[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Marvel Cinematic Universe top 5
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 13
File: Marvel_Cinematic_Universe_logo.png (53 KB, 314x150) Image search: [Google]
Marvel_Cinematic_Universe_logo.png
53 KB, 314x150
what are your top 5 personal favorite movies from the MCU? simple thread <3

>1. Captain America: Civil War
>2. Captain America: Winter Soldier
>3. Iron Man
>4. Captain America: First Avenger
>5. Ant-Man

honorable mentions are Thor and Guardians of the Galaxy. I might just be coming off the hype from Civil War, so I will have to watch that one and WS again to confirm.
>>
Top 5:
1. Captain America: Civil War
2. Guardians Of The Galaxy
3. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
4. Iron Man
5. The Avengers

Bottom 5:
5. Ant-Man
4. Thor: The Dark World
3. Avengers: Age of Ultron
2. Iron Man 3
1. The Incredible Hulk
>>
ANTS
N
T
s
>>
>>69618722
1.) Iron Man
2.) captain America
3.) ANTS
4.) Guardians
5.) civil war

Bottom 5

Iron man 2
Avengers 2
Thor 1
Thor 2
Iron man 3
>>
Iron Man
Civil War
Winter Soldier
Ant-Man
Guardians of the Galaxy
>>
Civil War.
Winter Soldier
ANTS
Iron Man
TFA
>>
>>69618722
>>69618847
>>69618882
>>69618954
>>69618969
>>69619146
All of them trash except for Iron Man.
>>
Iron Man
CA:WS
CA: First Avenger
Ant-Man
Guardians

No, but really, CA: First Avenger is maximum comfy-tier
>>
If you seriously have civil war as your number 1 I don't know what the fuck to say to you. I hope you have better judgement in the other areas of your life.

1. The Winter Soldier
2. Guardians of the Galaxy

The rest of the films are absolute shit, but if I have to continue ranking:

3. Antman
4. Civil War
5. Iron Man 1
>>
>>69618722
best:
1. Iron Man
2. Winter Soldier
3. First Avenger
4. Avengers
5. Civil War
>>
>>69619264
its the MCU

it's not high brow cinema it's just fun and civil war is fun

>inb4 '>turn your brain off xD'

nobody claimed it was citizen kane
>>
>>69619264
>guardians of the galaxy better than iron man
holy shit you have no room to lecture anybody about taste.
>>
>>69619202
fuck off DCuck <3 go jesuspost elsewhere
>>
1. Thor
2. Civil War
3. Winter Soldier
4. Avengers
5. Iron Man
>>
>>69618722
1. Iron man
2. Winter Soldier
3. The Avengers
4. GotG
5. Civil War
>>
>>69619330
You're clearly forgetting the 2nd half of iron man which was painfully boring. GotG was a breath of fresh air, new, exciting, infinitely more entertaining and fun than any iron man or avengers film.
>>
>its this thread again

the first avenger
the winter soldier
the avengers
iron man
civil war
ant man
guardians of the galaxy
the incredible hulk
iron man 2
thor 2
thor 1
age of ultron
iron man 3
>>
>>69619397
>thor the best
what the fuck it's probably the worst marvelverse movie.
>>
1. Ant-man
2. TWS
3. Civil war

everything else is garbage
>>
1. Winter Soldier
2. Civil War
3. ANTS
4. Guardians Of the Galaxy
5. Avengers 1
>>
File: guide to capekino V1.jpg (413 KB, 1860x1400) Image search: [Google]
guide to capekino V1.jpg
413 KB, 1860x1400
>>69618722
Simply put, you have a low cinematic IQ, or some sort of Stockholm Syndrome, from overexposure to bland, safe, PC and soulless mass-produced blockbusters, which has conditioned you into accepting the absolute lowest common denominator standards in filmmaking, writing and cinematography as somehow acceptable, when you should in fact feel nothing but contempt or disgust for any Kevin Feige-conceived product.

Even strictly in the field of capeshit entertainment, where the bar has always been pretty low, since they're primarly a children media, the level of genuine quality and creative abilities (which comes from studios giving freedom to an auteur with a strong personality and vision towards the material) has kept dropping since the 90's.

When Raimi's Darkman/Spider-Man, Del Toro's Blade 2/Hellboy, Burton's Batman 2 or Bird's The Incredibles offered innovative and playful set pieces, meaningful and relevant themes, each with a very distinct, appropriate tone and truly cinematic aesthetics (simply compare the lighting or editing to today's equivalents), none of these qualities are to be found in Avengers or any of the previous MCU entries. This is why Edgar Wright got fired from Ant-Man. This is why Feige keeps hiring visionless point-and-shoot directors who come from TV or comedy, colorblind cinematographers and art/set design teams who seem to be in love with grey, sterile hangars for some unexplainable reason. Action scenes are now being conceived by CGI teams months before the movie begins shooting and all follow the exact same formula.

Even as a child, I couldn't imagine being dazzled or amused by those turds, as they're utterly devoid of any charm, colors, magic or imagination.
>>
>>69619469
just subjective, personal taste anon. and no it's nowhere near the worst.
>>
File: Pt83Kn6.jpg (372 KB, 600x2552) Image search: [Google]
Pt83Kn6.jpg
372 KB, 600x2552
>>69619539
>>
>>69619469
Probably has a boner for Thor.

Btw, Evans > Hemsworth > Pratt
>>
File: 1462522405901.gif (3 MB, 294x238) Image search: [Google]
1462522405901.gif
3 MB, 294x238
>>69619590
>this is made unironically
wew
>>
>>69619644
and so is that previous wall of text :)
>>
>>69619547
yes it is. It's literally just Thor fucking around with a bunch ridiculously bland human characters for the entire movie before killing a giant robot the end. At least The Dark World was more focused on Asgard shit, Thor was just boring.
>>
>>69619671
>but the other guy posted something pathetic!
shit excuse.
>>
>>69619742
no. Iron Man 2 and first Avengers is the worst.
>>
>>69619809
Avengers is one of the better ones. At least it didn't have a fucking dance-off. Iron man 2, Thor 1, and Age of Ultron are the worst.
>>
File: mcu.jpg (190 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
mcu.jpg
190 KB, 1024x576
>>69619776
>>69619671
>>69619644
>>69619590
In an ideal world, comic book adaptations would be pushing the boundaries of audio-visual storytelling, offering a sense of style and playfulness unique to the medium. For all its juvenile flaws, the medium of handdrawn capeshit actually is its own artform and kept reinventing itself.

When you look at revered classics in cinema history, you see filmmakers with sensibilities that aren't that different from comic book artists. Filmmakers who understand the power of imaginative framing and editing, they played with depth, angles or colors schemes, experimented with montage techniques, sound design or lenses.

This is a picture from Stan Lee’s "How to Draw Comics the Marvel Way". Look at it and ask yourself how would the equivalent "How To Makes Movies the Marvel Way" could look like.

Then ask yourself where the current Kevin Feige-produced MCU titles would be, on the left or on the right? Do they offer visual dynamism, creative and exciting use of the medium's possibilities in order to heighten the experience? Personally, when I look at this picture, I can see exciting formalists and pop artists like Orson Welles, Seijun Suzuki or Sergio Leone belonging on the right, or even to stay strictly in the field of current blockbuster filmmakers, people like George Miller, the Wachowski Sisters or Brad Bird but certainly not Peyton Reed or Jon Favreau, with their flat, uninspired televisual (lack of) style.

All the great Marvel artists would absolutely agree that the MCU is a bland, soulless sham.
>>
>>69619954
>27%
>869 million
>>
Why does everyone hate The Incredible Hulk? it was pretty awesome, I thought. It was solidly acted, had the Hulk fighting a foe other than the military for once, and thank god it wasn't an origin story.

1. Guardians Of The Galaxy
2. Captain America: Civil War
3. The Avengers
4. Ironman
5. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
>>
>>69619954
Thing is, superhero movies are blockbusters, blockbusters are made to be just 2 entertaining hours.
If anyone bothers watching, or using superhero movies to push things like cinematography, both the viewer and the director are wasting their time.

>Do they offer visual dynamism, creative and exciting use of the medium's possibilities in order to heighten the experience?
Why would I care about visual dynamism in a superhero blockbuster?
>>
>>69620147
>Why would I care about visual dynamism in a superhero blockbuster?

why would you stop caring about visual dynamism just because it's a superhero blockbuster?
>>
>>69620147
>Why would I care about visual dynamism in a superhero blockbuster?
Brainwashing successful
>>
File: 1463430673297.jpg (26 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
1463430673297.jpg
26 KB, 800x450
>>69619954
The laughable part of this is that you unironically think Zack Snyder's garbage is somehow good.
Pic related, the average Snyder shot.
This is film student-tier trash.
The fact that this talentless hack not only went to film school to learn about this, but hasn't improved a single thing well entered into his 50's prove how much of a hack he is.
The MCU doesn't have good cinematography, but they are not trying to do so.
DC does and they come up with this thing that it feels almost as if Snyder was being condescending towards their audience.
It's pathetic.
>>
File: i'm right.jpg (25 KB, 500x580) Image search: [Google]
i'm right.jpg
25 KB, 500x580
>>69618722
1. Winter Soldier
2. Iron Man
3. Iron Man 3
4. Ant Man
5. The Avengers
>>
>>69620209
Because these movies are blockbusters.
They are never going to amount to be anything else because they try to appeal to the masses, and the masses don't give a shit about cinematography.

This is like those people that complain about Transformers movies having dumb plots, when Transformers is a franchise about robots who transform into cars and fight other robots.

Why don't you go and look for actual good movies instead of capeshit if you want to find quality?
>>
File: 1454615000460.png (153 KB, 560x582) Image search: [Google]
1454615000460.png
153 KB, 560x582
>it's a buttmad DCucks episode

will it ever end?
>>
>>69620231
>>69620118
>>69619590
I haven't even seen MoS or BvS, I don't like Snyder either (albeit for different reasons). I used Burton's Batman Returns (DC), Raimi's Spider-Man (from a Marvel comics before Feige's MCU) or Bird's The Incredibles (which is its own thing) as brilliant examples to follow.
>>
>>69620209
>>69620225
Surprise: blockbusters are movies made to rank in money and don't care about artistic values.
Shocking, right?
>>
>>69620343
>brilliant examples
Brilliant?
Who the fuck are you trying to fool?
Being better than average doesn't mean anything brilliant.
They are superhero movies, there's nothing brilliant about them.
The cinematography is always going to be mediocre at best, the plots are going to be simple, and the characters are going to be one-dimensional.
That's a fact that has been applied to all capeshit trash and it'll always will.
>>
>>69620291
>>69620349

>They are never going to amount to be anything else because they try to appeal to the masses, and the masses don't give a shit about cinematography.

Spiderman 1 and 2 were blockbusters too and they had fantastic cinematography.
>>
Winter soldier
Civil War
Ant man
Avengers
Iron man
>>
>>69619954
>>69619539
Simply put you are fucking comparing shit flicks about 30-40 men using tight suits, kicking people asses for 2hr, made for children but viewed by beta males that unironically want people to look up and dream about having superpowers, just because one looks better and the other doesn't? And the laughlable part is that you named a Hack Wright, known for making movies that appeal to the lowest denominator, and Sam Raimi's Spider-Man, known for being childish, formulaic, safe trilogy who only has one movie that took risks (Spider-Man 3). You are not better than those that post CAPEKINO in this board, you are no better than the Evanposters, you are actually believing that by using a theasaurus and posting this crap on every capeshit thread will make you the most cultured man in the world, YOU ARE UNIRONICALLY BELIEVING THAT.
>>
>>69620472
So?
They are still superhero movies that have aged like milk in every single aspect.
The plot is as simple as the superhero movies today.
And I would change in a heartbeat an interesting plot over being able to take pretty shots of the movie and put them together with paint on a cinemagrid.

Plus it tells quite a bit that you think a movie's soul resides solely in it's cinematography.

Not saying the MCU has, not a single superhero movie has had any kind of soul, but there's more to it than that.
>>
>>69618847

Agreed with top 5, but Ant Man was decent.
>>
>>69618722
1. Iron Man
2. Avengers
3. Iron Man 2
4. The Winter Soldier
5. Civil War
>>
>>69620472
>Spiderman 1 and 2 were blockbusters too and they had fantastic cinematography.
And they are still some of the blandest, most formulaic and safest superhero movies ever.
>>
>>69618722
1. TWS
2. GOTG
3. CW
4. IM
5. Avengers
>>
>>69619590
>Mercy pissing in a jar
My fetish.
>>
>The cinematography is always going to be mediocre at best

The scene in the original Superman where he leaves home is completely fucking gorgeously shot with the fortress of solitude rising scene as a close runner up.
>>
>>69620472
Spider-Man 1 has not aged well
>>
>>69620671
Exactly, mediocre at best.
>>
When you realize that comic book characters are analogous to Greek mythos as superior set of morality reflecting American values you'll gain a new appreciation for the medium as it enters film.

Captain America
>liberty above authority, draws the line at God and Constitution
Hulk
>the God of War explains Just War theory
Black Widow
>women can't be trusted
IronMan
>technology has no morality
Thor
>foreign powers that we do not control, if in conjunction with American policy, are our allies
Hawkeye
>the intellectual observer/the audience
>can't be fooled twice
>when forced into a corner, just wants him and his family to be left alone, but will not tolerate abuse of power

The avengers
>how do these conflicting ideas work together
>>
>>69620586
>Plus it tells quite a bit that you think a movie's soul resides solely in it's cinematography.

what the hell are you talking about? I literally just made a single post about Raimi Spiderman having good cinematography and you infer this from it?

>over being able to take pretty shots of the movie and put them together with paint on a cinemagrid.

It's much more than taking pretty shots. Raimi Spiderman has Raimi's highly distinct visual style in terms of camerawork and visual storytelling.

>not a single superhero movie has had any kind of soul

confirmed for never seeing Superman. Well, at least the first half anyway.
>>
>>69620989
Also, all the other characters are either foils to their primary or variants.
see: war machine, ultron, abomination, falcon, bucky, etc

also, this is why their villains tend to be weak and one dimensional. When you give room to explore villainy, you're basically saying that dissent is better than tradition. While obviously there are some exceptions, the point is to focus on why these moral fables illustrate proper american values

oh, and
Spiderman
>children are the future, sarcastic, easily indoctrinated, will usurp their fathers upon adulthood
>>
>>69621031
>what the hell are you talking about? I literally just made a single post about Raimi Spiderman having good cinematography and you infer this from it?
If you just joined the replay chain, my bad.

>Raimi Spiderman has Raimi's highly distinct visual style in terms of camerawork and visual storytelling.
Explain how, what kind of qualities does it have?
All i've read is how Raimi's Spiderman has good cinematography, nobody has anything more to say.

>confirmed for never seeing Superman
I have, i'm sure for it's time it was something special, but I don't see anything in it.
Forgettable, incredibly cheesy, that's all.
>>
>>69620728
How so? Aside from the body double CGI in some places. It still beats all of the marvelverse movies.

>>69620743
The Dark Knight was a superhero movie and had amazing cinematography. It literally won the oscar for best cinematography.
>>
>>69621187
>It literally won the oscar for best cinematography.
Which proves the legitimacy of Oscars.
>>
>>69618722
top 5
1. Iron Man
2 TWS
3 Ant-man
4 GotG

there is no 5
>>
>>69618722

>1. Captain America: Civil War
>2. Captain America: Winter Soldier
>3. The Avengers
>4. Iron Man
>5. Age of Ultron
>>
File: chainsaw.png (249 KB, 637x348) Image search: [Google]
chainsaw.png
249 KB, 637x348
>>69621131
>Explain how, what kind of qualities does it have?

are you shitting me nigger?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWJQR6SNMF8

this is literally the most raimi thing
>>
>>69621131
>All i've read is how Raimi's Spiderman has good cinematography, nobody has anything more to say.

Raimi has a highly distinct style of camerawork and visual storytelling.If you want a specific example that best exemplifies what makes Raimi's style unique watch the hospital scene from Spiderman 2. The expressive use of snap zooms, the camera essentially being centered on a moving projectile that's going exactly horizontal to the camera, it feels almost straight out of one of the evil dead movies.

He also has an incredible knack for shots filled with loads of movement while still maintaining incredible composition throughout the entirety of the shot.
>>
>>69621215
The movie had amazing cinematography no matter what standards you use, especially the opening bank heist.
>>
>>69619539
Stale pasta is stale
>>
>>69618722
>Civil War
>The Winter Soldier
>Avengers
>Guardians of the Galaxy
>Iron Man
>>
>>69621854
Which then again proves the true value of the Oscars.
Says quite a lot when such a generic movie is praised, but then again, superhero trash has never been more than corporate shlock with the only purpose of making money.
>>
1. Civil War
2. Winter Soldier

POWER GAP

3 + 4. Avengers/Iron Man (it's been a while since I've seen them but I remember liking them)

5. ???
>>
>>69622073
>Which then again proves the true value of the Oscars.

what? I didn't mention the oscars in the post you responded to. The Dark Knight had amazing cinematography superhero movie or not.
>>
>>69622075
>civil war
>better than iron man
no.
>>
>>69622191
>>69622073
>>69621756
>>69621215
>>69621187
>capeshitters knowing a single thing about cinematography
My fucking sides.
>>
>>69622241
Civil War was quite consistent all throughout.
Iron Man had an interesting first half, and then started deflating more and more, ending up in a lackluster fight.
>>
>>69622251
yeah it just looks so ugly right?
>>
File: 1461182863008.png (910 KB, 744x742) Image search: [Google]
1461182863008.png
910 KB, 744x742
>>69622375
>60% of the shot blurred out
Bravo Nolan.
>>
>>69622291
civil war was consistently mediocre throughout. At least Iron man didn't throw in completely unncessary characters who had nothing to do with the plot of the movie just so they could have more dudes in the big fight scene.
>>
>>69622442
>says Civil War is mediocre
>praises Iron Man
Why?
>>
>>69622485
>tony stark isn't emo in it
>doesn't shove in irrelevant characters just to up the scale of things
>no Vision
>superior Rhodes
>villain is actually cool
>>
>>69622739
>tony stark isn't emo in it
Probably because the entire world isn't crashing down on top of him in IM1.

>doesn't shove in irrelevant characters just to up the scale of things
Who are the ten rings?
They just get taken out in the middle of the movie because they didn't know what to do with Tony's captors.

>no Vision
So?

>superior Rhodes
You mean the one that does absolutely anything, has no personality, and is just...
Seriously, why would anyone think of him at all?
He's such a blank character.

>villain is actually cool
Oh yeah, and oversized Iron Man armor, it's so f*cking epic.
And Iron Monger totally isn't one of the worst and lamest Iron Man villains he has ever had.
>>
>>69622855
>Probably because the entire world isn't crashing down on top of him in IM1.
doesn't matter. At least in IM1 he's endearing and not insufferable

>Who are the ten rings?

how are they irrelevant? They literally captured him in the beginning of the movie dipshit. And Jeff Bridges hired them to do it. They're literally the opposite of irrelevant.

>So?
Vision ruins every scene he's in because he's such a shit character in the movies.

>You mean the one that does absolutely anything, has no personality, and is just...
He had plenty of personality in the first, but then they replaced Terrence Howard with Don Cheadle.

>Oh yeah, and oversized Iron Man armor, it's so f*cking epic.
Better than some random ass pipsqueak like Zemo.
>>
>>69623038
>y-you're wrong
So you have no argument then
>>
>>69623038
>doesn't matter
Then why even complain about it?

>They literally captured him in the beginning of the movie dipshit.
And then they didn't know what to do with them, so they just killed them.

>Vision ruins every scene he's in because he's such a shit character in the movies.
Yeah, Tony Stark totally isn't a piece of garbage as a character.

>He had plenty of personality in the first
He didn't. In fact, nobody complained about his actor change because no one noticed.

>Better than some random ass pipsqueak like Zemo.
No, it's not.
Zemo at least achieved what he set out to do without any superpower.
Big Iron Man didn't achieve a thing, he was a villain because the story needed one.
>>
>>69623038
>He had plenty of personality in the first
What the fuck is this guy talking about.

>then they replaced Terrence Howard with Don Cheadle.

Which is good because Don Cheadle is actually a good actor and Terrance Howard is a mediocre actor, and a fucking retard as a person.
I still remember him going all phylosophical in the interviews of Iron Man 1 when his character is just a bunch of nothing.
>>
>>69623129
>And then they didn't know what to do with them, so they just killed them.

They knew exactly what to do with them, they killed them. What makes you think they didn't know what to do with them?
>>
>>69622855
>it's so f*cking epic.
literal redditor
>>
>>69623358
The fact that the 10 Rings played a gigantic role in Iron Man's story in the comics.
10 Rings is to Iron Man what HYDRA is to Captain America, and they completely wasted them.
>>
>>69623393
Not being able to understand sarcasm is a symptom of autism.
>>
>>69623401
>The fact that the 10 Rings played a gigantic role in Iron Man's story in the comics.

what the fuck are you talking about? There is no terrorist group called the 10 rings in the comics.And the guys who captured him in the comics didn't play any larger of a role. Where the fuck are you getting this from?

>10 Rings is to Iron Man what HYDRA is to Captain America
lolwut, the 10 rings was literally made up for the movie. The name is just a reference to The Mandarin's magic rings.
>>
1. Iron Man
2. The Avengers
3. Guardians of the Galaxy
4. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
5. Ant-Man
>>
>>69623401
>the 10 Rings played a gigantic role in Iron Man's story in the comics
>the 10 Rings... in the comics
Oh, boy.
>>
File: 1381516659480.jpg (66 KB, 500x578) Image search: [Google]
1381516659480.jpg
66 KB, 500x578
>>69618722

Avengers
Guardians
Avengers: AoU
Iron Man
Iron Man 3
>>
>>69619539
Delicious pasta
>>
>>69618722
1. Avengers
2. Civil War
3. Winter Soldier
4. First Avenger
5. Age of Ultron
>>
File: man of steel.jpg (3 MB, 2880x1800) Image search: [Google]
man of steel.jpg
3 MB, 2880x1800
what about DCEU?

Dawn Of Justice (8.5) > Man Of Steel (8.0)
>>
1. Iron Man
2. Guardians of the Galaxy
3. The Avengers
4. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
5. Captain America: Civil War
>>
>Winter Soldier
>good

How pleb can you be? And I'm a diehard CA1 and CA fan.
Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.