[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does everyone have a problem with this scene? It's obvious
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 40
File: Khali fire.jpg-large.jpg (35 KB, 700x394) Image search: [Google]
Khali fire.jpg-large.jpg
35 KB, 700x394
Why does everyone have a problem with this scene? It's obvious all the Khal widows coated the floor with oil, which made the fire spread quickly. What's wrong with that?
When this is revealed in the next episode, would you be more okay with the scene?
>>
>>69611396

I figured it was just the one that helped her oil up the floors, not all of them. But really, was that an issue people had with the scene? Sounds nitpicky to me.
>>
>>69611396
In no particular order:

1) It's literally a direct retread of her major climax moment in season 1, but less compelling. It begs the question of why we even bothered to follow her for the last 5 seasons if it was all just going to lead right back around to the Dothraki bowing before her for being magic again. Why couldn't we have skipped right to this point of the Dothraki considering her supreme Khaleesi all the way back then? Just to wait for everyone else's plots back west to catch up? That's shitty writing, even if this ends up happening in the books it's still shitty writing and shows lack of foresight.

2) The khals' reactions when she knocks over the braziers is unintentionally hilarious, especially that one guy who delivers that cheesy scream right as the fire literally races at him and engulfs him at the end. It was yet ANOTHER cheesy, awkward le epic Dany moment robbed of its intended meaning by bad direction and editing.

3) Watching hordes of brown people bowing to Emilia Clarke lost its impact several seasons ago. Every time D&D/GRRM realize the Dany plot is running on fumes because Essos is boring as shit, they pull a "let's have everyone bow to Dany with swelling, moving music in the background" to compensate, and every time they do it it feels more like a crutch for actual development than it did the last time. You can only tread and retread the same ground so many times before it loses all impact.
>>
>>69611396
>fans of a show that has dragons, magic, and giants have difficulty with suspension of belief
>>
>>69611628
The dothraki told her to fuck off back then though, kiddo.
>>
>>69611628
This is honestly a very good summary of my own feelings on the subject. Thanks anon
>>
You can smell if a room is doused in flammable oil. Also the strongest and best of the dothraki turn to little bitches as soon as the fire starts.
>>
>>69611703
Oh goodie, it's that 1 fucking moron again

Let's just have pink fluffy unicorns riding rainbows into battle using teapots filled with marshmallows as WMDs

After all, it has dragons, magic and giants! so everything is fair game
>>
>>69611934
>all flammable liquids smell the same
k
>>
Because she's not actually supposed to be immune to fire
>>
>>69611975
>After all, it has dragons, magic and giants! so everything is fair game
Correct. You are finally learning.
>>
File: got s6.png (18 KB, 1217x238) Image search: [Google]
got s6.png
18 KB, 1217x238
I was wondering why episode 2 was much less awful than the other 3. It all makes sense now.
>>
>white bitch kills all your leaders in one fell swoop
>dothraki respect power, literally anyone could go up and whoop her ass
>dothraki have huge distrust of sorceresses yet are willing to worship and follow this bitch

DABID
>>
>>69612062
BAD PUSSY DABID
>>
>>69611990
All flammable liquids have a detectable odor. This is an accelerant the dothraki themselves use every day, I think theyd know if they stepped into a room that reeked of it.
>>
Did she ask her goons to spray kerosene all over the place hoping that the filthriders stink enough to not notice?
>>
How many Khal's does it take to break down a door?
>>
Because insecure greasy bed-wetting virgin autists will whine about literally anything when it comes to this show.

See >>69611628 >>69612062
>>
>>69612130
>This is an accelerant the dothraki themselves use every day

>my original statement was proven wrong so now I will make up lies.
>>
>>69611396
Because she entered Val Dothrak a slave, and gets out at the head of gorillian horsemen. Basically Narnia Tier.
>>
>>69611703
Suspending disbelief for fantasy elements isn't comparable to suspending disbelief for human emotions and reason.

Think about the Star Wars prequels. No one has any trouble believing that there are people who can manipulate the energy of the universe, all kinds of crazy aliens, space travel, robot armies, etc. But everyone (or at least most people) has/have problems rationalizing the constant barrage of illogical decisions and inconsistent characterization and terrible dialogue.
>>
>>69611826

You should go and cup each others balls while gazing lovingly into each other's eyes.
>>
>>69612227
Where would a stranger in a strange land get accelerants? Not from the next town over you fuckin retard.
>>
>>69612130
That's not going to matter. It's going to be a 1 sentence explanation that's meant to validate the whole thing. Like,

>See I told you you could trust me, thanks for helping by dousing them in oil.

And that will be that.
>>
>>69611703
>George specifically mentions the unburnt thing was a one time event
>"DABID! DABID LET'S JUST REPEAT S1 ENDING DABID!"

This was as bad as sneks taking over Forne. Except I had to sit and watch Clarke's smug grin for 2 minutes.
>>
>>69612264
>real people always make logical decisions when confronted by problems

Classic autism.
>>
I honestly think Dany could have been one of the most compelling elements of the show, and I even think Emilia Clarke is really captivating at times and could pull it off, but the way they actually execute everything is just cheesy as fuck.
>>
>>69611628
Autistic?

>It's literally a direct retread
Nope, that is not what those words mean in this situation .
>>
>>69612389
kindly highlight where he said logical.

Then kill yourself for making the same pathetic defence time and time again
>>
>>69612301
From one of the two merchant quarters in the dothraki town that were mentioned.

Try paying attention next time.
>>
>>69611628
You're not entirely wrong, but in spite of the issues with the scene

1) I like her tits

2) Hopefully this means her plotline is going to get interesting. She's had huge dragons forever now and done next to nothing with them. It's like a rusty chekov gun.
>>
>>69612269
What a wonderful idea, anon. Where can I meet you?
>>
>>69612443
>But everyone (or at least most people) has/have problems rationalizing the constant barrage of illogical decisions

Jesus Christ, you MRAs reply are stupid.
>>
>>69612210
"How dare they have their own opinin?!"
End your life
>>
>>69612447
Where would she get the money? Merchants are notoriously greedy in the universe.
>>
>>69612485
>Hopefully this means her plotline is going to get interesting
Don't count on it m8, she doesn't have a fleet and the slaver crisis isn't nearly over yet.
>>
>>69611396
>coated the floor with oil

Fire can spread extremely quickly through dust. Grain silos blow up all the time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEShlfxB1Ik
>>
>>69612130
there are plenty of accelerants with little to no odor, just because the only one you've been exposed to is gasoline doesn't mean they all smell that way
>>
I think the episode is supposed to show the difference between Dany and Tyrion.

Tyrion tries diplomacy, gives the Masters seven years to adjust, and gives them prostitutes to sweeten the deal.

Meanwhile Dany is like, "lol imma burn your shit and take your hordes"
>>
>>69612518

They don't have opinions (note spelling) they just whine about everything in an poor attempt to be edgy. I would imagine you're one of them too.
>>
>>69612527
Jorah and Dario stole some and the dish kaleen traded there pussies for the rest.
>>
do you think any of the actresses on got are ever told to lose weight? or are dabid trying to nab the fat feminist market?
>>
>>69612527
Probably sold the cocks of the 2 dead Dothraki to some cock merchant. I mean it seems to be a pretty good business.
>>
the point is that was lazy as fuck

"let's give daenerys yet ANOTHER army in a blink of an eye because fuck you"
>>
>>69612627
>>
>>69611396

I didn't have a problem cause of the neckbeardy reasons listed by /r9k/ here, but because it's an overdone plot point. This is what? The 5th time she has destroyed her oppressors with fire and everyone ends up bowing before her? Seriously pathetic and lazy writing my man.
>>
>>69612582
Simply not true. The nature of all combustible liquid is fume-based. The stronger the fume the more powerful the accelerant and that fucking place went up in a minute flat.
>>
>>69611628

My memory might be shitty but don't a lot of dothraki leave when khal drogo dies? so only a bunch of dothraki are left with her and see her rise from the flames?

If so this scene has more significance because this time she rekt the entire khalasar ruling system and rose from the flames in front of the entire village.

Either way you're a retard.
>>
This scene broke the show, it can't possibly go on now.
Let's do the Mass Effect thing: They'll have three new episodes with different outcomes for every major flavour. And alternative fan edits. One by Peter Jackson, cause he's so good at absurdly long fan fiction.
>>
>>69612554
That doesn't discount it being interesting, plus kingsmoot is next week, maybe we'll get the horn. Sucks that victarion in full plate won't be in it, but I'm still optimistic.
>>
>>69612692
>all fumes smell the same
>>
the second she steps out of le holy place of no weapons one dothraki can rip her head off and become the overlord are you kidding me

or just suffocate her since le no blood place
>>
>>69612692
Yes it is, not all substances with high volatility a low flash point have a strong odor.
>>
File: CLANG.jpg (67 KB, 1268x714) Image search: [Google]
CLANG.jpg
67 KB, 1268x714
Reminder, this is the same hall that lets you melt gold over a cookfire.

Clearly it is a magical place.
>>
I just thought the bitch majicked the fire on the bad men. Who cares.

Dragons and wizards and whatever
>>
File: HOUSE MAUTELL.jpg (80 KB, 329x352) Image search: [Google]
HOUSE MAUTELL.jpg
80 KB, 329x352
>>69611547
> Sounds nitpicky to me.
/got/ 2016 motto contender
>>
>>69611396
No problem with the scene here at all. Everyone should have known her end goal was to take over the entire Dothraki. She couldn't really do it with the dragons just yet because they are not fully mature, so she did it herself.

Yes, she's done this trick before. This is her trick so she is using it. One of the only characters playing to their strengths.

And the return of the tits, so win all over the place unless you are a fag.

>>69612130
Tarpitch and oil, then throw down a lair of hay on it. Everything is going to smell like horse shit anyways.

If they even needed to do that.
>>
TITS AND DRAGONS COCKSUCKERS
>>
>>69612803

And why would he do that?
>>
>>69612130
Danerys already commented that the women stank of shit, even the young one she went outside with said so too. It would have easily covered the smell of oil.
>>
>>69612722
>This scene broke the show, it can't possibly go on now.
Said some dramatic faggot every week of the show, ever.
>>
>>69612573
That's because flour is mostly carbon. Regular dust is not flammable.
>>
>>69612722
>This scene broke the show, it can't possibly go on now.

Wew. Just like Ramsey raping Sansa broke the show yet tumblr girls are still tuning in?
>>
>>69611396
the try-hards of /tv/ will never be happy with anything dany does because she doesnt have a penis

if it was viserys who did they exact same thing they would be fapping to it furiously
>>
>>69611396
BECAUSE SHE ALREADY DID THAT TRICK IN SEASON ONE AND IT WAS COOL THEN. BUT NOW THAT SHE DID IT AGAIN AND EVERY VIEWER KNOWS THAT SHE CAN DO THAT IT ISN'T AS COOL.
>>
>>69612923
aren't the dothraki all about power and the best one rules all?

you get a foreign witch that kill the best warriors on that place and people bow to that? everyone should jump her
>>
>>69612989
>if it was viserys

If it was Stannis, the whole board would be up in a frenzy right now
>>
>>69612713
>she rekt the entire khalasar ruling system
next step: getting rid of the Essos slave system.
>>
I figured it was just because the room with filled with hay & dust. You always hear about barns and granaries going up in a huge fireball just because some idiot lit a match inside.
>>
>Bloodriders all see their Khals burn to death in a shed
>Chunky walks out in slow motion like a shitty action flick
>Not one thinks to fucking kill her because of what she just did
>>
>>69613016
but the first time she was committing suicide and the outcome was completely unkown. she had no intention of living

this time she used it as a weapon to murder a bunch of people. its not even remotely the same
>>
>>69612989
THIS
trap Viserys>>><<Dany
>>
File: ScreenHunter_535 May. 15 00.13.jpg (11 KB, 228x309) Image search: [Google]
ScreenHunter_535 May. 15 00.13.jpg
11 KB, 228x309
>It's a brown people are bowing down to the blonde white girl episode

Every season this has to happen. Very subtle and subliminal message.
>>
>>69613101
>she had no intention of living

You're dumb my man. She's always known she can't get burnt by fire.
>>
File: 1368474526231.jpg (23 KB, 256x335) Image search: [Google]
1368474526231.jpg
23 KB, 256x335
>>69613077
brazziers oil can melt dothraki wood beams!
>>
It looks stupid. /thread
>>
>>69612666
why is her arm as fat as her head@!?
>>
>>69612443
you know you're being trolled, right?
>>
>>69613166
No one has a pic of the kahls on fire dying with the Brazzers logo yet? I am disappoint.
>>
>>69613077
If you noticed this was not a granary or a barn, there was no flour or hay on the floor. The floor was made of stone or dirt.
>>
File: dany-brazzers.jpg (168 KB, 1024x681) Image search: [Google]
dany-brazzers.jpg
168 KB, 1024x681
>>69613276
posted a couple hours ago but i got scolded for not spelling it BRAZZIERS

and rightfully so but here you go anyway
>>
>>69613305
noice
>>
File: images.jpg (5 KB, 201x251) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
5 KB, 201x251
>>69613203
She's a big girl.
>>
>>69613203
So did they film the nude scene first and then she put on weight, or last and she lost the weight leading up to it?
>>
File: absolutely_haram.jpg (143 KB, 962x641) Image search: [Google]
absolutely_haram.jpg
143 KB, 962x641
>>69613394
She's already confirmed that it was part CGI/part nude body double
>>
File: 5ad14ef425.jpg (70 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
5ad14ef425.jpg
70 KB, 1024x576
>>69613359
i require an explanation for the arms. is it muscle? fat? a pouch in which to carry her young?
>>
What's she gonna do with her new Dothraki army now? Will we get yet another pointless sideplot of Dany defeating the slavers yet again?
>>
>>69613305
>not spelling it BRAZZIERS
baka
>>
>>69611628
GRRM wrote Dany into a terrible hole and now D&D need to break her out.

You are absolutely right that after her dragons were born in the fire we should be at the point we are at now. Blame GRRM for being a terrible writer with no understanding of pace.
>>
>>69613394
i assume they made her slim with the magic of compoopers
>>
>>69613480
It's muscle which has become fat.
>>
>>69613203

yeah she's so fat bro xD Damn man the harpoons!
>>
File: ecbd.png (94 KB, 718x1455) Image search: [Google]
ecbd.png
94 KB, 718x1455
>>
>>69613470
Why do you lie? The only thing cgi was that she stood in front of a green screen.
>>69613526
>>
>>69613558
"she absolutely crushed it"

no kidding.
>>
File: assbergers.jpg (403 KB, 792x612) Image search: [Google]
assbergers.jpg
403 KB, 792x612
>>69613502
>>
>>69613502
> right that after her dragons were born in the fire we should be at the point we are at now.

How? The only dothraki who saw her come out of the fire back then were her bloodriders and the elderly and women who were left behind. All of Drogo's main army already left at that point. It's not like other Khals would fall in line and join her after hearing stories about some bitch who survived a fire, but this time thousands of them saw it with their own eyes.
>>
File: brra2.jpg (168 KB, 1024x681) Image search: [Google]
brra2.jpg
168 KB, 1024x681
>>69613305
fixed
>>
>>69613669
nice work, son
>>
>>69613101
That's why it was cool. Audience though she was gonna burn to death, but when she didn't it was marvelous. Not to mention she shat out three dragons along the way.

This time there was no suspense; the audience knew she wouldn't burn to death so it's just like "ok whatever we know she won't burn who cares"
>>
File: Maxifant_Minifant.jpg (23 KB, 150x182) Image search: [Google]
Maxifant_Minifant.jpg
23 KB, 150x182
>>69612937
>>69612976
You guys are remarkably bright.
>>
File: whale.jpg (96 KB, 720x796) Image search: [Google]
whale.jpg
96 KB, 720x796
>>69613480
>>
File: brazziers.jpg (423 KB, 1024x681) Image search: [Google]
brazziers.jpg
423 KB, 1024x681
>>69613305
>>
>>69613727
First time she literally said to Jorah (and indirectly to the audience) he doesn't need to worry and she knows the fire won't hurt her.
>>
>>69613727
the mad king, her father use to love burning people. he wanted to burn down all of kings landing. this represented her becoming like her father, she is now the mad queen and will become the villain

i guess you were just too caught up in the imagery to see the implications
>>
heehehehehehehehe mmmm yezzzzzzzz smoked em didnt i? heh heehhhhhhhhhhhhhh
>>
She isn't even fat.
>>
>>69613025
a highly superstitious people cowed into submission with a mysterious show of force? unthinkable!
>>
>>69613495
Think of the most uninspired and stupid way the story can unfold and it happens.
>>
>>69611396
>Why is the floor covered entirely in oil?
>Just turn your brain off so we can start the meeting, Khal
>>
File: 1457664735562.jpg (23 KB, 430x304) Image search: [Google]
1457664735562.jpg
23 KB, 430x304
>>69613853
>>69613896
Remember when they hated all forms of magic...
>>
>>69613853
It would have helped to bring that point across if they didn't make the Khal's cartoonishly evil and talk about how they're gonna let their horses rape her dead body in the last minute before she burnt them to death.
>>
>>69613727
eh if you thought she was gonna die then you're as dumb as the people who thought jon was gonna die. not even sophie turner thought she was gonna die.
>>
Dothraki, are always shown to be a proud and ultra violent people. That crowd would've ripped her apart with their bare hands for killing their khals.
>>
>>69613951
theres nothing cartoonishly evil about that, they are fucking dotnraki, that is what they do, rape, pillage and kill

you will get what you are asking for when she goes to back to meereen where a peace deal has been brokered and she says FUCK THIS and just starts killing everyone and you still wont be happy
>>
>>69613572
It looked super fake. They greenscreened her, then they altered her lighting to make it look real, then they took off about 20 pounds.
>>
>>69614011
watch the first season, bandwagon jumper
>>
How the building caught fire doesn't matter at all. It could have cut away from her smug face to the ending scene and it would have been the same. It could have been handwaved that the 2 guys threw a torch on the roof. It doesn't matter.

>getting hung up on poorly executed details like this
>>
>>69614011
I wished instead of a remake of the season 1 ending we had seen her dragons help her out and burn that shit down. I guess they're too afraid to go too high fantasy or something, so they never use the dragons for anything cool.
>>
>>69614089
>They greenscreened her, then they altered her lighting to make it look real
do you think this is a valid criticism for a scene where a character stands in a burning building?
>>
>>69614011
Actually, reading what you wrote, I wonder why they didn't applaud cheerfully.
>>
>>69614091
Not that anon, but they've made a big deal about bloodriders and their undying vows, including killing the person responsible for killing their khal.

Dany just got (at a conservative estimate) a couple dozen of the best Dothraki fighters angry at her and eager for her blood. Not to mention everyone else when they notice the bodies of the guys who had been stabbed to death on the steps, and were in clear view the whole time.
>>
>>69614061
I'm just saying, if they wanted to show her descend to becoming the mad queen, they shouldn't have made that one Khal go on a tantrum about all the different ways they're gonna rape her. It would have been a much more powerful scene if they had shown her mercy and decided she can live as one of the widows and THEN she starts burning the place down.
>>
File: 368375.jpg (172 KB, 864x540) Image search: [Google]
368375.jpg
172 KB, 864x540
>>69613880
>>
File: duneeres.png (506 KB, 662x619) Image search: [Google]
duneeres.png
506 KB, 662x619
>>69611396
what is this expression trying to convey

also why did all the dothraki suddenly decide to bow down to her when it's established they kind of hate magic and all that
>>
>>69613934
who's to say that she wasn't protected by the great stallion in the sky? who can tell the difference between magic and miracle?

regardless, dothraki respect the strong, and she just killed their strongest, making her the strongestest. plus, who wants to be the first person to raise their hands against a magical fireproof witch? everyone there is thinking "i hope she doesn't breathe fire on me" or "oh shit she's immortal"
>>
>>69614329
pride? smug self-assurance? she tootled? idk.
>>
>>69611396
> obvious
> bvs levels of exposition
>>
File: Bale, You Madman.jpg (63 KB, 605x515) Image search: [Google]
Bale, You Madman.jpg
63 KB, 605x515
>>69614159
My criticism is that it looked damn awful. There are better ways of filming it then having her strip down in Ireland, filming the actual scene in Spain, then pouring computer all over it.
>>
>>69613558
Oh yeah it was
>her performance
not her
>tits
>>
>>69614329
They hate conjurers of weak tricks and sorcery. Someone standing in flames without getting burnt is not a magic trick they've ever seen before and looks more like she's some kind of half-god or immortal, not a witch.
>>
>>69614352
Considering the absolute hatred they have for witches, and the disdain they have for anyone who doesn't met their virtues of manliness -rides a horse, kills people at the drop of a hat, drinks large amounts but can still get it up to rape- everything we've heard about the Dothraki say they'd want her dead.

Plus, burning people with magic doesn't make you strong, any more than they thought that witch was strong for poisoning Drogo. Magic is the opposite of strength, a tricksy tool used by weaklings.
>>
>>69614397
>then pouring computer all over it.
Im not the biggest fan of cgi either, but this was completely appropriate usage.
She emerged out of a burning building. naked.
>>
>>69612191
underrated
>>
>>69614510
but she pretty much proved, that she is the mother of dragons
>>
>>69614572
No. She proved she's a witch, a witch who just committed murder via magic in their holy city.

No dragons in that episode, nigger.
>>
>>69614496
sounds like a copout to me desu

she didn't even have a bunch of dragons flying around and a comet over her this time
>>
>>69611826
>>69612269
>>69612487
lol xD
>>
>>69611396
why is her face so heavily cgi'd here
>>
>>69612191
>You are in the wooden temple of the Khal's
>The place is on fire
>Exits: None

You just dig right into the ground and cover yourself with dirt.
>>
File: 139-7.jpg (172 KB, 853x857) Image search: [Google]
139-7.jpg
172 KB, 853x857
she seriously could not have worse fat placement, it went pretty much all to her arms and double chin, but here legs are probably covered in cellulite too

absolute shame, she was pretty in the earlier seasons but now she's a disgusting cow with donut curl arms
>>
>>69614510
She didn't kill them using magic, she killed them using fire. What they see isn't someone who uses magic, but someone who is seemingly immortal, or at the very least immune to fire. Which is not a human trait and they've never seen nor heard of witches who could do that either.
>>
>>69611396
Its is a cool scene yes, and that is why so many feel compelled to defend it. But personally it felt cheesy and silly and not very creative. You can argue about the details all day, but it will always be a scene that comes across personally as unoriginal and excessive which means it is a scene that simply did not work for me.
>inb4 some autist tells me why I have to like what they like
>>
>>69614634
Or she proved, that she really was the unburnt, the legendary mother of dragons, who was strong enough to take out those Khals. watch season 1 again.
>>
>>69611396
the worst thing is this part was supposed to be 'epic'

it was so fucking lame

i remember the part in that one season where khaleesi burns all the people with her dragons and gets the cuck army

that was legit awesome

this turd of a scene was terrible
>>
>>69614634
Well, then burning the witch would be...
Oh.
>>
>>69614716
>they've never seen nor heard of witches who could do that either

how do you know that

stop making baseless assumptions
>>
>>69614661
Yeah, having Drogon in that scene would have been way more powerful. I guess D&D want to keep the dragons as uncontrollable beasts and don't want to establish that Dany can control them to some extent, which is kind of a shame.
>>
armfat of dragons
>>
>>69614634
>She proved she's a witch
how is she a witch you doublenigger?
>>
>>69614800
she walked unscathed out of a fire that burned down a holy temple filled with important people

you'd think they'd assume her intentions were less than good instead of just bowing down to her 2bh
>>
>>69614765
where did they seen or heard of that then? the show established that she is pretty unique
>>
>>69614765
Because magic only started to come back to the world after the events in season 1 happened. Before that, the red priests, the necromancers, the pyromancers etc all had no power and resorted to magic tricks. The only witches the dothraki know are basically women who know how to poison people. They have probably raised thousands of villages and saw their witches be burned to death and not a single one of them didn't burn.
>>
>>69614716
>they've never seen nor heard of witches who could do that either.

Nice headcanon. And you're drawing arbitrary distinctions- they know that their Khals went into a meeting, then the building catches fire, the khals are screaming and burning, and a pair of tits walks out the front door. The options are
>your headcanon about some immortal being who is immune to fire that they ought to worship
>witches, which they know exist, to which they ascribe a variety of powers, and which they hate

You're just declaring, "Well, what's happening isn't magic, it's just something totally inhuman. But it's definitely cool by them."

>>69614738
Those are literally all titles she made up for herself. The only thing she had going for her was, "mother of the Stallion Who Mounts The World," which the Dosh Kaleen confirms is a prophecy made about as often as the Iron Throne changes hands, and which she fucked up by, oh yeah, hiring a witch who killed her husband. You're the one who needs to watch 1 and 2 again.
>>
>>69614841
it doesnt really matter what they think her intentions were, since they value power over pretty much anything
>>
File: 1427870288162.jpg (21 KB, 178x267) Image search: [Google]
1427870288162.jpg
21 KB, 178x267
>>69614861
why do you assume just because they haven't seen someone survive fire before means they would automatically assume that a sorcerer couldn't do something like that

death by fire isn't exactly fucking unheard of, and i'd think someone by now would have come up with a few crazy stories about people not getting burned up even if they're completely false

if we're making baseless assumptions i'd say it's a lot more likely they have heard of someone surviving fire through magic than never hearing about that ever
>>
>>69614932
and what power does dany actually have?
>>
>>69614700

Dirt is flammable, don't you know that?
>>
>>69614861
I agree, making her look like a hobbyist albina is kind of a clue.
>>
>>69614923
see >>69614907

Witches to dothraki are women who know some "spells" to make you sick and poison you. Not people who can walk through fire unharmed.
>>
>>69614510
way to just keep repeating yourself and not actually read the post you're replying to. we get it, magic is bad.

they're afraid. they don't know the extent of her powers. they might take divine meaning from it. no one is just gonna run up and try to strangle a girl who just effortlessly killed all their greatest warrior kings.

im not denying that many may want her dead, and such a plot may follow in episodes to come, but clearly your average horsefucker is gonna be scared shitless, and thus submit.
>>
>>69614932

It's established that they don't like magic. Killing someone with magic isn't power, it's being a faggot.
>>
>>69614932
As has been pointed out repeatedly, Dothraki power is the ability to ride a horse and stab someone. They didn't bow down to the witch who killed Drogo because, "Oh, he's dead, that means his killer is the best!" They killed the bitch because witches are evil beings that get killed.

They have no respect for magic, the closest they got was the prophecy of the Dosh Kaleen.
>>
>>69614923
yeah, all titles are made up somehow. The point was, that she is something unique. Your ordinary witch burns in fire, doesnt have dragons or some fancy prophecy
>>
>>69615009
She didn't kill them with magic. Are you dense or something?
>>
>>69615009
fire is not magic
>>
>>69615009
Sure, if some all-powerful fucking wizard would appear before them and start throwing fireballs around until all their leaders were dead, how many of these primitive savages do you think would step forward and call him a faggot? For all they know, Daenerys did just that and burnt down an entire temple made of stone.
>>
>>69615010
but she didnt poison them or something. what she did made her look like she was invincible to the naive dothraki mind
>>
File: 1453598704246.jpg (9 KB, 113x113) Image search: [Google]
1453598704246.jpg
9 KB, 113x113
>>69611628
This. The only good Dany moment was the kill all the masters moment. Every other scene with here is awful, I'd rather watch Tyrion get fucked by Varys.
>>
>>69615010
And as has been pointed out repeatedly, Daenerys is showing some sort of supernatural ability they have never seen before. They know witches use poison and poison is for cowards. They burn withces and they die.
>>
>>69615010
>They didn't bow down to the witch who killed Drogo
of course not. because of the way she did it. a toddler could have killed him that way
>>
>>69614971
Bullshit. Go listen again to the handmaidens. 'It Is Known' that witches do some evil magic shit, including sleeping with demons and sucking the life from people, and it's retarded to say that these people would see something as obviously magical as 'murder by fire where the murderer is unburnt' and say that this is not a witch. Especially as they know that she consorted with witches in the past.

>>69615047
>Your ordinary witch burns in fire, doesnt have dragons or some fancy prophecy

There's nothing said about whether witches do or do not burn, Dany has no dragons, and the prophecy is explicitly about as valuable as a fortune cookie strip saying that you'll be rich in the future.

>>69615081
>>69615120
They don't know if she started it with magic, but there damn well is magic keeping her alive. That's good enough, they don't have Dothraki CSI searching for accelerants before the witch trial.

>>69615185
>muh retarded brown people
How invincible could she be if a bunch of guys kidnapped her while she was wandering the steppes, shitting herself? She's no more invincible than any other witch, with the added level that she just committed the ultimate blasphemy.
>>
>>69615300
Additional note- The Maegi are known to be able to stop death, that's the whole leverage Mirri Maz Duur has when she says she can save Drogo- the Dothraki just say that a life saved that way is tainted. Nothing saying that they also couldn't stop burning to death.
>>
>>69615300
>They don't know if she started it with magic,

Exactly. For all they know, she could incinerate all of them in the blink of an eye. do you honestly think these Dothraki are superstitious, they aren't fucking inquisitors willing to die for their belief that magic is for faggots.
>>
>>69615300
>There's nothing said about whether witches do or do not burn
If every witch you burn, burns to death, there seems to be a direct relation

>and the prophecy is explicitly about as valuable as a fortune cookie strip
yeah, as long as she proves to have extraordinary skills in front of your eyes. then you might start to think: "hey! maybe its really that dragon bitch"
>>
>>69615386
>Nothing saying that they also couldn't stop burning to death.

Except, you know, the fact that Dany burnt the maegi to death afterwards and all the Dothraki watched and not a single one was surprised that she actually did burn to death like any other human being would.
>>
File: ec.jpg (46 KB, 500x739) Image search: [Google]
ec.jpg
46 KB, 500x739
>>69611396
>Why does everyone have a problem with this scene?
Because it's CGI.
>>
>>69611934
She didn't use oil, she used her arm fat
>>
>>69615510
stop posting that pic. eugh
>>
>>69615451
And if the next episode starts with someone coming up behind her and cutting her witchy throat, I'll retract my statement.

>>69615474
You just invented the 'all witches burn to death' thing, btw. We see one witch burn, on a funeral pyre for another man. And the prophecy is not about her, and never was about her. She is not the Stallion Who Mounts The World, she's just another khal's whore who failed to birth the Stallion.

>>69615501
True, but there's nothing saying that all maegi operate exactly the same. They didn't know what was going to happen to Drogo, only that if magic is involved it would be bad.
>>
>>69611628
but this is the first time she hasn't had her dragons to intimidate them, and it's basically showing that she's capable of killing with her own hands, as well as foreshadowing the fact that she will end up just like her father, the Mad King. people already view her as crazy, and most of the people she's taking over view her as an usurper

>>69612713
this, nobody saw her except a few, so it's not 'retrending'
>>
>>69611628
>Why couldn't we have skipped right to this point of the Dothraki considering her supreme Khaleesi all the way back then?
Obviously because she couldn't have been the woman she is now overnight. People would've whine about "le mary sue". She's basically doing what she did before, but better, possibly stronger, and having learned from her mistakes. IMO that's not shitty writing at all, on the contrary.

I agree with the rest of your post however.
>>
>>69612392
I really liked first few seasons dany, but yeah I agree with you, it's getting really bad
>>
>>69615626
>You just invented the 'all witches burn to death' thing
what the fuck? no. thats just logic. all people burn to death. nobody ever doubts that someone wouldnt burn. dany is the only exception. thats the point. thats why people are so amazed
>>
>>69615626
>True, but there's nothing saying that all maegi operate exactly the same. They didn't know what was going to happen to Drogo, only that if magic is involved it would be bad.

We know for a fact that real magic only started to return after the events of season 1, with the return of the dragons and the comet. We can be certain that every single witch any Dothraki has ever burnt to death did in fact burn to death. These maegi the Dotrhaki hate so much have no real magical power, they know how to use medicine, drugs and poison and can create some smoke from a cauldron and that's about it.
>>
why did she bother giving that long ass speech if she was just gonna kill them?
>>
>>69612339
>George specifically mentions the unburnt thing was a one time event
Link? I'm curious.
>>
>>69614271
but the dothraki are also a highly superstitious bunch of people, and many of them were former slaves that have been added through out. many of the dosh khaleen were raped and beat by their khals, I'm sure not all will be mad about their deaths. I'm also sure she probably came off as a God stepping out from the flames, and usually their respect goes to the most powerful; when a Khal is defeated, the person who wins in a fight becomes the next Khal. Dany just killed all of them, so now she is what would be considered the most powerful in their eyes, I'm guessing.
>>
>>69615626
>She is not the Stallion Who Mounts The World
wrong prophecy
She is pretty obviously the mother of dragons
>>
>>69615891
Because that's what people do in movies. I can't honestly believe this is the first time you see that kinda shit.
>>
>>69611628
Your points are on point other than "hordes of brown people bowing to her lost its impact several seasons ago"

I don't know where everybody is getting this from. It seems like everybody either forgot what actually happened, or read a season one summary and started on season 2.

Majority of the dothraki with drogo and dany left when drogo died, before she burned him on the pyre as well as the witch. Another large chunk of them left during the night, so never even saw the smoke clear and her stand up with the three dragons unscathed.

So she was only left with a very small "following" of the dothraki people after the first event. While I'll admit the scene at the end of s6e4 was pretty fucking cheesy, it makes sense that she now has "hordes of brown people" bowing to her, because none of them had actually seen it before. All of the sand niggers that actually saw her emerge from the ashes in season one are not present at the current situation, and none of the current ones were present for season one.

She killed all of their leaders, yes, but their leaders did nothing but abuse and rape them, then some crazy white bitch comes in, burns them all to the ground, and walks out of a burning hut without a scratch or burn or anything on her.

For a group of super religious/superstitious people, that likely means something to them.

Was it realistic? No.
Does it make sense for the sake of the story? Pretty much just as much as anything else does. Jon snow was resurrected through pube burning, what's so far-fetched about dothraki bowing to dany?
>>
>>69611396
PEOPLE ARE DEFENDING THIS SHIT? HOLY FUCK!
>>
>>69615891
by distracting them with the speech, she could slowly meander her way up to the middle to push down the flames, where there was no oil coating the ground around her.
>>
File: Drink Up.png (125 KB, 400x700) Image search: [Google]
Drink Up.png
125 KB, 400x700
>>69615790
I meant the 'all witches burn, so if you don't burn you obviously must not be a witch but be someone in possession of some other kind of magical power which is definitely not witchcraft and not simply a witchcraft I haven't personally seen before but which is attested to in one of the many folk tales about witches my highly superstitious people possess.'

>>69615840
And they can also tell the future from a drop of blood, and stop someone from dying, and sleep with demons. Witches have a hell of a lot of power, according to the Dothraki. They may not have used magic in living memory, but they also have a lot of stories about magic that survived from the last time magic was abundant.

>>69615926
There is no 'Mother of Dragons' prophecy. It's a title she made up for herself after she claimed the dragons.
>>
File: not this faggot.jpg (159 KB, 267x508) Image search: [Google]
not this faggot.jpg
159 KB, 267x508
Maybe they just had really strong booze
>>
>>69615957
They're talking about how every season involves at least one scene of brown people bowing to her, either Dothraki or one of the many cities she has been to on her walkabout.

She keeps getting introduced to crowds we don't care about so they can acknowledge her and we get the illusion of plot.
>>
File: ∞.jpg (37 KB, 429x234) Image search: [Google]
∞.jpg
37 KB, 429x234
>>
>>69611628
Spot on good sir or mam
>>
>>69615967
I'm always amused by people like you. As if you expected someone to reply with I KNOW RIGHT M8 HOLY SHIT NIGGA.
>>
Did Cersei use body double for the walk of shame episode?
If not, she's damn fine.
>>
>>69616091
Why do you keep pointing out that it's brown people that bow to her? Does the color of their skin have any significance to your argument?
>>
>>69611628
>1
If we skipped all the slaver's bay stuff then we wouldn't see here develop into a strong independent woman who is making her way in a male dominated world with the handicap of being a woman with 3 dragons who is the daughter of a former king who had many loyal subjects.

>2
you try to keep your cool when a fucking inferno gulf you

>3
tits
>>
i wonder if drogo was in that scene would he have just stood there screaming like a girl?
>>
>>69616176
Yes she did, and it's a shame because it undercut the whole 'without her finery she's just a woman past her prime' vibe.

>>69616194
A) I don't 'keep pointing it out' first post about that.

B) it does matter, because they're all faceless hordes that we know are inevitably going to be shuffled off when we get to the actual important part of the story, Westeros. All the main characters are white- Dany has some brown backup dancers, but even they are getting shuffled to the back for their c-plot romance now the Viserys and Tyrion are there to take charge, while her two white swains do the heroics of rescuing her.
>>
>>69616176
she did
>>
>>69614149
They can't afford it. They can only afford 2 or 3 episodes with big CGI budget per season, and they usually save it for episodes 8-9-10.
>>
>>69616303
>All the main characters are white
because westeros is pretty much medieval europe. do you want more diversity?
>>
>>69616303
>Daario
>White
>>
>>69616091
Well I haven't read much into this thread, but every thread since the end of the episode last night a bunch of people were complaining that all of the dothraki wouldn't bow to her because of the fact that she just killed their leaders, so I brought that up.

I think the point of bringing up every time she gets a new following is important though. She's trying to forge an army, which is building up her actual plot. Just like most of the other main characters, while some are typically more exciting than others, they all have their high and low scenes.

While she's far from my favorite character, I highly doubt that all this bowing brown people shit is just filler content and it will be extremely relevant in the near future.

I have a feeling that majority of the people nitpicking and complaining that everything is escaping from the plot are the people who have read the books and now have very little base left to really know what's going on, where before they had a good idea of what could/should be coming next. Five seasons of knowing what is going to happen, to a sixth of being completely clueless is just making them angry and confused.
>>
>>69613823
Underrated post.
>>
>>69616303
So would you prefer it if the Dothraki and citizens of the free cities and Mereen were white?
>>
>>69616033
>There is no 'Mother of Dragons' prophecy
really not? not even within the targaryen family?
>>
File: Daario.jpg (22 KB, 270x418) Image search: [Google]
Daario.jpg
22 KB, 270x418
>>69616401
It would be nice, but the 'brown people' modifier is important because it signals that this is another group of people who in the end won't matter. None of them will get the throne, and from the way the story is written so far none of them will help anyone else get there as anything more than tertiary support. It's all just background for Dany's character arc, which will climax with her leaving them (at least the vast majority) and heading west.

>>69616450
>Michael Huisman
>Dutch, and sure as hell looks it
>not the blue-bearded, hook-nosed, swarthy captain of the books

Yeah bro, he's white.
>>
>>69613669
>>69613823
>>
>>69611396
>nobody notices the floors are drenched with oil
>nobody notices the walls covered in oil
>nobody notices oil dripping from the ceilings
>nobody notices they're sitting in a huge greasy oil puddle
>>
>>69616564
Actually I'd prefer if Meereen was full of all different races because it's literally a slave trading hub and for some reason only black and brown people are slaves. Where are all the slaves from Yi Ti and Asshai and Ib and the dozens of other places?
>>
>>69611396
Why would women sell out their own tribe for some fat white bitch
>>
>>69612554
I think now that she has the Dothraki Horde she'll kill the masters throughout Slaver's Bay, and take the Yunkai's fleet.
>>
>>69611628
Feminist power fantasy the show.

Every episode we will remind you how evil men are.
>The khals wanting to rape a strong powerful women(Kelly C).
Every episode this season we will remind you white men have small cocks or none.
>Varys has no cock joke every episode this season.
>Jon snows small pecker joke last episode.
Every episode we will remind you how evil white men are.
>Ramsay being evil, killing white women and sending evil rape letter.
>The WHITE masters owning BLACK slaves.
Every episode we will remind you how weak white men are.
>Jaime,Jon,Kevan,Loras,Theon and Tommen all being weak little bitches until a strong powerfull woman tell them otherwise.
Every episode we will remind you that men are nothing but BETA whiteknights.
>GreyWorm, Jaime, Jorah and Sam.
Every episode we will remind you how powerful woman are.
>Brienee talking shit about executing evil white man Stannis.
>Kelly C killing evil men, being portrayed as a goddess while being The smuggest of cunts.
>Sansa demanding Jon to take back WinterFell or she will take back WinterFell by herself, while Jon was being a little bitch.
>Yara going to rule the Iron Islands while saying how worthless white men are.
>>
>>69616576
Not even then, as far as is mentioned. It's a made up title based on the fact that she managed to hatch and adopt those dragons, with no basis in myth or prophecy as far as has been said in books or the show.

Even the 'Unburnt' part is her own self-appointed title, based on her brother's boasting that their family doesn't burn. Basically the only titles she has that other people would recognize are her claim to the Iron Throne, and her rule of various cities in Slaver's Bay, and those are tenuous at best. The rest is fluff to make her sound better.
>>
>>69616582
>It's all just background for Dany's character arc
of course only the people in the place where "brown people" live get to meet "brown people". what a weird obsession with skin color. It's not that they are not white, it's that they are random people from a different continent when it comes to the iron throne
>>
>>69616709
But Brienne will get the BWC from Tormund
>>
File: 1334383839232.jpg (30 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1334383839232.jpg
30 KB, 400x300
>>69616670

>Dany doesn't need oxygen
>The smoke doesn't kill her
>None of the collapsing beams kill her
>>
>>69612210
>excellent in-depth criticism
>"lmao ur just virgin neckbeards xdd !!!!11"

I sincerely hope you get hit by a car
>>
>>69616303
>it's a shame because it undercut the whole 'without her finery she's just a woman past her prime' vibe

Indulging fat single women's delusions is the sole guiding principle of late-game GoT
>>
>>69616680
> Where are all the slaves from Yi Ti and Asshai and Ib and the dozens of other places?

Probably in the brothels, as they would be more exotic and expensive than the generic brown slaves.

>for some reason only black and brown people are slaves

We only know of Westeros with a caucasian population and the masters sure as hell haven't been raiding Westeros for slaves any time recently, so where would a massive number of white slaves come from?
>>
>>69612210
>Because insecure greasy bed-wetting virgin autists will white knight literally anything when it comes to this show.
>>
>>69616794
I think you're missing my point. There are, what, two brown people in the show whose names people can remember? You've got Missandrei and Grey Worm, and the rest are a blur of slaves, slavers, and other schmucks. They've got no personality, they're cutouts for Dany to act around until she gets her shit together for the real showdown in Westeros.

I'm not frothing at the mouth angry about it, I'm happy that my people are on tv without turbans or IT jobs, but they could be replaced by anyone. If they were white it wouldn't change the general uselessness of them as a whole, but because they're brown 'brown people' is a handy signifier.
>>
>>69616722
ah ok.
But there clearly seems to be a link between dragons and targaryens? Her ancestors had dragons too. Is there no magic involved? and then there was that comet...
>>
>>69616709
>Yara going to rule the Iron Islands while saying how worthless white men are.

They wouldn't have introduced Euron if that was what they were going for.
>>
>>69616867
He said Yi Ti and Asshai. We have seen a priestess from the former and they look Asian. I just assumed they were all Brown because they liked to raid the Summer Isles and Sothoryos
>>
>>69611628
>That's shitty writing, even if this ends up happening in the books

>implying Gurm isn't a hack
>>
>>69616926
Supposedly the Targaryens had magic in them, at least at one point (her father was seized with the delusion that he was fireproof too), and the dragons came from a magical land and could only be controlled by the Targaryens.

There's definitely magic in there, and Dany has some magic power (to avoid burning to death) but 'Mother of Dragons' is something she pulled out of her ass.
>>
>>69616111
Underrated post
>>
>>69611628
>It was yet ANOTHER cheesy, awkward le epic Dany moment robbed of its intended meaning by bad direction and editing.

It was an inherently stupid, impossible scene. The director and editor did a fairly decent job covering for how idiotic it was, as demonstrated by the willingness of some people itt to pretend that it was plausible
>>
>>69611628
Pasta saved.
>>
>>69616709
>Sansa demanding Jon to take back WinterFell or she will take back WinterFell by herself

I want him to be like "fuck it here's longclaw, go ahead"
>>
File: CD8DO6fUsAEaKbx.png (353 KB, 600x568) Image search: [Google]
CD8DO6fUsAEaKbx.png
353 KB, 600x568
>>69616709
Preach to the masses about the truth.
>>
>>69611628
DANYFAGS BTFO
>>
>>69614329
That she is Ramsay tier edgelord who instead of feeding people to dogs likes to burn them alive, a mad queen.
>>
WILL EVERYONE PLEASE GET OUT OF THIS TROLL THREAD, WE KNOW THIS EPISODE WAS SHIT AND THE SHOWS FALLING OFF A CLIFF IN TERMS OF QUALITY STOP FALLING FOR THE WEAKEST POSSIBLE B8.
>>
>>69615967
I KNOW RIGHT M8 HOLY SHIT NIGGA
>>
>>69616709
Insecure white men: the post
>>
>>69616840

She proved she doesn't need to breathe in season one.

She sat in a 2500 degree funeral pyre, breathing nothing but flames and smoke into her lungs. She sat in their overnight. She literally sat in flames burning embers and red hot coals for eight hours.

She doesn't need oxygen.
She doesn't need to breathe.
She's completely immune to fire.
Shes completely immune to damage from any heat.
She can't be reasoned with. She doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And she absolutely will not stop until you are dead.
>>
File: Terminator Thumbs Up.gif (1 MB, 227x136) Image search: [Google]
Terminator Thumbs Up.gif
1 MB, 227x136
>>69618479
>>
It's mostly because none of they Autists have seen a Oil Fire...

The Braziers were filled with oil.. Go back and watch sperglords..
>>
>>69612607
>someone literally asks people why they don't like the scene
>complain when the people who didn't like the scene arrive to give reasons why
you seem like the edgy one here m8
>>
File: 1441091744910.jpg (31 KB, 480x258) Image search: [Google]
1441091744910.jpg
31 KB, 480x258
>>69618549
>>69618479
>>
>>69611628
yassss slayyy queen
>>
>so we go some complaints about Cercis CGI head
>should we change anything when we do it again with Danny?

>no don't do anything different
>and keep cutting back to it
>then cut back to it a few more times
>>
>>69618595
no u
>>
>>69618572
B-Brazzers?
>>
>>69612224
rekt
>>
>watching Game of Tumblr
>ever
>>
File: 10 - rrmnhlG.jpg (401 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
10 - rrmnhlG.jpg
401 KB, 1920x1200
Why is there no up-to-date tard GoT characters
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 40

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.