[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's Spike Lee's best film and why is it Malcom
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: malcolmxlghb5.jpg (63 KB, 389x474) Image search: [Google]
malcolmxlghb5.jpg
63 KB, 389x474
What's Spike Lee's best film and why is it Malcom X?
Is it because of the fantastic, romantic score? Or is it the beautiful imagery in vibrant colors? Could it be the near look a like semblance of Malcom through Denzel?
Whatever the case is, the opening speech still gives me chills.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYZHe9r7Dd4
>>
>>69622542
>GET YOU GODDAMNED HAND OUTTA MY POCKET NIGGUAH!
>>
Just watched it the other weekend. Agree with his politics or not, I really like the way Spike Lee tells a story! Good shit.
>>
>>69623056
How many times was that "get your hand out of my pocket" distraction used in the film? Was it a common move in that era?
>>
>film
Excuse me, it's pronounced joint.
>>
>>69623134
this, otherwise I agree OP
>>
>>69623131
I remember it being used twice in the joint. Once as a prelude to the commotion, and once during the actual assassination.
>>
I recently saw Crooklyn and enjoyed it quite a bit. Not as epic as Malcom X, but his joints flow well.
>>
File: MPW-49456.jpg (105 KB, 500x737) Image search: [Google]
MPW-49456.jpg
105 KB, 500x737
Do the Right Thing and Malcolm X are his best, but pic related is also great
>>
>>69622542
>Spike Lee's best film
its like saying my best shit was the one with corn pieces in it. doesnt mean much
>>
>joint
>>
>Maclcom X
>not Jungle Fever
Jungle Fever is the ultimate movie about cucking and being cucked. I'm surprised no memes have spawned from it with cuck being flung here and there and everywhere.
>>
>>69622542
Do The Right Thing and Malcolm X are objectively his best films and the ones he'll be remembered for. They're both focused on racial issues but his filmmaking talents are enormous and he's more subtle than tv/pol says.

25th Hour is a great post-9/11 New York film. Clockers and Summer of Sam are also underrated and non-preachy. Those three play out like great crime novels.

I don't care for his take on racial issues in America but he's a great New York filmmaker, he makes the city feel so vibrant.
>>
>We don't see any american dream, but we are experiencing the American Nightmare
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>69622542
>have a movie poster as the OP image
>still can"t spell the title
gj kiddo
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.