[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
"Jim's movie is one of the 20 best movies ever made."
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5
"Jim's movie is one of the 20 best movies ever made." -David Fincher
>>
>>69327199
No shit, only a degenerate wouldn't agree that Aliens is one of the greatest films ever made.
>>
File: mann613x463.jpg (146 KB, 613x463) Image search: [Google]
mann613x463.jpg
146 KB, 613x463
Directors with bad taste general?

>put Avatar on his list of ten favourite films of all time
>likes Mr. Robot, Homeland, House of Cards and other tv dramas
>>repeatedly cast Al Pacino
>>
>>69327297
>>likes Mr. Robot, Homeland, House of Cards and other tv dramas

Those are all good tv shows, what the fuck do you watch, Big Bang Theory?
>>
>>69327574
I don't watch tv dramas, they are a waste of time.
>>
Malick is a big Zoolander fan.
>>
>>69327297
I read somewhere that Joss Whedon's favorite movie is The Matrix. I also remember him saying "I'm too busy making movies to watch movies" or some shit
>>
>>69327199
see >>69327235

It's probably one of the best sci-fi action films ever made
>>
>>69327235
degenerate and proud then, it's shit
>>
>>69327199
>Aliens
>20 best movies ever made
Are you fucking kidding me?

I mean, yeah, the original is obviously a classic but the sequel was merely average.
>>
>>69327574
Homeland is pretty bad, but the other two are good.
>>
>>69327297
>Directors with bad taste general?
Terence Malick loves the shit out of Zoolander for some reason.
>>
File: puke.jpg (56 KB, 576x379) Image search: [Google]
puke.jpg
56 KB, 576x379
>>69327297
>>69327574
>mr robot
>house of cards
>>
Ever think that a lot of the great directors out there aren't as pessimistic and autistic as us and can actually enjoy schlock? Not everyone is a Marlon Brando.
>>
>"Jim's movie is one of the 20 best movies ever made." -David Fincher

And yet it's not even the best Alien movie. Ridley beat him to it years earlier.
>>
I watched Alien and didn't think too much about it. I loved Aliens.
>>
>>69327199
He's right. There's a reason everyone remembers Aliens and not Alien.
>>
>>69327199
>>69327235
Top 20 is too much, but it is pretty much perfect.
>>
>>69328112
Maybe you should have tried not being a fucking degenerate pleb and actually think about the content you consume.
>>
>>69328057
People with taste like Aliens. Hipsters who think they have taste like Alien.

Ridely Scott is overrated and have been making bad movies all his career.
>>
>>69327767
what a hack. I'm sure he prefers wasting his time playing videgames
>>
>>69328252
I just like movies I enjoy. Alien was boring and didn't have any interesting characters. Aliens was a science fiction masterpiece.
>>
>>69328263
Alien is simply a really well made film.
>>
File: stanley_brakhage.jpg (229 KB, 1796x1139) Image search: [Google]
stanley_brakhage.jpg
229 KB, 1796x1139
Favourite movie was Anaconda.
>>
>>69327767
>I also remember him saying "I'm too busy making movies to watch movies" or some shit

Fucking cop-out excuse. Like "writers" who say they're too busy writing their own stuff to read books. Absolute bullshit and you can't improve creatively if you aren't engaged with works other than your own.
>>
>>69328050
>Not everyone is a Marlon Brando.

What do you mean by this?
>>
>>69328356
>>69328356
Sure it was a really well made but boring and uninteresting slasher flick in space. Doesn't really compare to the science fiction masterpiece that is Aliens though.
>>
File: 1443505892285.jpg (97 KB, 850x565) Image search: [Google]
1443505892285.jpg
97 KB, 850x565
>>69327574
>thinking tv shows arent b grade movies
lol
>>
>>69328591
I guess we shall agree to disagree there, I just think Alien is engaging because it's so well made and drew me in really well.
>>
>>69327235
I honestly thought it was nothing special

But I also watched it very late. Like 7-8 years ago.

anything outstanding in this movie besides giger design?
>>
>>69327297

Michael Mann has abysmal taste.

He's a great director (or was) whose films are terrible (mostly) because he has Michael Bay tier taste. Goddamn.
>>
>>69328496
Asshole who hated the industry he worked in. The stories of him are absolutely hysterical and all, but if you knew him in real life or worked with him I think your opinion would be different. Reality is different than looking back at scenarios.
Many of the boards on 4chan, if not all, turn pessimistic towards their hobby. Spending all day with autists nitpicking and eventually loathing 95% of whatever thing they "enjoy" isn't good. It just makes a bunch of elitists that don't even work in whatever field they are criticizing. There is nothing wrong with liking the majority of films this board despises.
>>
Id be curious to find out what the 90s directors favorite films are (Smith, Tarantino, Rodriguez). Probably some stinkers in there too.
>>
>>69327767

They regularly list and talk about their favorite movies.

The one that stood out to me was Tarantino putting Temple Of Doom in his top 10.

I think Good/Bad/Ugly was his number one.

Tarantino's early lists are hilarious too.
>>
>>69327235
There are exactly zero (0) American movies in the top 20. The best movies ever made are all from foreign directors you probably haven't even heard of you fucking PLEB.

t. shitposter
>>
>Aliens

>Movie that the director even acknowledges has terrible cinematography

Can it really be top 20 with that handicap?
>>
>>69328802
You really don't know what Tarantino's favourite films are? He makes his tastes known in every interview and his lists are everywhere.
>>
>>69328894
Tarantino will always be okay in my book for being a Jack Hill fan
>>
>>69328263
The entire middle of Aliens is a snorefest
>>
>>69328957
Never really read about him much.
>>
>>69328967
What I hate most about Aliens is the characters, they're all obnoxious
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.