[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I bought some "Best of" Dick Van Dyke DVD and I reeeeeally
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (135 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
135 KB, 600x450
I bought some "Best of" Dick Van Dyke DVD and I reeeeeally like it.

Laura is perfect and Rob and the other 2 writers are hilarious.

I don't give a shit about the kid but honestly this show is really good.

Any fans here? Or too young of a crowd?
>>
The Dick Van Dyke Show is GOAT.
>>
File: mary_tyler_moore.jpg (180 KB, 919x1164) Image search: [Google]
mary_tyler_moore.jpg
180 KB, 919x1164
>>69327923
My favorite 60's sitcom after The Addams Family, I own the entire series on blu-ray. Great characters, simple but amusing plots, and Dick himself is unparalleled at physical comedy.

And yeah, Laura is wonderful. I want her to have my children
>>
lmao that name wouldnt fly today
>>
I just watched the one where Laura was on a game show and she accidentally let it slip that Alan was bald.

Rest of the episode was domestic abuse jokes.

Simpler times
>>
>>69328153
that was a good one, I just finished watching the ep where there's a cat burglar on the loose and Rob and Laura get paranoid. Hilarious
>>
File: 2HT4P66.gif (212 KB, 501x585) Image search: [Google]
2HT4P66.gif
212 KB, 501x585
>Reiner considered moving the production of the series to full color as early as season three, only to drop the idea when he was informed that it would add about $7,000 to the cost of each episode.[9]
>>
The Dick Van Dyke Show was smart television.
Well written and well cast.

If you can't make through the episode where Rob get's "hypnotized" and gets drunk at the sound of a bell you have zero comedic soul.

A brilliant show that will be remembered far beyond TwoBrokeBigBang&AHalfMen.
>>
>>69329339
That was a lot of money back then goyim

Anyway I'm glad, I hated how Bewitched went color
>>
File: mary tyler moore legs.jpg (12 KB, 236x354) Image search: [Google]
mary tyler moore legs.jpg
12 KB, 236x354
>tfw you will never have a qt 20 year old wife like Laura
why do we bother living?
>>
File: 1459222637629.gif (33 KB, 300x187) Image search: [Google]
1459222637629.gif
33 KB, 300x187
>>69329491
>>
>>69329339
CBS' color standard was losing the race with RCA and NBC. It's the betterment for all that the CBS color standard was never adopted. It was shit.

The Dick Van Dyke Show always being in b/w is ultimately just a classier presentation of that period of time. Just like I Love Lucy but DVD had better scripts that are timeless to this day.
>>
File: 0MTMBigTurtleneck.jpg (23 KB, 338x416) Image search: [Google]
0MTMBigTurtleneck.jpg
23 KB, 338x416
>>69329491
I always had a thing for Laura Petrie... She was MILF personified.
>>
>>69327923
Yeah, despite this entire Dick Van Dykesucking thread, the show isn't actually very good. You're all massively overrating it because of hipsterism or some other mental problem.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.