[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
so, Transformers 5's title was announced today as Transformers:
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 146
Thread images: 12
File: evilprime.png (760 KB, 600x599) Image search: [Google]
evilprime.png
760 KB, 600x599
so, Transformers 5's title was announced today as Transformers: The Last Knight. and this was the promo picture for it.

there's no way Prime is returning from space without having turned into Nemesis Prime, is there?
>>
I don't care
I really, really, really don't care
>>
>>69616193
>Turned into
Nemesis was an entirely different Prime.
>>
I am not sure if you should ask /co/ or /toy/ honestly.
>>
>>69616280
the movies don't follow the story from the comics

bayverse prime is already a psychopath, it would be fitting
>>
Does anyone honestly give a shit about the story to Transformers? I'm pretty sure 99% of its main audience watches it to kill two and a half hours and nothing else.
>>
remember in the first one where all technology was derived from megatron's frozen body, and the reason megatron went to earth was to reverse engineer the technology that didn't exist?

remember when they thought the power cube would be safe in a helicopter when the robots could turn into fucking jets?

fuck these movies
>>
>>69616410

Remember when Shia killed Megatron?
>>
I haven't watched any of the Bay Transformers.
>>
>>69616410
he went to earth because he was chasing after the cube and crashlanded
>>
>>69616455
the first and third aren't too bad
>>
The first movie was actually somewhat coherent and had some interesting story concepts to it.

Then the rest just descended into insane madness. I guess that's what happens when you realize you can forego the writing process and still pull in over a billion dollars per movie.
>>
File: download (5).jpg (9 KB, 294x171) Image search: [Google]
download (5).jpg
9 KB, 294x171
>>69616321
>comics

Nemesis Prime/Black Convoy is an anime thing, actually.
>>
File: 1427834503840.jpg (22 KB, 441x420) Image search: [Google]
1427834503840.jpg
22 KB, 441x420
The Transformer's audience is pretty much exactly the same as the DC movie audience.

The dont give a fuck about shitty ratings, they just want to see things punch other things into things.
>>
>>69616321
Hardly.
>Comics
Nemesis Prime is part of the official meta continuity that unifies all TF Media.
He's not just comics.

What's more likely is Nemesis Prime, pictured, serves the creators. And will be a seperate toy. He is sent to keep Optimus from them, forcing the battle back to Earth.
Nemesis is ultimately defeated, sequel teased.
>>
>>69616229
this

also just turn off your brain OP
>>
can someone give me an update on the story on these? haven't watched one since 2 for good reasons
>>
>>69616455
Only 1 is close to decent , the rest get worse and worse with each movie
>>
>>69616569

Yeah the update is go read the synopses on wikipedia, fucktard.
>>
>>69616504
Wasn't there a soda machine that got hit with the cube energy or whatever that became a transformer and started firing mountain dew cans at pedestrians? That was kinda neat.
>>
the weird thing with this franchise is how they keep retconning the story to add more and more times where the transformers interacted with earth in the past

"megatron crashed on earth following the allspark and the humans reverse engineered computers from him!" ok

"actually before that the fallen was on earth trying to blow up the sun with a pyramid and petra was built around the seven primes to protect the matrix and there were a bunch of seekers who somehow hid on earth for thousands of years despite only being able to have alt modes in the past couple hundred" oh....ok....

"actually megatron was going to go to earth even before the allspark got launched there because he had a deal with sentinel prime to enslave the humans thousands of years ago, so there are space bridge parts on the moon" wait, but how does that line up with-

"also the quintessons or something i dont know killed the dinosaurs with some sort of cyberforming "seed" that creates a metal that transformers are made of but it didnt create the dinobots, they're just coincidentally in this movie" WHY
>>
>>69616512
that's Scourge, not Nemesis Prime. same concept but Hasbro hadn't solidified the concept yet
>>
File: vfakt-580x777.jpg (67 KB, 580x777) Image search: [Google]
vfakt-580x777.jpg
67 KB, 580x777
>Transformers 5
>5

Fuck you.
>>
>>69616624

>blatant advertising
>neat
>>
>>69616602
chill it was a question geez
>>
>>69616550
Watching transformers gives me a headache. It is like having your eyes propped open and a bucket of nuts and bolts poured on your face.
>>
>>69616671
>only being able to have alt modes recently
Beast Wars
>>
>>69616550
I would be okay with that if I could visually understand whats happening when the transformers fight. Like my brain shuts down and all I see is a blurry mess of what I can only describe as computer vomit.
>>
>>69616742

fuck you lazy cunt, go get spoonfeed over on r/fucktard with the rest of your kin.
>>
Transformers 4 had the worst grand scale action I have ever seen. Not even kidding or baiting. It was terrible and showed how overrated Bay is. He can't do action. He is a hack.
Never did a movie give me a headache as bad as Transformers 4. Absolutely terrible.
>>
>>69616778
so rude baka
>>
>>69616778
there is no r/fucktard on 4chan, newfag
>>
>>69616772
The BvS fight with Doomsday was just as bad in every aspect as any Michael Bay Transformer battle.

CGI hyper vomit shit spew everywhere
>>
>>69616851
But it wasn't the action was the only good part stop with the console wars faggot
>>
>>69616193
Honestly, transformers is basically the same as capeshit
>>
>>69616193
>Getting overtaken by a creeping red
Assuming this IS Prime, and not a seperate entity as >>69616565 claims, couldn't this be the Hate Plague?
>>
>>69616712
what's going on here?
>>
>>69616193
HOLY SHIT

A CGI TRASH PILE IS GOING TO FIGHT CGI GARBAGE HEAPS

THERE'S NO WAY I'D MISS THAT

4chan is 18+
>>
>>69616811
>He can't do action.
Bitch literally every other movie of his that isn't transformers would like a word with you.

Saying the man who directed bad boys and the rock can't into action. I shake my head at you to be honest famagochi.
>>
>>69616569
basically, in Dark of the Moon it turns out that the Apollo moon landings were really done because the US discovered a cybertronian ship on the moon with optimus' predecessor, Sentinel Prime, in it. the autobots go up there and bring back sentinel and optimus wakes him up with the matrix, but it turns out sentinel was actually plotting with megatron to end the war by using a space bridge to bring cybertron into earth's orbit and enslave the humans/use the planet's resources to rebuild cybertron after a peace agreement. sentinel and megatron team up and blow the hell out of chicago to send a message to the humans while they open up the space bridge but optimus et al. kill pretty much every decepticon + sentinel and wreck chicago even more in the process.

in Age of Extinction, the us government has turned on the autobots due to the destruction of chicago and has been hunting them down. optimus and the other few survivors have been hiding but it turns out some company got megatron's corpse and is rebuilding him as galvatron to create human-controlled transformers. oops, galvatron is still sentient and he breaks out and creates a new deception army of drones when he gets ahold of some transformium, and he tries to cyberform hong kong. there's also a bounty hunter named lockdown who tries to kidnap optimus prime to sell him to his "creators", who may be the quintessons, but in the end he gets killed and the drone army gets destroyed and optimus grows jet boosters out of nowhere and flies into space
>>
>>69616889
Masturbation tumor. google it
>>
>>69616882
No, it's better.
It doesn't come out as frequently
>>
File: ExaltedAcclaimedBeaver.webm (2 MB, 1280x536) Image search: [Google]
ExaltedAcclaimedBeaver.webm
2 MB, 1280x536
>>69616193
>>
>>69616889
Tumour/Growth with excess skin
>>
>>69616760
i guess that's possible since Alice had an organic alt mode in TF2, but they havent really displayed anything that indicates they can mass shift. maybe they all turned into elephants and whales
>>
>>69616924
Gam Cam is best Cam
>>
File: box cat.gif (238 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
box cat.gif
238 KB, 500x281
>>69616851
I haven't seen Capeshit v. Capeshit. Surprisingly nothing about the shit storm that /tv/ has been has convinced me its worth my time or money.

And I spend my free time posting pictures of cats on a micronesian cross-stitching party-line.
>>
File: 1436736565034.jpg (133 KB, 728x636) Image search: [Google]
1436736565034.jpg
133 KB, 728x636
>it's a transformers lore discussion thread
>>
>>69616907
The Rock's action scenes are all shaky cam XTREEEEEME horseshit, and that's coming from someone who likes the movie
Some of the "forced action" cam during the Humvee chase is just hilarious, when the camera could easily focus on faces but instead just makes a mess and fucks around all over the screen because ACTION
>>
>>69616924
hard to believe she used to be a he
>>
transformers one was actually a pretty good action flick for what it was. i wish bay stayed closer to the way he portrayed it in the first one with the sequels, now its a drag to watch even if you just want to see robots punch each other
>>
>>69616907
He used to can, but now he can't.
>>
>>69616990
No different than the 5 threads discussing capelore
>>
I've watched all 4.

I've only ever went to the cinema to watch the first one, after that, I don't know they all somehow just sneak up on me. whether I am with friends, with some girl, just bored and nothing else is on that I haven't watched..

am I a terrible person for having watched all of them? :(
>>
>>69616740
the blatant advertising makes it funnier, imagine someone going to buy a dodge charger and saying "i want that car that tried to kill shia labeouf"
>>
Yes they are you fucking retard
>>
>>69616956
Considering one was a model T Ford, they wouldn't need to mass shift.
But yeah, most would have needed to be larger animals. Maybe the next retcon will be all Dragon myths were cybertronians.
>>
>>69616550
I felt the same way in the third act of Batman v Superman as I did watching one of these movies. So you're right. What's funny is one had pretentions of grandeur.
>>
>>69617075
No they're normiecore
>>
>>69616671
My thoughts exactly, fuck these shit movies.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (16 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
16 KB, 480x360
>>69617086
already been done in Masterforce and Cybertron, sort of, with the Decepticon Pretenders and Ancient Deceptions having been monsters. would be cool
>>
>>69616705
Its Black convoy, takara came up with the idea, not hasbro. scourge is just a dub name.
>>
>>69617018
In his defense, he kind of helped establish that gimmick.
>>
File: nicola-peltz-leaked-photos-3.jpg (179 KB, 792x594) Image search: [Google]
nicola-peltz-leaked-photos-3.jpg
179 KB, 792x594
>>69616924
Love her
>>
>>69617075
If you are, I am too.
>>69616883
The Hate Plague seems a weird choice. Nemesis as a seperate being means more toys from one mould that kids would legit want both. Optimus with Hate Plague is just a variant colour scheme.
>>
>>69617191
i know. just that in the "canon" such that it is, he's not Nemesis Prime
>>
>>69617214
How is that in his defense? It's not even a gimmick, just stupid, amateur-looking camera work.
>>
>>69616550
at least with Transformers you have some fun and don't walk out wanting to kill yourself
>>
>>69617318
>transformers after 1
>ever fun
>>
>>69617252
Hence the "/Black Convoy" part.
>>
>>69617318
Not true, its the same for both. I dont see how you could have fun with toilet humor, at least in MoS and BvS they have no humor instead.
>>
>>69617188
They had the chance to set up PRTENDAHS!! with Alice. Missed opportunity. Still, there's a lot from Masterforce we wouldn't want. Can you imagine the assblasted response to Headmaster Juniors or God Masters...?
>>
>>69617341
If you think even the first is fun you're a fucking retard. Its the same shit as all the others, the plot isnt better, the action isnt better, the characters are not better. It has just as many toilet jokes and shit writing that the others suffer from, dont pretend like its somehow better.
>>
>>69617222
This career woman didn't make a living for herself by having lonely men fantasy about her body. You really shouldn't spread her leaked photos.
>>
I've seen all of em. I've enjoyed them, i like the action and visual effects. Never really cared much for transformers so can't really comment on the story. Kinda like the apollo stuff though.
>>
>>69617379
they'd just call them Headmasters and Powermasters. i was actually thinking it would be a logical area to go in following TF4 since humans are starting to dabble in creating their own transformers
>>
>>69617401
It's not better it's just less worse

The movies are all the exact same film remade 3 times, but with an increase of bad aspects
>shia gets more screamy and autistic with each entry
>jokes get dumber and dumber culminating with the hangover asian guy in 3
>they get longer and so by default get worse

Granted, they appeal to the same audience that watches capeshit, so I guess thats why we get this again and again

I never saw four so I can't comment if this trend continues, but I know it's longer
>>
>>69617234
>Decisions about a film made on what toys kids want
And you still like this shit?!?
>>
>>69617318
Speak for yourself, they're a pretty miserable watch for me.
>>
>>69617513
>enjoying transformers

get out, being part of /tv/ means watching quality film
>>
>>69617564
>in b4 some fag says bot-kino
>>
They are literally the worst kind of action movies. They ooze incompetency. Even capeshit is worlds beyond this filth.
>>
>>69617605
Wait till 2017

If marvelfags/dcfags can force capekino, they'll do this next
>>
>>69617564
>people on 4chan like good things
lol
>>
File: Movie_Scorponok_leapsout.jpg (66 KB, 859x425) Image search: [Google]
Movie_Scorponok_leapsout.jpg
66 KB, 859x425
What the hell happened after the first one? At least then the Decepticons actually had jobs to do and put up a fight. Since then, they all easily die and fall apart like Jenga towers.
>>
>>69617555
They dont get dumber though, the first one has bumblebee piss on someone and thats the joke. It never reaches a new low after that, even with "the enemy scrotum" which is why I find the idea that the first one is "fun" laughable when those same people shit on the other three
>>
>>69617533
You actually make a good point. Played right, a Transtector with a Headmaster pilot wojld just be piloted Mecha. It'd certainly make for more capable human allies.

I can't see Powermasters being established though.

I'm just curious what Bayverse Quints will be like.
>>
>>69617713
The quality doesn't, but the amount of more dumb scenes makes it dumber
>>
>>69617699
He says posting a picture of a pointless fight scene with a blank slate nameless robot that served nothing to the plot of the movie. I know he's supposed to be scorponok, not that you would get that from the movie. First one is a piece of shit just like two through four, stop deluding yourself.
>>
>>69617556
Yes.
I accepted it was a toy ad long ago, most blockbusters are, TF moreso.
>>
>>69617699
they're all protoforms in 2 and 3 and drones in 4
>>
>>69617826
>Protoforms
They weren't "Babies".
>>
Why does he have a robo vagina on his face
>>
>>69617771
>pointless
He was sent to pick off the survivors of the attack on that airbase.
>First one is a piece of shit just like two through four, stop deluding yourself.
Nothing was said otherwise. Quit projecting.
>>
>>69616383
Not even the people making them care about the story. It's a series of excuses for cool shots.
>>
>>69617950
Decepticocks.
>>
>>69616193
This is a franchise that amazes me

It has successfully made the same movie 4 times, each getting worse and longer than the last with no sign or desire to improve, and still brings it in

Even the capeshit nerds who basically like movies that are the basic same thing crap on these, and yet it has no effect.
>>
>>69616193
It's a shame they are starting the whole ''cinematic universe'' thing now, when they have killed most of the well known decepticons.
I mean, they want to keep up with the franchise when we are already in Galvatron.
>>
>>69618003
Fast and Furious movies have at least 100 times more effort, care and substance put into them
>when the rock flexes so hard his cast shatters and he picks up a minigun
It embraces the cheese, TF still tries to market itself as a serious movie
>>
>>69618181
They are movies about cars that transform into robots and punch each other, plus the CGI is pretty good.
They are a fun watch just for the action.
>>
>>69618198
Hasbro are going multi franchise with their cinematic universe apparently.
So, who knows, maybe Cobra Commander.

Also, Unicron and his heralds.
>>
>>69618208
>Serious
You've never watched them.
>>
>>69618198
they can always just draw from non-G1 or non-western sources for tons of other characters. or just make up new ones
>>
>>69618388
They alreadt did with Lockdown.

Can't see anyone using "Deathsaurus" though.
>>
>>69618461
Was Lockdown completely OC?
>>
>>69618380
I've seen them all multiple times, they all have idiotic moments but still expect the audience to care about the robo-cgishitfest at the end
>>
>>69618478
No, he was from Transformers Animated, or "the one with the chins"
>>
>>69618524
>pulling such obscure characters
That desperate to not use Unicron?
>>
>>69618340
>Unicron
Seriously, why won't Bay use Unicron?
Or Trypticon and Metroplex?
>>
>>69618625
Who is the orsen Welles of our time that could voice unicorn?
>>
>>69618654
Because Hasbro wants a cinematic universe, and those are some gimmicks that they'll probably save for the future.
I hope at least the dinobots are back.
>>
>>69618625
>>69618654
Bay wanted to use Tidal wave as early as the second movie but it didn't work out, budget wise. Doing a city or planet former seems like it'd blow even more budget.

If we see Unicron we'll probably see him as a smaller than the moon sized satellite, and then a smaller, regular robot sized avatar form, instead of him actually transforming.
>>
>>69618659
Tom Hardy
>>
File: image.jpg (20 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20 KB, 480x360
>>69618659
Steven Seagal
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4E1NFckaDqU
>>
>>69618739
Maybe they'll pull some trick like Transformers Prime did for Unicron.
>>
>>69618739
if we see Unicron they'll probably go with the TF: Prime idea where Unicron is earth and he causes a bunch of natural disasters
>>
>>69618625
Obscure would be something like Vector Prime or Counterpunch.
>>69618739
Why have an Avatar when we could use Heralds? Like in Armada, Crossways was it?
>>69618816
>>69618833
I could see them doing that.
>>
>>69618816
That was interesting, but Unicron was very underused in the show.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0kGZOXLBmQ
>>
File: 1463007772094.png (414 KB, 800x720) Image search: [Google]
1463007772094.png
414 KB, 800x720
>tfw am a big fan of the surprisingly poignant stories of beast wars, the layered plot of Animated, and the childish innocent fun of G1
>tfw I now have to put up with "Transformers" as being the go-to phrase for utterly iredeemable bottom of the barrel, poorly made blockbuster trash

Anyone else know this feel?
>>
>>69618910
I'd rather that than have another Unicron Trilogy...
>>69618871
Sideways, my bad.
>>
>>69618871
counterpoint: Vector Prime was already in TF2 as one of the Seven Primes
>>
>>69618955
Kinda, but no.
Much as I love TF in almost all its iterations, I can't say it's not just a big toy ad too. Frankly, for all the shit Bay makes, Transformers Energon and Cybertron were worse.
>>
>>69619001
funny enough, Sideways showed up in RotF as that car that gets sliced in half in the opening scene in China. the Allspark Almanac implies that it was indeed the actual multiverse-hopping Sideways from Armada
>>
>>69619086
I don't recall them being named Anon.
>>69619123
No shit? Huh.
>>
>>69619096
Cybertron was good. got a little slow after starscream steals the omega lock but picked up again.

energon started off with great promise and then just kept tanking, however. the first ten episodes show what a great show it could have been though if they built off the foundation
>>
>>69619123
You just know that nobody working on the film knew or cared about that.

>>69619096
Eh, Unicron Trilogy was pretty bad, but there's something depressing when talking about "The Transformers Movie" and having to add "80's" onto the end to avoid that look of disappointment.
>>
>>69619162
Vector Prime "himself" confirmed it in the Ask Vector Prime series that Hasbro runs, saying hat he was "the handsome one"
>>
>>69618955
Kinda, but with different series

Armada was my go to series, and it was pretty damn good. Hell, I watched g1 many years later, and would honestly say armada was better, especially at the end.

On the other hand, I can't help but agree when people go to transformers as the go to bad movie that makes money

Granted it's basically the same thing as capeshit so it's a bit hypocritical sometimes. They both basically are based off things for kids, but at least for every bad capeshit, there are a few ones with effort
>>
>>69619220
>You just know that nobody working on the film knew or cared about that.

of course. the fun with TF though is the meta media that tries to salvage everything. it's why the IDW comics surrounding the TF movie series are more interesting than the movies themselves.
>>
>>69619256
it's funny how Armada has become the "acceptable" one to like in the Unicron Trilogy. i remember when it first came out and the fandom rabidly hated it. but i guess by this point enough kids who grew up with armada have gotten nostalgia for it while the rest of the fandom has come to accept that it was superior to Energon and had some interesting ideas
>>
>>69619187
I preferred Beast Machines to Cybertron
>>69619220
True I guess.... Ok, I know that feel.
>>69619241
I feel seriously silly now.
>>
>>69619277
Oh yes, I remember back before the 1st film came out, all that delicious meta media.

Can you believe I thought the Decepticons were going to have characters?
>>
>>69619309
The fandom hates everything new. I remember the stupid Trukk not Munky arguments during Beast Wars.
>>
>>69616193
I don't know why, but I want this franchise to keep getting worse in every way. As of the 4th movie they have steadily gotten longer. 4 was 2 hours and about 45 minutes. I want this next one to be like 2 55 or 3 hours and crammed with even more explosions and robot fights than the last. I just want to see how bloated it can get. I'm seeing this shit too when it comes out. I don't care how bad it is.
>>
>>69619372
Trukk not munky was before my time, but I find it hilarious now to imagine people complaining about getting Beast Wars.

Especially considering how beautifully it tied into G1 later.
>>
>>69619402
I want it to do worse financially so we get closer to the inevitable reboot. But that's impossible since those chinks will see anything with cars or explosions.
>>
>>69619425
A lot of the love for it was down to the fanservice, it's true. But "complaining" is putting it mildly. I was at a con and overhead a fan just screaming in rage about how Optimus was being raped.
>>
>>69616924
What a waste of TJ Miller
>>
>>69616924
>beaver
>>
>>69620111
she used to have a boner
>>
>>69616550
Except DCfags legitimately think BvS is a masterpiece
>>
>>69619220
>You just know that nobody working on the film knew or cared about that.

The way names work in these movies most of the time is that they get a concept name for most of development(jackhammer-bot, audi-Decepticon, etc.) and then Hasbro helps them come up with names that fit the character or Hasbro doesn't mind being used. The only exceptions to this are just the bigger characters(main villains, sometimes the main heroes). Of course even then you get changes; Sentinel Prime was developed as Alpha Trion.
>>
Michael Bay He-Man when?
>>
>>69620607
Michael Bay G.I Joe when?
>>
>>69620607
>>69621003
Armageddon 2 when?
>>
Will there be a scene to justify statutory rape? I think Bay went true kino with that scenes.
Thread replies: 146
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.