[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is this cunt such a big part of the show? I don't understand.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 42
File: Ramsay_and_yara.jpg (138 KB, 1178x896) Image search: [Google]
Ramsay_and_yara.jpg
138 KB, 1178x896
Why is this cunt such a big part of the show?

I don't understand. At first, I thought he was just a character in Theon's storyline but somehow he's so ridiculously capable and lucky that now he rules all of the north and is shaping up to be the great antagonist of this season?

What makes the writers think he is such an interesting character to devote the whole later half of the show? He's a literal cartoon villain for fuck's sake.
>>
Maybe he's good for ratings. Who would've thought flaying was in such high demand.
>>
Agree with you op this character is very 1 dimensional
>>
Is he legitimately the most edgy character on television ever?
>>
You're giving the writers too much credit
>>
So Ramsay has Ramsay Sue but Jon has Brienne. Who wins Bastard Bowl?
>>
well he is warden of the north you know
>>
File: 1461640500802.png (64 KB, 731x295) Image search: [Google]
1461640500802.png
64 KB, 731x295
If only that fat fuck had finished his books on time instead of dicking around with his finger up his ass and fucking Sibel Kekilli, D&D would've been able to adapt it like they had the first 4 seasons.

They're literal fucking retards without source material.
>>
>>69588442
Oh my god
>>
>>69588442
it's real
>>
>>69587224
He is a fan favorite as well as edgy comic relief, which this show needs. Game of Thrones is a boring show. Say what you want about Ramsay, good or bad, whatever, but at least he's not boring.
>>
>>69587156
He's a full blown Gary Sue. His only contradiction is that no one likes him. Other than that he can do everything without struggle.
>>
EVIL WHITE MALE

EVIL WHITE MALE

EVIL WHITE MALE
>>
>>69587156
like every tv show, GOT shills blatantly to women, and women like

1. mary sues, and
2. remorseless sociopaths

so ramsay and dany get to do whatever they want, and you have to deal with it
>>
>>69587156
Literally agree/identify with every word you said, thanks
>>
>>69587156
It's kind of galling for the show to kill off Robb as a demonstration that poor political choices have concequences, only to shove this guy at us who can't be taken down no matter how psychotic and untrustworthy he is.

CIA is almost as bad.
>>
>>69588500
>>69588520
it's not even a meme, he really did fuck Sibel
>>
>>69587156
He's one of the few characters that's actually entertaining.
>>
>>69587156
They can't into subtlety. You could have noticed that every single character has been viciously flanderized this season. All hidden motives, secondary traits, psychological nuances were thrown out of the window for everyone. Varys personality revolves around being eunuch (the fact that he is one of the smartest people of the show is not acknowledged, mentioned or shown). Tyrion devolved to quipper with his internal conflicts entirely gone. Jaime regressed to incestous apathetic fuck throwing all development away. Of course they want to keep Ramsey as simple as possible, they do that to everyone.
>>
>>69587156
He just GoT's version of a Joker
>>
>>69588994

This.
>>
>>69587156
>69587156
Because he's Jon's "Evil Twin" analogue archetype deal person. He's just an alternate reality version of Jon Snow.

>Born a bastard.
>Father actually kept him around, found use of him.
>Never had aspiritions of being some Honorable cunt.
>Becomes legitimized, so no longer a bastard, aka GAINS POWER

Every single action he makes is the opposite of Jon Snow.
>Completely ruthless
>Good strategist, doesn't allow himself to get betrayed/stabbed to death by his own homies.
>The only Northerner (aside from his own father) who isn't some weirdly loyal to-a-fault dipshit.
>Complete sociopath. Not really in touch with his feelings like lovesick puppy Jon.

He stays alive this long because he's NOT stupid.
Just because he's edgy as fuck and a sociopath doesn't mean he's pure chaos. He understands how terrible the world they live in really is. Even if he's a major part of why its so awful. He plays by the real rules or Westeros-- Cruelty enacted on others before its enacted on yourself.
>>
>>69588994
He's the most predictable character on the show probably. To me it's not entertaining to think "yeah now he's gonna do/say this edgy shit" and have him do it. Maybe if they got a better actor that doesn't look like Mr Potato
>>
>>69588967
Ramsay dies this season
>>
>sjws hate ramsey
>/tv/ hates ramsey

my god
>>
Ramsey would be cool if he wasnt chaotic evil. He is.

Eevry other "villain" in the show is somewhat grey., but he is just pure evil. So fuckign boring.
>>
>>69589110

I hope not, I can't stand the other characters.
>>
He's really underdeveloped. They should've had a few episodes where he talks to the lords of the north. It's just way too unbelievable that he'd have any support at all. The way they're building him up is pretty ironic considering the rest of the whole series in book and TV show alike is a takedown of the jacked up superhero protagonists.

If I had to gamble I'd say they cut out something that turned out to be critical to the plot in the later parts, and now have to wedge this in so they can hit a critical point. Lord Manderly's support for a Stark claim in Winterfell is gone, so now they have to jerk around a bunch of characters into allying against this dickbag so they can get a Stark into Winterfell and move forward with the next plot. Now that I think about it Theon going back to support his sister could be them trying to replace the Manderly's with the Greyjoys.

Or maybe they're just fucking shit at writing sympathetic villains, and have accidentally killed all the ones with some characterization from the books.
>>
>>69589000
This so much. Varys is a complete joke now and jaimie is just nothing, years of character build mean nothing to these hacks
>>
>>69589110
No doubt, but it will be in a big epic battle of good vs evil, not because of political consequences.

In the real world Ramsay would have caught a knife in his back by now, because no sane person would willingly fight for him.
>>
File: b.jpg (149 KB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
b.jpg
149 KB, 500x280
>>69587156

Because Barry is based as fuck.

That's why.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCuYAMWXCXE
>>
File: Ramsay_Bolton.jpg (388 KB, 1056x1296) Image search: [Google]
Ramsay_Bolton.jpg
388 KB, 1056x1296
>le epic villain sue man xd
>>
>>69589171
True, he should have suffered a similar fate to robb
>>
The thing is, he isn't like the book character.

>bu...but the books aren't the same buut

The essence is changed. In the books, he's a creepy manic, but rash. He's actually freaked by his dad, and wants his approval (whilst Roose DGAF).

Here they've made him even-more-ruthless Tywin 2.0, in order for Jon's victory over him to feel "better" or some shit. Basically, it's HACK WRITING.
>>
>>69589162
>the rest of the whole series in book and TV show alike is a takedown of the jacked up superhero protagonists.

No idiot, it's a takedown of hero protagonists.

It loves superpowered villains
>>
>>69589162
>He's really underdeveloped. They should've had a few episodes where he talks to the lords of the north.

It's like in the Wire, Marlo had to get control of the greek connection before he killed Prop Joe. In a better show Ramsay would have to check whether anyone would support his power play vs. cutting his skinny ass open and feeding him to the dogs but game of thrones isn't that kind of show.
>>
>>69589141
He is irredeemable. But so was Joff. Who was also a chaotic evil. Joffs final sin was stupidity. And being so naive to not understand that even if he was a Good king that still means having a target on your forehead. Joff was 1 dimensional and paid dearly for it.

Now Ramsey is chaotic evil. But he's not a political player. He's a desperate evil. He started at the bottom and once he got a small taste for victory (pleasing Roose, + getting legitimized) he's on a power hungry ascent. He is interesting to me still because he doesn't waste time accumulating as much as possible. He seemed to care for what Roose thought of him. But the second Roose threatened back to take away all his new accomplishments, boom, Dad has to go too. He fucked up Stannis entire campaign, without breaking a sweat. He's formidable, actually crazy, and now against the wall.
>>
>>69589170

Jaimes character developement was so great for the first 3 seasons. Now its like it never happened. Hes a complete asshole like in s1 but more retarded
>>
>>69587156
he's one of the only character that make this shit worth watching t b h
>>
File: 1432087729021.jpg (6 KB, 160x160) Image search: [Google]
1432087729021.jpg
6 KB, 160x160
>>69589263
>Jon's victory over him
>>
>>69587156
Except Ramsay is based as fuck
>>
I don't want to appear to be some pol level retard assblasted by female characters, but things are getting a little whack, honestly. Jaime has done literally nothing this season except follow his sister around like a bitch, and they haven't even been fucking... Not that they have to be fucking, but shouldn't their be some kind of tense conversation between them? So now it's Tyrell, basically Lannister, and greyjoy that are all run by women (of course danaerys too). Not only that, but they're splitting up the allegiances waaaay too much. It's no longer game of thrones; it's game of individuals-of-clear-moral-standing. The fun part about the show was that guys like vaerys and baelish were IN kings landing despite not necessarily being totally on the lannisters side. Now they're all right where they want to be. High sparrow is annoying as fuck, so no ones rooting for him and thus he's a boring character. Ramsay is basically the de facto bad guy now. What happened? Everything used to be so entangled. Now it's just individual standard knight stories of revenge.

My main question is why Ramsay didn't fuck the shit out of Sansa until she was pregnant while he had her. That would have been a little more realistic if you ask me.

I didn't watch episode 3 but did watch 4. I think I'm done for good now though. It's just not as fun.
>>
>>69589263
Agreed. BookRamsay is at his heart insecure, which is why he hates handsome, noble born Theon and murders women who think he's disgusting. It's not the best characterization in the world, but at least it's something.

Show Ramsay has no reason to be a psychopath other than because D and D needed someone to replace Joffrey.
>>
>>69589611
If we're going with realism, Sansa never would have gone to WF in the first place.

"Marry your enemies to get revenge" is fucking retarded and Sansa and LF should know that.
>>
>>69589655
Didn't baelish get something out of that, though?

Also, I don't believe Sansa knew exactly how bad Ramsay was at that point.
>>
>people still watch this after the shitfest that was last season

Literally why would you do that to yourselves?
It was obviously going to be shit.
>>
>>69589201
Fucking Barry.
>>
>>69589611

Honestly every male character that isnt a complete evil asshole is a fucking bitch.

>jorah is a cuck
>tyrion only used for quips
>varys and grey worm are useless dickless faggots
>tommen is a whiny kid
>loras is just a gay stereotype
>jaime follows his sister around like a bitch

its fucking sad when jon is the only likeable protag and i hated the shit at the wall in earlier seasons
>>
>>69587416
He's far more edgy in the books, show Ramsay is a fucking faggot by comparison.
>>
I've said this so many fucking times. We get it D&D, he's evil. Don't keep fucking tell us that. Move the fuck on and give some interesting characters some time

This episode

>Dany
>North
>Ramsay
>Theon

2 out of 4 of those are shit and should be excised from the show (Dany and Ramsay)
>>
>>69589340
Joff was actually a good villain because his motivations were understandable. He was a product of incest living in decadent royal family. His "father" Bobby did not give a single fuck about him and his greatest influence was morally bankrupt mother. You see exactly why he is unstable, pathetic, cowardly, spoiled, cruel, egocentric little shit. And he works perfectly as a villain because of that.

Ramsey is just your generic slasher psychopath who needs to be put down like a rabid dog.
>>
>>69589263
>He's actually freaked by his dad, and wants his approval

No he doesn't, nigga had to stop himself from killing Roose when he tried to take his Reek. And book Ramsay is incredibly ruthless, he killed Ser Rodrick, Lady Hornwood, and blatantly tortures fake Arya so that everyone is aware of it. He has no impulse control at all.
>>
>>69589628
>and murders women who think he's disgusting

He just rapes and murders women indiscriminately m8, there's no real reason behind it
>>
>>69588970
what
>>
>>69589868
Joffrey was well portrayed too. There were times he had me laughing. I actually enjoyed his presence because he was such a great character.
>>
>>69589810

Ye hes really fucking edgy but at least he isnt a master of guerrilla warfare
>>
>>69589868
Also Joff wasn't a Mary Sue
>>
>>69589953
Joff was a villain you loved to hate. Ramsay's just a boring villain you hate.
>>
>>69587156
That poor wildling girl he stabbed this episode, she looked a bit pregnant ;_;
>>
Show Roose was also shit
Book Roose had all of Ramsay's men in his pocket and knew each of his moves
>>
>>69587156
Joffrey was extremely well-received. The showrunners wanted to create another Joffrey, and they sacrificed good writing and believability in the process.
>>
>>69589978
At least she had an ending and she's not rowing to China on Gendry's boat.

>>69589973
Exactly. Ramsay's line is basically: and here's Ramsay doing some ugly shit. My problem is they've killed or ruined all the good characters. I don't care for anyone in the show now. Especially the holier-than-thou lot

>Brienne
>High Sparrow
>Dany

All just dreadful. Cercei isn't even fun to watch anymore.
>>
>let's change Asha's name to Yara because it sounds too similar to Osha and may confuse our retarded audience xDD
>also let's have Osha disappear for seasons only to get killed off when she comes back, rendering the Asha/Yara name change completely pointless xDD

This show is the epitome of shit.
>>
>>69589868
Joffrey was also incompetent and stupid. Things he did ended up going wrong, which is something that doesn't really happen to Ramsay.
>>
>>69589718
Not really. He used word of the marriage to get Cersei to give him permission to invade the north, but he could have done that in multiple other ways and he has the men to do it without her help anyway.

At the very least Sansa knew the Boltons were cruel and treacherous. Even if they were pussy cats, nobody marries into their enemies to get revenge.
>>
>>69589930
I was just trying to put a bit of analysis on his character. He's got mommy issues and daddy issues out the wazoo. TV Ramsay doesn't.
>>
>>69587156
The writers actively dislike grey characters because they aren't as easy to write. Instead they keep trying to shoehorn in generic good vs evil -- it's just laziness.
>>
>>69590055

Also why the fuck do they still call the mountain ser gregor? Did they forget he admitted killing kids and raping elia in front of a crowd? Did the king pardon him
>>
>>69590032
Ramsay worked in the books because he was fucking nuts, but not a "le invincible wacky Joker XD" kind of nuts, and was implemented in small doses. He also worked as a good device to develop Theon, which is supposed to be his main purpose.

It amazes me that they managed to utterly butcher one of the best plot lines in the books.
>>
>>69590156
I also helps that proper "Ramsay Bolton" only appears in ADWD and his alter ego Reek has cameos in ACOK. Anymore than that and he would get obnoxious.
>>
There is no shortage of crazy people in power.

If they kill off Ramsay, there is still that deranged little cunt ruling the Vale.
>>
File: 123456789098790.jpg (50 KB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
123456789098790.jpg
50 KB, 853x480
>>69590156
>Theon getting shafted in favor of Ramsay and Sansa in his own damn story line
>retreading Sansa's season one story all over again because they were too fucking dumb to include Jeyne Poole

HACKS
A
C
K
S
>>
>>69590032
And baelish and vaerys were fun when they had to maneuver. Now vaerys is with Tyrion, and they they're just chilling with no worries, and baelish essentially commands an army at this point. There is simply no more maneuvering anywhere. The only interesting parts are the fighting. No one's stance is unclear any more. Boring.
>>
>have a good villain in Joffery
>have a god tier "villain" in Tywin
>now stuck with Ramsay "20 good men" Snow

What a massive downgrade.
>>
File: 1463229301316.jpg (47 KB, 432x449) Image search: [Google]
1463229301316.jpg
47 KB, 432x449
i literally only watch the show now to see how ramsay is going to fucking everything up like the gormless retard he is and yet still come out on top, this entire show is like watching a bugs bunny cartoon, i'm in hell and GOT is a demonic apostle of satan sent to torture me
>>
>>69590277
Pretty much. It's too loose. The shit thing is that I believe the writers are huffing their own farts. The obnoxious fans blow smoke up their asses.

The dialogue lately has been terrible, especially Tyrion's. I can't remember what it was verbatim, but talking about cocks and alcohol. I'm so bored by the scenes, I've actually picked up laptop lately and browsed /tv/ it's been that bad.
>>
>>69589628
>Show Ramsay has no reason to be a psychopath
Real psychopaths have no reason to be psychopaths. It's largely genetic. They also tend to be boring when you see past their charm because they don't have any deep and complex feelings, opinions or motivations. Accurate portrayals of psychopaths in media will almost always be dull and two-dimensional, which is why there are so few.

Doesn't excuse his magical powers in the show, though.
>>
File: BN-HV695_got_G_20150412200710.jpg (30 KB, 553x369) Image search: [Google]
BN-HV695_got_G_20150412200710.jpg
30 KB, 553x369
>>69587156
Showrunners love Rheon very much. He is also an actor who is very enthusiastic about this project and apparently stupid enough to think that his character is impressive. Also hacks need the character for shock value (because they think it's the whole point of the show) and to simplify conflict into glowing white and "feed newborn to dog" black morality >>69589000
>>
>>69590277
It's like the endgame in grand strategy games. Nothing to do and no one worthy to kill off. Only options are to let it die violently or wait it out.
>>
>>69590230
At least Robyn has weaknesses. He's a spoiled, bitchmade kid, not a TWISTED FUCKING PSYCHOPATH who effortlessly gets what he wants all the time.
>>
>>69590277
Maybe this is why the fat man is taking so long to release the next book. He's written himself into a corner, and, unlike D&D, is determined to find a satisfying way out.
>>
Anyone else tired of TEAL AND FUCKING ORANGE
>>
Why do girls like Ramsey? Mostly really young ones.

My 12 year old niece really wants a husband who is like him and "will treat her right"
>>
File: A6OH1Qr2.jpg (42 KB, 431x431) Image search: [Google]
A6OH1Qr2.jpg
42 KB, 431x431
>>69587156
Who can stop him? Endgame he will sit on the iron throne and there is nothing you can do about it. Stay mad faggots. Lord Only Son of House Good Men is invincible and he shall prove to be the prince that was promised. He literally has no flaw, and that is before he takes off his shirt. Accept it ass blasted Stannis fags, your king is dead.
>>
>>69590361

The language sounds too modern and its totally out of place. Just go watch the first 3 seasons and compare the dialogue
>>
Not only is the guy a one-dimensional wacky psychopath, they even made him take the stupid evil overlord rulebook to guide his actions.

>Hello, Osha. I know you'd kill me immediately if given the chance so let me leave this knife within your reach while allowing you to come very close to me with no guards in sight. Oh, and I have already decided to kill you but a simple and safe execution is definitely out of the question, so please come closer to me and that knife and let me inform about killing you which should in no way hinder my plans because what could possibly go wrong when a person is right next to me, has a knife within her reach and realises she's about to die unless she does something radically violent. Nope, not a single thing about this plan conserns me, it's perfect!
>>
>>69590690
It wouldn't be the first time.
>hello theon, a character who has every reason to hate me, please shave me with this straight razor just because
>>
>>69590674
People don't seem to be phoning it in in the earlier seasons, but here it's like they're just reading their lines.
>>
>>69590362
I've heard that it's nature and nurture, but I take your point.
>>
>>69590716
>>69590690
The dude gets off on fucking with people and risk. He likes watching them have hope of killing him and enjoys the power play. It's no different to Jamie enjoying fighting some cunt with a sword.

The show has heaps of problems, but this isn't one. He's not having the option of being killer there as an oversight. He enjoys the risk.
>>
>>69589171
>>69589212
Then how come tyrants and wacky roman emperor ruled for so long?
>>
>>69590361
I saw a glimpse of decent dialogue from Tyrion when he was walking and talking with Greyworm. About how he doesn't trust the masters, but he trusts their self-interest. That felt like something Tyrion could have said, but most of it was awful.
>>
>>69590652
dany will stop him by locking him in his castle and burning it down
>>
>>69590831
Greyworm is another fucking dreadful character, along with Missandei (sp?). Fuck off D&D
>>
Since we have no more Tywin show needed a human villain, pity he's a cartoony villain who made evil things just because he's so evul (and apparently unstoppable, Roose was equally ruthless but not dumb and naively evil like Ramsay is, I wish we had Ramsay executed), Tywin was an interesting counterpart who had his own reasons who happened to being in opposition of our heroes reasons, Ramsay is just a character that seems to be written for some anime.
>>
>>69590636
1. Girls, especially young ones, very often have a fantasy which can be boiled down to "power of my love will turn that cold-hearted alpha asshole into sweethearted jelly". The more monstrous the man is the more is "the reward" for turning him "to light";
2. Some are just sexually attracted to him for whatever reason
3. Rheon is considered attractive among females
4. Girls are generally stupid enough to think that if they were in Theon's situation they would not be suffering that much
5. Young Western girls generally have no moral compass to realize how monstrous Ramsay. They completely gloss over that part of the character.

So it's one of the above or combination of reasons
>>
>>69589201
thats a really trendy haircut for being an outcast.
>>
>>69590842
>implying he wouldn't skin her alive to make a fire resistant targ coat and walk out like he just got out of the sauna.
>>
>>69590861

Varys was great too but now its nothing but eunuch jokes. Also hes apparently fucking retarded too because his little birds will just spy for someone else when you give them a box of candy.

Meereen story is literally sandsnek tier at this point
>>
>>69591036
I zone out when that shit's on. Get the fuck off my screen. Dany's story in season 1 was okay. It's been awful ever since though.

Varys was my favourite, now he's just lame comic relief. I still can't believe I saw a fart joke in the fucking show
>>
>>69591073
You realize there was a huge fart joke in Season 2 episode 4, right?
>>
>>69590636
Women are naturally attracted to alphas.
>>
>>69591115

That was different though
>>
>>69589611
tbqh it feels like it's got like 2 seasons of life left before the inevitable conclusion.
everything plot-wise feels in place now for a true finale. i don't see how they can stretch it out with 3 or 4 more seasons other than artificially make up so new conflicts.
>>
>>69591073

It was only good because drogo and viserys had such great actors

S2 dany was fucking painful to watch
>>
>>69587156
because he is an epic bastard
>>
>>69591158
I have to openly disagree, my wife outright dislikes rude, violent and muscular men who keep hitting on her
>>
>>69591516
Do you think she would refuse if a hollywood A-lister tried hitting on her? No, she would leave you on the spot and allow him to do anything to her body
>>
>>69591653
You act like men don't cheat all the time.
You can't have a relationship if you constantly worry when you are gonna get cucked
>>
>>69590690
there was absolutely not tension in that scene whatsoever because the audience knew as soon as she walked into the room ramsay was going to suddenly kill her after some exposition

DND ARE HACKS
>>
>>69590829

They don't. Tyrants that last a long time do so by making people *afraid* they'll be killed. They do that by killing or hurting a small but effective number of people, but not so many that people honestly think they're more likely to live if they desperately try to kill the tyrant. Which is where Ramsey should be, but he's not because plot.

Many Roman emperors were killed by their own guards when they went nuts.
>>
File: back to tumblr.png (308 KB, 546x700) Image search: [Google]
back to tumblr.png
308 KB, 546x700
>>69591717
We don't, because we have honor.

Back to tumblr.
>>
He's good for reactions for youtube videos, he's good to create SHOCK VALUE.
>>
>>69590636
>Why do girls like Ramsey?

I thought only Thramsay shippers liked Ramsay. Your perverse niece probably gets off to degenerate gay fanfiction of those two.
>>
>>69591900
>We don't, because we have honor.
>that "cheat on your spouse" website's userbase was like 98% men

kek
>>
>>69589946
yeah, it's true (no joke)
>>
>>69589814
Basically they give the attention to the two biggest mary sues. But at least Dany being a Mary Sue is linked to the books still. Ramsay is like when in fanfiction they take their favourite side character and write it all about them.
>>
>>69590150
In the books, they change his name in order to hide the fact that he still exists from Doran Martell.

Remember what happened to Dorne in the show. KEK
>>
File: Jared.jpg (59 KB, 540x500) Image search: [Google]
Jared.jpg
59 KB, 540x500
>Leto's Joker
>Ramsay
>Darkstar
>Coldsteel

Who is the better edgefag?
>>
>>69589203

>main objective of the Greyjoy's
>>
He's a big part of the show because the show has always been about how the most evil and duplicitous scumfuck will rise the highest, while dense honorable fucks like jon snow and ned stark get wrecked and held back by their honour.

Ramsay has no limits to what he'll do for power, so he's rewarded for it.
>>
>>69590150
Because a bunch of their viewing audience still thinks Dany's name is really "Khaleesi" so they need to make extra sure that everyone knows that this is The Mountain, you know, that guy from season 4. He was called the mountain, remember him?
>>
>>69589203
BUT THE SHOCK VALUE GUYS
THE SHOCK VALUEEEE
>>
File: 1440432799550.jpg (31 KB, 388x380) Image search: [Google]
1440432799550.jpg
31 KB, 388x380
>They traded Tywin away for this
>>
>>69592517

I just find it weird that ellaria and the sneks would rather kill oberyns brother than try to get revenge on the guy that killed him
>>
>people watch this show
>>
>>69592452

he is tactically retarded though and his father has no faith in him
>>
>>69592517
With increased popularity GoT started to cater to lowest common denominator and it shows
>>
>>69592655
Yeah it was very highbrow at the start
>>
>>69590055

Also they kill her off when the ironborn are finally going to do shit. I mean its just small stuff that doesnt really matter but shit like this adds up and you have the complete fucking mess of a show we have now
>>
>>69587156
i don't fucking care about anything anymore.
i just want to watch Jon and Sansa passionately have sex and rule Westeros.
>>
>>69592241

Coldsteel...

THE HEDGEHEG!
>>
Jon Snow wins the Winter Bowl and Ramsay is imprisoned instead of executed.

More Ramsay in season 7 xDD
>>
>>69592655
That's why they're randomly killing so many people off. Often out of nowhere. Notice there's been a death in every episode so far? They're culling the roster.
>>
I'm so fucking tired of the SHOCK VALUE! of this shit. Things have no build up at all. They just happen and this character is just fucking terrible.
>>
File: 0.00%_mad.png (55 KB, 236x281) Image search: [Google]
0.00%_mad.png
55 KB, 236x281
>>69592608
>tfw Roose was suppose to be the new Tywin but D&D, like the hacks they are, killed him off for no fucking reason
>>
Ramsey was good in earlier seasons, but he can't carry this shit as the sole Evil McBadguy. I was really expecting him to enjoy a meteoric rise, and then get put down by his father once he realized he couldn't control him as well as he thought he did. But no, his dad turned out to be literally retarded.
>>
>>69592677
Not high-brow, but GoT was decent low fantasy entertainment show with lot's of interesting takes on the genre and intriguing possibilities.

Red Wedding's SHOCKING TWIST and subsequent rise of show's popularity changed the GoT's dynamic and tone completely. It turned it from drama into maymay shlock
>>
>>69593161
>Red Wedding's SHOCKING TWIST
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkuIufeL94w
>>
File: 1461348902048.jpg (27 KB, 636x636) Image search: [Google]
1461348902048.jpg
27 KB, 636x636
>we'll never go back to season 1
>>
>>69588970
Good for him, I would fuck her too.
I wouldn't marry her or anything, but would definitely be down for a weekend fling.
>>
They realized that people lost interest in the show after Joffrey got kilt so they have been building this douche up to be Joffrey 2.0 but it's just not working.
>>
>>69589110
Yeah just like Hitler, oh wait no, that's not what happened. Ok maybe kind of like Stalin.. Ok maybe kind of like Mugabe in Africa.. Oh wait never mind, oh wait, kinda like Castro, no wait he's still alive. Fuck.
>>
>>69593291
DELETE THIS
>>
>>69589203
>literally the most unenjoyable and retard of a character

They would have killed this faggot earlier, but they obviously plot-armored the fuck out of him so they can get their derailed story back on track.
>>
This thread surprisingly elevated my opinion of /tv/. Expected much more edgefags adoring Boltonshit instead of deconstructing the fuck of him
>>
>>69589162
The vale is going to support them
>>
>>69589963
>what is 20 good men
>>
does ramsey even have a character flaw?

joffrey was a fucking coward, what does ramsay have? like i have never seen him show any emotion other than being a sadistic fuck.
>>
>>69593639

Not in the books
>>
I can already see this shitfest
>Jon 1v1s Ramsay in heroic duel
>Thormund kills miniboss Smalljon
>Brienne kills pedoKarstark because that's what righteous feminists do
>>
>>69588967
>to kill off Robb as a demonstration that poor political choices have concequences
See, that's the point in the book. In the show, it's more like "lel good guys die horrible deaths"

Thus it just makes sense that Ramsay survives this long, because he's super-evil, and as we all know, the more evil you are, the stronger you are.

That being said, Roose's line about being a wild dog is foreshadowing that Ramsay is finally gonna get put down pretty soon.
>>
>>69590032
Perhaps you should stop watching. Always funny to see fags like this get sooo riled up
>>
>>69589062
>Cruelty enacted on others before its enacted on yourself
Cruelty in itself is worthless though, and will only make people despise you. A savvy operator realizes that sure, it's good for people to fear you, but only if they did something to piss him off. Ramsay just comes across as a random psychopath who kills anyone, and those kind of leaders generally don't last a very long time, because nobody benefits from them having power.
>>
>>69590156
Ramsay in books worked because he never did anything of significance (except for taking Winterfell). Book Ramsay is not a retarded jack of all trades Mary Sue who is master in torture, strategy, fighting, politics etc.
>>
>>69589868
I miss Ruse, book Ruse that is.
>>
File: image.png (365 KB, 573x542) Image search: [Google]
image.png
365 KB, 573x542
>>69591516
>believing this
>implying she didn't have fantasies that night of Chad giving her the shocker with one hand and holding a PBR with a beer sleeve on the other
Dude you're cucked
>>
File: ramsay.png (195 KB, 586x657) Image search: [Google]
ramsay.png
195 KB, 586x657
shirtless ramsay vs arthur dayne

who wins?
>>
>>69593800
Are you dumb? The real world is full of examples of cruel leaders who survived and thrived for a very long time
>>
>>69593729

Can't you people see that Sansa is the one that is gonna kill him just for MUH EBIN PAYBACK and sjw points? You can bet your ass she's gonna throw a cheesy one liner just before she does it as well.
>>
>>69593657
He had daddy issues I guess
>>
>>69593914
NOWITENZ
>>
>>69593735
>the more evil you are, the stronger you are.
That show logic. Characters die because they make mistakes, not because of some shitty meme logic to boost rating.
>>
>>69592452
>the show has always been about how the most evil and duplicitous scumfuck will rise the highest, while dense honorable fucks like jon snow and ned stark get wrecked and held back by their honour
See, that's stupid. That's not how it works in real life. Sure, you can't be all lovey-dovey idealistic ALL the time, you have to be pragmatic. But being evil for the sake of it is seldom very pragmatic.
>>
>There are 20 game of thrones threads up right now
>You retards keep making more
>>
>>69593914
s it snowing outside?
>>
>>69594006
Another failed history student here
>>
File: 1456432896770.jpg (20 KB, 258x245) Image search: [Google]
1456432896770.jpg
20 KB, 258x245
>>69590652
he only has like 5 more scenes until he dies faggot
>>
>>69593931
I recommend you read up on roman emperors and see who survived the longest. (Protip: Being a cunt, even to your enemies, is generally a bad idea.)

Perhaps one of the best examples is Caracalla, who basically Red Wedding'd the Parthians, because he thought that would be a cool way to show off how strong and cool he was. In reality, it just pissed the parthians off and ruined diplomatic relations with the east for a long long time. He was assassinated himself not long after, because of a plethora of likewise retarded decisions, such a wide-scale purges of the capital.

Now I'm not saying asshole leaders don't exist, but there's a difference between being cruel for a REASON (like Genghis Khan) and being cruel because you're a sadist (like Ramsay)

>>69594000
Well exactly. In the books, it's a bit different.
>>
>>69594061
Yeah, you don't seem to know much about history. Let me guess: You think Machiavelli has the last word on every topic? (Even though he also didn't advocate being a dick for no reason.)
>>
GoT really hit rock bottom in several episodes:

>Ramsay kills his father and extended family practically in front of the whole castle and no immediate vassal revolt and/or arrest by his own troops occurs which would be the realistic Medieval outcome of this incident
>Sneks openly kill Doran and, in similar fashion, face no consequences whatsoever when in Medieval world they would've been beaten with stones regardless of public sympathies
>Noone on Pyke is capable of connecting 2 and 2, Euron's unexpected appearance and suspicious death of Balon on the same night
>>
>>69590636

Your 12 yo niece probably shouldn't be watching GoT...
>>
>>69594227
Refer to Hitler, Stalin, Castro, Saddam, Mugabe, pol pot

Freaking idiot. There are a lot of cruel leaders who ruled for a long time. That's reality. Now go back and do some studying.
>>
>>69588970
>fucking a porn actress
boldly went where at least 500 guys have gone before.
>>
>>69592241
Coldhands
>>
>>69594604

Dunno m8 if i looked like grrm i probly would lower my standards
>>
>>69594546

Ramsay is extremely retarded though and lost a valuable hostage and his highborn as fuck wife simply because he couldnt stop being a complete piece of shit.

I guess the point is that shit like this can bite you in the ass if you take it too far
>>
>>69593914
If you didn't drop the show during this scene I wont be able to take your opinion on anything related to GoT seriously
>>
>>69591717
If I had to make a guess 50% of this board probably have never had a serious relationship and so just talk out of their ass and create a hypothetical situation where they might get 'cucked' especially seeing that seems to be sexual obsession of most of this sites users.
>>
>>69594953
Shit, I didn't drop it. How do I regain your esteemed opinion??????!!???
>>
>>69592241
Coldhand is probably an animated corpse so can he really be an edge fag?
>>
>>69594953
fuck we all kept watching like you, oh nooo no more upboats for me todayyy
>>
File: 1458844183290.jpg (40 KB, 720x602) Image search: [Google]
1458844183290.jpg
40 KB, 720x602
>D&D: Hey look someone is trying to kill Ramsay again! I wonder what'll haaaappeeeen gghghghg
>SURPRISE HE KILLED THEM FIRST. FOOLED YA AGAIN VIEWERS

I just want it to be over already.
>>
>>69587156
To balance out that Danny shit.
>>
>>69594546
Those are much closer to Roose i.e. rational and pragmatic with their evil. None of them actually stirred up shit by raping their wives for everyone to hear screams, none of them personally flayed prisoners between League of Nations sessions or owned brainwashed slaves that they would parade in front of others. Stalin was perhaps the most interpersonally sadistic of them all with his love for Roose-style mind games, but he tried his best to hide it.

In short, you are completely wrong. Being openly sadistic and edgy like Ramsay is the fastest way for leader to tell everyone, including subordinates, that he is nuts, unreliable and extremely dangerous - to be eliminated ASAP basically, for good of all involved sides.
>>
>>69595157
You truly are dumb.
Saddam for example openly gassed his people. His sons raped women left and right. Hitler exterminated entire peoples same with pol pot. Don't even want to talk about NK.

In short, you are completely wrong. Educate yourself. I implore you.
>>
>>69589203
You forgot the part where his father, upon hearing the news that he'd threatened Ramsay to hope he wouldn't hear, decided to hug his literal psychopath son
>>
>>69590362
I don't think naturally insane people have a tendency for violence like this. People that are nurtured into only knowing violence and insanity make more sense
>>
>>69593359
I`m not going to start pol/ing but Hitler was pretty damn loved by germans.
>>
>>69589810

How much more edgy is he?
>>
>>69595435
Sorry, but it's you who are dumb as fuck here.

Neither Saddam, nor Stalin, nor Pol Pot - none of them personally killed anybody when they became nation's leaders. None of them were personally raping, torturing, enslaving people. They gave out orders to do such things, but never engaged themselves and always justified orders like it was for the good of the nation.

Unlike you they knew perfectly well that leader who is giving out an evil order is perceived much better than leader who is himself personally committing atrocities and reveling in it with joy. Person who gives the order is not seen even half as evil as the person who does the deed, especially if the order-giver has some nice justification. In those cases leader is seen pragmatic and ruthless, but not personally cruel.

Hitler was a very polite man, vegeterian, loved animals and children, avoided physical violence. He is also responsible for WW2 and was an undoubtedly evil man.

Now puzzle for you - would Hitler's subordinates execute his orders and be of reverent opinion about him if he was card-carrying rapist, murderer etc.? Like if Hitler was randomly shooting people in Berlin from his car because he's having a psycho episode? How long would he continue before inevitable coup?

Roose is pragmatic evil guy, never showing his true sadism and never allowing it to get in his way which ensures his stable hold on power and generally favorable reputation. Ramsay is plainly a mad dog who is hated by EVERYONE. Even if the realm was stable and there was no Jon, he would still be sooner or later just assasinated by his bodyguard who would fear for his life.
>>
>>69589110
Hopefully Ghost (and shaggydog if he's still alive ;_;) will eat him alive.
>>
>>69595824
Antisocial personality disorder isn't really "naturally insane." It's believed to largely be rooted in some kind of structural brain disorder, causing a cluster of disorders. Some researchers believe that "nature" causes a personality disorder, and "nurture" determines which one it'll be. Narcissists, psychopaths, schizoids, schizotypal personalities, all may have the same general natural brain. What determines which one they become is the level of fuckery in their upbringing.
>>
>>69593657
That made Joffrey a lot more interesting, he was more of a douchebag than a psycho.
>>
>>69596426
joffrey also wasn't actually invulnerable unlike ramsay who seems a fucking unstoppable coal train of destruction

ramsay needs to cross paths with someone with greater plot armor like daenarys or arya in order for him to die

>but actually ramsay ends up killing all of danys dragons barehanded and then throws a dagger into her face from 300m away and then starts eating apples for comic value
>>
>>69596502

Tyrion did a good job of balancing out Joffrey
>>
>>69596426

hes basically a spoiled little shit and complete fucking asshole in the books

but he was way worse in the show, for example in the books its cersei who has roberts bastards killed, not him. his actor was great though, tied for best villain with dance as tywin
>>
>>69589110
Ramsay is Azor Ahai, he will btfo white walkers and unite the realm.
>>
>>69587156
The only redeeming moment Ramsay ever had was when he almost cried when Roose made him a Bolton.
That was obliterated when he killed him, he now has nothing to hold him back, no personality beyond psycho, no flaws, and nothing the audience can relate to.
>>
>>69594424
But do people really care if Euron killed Balon? Aren't the ironborn all about MUH IRON PRICE N SHIET?
>>
>>69592633
>he is tactically retarded though
We've seen what he can do with 20 good men, now we'll see what he can do with an entire army of 20 good men!
>>
>>69587156
It's a good thing they show him killing someone every single episode otherwise I'd forget he's evil!
>>
>>69595949
Not much, actually. The difference is that he is very ugly in the books, wields a sword like a brute without technique and has intelligence slightly higher than Gregor Clegane
>>
>>69592241
pssst
>>
>>69596752

what the fuck was the point of bringing wildling bitch back just to kill her off? they could have killed her off screen and nobody, literally NOBODY would have cared

hell probly rape and flay rickon in the next episode so we dont forget that hes a bad guy
>>
>>69589740
Sunk cost fallacy. It sucks but I still want to see how it ends, since it started so promisingly.
>>
>>69596034
>Hitler [...] was an undoubtedly evil man.

GET THE FUCK OUT OF 4CHAN
>>
>>69589740
I dont know a single man who watches it unironically

we just watch it to laugh at the propaganda and despair over what could have been a good show
>>
>>69595949
>forcefully marries Lady Hornwood, rapes her, then locks her up so that she's forced to eat herself in an attempt to not die of starvation (which doesn't work)
>regularly captures women so he can hunt and rape them. If they give him good sport, he kills them before flaying them and names one of his dogs after them. If they don't, he skins them alive
>went under cover as the original Reek to manipulate Theon in Winterfell, basically carrying out all the horrible deeds such as butchering those two boys
>cuts off Ser Rodrick's arm before killing him
>sets fire to Winterfell and takes all the women there home so he can hunt them
>tortures Theon far worse in the books than in the show
>marries 13 year old Jeyne Poole, rapes and abuses her regularly
>makes Theon eat her out to "get her ready for him" on his wedding night
>is generally an ugly fuck who grosses out everyone besides his gang of fellow degenerates
>would never, in a million years, have some psychotic girlfriend bitch like Myranda

>>69596842
>Not much, actually

You know nothing.
>>
>>69597234
>regularly captures women so he can hunt and rape them. If they give him good sport, he kills them before flaying them and names one of his dogs after them. If they don't, he skins them alive

Isn't this shown in the show?
>>
>>69597288
>doesn't rape or flay her
>simply has his dogs attack her
>only does it once and with his girlfriend

Nah.
>>
File: 1395511435238.jpg (21 KB, 379x269) Image search: [Google]
1395511435238.jpg
21 KB, 379x269
>>69593729
And it will end in Ramsay getting stabbed to the back like the Bolton guy, Trystane, Dayne and the dothraki guy. B-bravo D&D?
>>
>>69593976

Arya spent 6 seasons being a violent little shit, Sansa can't stab 1 dude?
>>
File: 1462973015161.jpg (38 KB, 500x417) Image search: [Google]
1462973015161.jpg
38 KB, 500x417
i miss joffrey
>>
>>69597288
Nigra, show Ramsay literally only raped one grill and had a consensual relationship with a hot chick.

It just isn't the same.
>>
>>69594604
>500

Nah, there aren't that many porn actors around
>>
>>69589062
>He stays alive this long because he's NOT stupid.

He stays alive because the show demands that he does. Freys alone would want to flay him alive for what he's done to their plans.
>>
>>69594953
But Anon, I don't care about you.
>>
>>69597234
>You know nothing.
Not that anon, but in the books, he is just an ugly and slightly dumb sadist with daddy issues.
But the show turned him into an edgy copy of joker
>>
>>69596034
Not that I disagree but what about Al Capone?
>>
>>69593617
>Baelish's teleportation device can now port an entire army past Moat Cailin undected.
>>
>>69597523
I don't think you know what edgy means. Show Ramsay doesn't do anything nearly as edgy as book Ramsay.
>>
>>69596646
Yes. Balon had forgotten the old ways and thus was forced to pay the iron price.
>>
>>69597659
How did he "forget the old ways"?
>>
>>69597659

>and who
>are you
>>
>>69587156
good point, he's really a generic villain character that GRRM only used to create Reek and is mostly decoration for Roose Bolton's and the flayed men's atmosphere
>>
>>69597649
are you saying, edgy = brutal?
is the mountain edgy aswell?
>>
File: 145678909876588.png (21 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
145678909876588.png
21 KB, 640x640
>>69597605
It's funny because this is actually going to happen.

How in the fuck do people take this laughably terrible show seriously?
>>
>>69597415
No.

You may as well say "Bran has spent 6 seasons as a warg eating people, can't Sansa control an attack dog to kill Ramsay?"
>>
>>69597649
>>69597821
Book Ramsey isn't shown as being a plot armor fag without too many political aspirations at all. He's mainly just a disorganized, fully-enabled psychopath.
>>
File: 1445700686082.png (510 KB, 438x546) Image search: [Google]
1445700686082.png
510 KB, 438x546
>le wacky dwarve faec XDD
>>
>>69597951
i agree.
to me, beeing edgy is something that would appeal to a teenager. The dark, nihilistic and with a wicked sense of humour type.
I dont think that applies to book Ramsay
>>
>>69589162
To be fair, he's an incredibly flat character in the books too, but at least he was under a warrant for arrest by Ser Rodrik before Ramsay outsmarted and killed him. I forget why he's now immune to all the horrible shit he does.

Thing is, he's only in the books for the sake of Theon's character development (and is only described through the eyes of Theon), whereas in the show they're trying really hard to make him a major character which doesn't work when he's so fucking static and underdeveloped.
>>
>>69597821
Yes? Typically "edgy" means being as dark and, well, edgy as possible. Show Ramsay is a tame little faggot compared to his book counterpart.

Since when does edgy = Mary Sue?
>>
>>69591848
>They do that by killing or hurting a small but effective number of people

Who has Ramsey killed and tortured?

Theon, who nobody in the North liked anyway.
Sansa, but he didn't do it openly.
Osha, but why would his vassals give a fuck?
Roose, that's the big one. But he didn't seem all that popular among the northern lords and thus are, for the time being, content with the situation. They just fought a war, which cost them troops and resources, and the Ironborn threat is still there, so they probably wait and see how Ramseys rule will play out.

Also, won Winterfell and Moat Cailin back from the Ironborn and gave no reason for other noble houses to really hate him, aside from the Stark loyalists (and it isn't really clear in the show who even still is a Stark loyalist).

There are possible reasons why the North isn't all up in arms against him, the show just does a piss poor job to explain the politics of the North, so you are left to create your own reasoning behind it (same with Dorne).
>>
>>69592452
>Ramsay has no limits to what he'll do for power, so he's rewarded for it.

I wonder what kind of reward the Freys will give him for ruining their plans for the North.
>>
>>69598776
>Also, won Winterfell and Moat Cailin back from the Ironborn and gave no reason for other noble houses to really hate him, aside from the Stark loyalists

And the FUCKING Freys. And the FUCKING Vale. What other houses are there that could possibly help him that aren't Karstarks (who are only in his little show to avenge their father, if that comes to happen, they have no reason to stay with the fuckup that is Ramsay) OR Stark loyalists strongarmed into helping him?
>>
>>69599217
I was talking about northern Houses who wouldn't accept his rule. Why would a Riverland House stirr up shit in the north? Because Ramsey kill fat Walda?

And the Vale is now taking up arms against him...
>>
>>69599544
>I was talking about northern Houses who wouldn't accept his rule. Why would a Riverland House stirr up shit in the north? Because Ramsey kill fat Walda?

I have no fucking clue, maybe because he butchered Walder Frey's daughter and his grandson on whom he was counting to be the future Warden of the North?

But you're right, the Freys are quick to forgive insults against their family.
>>
>>69599544

well the freys definitely wont help him and hes fucked when jon snow and the knights of the vale show up

roose fucked over the lannisters with salsa so he has that to deal with as well. hes finished
>>
>>69587156
so when jon fights him it's exciting
>>
>>69599915
>implying ramsey can hold a sword
>>
>>69599982
I'd love to see Longclaw v 2 meat cleavers.
>>
>>69597234
Dont forget the part where Ramsay made Jeyne fuck his dogs.
>>
>>69587156
Reddit and having loud liberal critics and viewers

Those liberals literally live in a fantasy land where everything is either "tolerant", "polite", and "progressive" or else otherwise evil and deserves nothing but scorn and hate

So when they see somebody that's cartoonishly evil, the kind of evil that finally represents the forces that they genuinely believe their views fight against, then they will eat this shit up

I'm surprised Ramsay doesn't suddenly break continuity and have blond hair, and talk about "making westeros great again"
>>
File: 1449670703517.jpg (52 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
1449670703517.jpg
52 KB, 450x450
>>69593914
Depends, is Howland Reed there?
>>
>>69600961
MUH LIBRUL BOOGIEMAN
>>
>>69601214
You honestly think these forms of pathos ridden, irrationally lead decisions are the result of anything else other than liberal pandering?

It's basically the only way to succeed now a days
>>
>>69601465
MUH LIBRUL BOOGIEMAN
>>
>>69601541
Echolalia must be a symptom of "feeling the burn"
>>
>>69591003
it wasnt back when misfits first aired, he looked like a proper weapon
>>
>>69601465
REEEEEEEE THE NIGGERS AND WIMMIN ARE COMING FOR MY NEETBUX
>>
File: autism hug box.jpg (132 KB, 800x567) Image search: [Google]
autism hug box.jpg
132 KB, 800x567
>>69601650
MUH DEMOCRATIC SOCIALIST BOOGIEMAN
>>
>>69601723
REEEEEEEE TRUMP IS GOING TO WIN AND THEN ALL MY PROBLEMS WILL BE SOLVED
>>
>>69601718
>>69601723
>attacks character, but not the argument

Typical liberal logic. Not smart enough to have a counterpoint, so you go straight to the least relevant thing
>>
>>69601723
whats this toy? looks comfy
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 42

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.