[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Now that this movie is exactly 2 years old, what are your thoughts
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: gg.jpg (259 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
gg.jpg
259 KB, 1920x1080
Now that this movie is exactly 2 years old, what are your thoughts on it?
>>
>>69613722
Put the damn title of it in it more than 11 minutes
>>
i didn't care about the human characters but i liked what they did with gojira himself.

a lot of people complain he wasn't in the movie enough, but it was just right. you can't spoil your audience too much or the fights will get boring.
>>
>>69613722
It was good

I'm hoping they can get a good director to replace Edwards, kaiju stuff is infinity I more interesting than capeshit
>>
One of the worst big budget movies ever made
>>
Same as it was after watching it in theaters. Watanabe had nothing to work with and was just there for the Japanese audience. You stop caring about the protagonist after Cranston and no Godzilla theme.
>>
Human characters were boring except Cranston, Godzilla himself was cool, would have preffered a few more scenes with him in it, and the abandoned city was also cool
My favorite parts of it were the mystery, thats always been my favorite part of monster movies, the mystery behind them, like when they're exploring the skeleton in the beginning, or Cranston being all into the mystery behind what happened, I want more of that stuff, I always like that more than the actual reveal
>>
Won't be watching the second one because based Gareth quit after Legenadry wanted to make a cinematic universe.
>>
Boring, no need to view it again, wasted potential.
>>
>>69613722
Good movie

Along with new planet of the apes, much better effects than most action/creature movies in Hollywood
>>
Kaiju cock tease.

Barely any Godzilla screen time, uninteresting bland protagonist, hugely misleading audience expectations by showing Bryon Cranston in the trailer.

I hope the new Japanese Godzilla film makes up for how disappointing this was.
>>
File: 1422634036822.jpg (60 KB, 550x366) Image search: [Google]
1422634036822.jpg
60 KB, 550x366
>>69613722
>Now that this movie is exactly 2 years old
>>
The first trailers were the best part.
>>
>>69613722

I liked it when it came out, and I still do. I'll always have a love for the rubber suits, but for me, this is the first time Godzilla has felt as big and heavy as he's supposed to.
>>
The first half was great until Aaron took over.

The market at the time was over saturated with Bryan Cranston and shit, but still, he was great in it. I do wish he was the main human character throughout, however, his arc was finished and they offed him which makes sense. But Aaron Taylor-Johnson and his character couldn't continue that momentum. He was completely bland and forgettable. I would've rather they just kept Bryan Cranston alive, or at least continued the human POV with something that wasn't shit.
>>
I liked it. That rainy Japanese quarantine zone scene was comfy as fuck. The bridge and airport scenes were cool too.
>>
>>69614732
>>69614858

I see we're still on the Cranston dick sucking parade. He was mediocre, just like he was in anything other than Breaking Bad.

Didn't care as much about the family stuff but I still enjoyed the movie as a whole. I wish the Muto's had a better design though. The halo jump scene was incredible though.
>>
>>69614858
This is probably why those ARG's for cloverfield are so interesting to me. The backstories and lores thay go behind the actual events in these movies can be so cool.
>>
>>69616759
>mediocre
Hal was the best part of macolm in the middle.
>>
>>69614421
godzilla has more screen time in this movie than in any other godzilla film. you are a whiny fag.
>>
>>69613722
That HALO jump was beautiful
>>
>>69616802
>godzilla has more screen time in this movie than in any other godzilla film.

That is a fucking lie.
>>
File: autism so you don't have to.png (205 KB, 1271x1060) Image search: [Google]
autism so you don't have to.png
205 KB, 1271x1060
>>69616802

>godzilla has more screen time in this movie than in any other godzilla film.

http://dszmigiel.kinja.com/60-years-of-the-godzilla-franchise-in-infographics-1689162413
>>
>>69613722
I have never felt more patriotic about a giant lizard in my entire life.
>>
>>69616802
This is a blatant lie and regardless of how much "screen time" he had he did fucking NOTHING in it. It was all cockteases and drawn out bullshit. Maybe 30 seconds of good footage.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.