[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do into this show? What are the best episodes and why?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4
How do into this show? What are the best episodes and why?
>>
just watch it nigger
>>
>>69315290
the Shatner one
>>
File: Nick of Time.jpg (24 KB, 400x273) Image search: [Google]
Nick of Time.jpg
24 KB, 400x273
>>69315447
There's a couple of Shatner ones. The other one is underrated.
>>
The greatest TV show of all time?
>>
>>69315290

The Howling Man is great as is The Old Man in the Cave.
>>
>>69315290

Is this one of those shows where people only say it's good because it was good "for the time" but then when you watch it today it sucks?
>>
>>69315290
The first episode is a fine place to start. I prefer to watch it during marathons rather than just going through it. I think most people would agree season 4 is inferior to the others.
>>
>>69315868
"no"
as long as you aren't looking for pew pew splosions
>>
>>69315868
Some are, some aren't. We're so jaded now that we can predict the twist ending of a lot of the episodes, but there are plenty of episodes that hold up. "The Monsters are Due on Maple Street" is a favorite of mine.
>>
What's so good about Nightmare at 20,000 feet?
>>
>>69315868
Nah. There are unremarkable episodes but there's a great many that stand the test of time and the ones that aren't that great are almost all still enjoyable for one reason or another.
>>
>>69315290

The Obsolete Man
Mirror Image
Will the Real Martian Please Stand Up
>>
>>69315986
THERE'S... SOMEONE ON THE WING... SOME, THING.
>>
>>69316997
>The Obsolete Man
Very underrated.
>>
File: twilightzonegameofpool.jpg (131 KB, 400x478) Image search: [Google]
twilightzonegameofpool.jpg
131 KB, 400x478
>>69315290
Just go watch A Game of Pool you fucking shitlord!
>>
>>69315986
It's not that's it's one of the best episodes but it's very beloved because of the general premise an shatner's acting. There are better more thought provoking episodes but it's one of the most iconic of the series
>>
>>69315868
small stories with tight narratives are just good for some reason

fuck we still listen to fairy tales don't we
>>
>>69315868
I wouldn't say so some episodes are kinda hokey but the good ones (which are pretty common in the series) get by on super imaginative ideas and solid writing I'd say it a timeless show
>>
>>69317942

based
>>
>>69317942
>>69319384
watched this on the other day after a thread the night before mentioned it

The ending isn't predictable but you feel like it's the natural one
>>
>>69315868
the twilight zone is split into a few categories that you can apply to every episode.

>rod blatantly preaches to you about something, beating you over the head with his message
>boring, just entirely boring premise with very little entertainment value
>clever, unique episode that holds up today and was very ahead of its time

honestly, i still enjoy a lot of the twilight zone. the preachy episodes are best viewed in a stream with a bunch of other anons who know the show as well.
>>
>>69315290
>underrated-tier

the changing of the guard
one for the angels
>>
>>69319611
> the preachy episodes are best viewed in a stream with a bunch of other anons who know the show as well.

twilight zone stream session when?
>>
It's an obvious choice but "Time Enough At Last" is, hands down, my favorite episode.
Another favorite is "The Invaders".
Lastly, can't remember the title but it's a commercial airline plane that travels through time.
>>
>>69317942
A Game of Pool is easily one of the best ones ever made.

I like the one with the Civil War soldiers too. Can't remember what that one was called, though.
>>
>>69320861
The Odyssey of Flight 33
>>
>>69321025

The one based on Incident at Owl Creek Bridge? Might be the title...
>>
File: scarytz5.png (173 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
scarytz5.png
173 KB, 720x540
>>69315290
>What are the best episodes

To serve man... everybody knows the ending so its lost any surprise shock value.

Eye of the beholder.
The Masks.
Night Call.
>>
Something about the Robot boxer story got to me. I really liked it.

That, and the one about the teacher who tries to kill himself but is saved by his students.
>>
>>69321845
>That, and the one about the teacher who tries to kill himself but is saved by his students
The Changing of the Guard is one of my favorite episodes.
One not commonly mentioned is The Hunt, which is really a fantastic feels train.
>>
Often overlooked but Number 12 Looks Just Like You is one of my favorites.

>They can't understand! They can't understand!
>>
>>69319734
holy fuck PREACH!!
those two are underappreicated as ever!
>>
>>69315868
Some of the acting is definitely dated, but that's more due to the changing expectations of how actors were supposed to perform then. The actual writing is pretty timeless.
>>
>>69321290
"The Passerby." Just looked it up. It's a little hokey, but I like it a lot.
>>
Is there a single good episode from that season of hour long episodes? Literally never talked about.
>>
>>69322863
I think that's mostly because you can't stream that season. I haven't seen any of them, but I've heard Printer's Devil is good.
>>
>>69315290
The Howling Man

And the ending of To Serve Man. I knew it was coming, but goddamn was it unsettling.

And a whole bunch of others I cannot think of right now.
>>
>>69315986
>Monster is a guy in a fluffy suit dancing around in blackface
>Still spooky as all hell

That's why
>>
>>69322863
They're all great and can be torrented. Netflix has made everyone retarded.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.