[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why the fuck did this get greenlit?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: alice-poster3.jpg (468 KB, 1028x1500) Image search: [Google]
alice-poster3.jpg
468 KB, 1028x1500
why the fuck did this get greenlit?
>>
Is the Hot Topic demographic really that marketable?
>>
>LE QUIRKY JOHNNY DEPP WEARING MAKEUP MAN
>>
>>69316966
>disney greenlights movies based on the artistic integrity
>>
Money, dough, coin, shekels
>>
Because Disney can just pay off reviewers like they do with every other movie.

THE JUNGLE BOOK 10/10 GREATEST MOVIE EVER MADE RIGHT NEXT TO CITIZEN KANE AND STAR WARS EPISODE 7
>>
>>69316966
made a billion dollars last time
>>
>>69316966
cause it sells a fuck ton of merch
>>
>>69317087
This.

I don't understand why, but it did.
>>
>>69317015
Yes.
In 2011, when this franchise was still cared about.
>>
>>69317070
But the new jungle book was actually ok and had impressive CGI.
You are thinking of SW7 and Captain America Civil War.
>>
Is there a classic franchise that has been more raped by Hollywood than Alice in Wonderland?
>>
Disney has so much money and influence that they can produce whatever they want with impunity.
They even have the reviewers in their pocket.
>>
>>69316966
I really want this to bomb. Not because I hate women like the sizeable r9k cross posters here but because Tim Burton is a hack.
>>
>>69317070
I doubt this one will be well reviewed honestly.
>>
>>69317130
First movie after Avatar to cash in on the 3D craze.
>>
I honestly hope this bombs.
>>
>>69317087
>>69317130
The movie wasnt too bad but it was so stupid at some points.

Like what the hell is a jabberwocky?
>>
>>69317202
>They even have the reviewers in their pocket.
Reminder no proof of this has ever been posted
>>
>>69317340

Well the original animated film was the result of LSD.

Asking what the hell is not really a criticism.
>>
>>69317057
This is the only real answer. The truth is that very little entertainment gets green lit because of love for the art or because it's a genuinely good idea
>>
>>69317480
Then there's something like that huntsman prequel which was a bad idea AND the original wasn't too successful so why do it?
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.