[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Am I the only one expecting this to bomb? The first one did well
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: alice-through-the-looking-glass.jpg (678 KB, 1382x2048) Image search: [Google]
alice-through-the-looking-glass.jpg
678 KB, 1382x2048
Am I the only one expecting this to bomb? The first one did well but the film was fucking shit, it traded on early 3D novelty, and it's a sequel 6 years after the first which is way too late.
>>
The first one only did well as it was riding off the coat tails and goodwill of Avatars success

I wanna say this will bomb, but Disney seems to have paid off all reviewers and audiences are dumber than ever (see MCU success)
>>
File: ADD Addled.jpg (55 KB, 496x350) Image search: [Google]
ADD Addled.jpg
55 KB, 496x350
>>69313306

it has bright and pretty colors

it'll make 100 million easy
>>
>le Johnny Depp Quirky Makeup Man
>>
>>69313388
But MCU films are perfectly decent PG-13 light action films, whereas the Alice in Wonderland is almost 2 hours of nonsensical bullshit and forced obnoxious wackiness. Alice is legitimately one of the worst films I've ever seen, akin to the most boring acid trip you can imagine.
>>
>Rated PG

This movie is for children...
>>
>>69313306
Holy shit I hate everything about this poster

its fucking triggers me
>>
I've never walked out of a movie in theater but I came real fucking close to just cutting my loss and gtfo.

I was sad that I stayed and saw that stupid ass mad hatter dance.

I will not see this piece of rotting shit.
>>
>>69313306
It reminds me I need to preorder my Mortdecai Criterion edition.
>>
>>69313559
It's legitimately a really, really bad film, not even a meme or a pile-on thing. I watched it thinking it couldn't be THAT bad to deserve its reputation and holy shit.
>>
I was stoked for this when the idea for the first film was announced, but then production photos came out and it looked like garbage. The 1950's animated feature film is darker in tone and better acted.
>>
>>69316217
The idea is fine, but it's not hard to see how it went awry, as it's too easy to to take the concept and flood it with OTT special effects and wacky shit. The film didn't really benefit from playing everything as big as possible either.
>>
>>69313306
The first one is unbelievably awful.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDhFVZwfe3c

What did he mean by this?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.