[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Dark Tower
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 6
File: Totally Roland.jpg (71 KB, 632x960) Image search: [Google]
Totally Roland.jpg
71 KB, 632x960
>the dark tower is his penis
>>
>>69621709
>described as having blue eyes
>tons of dialogue about his race
>direct character interactions in multiple books because of his race
>always described as looking like clint eastwood
>lets hire a black guy
>>
>>69622860
Why does it make you so upset
>>
>>69622893
I just made a list...
>>
>>69621709
What the hell is this universe anyway? It's medieval fantasy but it has cowboys and shit? Sounds super dumb.
>>
>>69622942
In rolands world guns were like an artifact. And the gunslingers were basically like the knights of the round table.
>>
I dont mind Idris but dude that costume looks like shit.
>>
>>69622981
>were basically like the knights of the round table.

Not like. Literally were. Just revolvers instead of swords
>>
>>69622860
b-but whitewashing, an eye for an eye helps the world see better
>>
>>69623130
What? That's literally how I imagine his outfit. Just jeans instead of those pants, tho.
>>
>>69623241
Any other character would be fine except for Roland or Eddie because story purposes.

Man in black, the bartender, the gang they fight, Roland's friends in his flashbacks, Jake.

Any and all of them could be any race and it would still make sense to the story.
>>
>>69623407
This. There is significant racial tension between Susannah and Eddie/Roland. I guess it will all be directed at Eddie
>>
>>69623407
I'm 100% with you, but in a post-#racistoscars world, you're a racist for voicing any complaint
>>
>>69623723

You are assuming that they do a sequel
>>
>>69623777
trips confirmed for epic flop and reboot in 3 years
>>
>>69623777

I don't think they'll make 7 films unless they are roaring successes. But I ALSO don't think they will just do a standalone. If they aren't good, I imagine they will condense them into 3-4 at most.
>>
File: m3RfWebU.jpg (84 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
m3RfWebU.jpg
84 KB, 640x640
>Scott Eastwood will never be cast as Roland

If only he had begun his acting career sooner and was a seasoned actor at this point. Fuck.
>>
>>69623935
If only he knew how to act and not have a faggy voice.
>>
>>69623935
Too young. Roland is like almost 60 in the gunslinger
>>
File: kateryn.jpg (366 KB, 1280x1937) Image search: [Google]
kateryn.jpg
366 KB, 1280x1937
>Roland, do you have a dark tower for me?
>>
>>69623130

Yeah it looks like a shitty Star Trek "let's go back in time to the Oldwest" outfit
>>
Viggo Mortensen would've been a fucking amazing choice.
>>
>>69623840
LOL if it's a roaring success they'll probably stretch it to 12 films

I'd be interested to see the opposite happen for once though
>>
>>69622860
It's because they WANTED to cut all of the racist dialogue.

Do you really think they can have a black person being aggressively and openly racist? You know blacks can't be racist so it would just cause confusion to the audience.
>>
>>69624067
I always hoped it would be an HBO series myself, too much story to condense into movies.
>>
>>69624037
When I heard McConaughey was gonna be in it I thought "oh shit, that might be the most perfect casting for Roland I never thought of-"

Then I found out he's the MIB. The literal man in black is playing Roland instead, which actually would have worked better if vice versa. Fuck this gay earth
>>
>>69624137
Yup. Which, in my opinion, is a deeper and more profound insult to black people.
>>
>yfw Stephen King is in the 5th, 6th, and 7th film like most of his movies.
>yfw he plays himself

I almost dropped the books
>>
Eh hes likeable enough as an actor and I dont really give a shit about the race parts. Its just more fuel for the sjw agenda so stop fucking talking about it.
>>
>>69624200

Yeah, that was confusing, distracting, and awful.
>>
>>69623130
It looks okay just too fucking clean.
>>
File: eddie.jpg (53 KB, 550x472) Image search: [Google]
eddie.jpg
53 KB, 550x472
>>69623407
As long as they get Joe Anderson to play Eddie, I'd be happy

Throughout the entire books I just pictured him as this guy, he'd be a good fit
>>
>>69624433
I always pictured him as more of a greaser looking type of guy.
>>
>>69624200
I dropped the books as soon as my friend told me that's what would happen

NOPE'd the fuck right out of there, never looked back, all my friends who read through to the end told me I was right to do so
>>
>>69624433
>>69624569
I hate to reddit but I feel like Aaron Paul was always the obvious choice
>>
>>69624580
I stuck with it because basically everything King has ever written is tied to the Dark Tower, so I needed to see the "conclusion." But the last book is a pretty big letdown
>>
>>69624629
I liked the ending. I think that was the only ending for Roland there was.
>>
>>69624613
Hmmm Aaron Paul could def pull it off as well, issue is that either actor would have to buff up a little towards the end of the films (kek, more than one), and I can't see Aaron Paul buffing up
>>
>implying basketball americans have larger penj than Caucasians
>>
>>69624712
^ this, I felt the last book in it's entirety was a little rushed, but the ending - I couldn't have pictured anything else for Roland either
>>
Finally got to the last book for this series...

/tv/ told me to stop at Wolves of Calla.

But I didn't. Jesus christ did Stephen King get scared shitless by getting hit by that car? Like seriously, this fucker wrote himself into his own book and made doctor doom appear.

like what the fuck
>>
hes OLD
>>
>>69621709

confirmed flop
>>
>>69624845
That accident kinda ruined him for a decade.
>>
>>69624845
Is the new dark tower book any good? That prequel/spinoff book or whatever?
>>
>>69625188
Wind through the keyhole?
>>
>>69625188

Best since The Wizard and Glass, in my opinion.
>>
>>69625213
Hmmm, maybe I should check it out too
Read the whole series minus that one
>>
>>69624845

He lost his mind, he is a straight up cuck nowadays
>>
>>69625213
The Wizard and the Glass was lame as fuck. Didn't push the plot forward at all. the 2nd and 3rd book were the best.
>>
>>69625248
You didn't read Wizard and Glass? Why the fuck not. it's so sad

Also, wind/keyhole isn't really about Roland but it's still very good.
>>
>>69622893
because /pol/ is bizarro-tumblr

>muh whitewashing
>muh blackwashing
>>
>>69625286
>I hate back story and character growth because I'm a terrible person
>>
>>69625188
it is actually, though the story within a story within a story setup leads to some jarring moments
>>
>>69624845
Pain meds, cocaine, and alcohol. Believe it or not those things in combination will fuck with your artistic ability
>>
>>69625339
He was way off coke by then
>>
>>69625286

Not as good as the first three but definitely an interesting story.
>>
>>69625353

Believe that if you will.
>>
>>69625339

His best work was on coke...
>>
>>69625353

When you are in serious pain and taking downers, someone who is prone to cocaine use will definitely relapse. You know it will bring you up to the level where you want to be so you do it and then you reenter the vicious cycle.
>>
>>69623968
And Elba is too black
>>
>>69625439
He's been very honest about his substance abuse...why would be lie about not using coke? He definitely abused the prescriptions tho.
>>
>>69625439

Usually an addict just replaces one thing for another. He got addicted to the pain killers because he used to be a coke head. He's real honest about that shit. If he did coke too, he would've said. He already admitted he was faded on opiates the entire time writing those.
>>
>>69625486

I would guess because when he was on pain meds, that was really the main course. When you are on opiates, that's really the main thing that you are on. Everything else is windowdressing, taking you a little bit more down or levelling you out and bring you up a bit. It's a totally different ballpark and way more serious than cocaine use.
>>
>>69625539

I always thought he got addicted to pain meds because he got mangled.
>>
>>69622981
This sounds like a shitty anime
>>
>>69622893
It's pandering for a minuscule audience.

It destroys any type of immersion and quality for the sake of the feelings of a small group of people.
>>
>>69625624
Why don't you read it yourself and make up your own mind?
>>
>>69625603

That was definitely part of it.
>>
>>69625635
And what proof have you that he was cast for that purpose?
>>
>>69621709
Why don't movies take one aspect of technology and put it in a certain setting for shits and giggles? Like have a western world where somehow there are cellphones with perfect reception. Put that spin on the ok corral and speculate how it pans out.

Why not? Is American cinema so obsessed with coherence?
>>
>>69625293
Oh nah I meant Wind Through the Keyhole, I read Wizard and Glass

Cried like a little pussy
>>
>>69625727
That's kinda what the dark tower is. faggot
>>
File: darktowerkatet.jpg (245 KB, 644x1000) Image search: [Google]
darktowerkatet.jpg
245 KB, 644x1000
>>69624845

>fighting doctor doom robots that throw quidditch seeker bombs from harry potter
>roland's evil baby spider-demon son getting rekt by spoiled horse meat
>suzannah riding her motorcycle trike into an alternate reality to hang with dopplegangers of her lover and the kid who got killed fucking twice for some reason
>jake getting run over to save steven king from the car wreck
>the final confrontation with evil santa claus that throws harry potter bombs who is eventually spirited out of existence by a guy who draws him and then erases the drawing

Ending was pretty good though, I liked it.
>>
>>69622942
it has steampunk, super science and magic
>>
File: 1461511749204.jpg (35 KB, 399x400) Image search: [Google]
1461511749204.jpg
35 KB, 399x400
>>69625807

“I’d have you see the like this; I’d have you see them very well. Will you? They are clustered around Suzie’s Cruisin Trike, embracing in the aftermath of their victory. I’d have you see them this way not because they have won a great battle—they know better than that, every one of them—but because now they are ka-tet for the last time. The story of their fellowship ends here, on this make-believe street and beneath this artificial sun; the rest of the tale will be short and brutal compared to all that’s gone before. Because when ka-tet breaks, the end always comes quickly."
>>
>>69625640
Because I don't care for King's books granted I've only read his horror stuff but still you gotta admit that shit sounds corny as fuck.
>>
>>69625906

The Dark Tower is the only Stephen King I like. It's really good.
>>
>>69625807
its almost impressive how systematically King shuts down every possible story thread in the least climactic way possible
>>
>>69621709
Why is a nigger playing Roland?
>>
>>69625949
It's interesting to see all of the crazy connections he makes to TDT in almost everything else.

My favorites are 1408, Desperation/Regulators, and Insomnia. Maybe Black House but that was mostly Straub
>>
>>69623935
those are some small eyes...
>>
>>69625807
yeah, all these conclusions were pretty disappointing.

I was WTFing through most of the end of the last book.

The ending itself, for Roland, though, was good.
>>
>>69626029

Oh yeah, totally.

I forgot to add Randall Flag to that list; it applies as well.
>>
>self-inserts himself into the story
>that author's word before and after the coda
Is there a more arrogant author than Stephen King?
>>
>>69626374
I'm not sure its arrogance. I thinks it's pure laziness.

What he has done is a natural conclusion, given that he did, in fact, create that entire universe. But totally lazy to not work in a more delicate situation.
Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.