[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It seems like people are pretty happy with The Sopranos, The
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: seinfeld.png (25 KB, 128x128) Image search: [Google]
seinfeld.png
25 KB, 128x128
It seems like people are pretty happy with The Sopranos, The Wire, and Mad Men forming the holy TV drama trinity, but what about for TV comedy?

How about Seinfeld, The Simpsons, and Arrested Development?
>>
>>69318804
South Park, Always Sunny, and Curb as well
>>
Seinfeld, Taxi & M*A*S*H

Best ensemble casts ever.
>>
>>69318804
Seinfeld stand up would have been sooooo much better of he put some character and emotion into his act. The jokes are great but he's just so bland and boring
>>
Seinfeld, Sunny, Early and mid Simpsons
>>
>The Wire

kill yoself
>>
>>69318804
Seinfeld
Arrested Development
Curb Your Enthusiasm
>>
Always Sunny, Seinfeld, The Office (US)
>>
>>69318804
Seinfeld is one of them for sure
simpsons and arrested development ended too badly for them to form the trinity
i would like to say Sunny, but it doesn't have the mass appeal
it would probably be seinfeld, the office, and two and a half men, whether any of us like it or not
>>
>>69319412
>Seinfeld
>Curb Your Enthusiasm

Too similar to have both it. They're both certainly up there, but it just isn't fair.

Personally I go with Seinfeld just because it got there first.
>>
>>69319573
If it was based on mass appeal it would be Big Bang Theory, Two and a Half Men and Family Guy.

But it's not based on mass appeal it's based on quality so Two and a Half Men isn't even close
>>
>>69318874
Nah, all 3 of those are hugely inconsistent in their quality. Simpsons shouldn't be on the list either now that it's legacy has been tarnished by the recent seasons.
>>
>>69318804
Seinfeld
Simpsons through Season 7 (would maybe allow 8)
Frasier
>>
>>69319211
He definitely had character, that's why everyone and their grandfather knows him and can do a half decent impression of him. I myself never found him funny though.
>>
File: 3x3comedy.jpg (254 KB, 920x920) Image search: [Google]
3x3comedy.jpg
254 KB, 920x920
American
Animated
British
>>
>>69320082
>it's legacy has been tarnished by the recent seasons.

Not really. People still love to rewatch the old episodes and quote them. They still remain an important, lasting landmark in tv comedy. It's not like the abundant amount of funny, memorable, sometimes even revolutionary episodes have been ruined becuse of the lousy new ones.
>>
>no one has mentioned Newsradio
>13 episodes of Mission Hill is better than The Simpsons
>>
>>69320249
Somewhat agreeable. The earlier seasons will always have a place on the list sure, but as time goes on more and more young people will not go back and watch those episodes, and "The Simpsons" will be associated with currently airing episodes. That's what I meant by a tarnished legacy.
>>
>>69320082
>curb
>inconsistent
I can't think of a bad episode
>>
>no fawlty towers
>no black books

not even british but cmawn.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.