[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Qyburn Appreciation Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: images.jpg (4 KB, 186x271) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
4 KB, 186x271
So now that Tywin and Roose are dead, can we all agree that the 'Bloody Maester' is the smartest and most fearless man in the Seven Kingdoms?

>saved the Kingslayer
>was maester for 'Bloody Mummers' the most evil sellswords in the realm
>told the Citadel "Fuck you. I know what I'm doing so stick your chain up your ass"
>rolls up in the small council and forces Pycelle into incontinence at the sight of his creation and Kevan scrambling from the room like a twat
>has mastered the dark art of necromancy, and even Cersei and Jamie must harbor doubts they dare not speak
Qyburn is the best character. What is his endgame?

Never forget that it was Robb Stark (and Talisa) who rescued him from a certain death at Harranhal. I'm not casting aspersions on his allegiance to the Lannisters, but I think it bears consideration when trying to determine his motivations.

Additionally, maybe this is a minor grievance, but why are they outright calling Ser Robert Strong 'Gregor' in the latest episode? Yeah, I know it's obvious, but shouldn't they at least put up a pretense that they aren't actively involved in necromancy? Do they just do it to clue in braindead showfags who don't realize that's the Mountain? Or does calling Ser Strong 'Gregor' just go to furthur show Qyburn's blatant disrespect and lack of concern about whatever two cents the toothless small coucil feels like throwing in?

One more thing: Who's head is sewn onto that body? They sent the Mountain's head to Dorne, right? Or was that just the books?

>Robb Stark
>Joffery Baratheon
>Oberyn Martell
>Ned Stark
>Robert Baratheon

Centuries to come in Westeros, The Stranger will be represented by the great Qyburn. His very name will inspire fear and awe.
>>
>>69329838
>They sent the Mountain's head to Dorne, right?
Not in the show they didn't
>>
>>69330084
Really? It's never even alluded to?

Also, I fucked something else up. Obviously it couldn't be Oberyn's head because it was obliterated. I just can't help but think that there's goung to be someone's head on Ser Robert's shoulders.

Concerning my original posit, do you think Qyburn is now the smartest man in Westeros? I know he isn't a 'sexy' character who appeals to millenials, but I still think you could make a convincing argument for him being the craftiest 'bit' player left.

A man deserves respect.
>>
>>69330574
>Really? It's never even alluded to?
No, same head. Only thing they showed he did was draw out blood/poison and replace it with something.
>>
He took the midget's head when they tried to convince Cersei it was Tyrion. But plot continuity isn't a thing on the show, so I doubt that's relevant.
>>
What was he even doing at Harrenhall anyway? It always felt like they just shoved him in anywhere they could because they had no real way to introduce him
>>
>>69330574

Joffrey's head
>>
>>69329838
Bloody Mummers weren't in the show, but just a crack team of Bolton's best spies

But yes, the rise of some dishonored maester lying dead in some broken castle to the highest level of Westeros power, inheriting a vast spy ring, and bringing the dead back to life is very impressive, probably second to Littlefinger's rise
>>
>>69330574
Qyburn isn't that crafty, or a player at all for that matter, his motivations are unclear, but 98% of his success is luck, if Cersei wasn't fucking insane, he wouldn't have achieved anything at all in KL
>>
>>69331243
I think restoring Jamie's hand ingratiated him with the Lannisters right away. I can't be bothered to find the passages now, but I'm quite sure it's mentioned on several occasions how the Kingslayer would have lost his arm if not for Qyburn's capable medical attention.

I wouldn't trust the guy as far as I could throw him, but to claim he is just some insignificant character who somehow lucked into power is extremely short-sighted.

This man has proven himself to have power over life and death. Dismiss him at your own peril.
>>
>>69329838
qyburn is going to kill kevan
>>
>>69329838
according to preston hes working for oberyn
>>
>>69333881
Yeah, and Winterfell is a fallout shelter
>>
>>69329838
In the books it is implied that it might have been a fake, possibly one of the many Dwarfs that got decapitated in the search for Tyrion.
>>
I've always loved Qyburn. Such a smug badass with horse-sized balls.
>>
He even cucked Varys

Pretty based desu.
>>
>>69335545
You can't cuck someone without a penis dude, unless you're the one who removed it I suppose, then it's the ultimate cucking
>>
High Sparrow > Qyburn

And it is still Gregor's head not Joffrey's because the helm is fucking massive. Joffrey's tiny head would look so awkward on Gregor's body.
>>
>Lannisters left him near-death at Harrenhall until Robb Stark finds him
>Now works for the Lannisters

wtf?
>>
Shit, never even once I thought of Qyburn/Robb connection. Shit might hit the fan in this department, totally out of left field, I reckon 90% of casuals totally forgot about just as I did. 0-o
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.