[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How would you do a The Mask sequel?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: son of the mask 2.jpg (49 KB, 640x350) Image search: [Google]
son of the mask 2.jpg
49 KB, 640x350
How would you do a The Mask sequel?
>>
I wouldnt
>>
Shoot it for a million dollars and embellish the remainder of the budget
>>
who thought Son of the Mask was a good idea?
>>
>>69618501
Not at all.
>>
>>69618501
Take some episode from animated series and make it into the movie with that villain who can make his head walk like spider.
>>
>>69618501
do it like the comics and make him a nigh omnipotent psychopath.
>>
Make it grim, gritty and more realistic. None of that cartoon crap. I'd get a poc to be the lead "mask" character. There wouldn't be the sexist objectification of women like the first one. The Mask uses his power to fight as an ally to women of color. They use his abilities to dismantle the patriarchy and advocate for social justice.
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (83 KB, 400x616) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
83 KB, 400x616
Like this
>>
>>69618781

underrated comic
>>
>>69618501
use the mask as a metaphor for modern political power and influence. The mask is naturally discovered by an overweight unattractive girl. She becomes attractive and influential, and she begins to change, finding she's becoming the very thing that she hates most, popular and dismissive. The movie ends with girl throwing the mask back into the ocean where she found it.
>>
>>69618781
this is great
What are other good The Mask comics?
>>
>>69618501
I don't think I'll be able to pull it off. The source material is too big for me.
>>
>>69618744
now i'm curious

how is he like in the comics? is it dark? worth reading?
>>
File: wpid-wp-1436801511596.jpg (83 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
wpid-wp-1436801511596.jpg
83 KB, 300x225
>>69618501
>How would you do a The Mask sequel?

I wouldn't. But if I did, I'd do it like the animated series and for that you'd need a young Jim Carrey so it's not possible.

I'd do a reboot though and make it more or less like the animated series.
>>
>>69618501

Have the Mask put his cartoonishly long tongue to use, at the one thing cartoonishly long tongues are good for.

You know.
>>
Paint Björk's face green and film her being herself for a few weeks.
>>
>>69618964
The Mask comics are more the story of the Mask itself than the people wearing it. It passes from person to person, driving them crazy and allowing them to fulfill whatever their desires are. Sometimes, wearers become addicted to the power, and if they lose it, they do whatever it takes to get it back.

The first few books are REALLY good, but it kind of loses its luster after a few psychopaths get their hands on it.

The movie version of the Mask is...very different, but came to be the defining character thanks to the popularity of the movie. The comic eventually becomes a lot like the movie, including crossovers.
>>
File: w4535_.jpg (70 KB, 442x470) Image search: [Google]
w4535_.jpg
70 KB, 442x470
>>69618501
Do it depressing and violently psychotic and laugh as culture plebs and parents moan "Not muh Mask"
>>
Cast Amy Schumer as the star and have her make pussy jokes for 2 hours
>>
>>69619228
>SSSSSSSOMEBODY FUCK ME
>>
>>69618964
The movie is a combination of the first few mask users from the comic, without the gristly end they all meet due to the comic run being pretty dark.
>>
>>69619228
I want this, just to kill that whale's career
>>
I watched Son of the Mask more than a dozen times.
>>
>>69619907
poor soul
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.