[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Silicon Valley
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 248
Thread images: 22
>Hey Dinesh, nice chain. Do you choke your mother with it when you put your penis in her butthole?
>>
That and the girl blackmailing them was the funniest thing on the episode
>>
>mfw Based Bighead is back next episode
and fuck action jack. When is Monica gonna do something significant?
>>
Anyone know when the cool jackets will show up?
I'm still debatin whether Richard is retarded or has Peter Parker tier luck.
>>
>>69312332
>When is Monica gonna do something significant?

seriously. do something with her or write her off. they need more characters like jan the man and laurie
>>
>>69310877
This was the funniest line so far in the season
>>
>>69312759
>they need more characters like jan the man and laurie
No they don't you redditor. Laurie is the worst character on the show by a wide margin.
>they replaced Peter Gregory with her
>Her
>>
>>69312969
Peter Gregory was the GOAT, why did the actor have to die FFS
>>
>>69310934
the girl bit wasn't the least bit funny.
>>
>>69310934
The girl bit wasn't funny at all. The mole people scene was way better.
>>
>Richard is obviously wearing kneepads
>he couldn't possibly be so retarded as to take the evidence into the company HQ

They're rusing Action Jack, right? But then again, his reaction to Jared's hilarious joke seemed genuine.
>>
>>69313177
>dat Milton out of fucking nowhere
Best scene. Great episode.

Contrast it with this season of Veep which has been HORRENDOUS
>>
>>69313128
>>69313177

Her scene by itself wasn't good, but the scene directly after with them talking about just losing 20k was great.
>>
>>69313227
The senile eagle made me laugh a couple of times, it's not too bad
>>
>>69313128
>>69313177
The only thing funny about that scene was how they got rid of her so fast.
>>
mfw I'm in love with Monica.
>>
>>69313307
that joke went on entirely too long and it really is just not fun watching dementia played for laughs, especially when that's half of the humor of the episode. I guess that's just a preference of mine.

but then also
>CBS
>CVS
That was total shit too. And while I like Richard I highly dislike what they're doing with his character this season. And I'm getting awfully tired of Gary Cole and the fat guy whose name I always forget. Every other line is some vulgar spiel relating to how old they are.
>>
>>69310934
What was funny about the girl scene?
>>
I was going through the Pied Piper website and it has little bios for the sales team and the guys. Jan shares hobbies with all of the sales team leading me to the conclusion she's a total slut.
>>
that episode ending pissed me off

such contrived autism
>>
Action Jack changes the logo saying that the "snack dick" logo was inappropriate. But the team had already changed that logo to a generic one. Massive plothole?
>>
>>69314340
>they updated the website
I love this show
>>
>>69314418
yeah, pretty big continuity error as they changed the logo to lower case much to Erlich's chagrin.
>>
>>69314340
>sales guys are listed first
>Richard has no bio

topkek
>>
>Its Richard cucks himself episode.... wait
Seriously, I get happy just to get shot down.
>>
>>69314340
>The old Pied Piper “flute player” logo was referencing the fairy-tale character and in no way was meant to suggest a sexual act involving either the mouth or ear of the figure depicted.
>>
>>69314340
Yeah the blog section of the website is fucking hilarious since they are all written by Jared.
>>
>it looks like he's sucking a dick, and has a dick tucked behind his ear for later
>>
I just started watching this show. Why does literally every character have autism?
>>
>>69315022
You've never been around tech workers have you?
>>
>>69315022
Silicon Valley (the place) is arguably the center of the tech world. Guess who works in tech? Nerds are known to fucking autists.
>>
the comedy bang bang episode with richard, gilfoyle, and dinesh was so funny
>>
>>69315288
Only the first one.
>>
>>69315073

No, I have not.

I guess it's fine for realism, but it's kind of unusual for a tv show desu.
>>
>>69314479
LOWER CASE P's. The worst fucking thing they could have done was stick with lowercase P's at least this one is a bit more updated.
>>
>>69315288

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQ8cvPQXth4

>goat phonecall

also scott ruins everything.
>>
>no Hooli subplot

Shit episode.
>>
>>69315584
yeah where the fuck has Gavin Belson been for the past three two episodes? He got one scene in the premier and then nothing. He's my second favorite character after PeterGregory.
>>
>>69315628
I fear Hooli is out. The Nucleus guys and Big Head left. What's there for Gavin to do?
>>
>>69314796
Like a snack dick
>>
>>69315628
he's in the next ep and after that pretty sure hooli is done in the show. the core group opened their own company and big head got lodsa money which is starting a new arc with him and bachman starting a new super incubator. nucleus is dead and the guys that cracked middle out are now at endframe or whatever the other company is.
>>
>>69313193
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Meinertzhagen

>He is frequently credited with a surprise attack known as the Haversack Ruse in October 1917: during the Sinai and Palestine Campaign of the First World War, according to his diary, he let a haversack containing false British battle plans fall into Ottoman military hands, thereby bringing about the British victory in the Battle of Beersheba and Gaza.

It's gotta be a ruse.
>>
>>69315870
but Gavin Belson is the richest man in America. surely he'll be back at some point.
>>
>>69315920
He can't be that rich. He didn't even put radio on the internet.
>>
>>69315872
What a bunch of cheeky cunts.
>>
I wish Russ would come back.
>>
>>69315920
he'll back no doubt, but for now i'd wager he's gone until the finale where they'll do something really crazy like action jack hiring him for something where he ends up being richard's boss again.
>>
>>69315559
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCtzjAxpInY

THOMAS MIDDLEDITCH IMPROV MASTER
>>
Did anyone else get a kick out of seeing Henry Phillips?
>>
>>69313193
>>Richard is obviously wearing kneepads
How the fuck did you notice that?
>>
>>69316387
Probably staring at his dick
>>
>>69316435
HAHA, FAGGOT
>>
Oh please, It was a quick glance if anything
>>
File: IMG_0226.jpg (122 KB, 497x640) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0226.jpg
122 KB, 497x640
>>69316435
>>
>>69313193
>They're rusing Action Jack, right? But then again, his reaction to Jared's hilarious joke seemed genuine.
It's a ruse but Jared's joke wasn't part of the plan.

Jack isn't even calling them into the office about the papers, it's to fire Jared for bullying Dinesh in the workplace.
>>
>>69313353
I want cum on her huge front teeth.
>>
>>69316599
please don't sexualize Monica!
>>
>>69316599

Are her teeth even that big?

Regardless, she's super cute. Would wine & dine & discuss business ventures with.
>>
File: monica.jpg (151 KB, 701x403) Image search: [Google]
monica.jpg
151 KB, 701x403
>>69316678
>>69316780

The second she opens that pouty miniature mouth of hers and the buck teeth show my dick goes to DEFCON 5
>>
>>69313227

well ianucci left veep. apparently he was carrying that shit completely on his back.
>>
>>69316863
>Having a smoker as a waifu

You're literally the fucking worst
>>
>>69316863
or 1 or whatever appropriate level of DEFCON

>>69316909
Not a big smoking fan myself but the dick wants what the dick wants.
>>
>>69316894
yeah but he wasn't there last season either and it wasn't total shit then.
>>
>>69316894
Oh? Well that explains a lot. I wish he went back and did more Malcolm Tucker based shit. Ianucci and Capaldi were the ultimate comedy combo for me.
>>
>>69314340

i don't think that's supposed to mean she's a slut. i think the joke is that she's trying to "out-man" them by listing all of their hobbies when in real life she's probably only into field hockey.
>>
>>69316909
>tfw my ex was a smoker and I constantly worried about her getting lung cancer and dying on me

A huge positive of no longer being together is not having to fret over that shit.
>>
>>69317017

he was still showrunner last season. he stepped down after last season ended.
>>
>this turd of a season

holy shit this has been bad so far.

>hire female writers
>they tank your show

Every time.
>>
Just something to add about the big hairy question mark art thing that's a reference to an actual thing in business, BHAG. It means big hairy audacious goal
>>
>>69317195
Oh well in that case

Wow, he really was carrying the show. It is just not good. And I am really sorry to say it because Veep was a real pleasure when it would come back on. At least I still have Silicon Valley
>>
>>69314340
>Jan shares hobbies with all of the sales team leading me to the conclusion she's a total slut.

are you a neet or just very young with no experience in a work place?
>>
>>69317208
What are you even talking about? This season has been fantastic. Yesterday's episode probably being the most based of them all.

>MC Hamas
>Cypress Halal
>Jared going rogue with buttfucking your mom jokes
>programmers optimizing their own casual conversation (RIGBY)

There's so much concentrated hilarious shit in this show that it should be illegal.
>>
>>69317365
I wish I had as a low threshold for laughter as you
>>
>>69317419
What do you like, then?
>>
File: 1435311119767.png (581 KB, 599x434) Image search: [Google]
1435311119767.png
581 KB, 599x434
>>69317419
>passive-aggressively trying to demean someone for having a broad sense of humor
>>
>>69317535
I wonder if Mr. Comedy Afficionado will ever reveal what the superior comedy he enjoys is. My guess would be no.
>>
>>69317443
The first season. Some of the second.

>>69317619
What a weird thing to post.
>>
>>69317672
It's the exact same show from S01E01 until now. I have no idea what the fuck you on about.
>>
Is Alec Berg still part of the show? He hasn't written or directed any episode this season yet, and he's not listed to do so for the following episodes either
>>
>>69317715
He just wants to seem smart and sophisticated on an anonymous image board
>>
>>69317672

Why watch the show if you're not/rarely enjoying it? The fuck kind of irrational behavior is that?
>>
>>69317715
not really

it's the same story formula but the actual writing is worse
>>
File: lumberjack2016.jpg (137 KB, 822x540) Image search: [Google]
lumberjack2016.jpg
137 KB, 822x540
>>69317672
>i liked the first album but then they sold out maaahhhn
>>
>>69310877
I watched an episode of this yesterday after a GoT stream, and it was shite.
>>
>>69313227
VEEP is unwatchable now
>>
>>69314072
I didn't think the scene was funny until the moment she blackmails them. Then I chuckled.
>>
>>69315872

Everyones missing this it seems. Meinertzhagens Haversack was a deliberate planting of fake plans to distract the enemy from the real plans. This coupled with the Oceans Eleven reference means we're gonna get some big montage sequence at the end going through how they pulled it off.
>>
What the fuck is "a box."
What was so bad about building a box.
Why would Gilfoyle quit over this.
Why didnt they just build the box.
>>
>>69315872
>>69317960
Any plan they could have come up with would have to hinge on Action Jack not getting them arrested, which is dumb as fuck.
>>
>blue vagina btfo the group
>the group gave away the fucking plans anyway

Hope this is a long con. They could just spill the beans on the other group, because when they go to market they'll kill the stupid box idea the marketing guys have.
>>
Fuck that guy in OPs pic is hilarious, anyone remember in Season 1 I think it was when hes running round, sleep deprived, harassing people about a product that guarantees he can find their kids anytime lol, also Amanda Crew
is fuckin hot as fuck.
>>
>Americans think this show is funny or clever
>>
>>69318049

The box is the example of what they shouldnt be building Richard threw the sales people a few episodes ago. Instead of being an open platform the sales guys changed it to a closed box for server farms which isn't what they wanted to make.
>>
>>69317753
>sophisticated for watching a comedy show

huh?
>>69317715
There's been a noticeable dip in quality.

>>69317754

This is a nonsensical post. I liked the first two seasons. How was I supposed to know I wouldn't like the first three episodes of season 3 if I didn't watch them? I know you really want to defend the show but can you at least make use a little bit of logic before you post? If this were the finale and I sat through the entire season complaining the whole way then you would have a good point. As it stands you don't.
>>
>>69318065

Why would they get arrested for it if they get caught the first day they try it? If Jack thinks hes caught the plans before they actually did anything he legally can't do anything other than yell at them.
>>
>>69318049

it's basically just ass backwards. it's something that will only make them money for a few years until the rival company releases the platform and they're company will be obsolete. jack is basically just the opposite of a visionary who just wants to monetize the idea as quickly as possible because he thinks the bubble is about to burst and he doesn't want to wait years until producing actual revenue.
>>
>>69318097
The thing is as americans we all know people exactly like these character. The acting is really spot on. Its more interesting than clever, because these people are actually out there building empires and its interesting to see how inept they are socially
>>
There needs to be more Jin Yang. All of his bits are fucking GOAT.
>>
>>69318049
They explained it in the last episode. The platform they were planning on making would have changed the world, letting people with even the shittiest connections in third world countries download stuff super fast. The box would only help big companies take up slightly less space on their servers.
>>
>>69318191
>He steals the pizza
>>
>>69318159
Conspiracy to commit a crime is punishable, just not nearly as much.
>>
>>69310934
nice bait
>>
>>69318212
>>69318172

This seems really flip floppy.
"richards an ego maniac. Action jackson is a good guy. WAIT. He's a bad guy who doesn't know what he's doing."

Why did they set it up one way and make it another.

I dont really see how it could pan out other than richard eventually splintering off and becoming a leader.
>>
>>69318150
So far all you said is "show a shit". Really hard to defend it against amazing claims like that.

Either give some examples and explain yourself or fuck off.
>>
>>69318150

Are you retarded? Do you suffer from amnesia? Your exact reply was:

>[I enjoyed] the first season. Some of the second.

You liked the first season. You were lukewarm toward the second (but continued to watch). You dislike the third a quarter of the way through it.

You're one dumb motherfucker. You're watching a show that you clearly have fell out of love with just so you can bitch about it on your iPad 3 while shampooing your neckbeard.

Fuck off, you dumb lard.
>>
>>69316094
>hanneman outdoor media
>30k worth of billboards
he's fucking gold
>>
>>69318260

True but Jack isn't going to fire them over something like that as he absolutely still needs them all to actually build "the box".
>>
>>69318289

They never set up Jack as a "good guy", just a really good CEO and as far as the show goes he is so far a god CEO. He's monitized the product quickly.
>>
>>69318289
Jack knows what he's doing, but his motivations are different from Richard's. Pied Piper isn't his baby, so he'd rather get some quick money out of it than build something permanent.
>>
>>69318417
So what do you thinks going to happen now?
>>
>>69318289

i don't think jack was ever a good guy, he was manipulating richard and erlich into doing what he wanted. he is a shrewd businessman who doesn't give two shits about pied piper because he's just a hired gun. he doesn't care about the long-term future of the company or changing the world. he just wants to make as much money as possible as quickly as possible, even if it means the company is obsolete in 5 years.
>>
>>69316863
>fall in love with a qt
>she turns out to be Canadian
every time.

Why are Canadians so qt bros?
>>
>>69318487
When Richard got funding from Raviga, he specifically asked that their board seat go to Monica. Even after Russ gets bought out, Monica + Richard + Erlich control a majority of PP's board. I suspect that this will be important later.
>>
>>69318656
Monica is employed by Raviga however, so if she votes against Laurie they'll just pause the meeting, fire Monica, appoint someone else.
>>
>>69318814

yeah, i was just about to post this. monica really doesn't have any power. if she ever goes against laurie she'll just be replaced by somebody else that will vote with her.
>>
>>69318814

Yeah even though Monica is on the board it's only as part of Raviga. The board is Raviga x3 + Richard & Erlich.
>>
>>69314418
>But the team had already changed that logo to a generic one. Massive plothole?
They had a ton of schwag printed fairly recently with the old logo so that's probably what Action Jack saw when he was onboarded.
>>
>>69316243
Obama running around starting fires in the sudan XD
>>
>>69318814
>>69318886
Her seat might have some contractual protection, but considering that the contract was written by Raviga lawyers it's unlikely.
>>
>>69318289
Having your ego bruised and reacting badly is not the same as being an egomaniac.
>>
>>69316243
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5w3gLkfqfc
MASTAAA
>>
>>69310877
>that shit fucking sales guy who immediately takes the skunkworks document to the ceo.

What a fucking douche
>>
>>69318416
Short term maybe but he seems incredibly retarded as a long term CEO.
>>
>>69319272
I don't know where you get off examining a document in detail just because someone tripped and dropped it in front of you. Or interrupting a CEO during a conference to tattle like a 8-year old.
>>
>>69319272
>he's the only one who knows about the skunkworks so jack will have to fire him in order keep the ruse that jack's still in charge alive
>>
>>69319272
Worst writing on the series.
There was zero story development showing that these guys dislike and distrust richard enough, who was the former CEO of the company, to just look through his shit right after he falls.
>>
>>69319272
To be fair they were autistic enough to make a chart with Skunkworks in big letters at the top.
>>
>>69319411
He wasn't looking through it, he was helping him pick it up. Then Richard started acting extremely suspicious.
>>
>>69317883
> not watching it for Richard https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLIxmVdb1Q4

thank god he has a larger role this season
>>
>>69319411
The Sales team are obviously in it for the short term money they don't have the smallest amount of faith in Pied Piper they just took the job for the money, they think that the PP BOX is easier to sell and it is for them.. if they went with the free to use system Richard wanted the Sales team would be making less money..

the idea of pied piper is to roll it out for free like facebook and have less staff seeing as they had more than 5 people on sales leaching money out of the company it is better for them to take the easier job killing pied piper and moving on to the next company they can kill..
>>
>>69319367
>>69319411
This triggered me to high heavens. The sales guy analyzed what he saw for less than 5 seconds and without any hesitation he just took off and run to Action Jack? What the fuck?
>>
File: 1461619352631.jpg (49 KB, 333x255) Image search: [Google]
1461619352631.jpg
49 KB, 333x255
What the hell was with that segment where richard talked to monica, and richard turns his head for the hair ?.

He doesn't actually move his mouth, but someone who sounds sort of like him just dubs over that spot, why?
>>
File: matrix.webm (2 MB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
matrix.webm
2 MB, 640x640
>>69310934
The girl bit wasn't funny at all you are just glad she won't return.

The funniest thing was when Erlich pretended he knew what Jared was talking about and just wanted him to explain it for the others.

The green screen at the beginning and the ending were lazy as fuck.
>>
>>69318260
Planning do dick around at work isnt a crime or half my coworkers would be in jail
>>
File: the-matrix-whoa.jpg (12 KB, 313x233) Image search: [Google]
the-matrix-whoa.jpg
12 KB, 313x233
>>69319658
>those tits
>>
>>69319333

In the real life Silicon Valley has there been any CEO that's lasted more than 5 years? When he went on about the bunch of different companies hes lead to success its clear hes someone that does well profit wise for a few years then the company either dies or gets bought out.
>>
>>69319658
i was gonna say when the timelapse is going on and Erlich is just on the couch lighting up, eating pizza, and yelling at jin yang
>>
>>69315288
Thomas Middleditch might be the greatest CBB guest, never a bad appearance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCtzjAxpInY
>>
>>69319631
Noticed that too, my guess was they wrote something else but had a suspicion they'd want to rewrite the line later. Maybe some Mexican joke.
>>
>>69315559
It must be hard to have a perfect chink impression and never being able to use it.

>I like it because it hip and cool
>>
File: Why are you waking me up Anon.webm (3 MB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
Why are you waking me up Anon.webm
3 MB, 640x640
>>69319796
For some reason I also had to laugh when Monica was talking about the monstrosity outside her window and Richard though she was talking about the older Mexican guy calling him a little ugly.
>>
Jared's Django Unchained joke made me laugh out loud
>>
>>69319795
This. Richard thinks of the company as a means to get the Pied Pieper product out there and making the world a better place. He only wants the company to grow and make money so it can make more and more products to help people.

Jack is a businessman. Bottom line, all he cares about is profits. Pied Piper, Richard's algorithm, all just a way to increase stocks.

It's the main conflict of the show; Richard's naive, idealistic attempts to use Pied Piper for the betterment of mankind vs the cruel, greedy, cynical reality of the tech industry
>>
>>69319631
He does move his mouth he was just saying something different.
Then the actor dubbed it over.
>>
>>69320009

That and Ocean's 11 being a movie about "Julia Roberts and 11 men" was also great. Jared had some quality lines this episode.
>>
>>69318172
>tfw he is right
>>
>>69320016
But at this point they are just making what Belson would have made.
So at this point Raviga was a mistake.
If he went with Nucleus he would at least be rich.
>>
>>69320302
Not as rich as Big head
>>
>>69320372
10 million is better than nothing. And Big Head wouldn't have gotten shit if Richard went with Nucleus
>>
>tfw you'll never score big like bighead
>>
File: MOGW87R.png (858 KB, 4520x6128) Image search: [Google]
MOGW87R.png
858 KB, 4520x6128
tfw build platform guise
>>
>>69313402
Richard is hilarious based entirely on his facial expressions. His "happy during dead air" face is GOAT.
>>
>>69320867
BAZINGA
>>
What that the Asian from Elders React?
>>
>>69320728
Came here to say the same.
>I'll never just stumble into ridiculous success and absurd amounts of money for no reason
>>
>>69317419
some tech fags come here every week and won't stop jerking off to how well they think it nails le nerdy tech culture
>>
>>69320943
Can't stumble when all you do it sit
>>
>>69320943
To be fair he was still a competent coder he was just not as good as Richard
>>
>>69313086
O thats what happened. dam shame.
>>
>>69321002
His success has nothing to do with his ability to code. Having the job initially had something to with skill, but he just had a series of events go incredibly in his favor.
>>
>>69319587
The retards wrote "skunkworks" at the top.
>>
>>69321098
thats not what he was saying you dumb fucking faggot
>>
>>69321098
He steal spent years learning how to code his success was dumb luck combined with enough skill to land a job at a company as big as google.
>>
File: file.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
file.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
I bet you stupid faggots didn't even check this guys nametag and realize how long he's been working there
>>
hey le nerdy tech fags how come the server farm they were in wasn't cold?
>>
>>69321477
His photo appears to be a police sketch.
>>
File: file.png (175 KB, 485x548) Image search: [Google]
file.png
175 KB, 485x548
>>69321551
Nah he's just been there since he was in his 20s.
>>
>>69321523
because it was a green screened set and not an actual datacenter.
>>
>>69321477
somebody caught it in the sunday night thread too.
>>
File: henry.png (381 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
henry.png
381 KB, 512x512
>>69316381
I was so excited! Is this his big break!?!?!
>>
>>69321477
why doesn't he just wear the whole milk carton
>>
>>69321620
They could've just acted cold.
>>
>>69321645
Oh. I just watched it.
>>
>>69321772
Oh.
>>
File: file.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
file.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>69321853
w-well did you notice that was on leap day? I'm just rewatching it now and the thread needs a bump.
>>
>>69322186
Jesus christ I tried reading it without zooming in and I thought it said February not Wednesday. Shamefur dispray.
>>
>>69322186
>>69322221
29th falls on Wednesday in June. You get one more re-roll.
>>
>>69321737
Why? Nobody cares, nerd.
>>
>>69322254
all I got is a lame pun dealing with skunkworks and if anyone "catches wind" of it
>>
>>69322285
Rude
>>
File: Poison - Bell Biv Devoe.jpg (2 MB, 1830x1830) Image search: [Google]
Poison - Bell Biv Devoe.jpg
2 MB, 1830x1830
https://youtu.be/6vY7S6iwwlQ
>>
>>69313227
I had to go back and watch that scene again because I thought you meant Milton from Office Space. That was written by Mike Judge too right?
>>
>>69320902
https://u.teknik.io/0HChH.webm
>>
>>69319658
sars
>>
>>69319658

WHO
>>
>>69323592
SUCH LUST FOR SAUCE
>>
>>69319658

M Y D I C K
>>
>>69318087
Jared and gilfoyle are the best characters. I knew someone in college who just parallels Jared in everyway and it is fucking hilarious.
>>
>>69319411
I think the writers want you to see them as just talking heads. Dumbasses.
>>
File: 1462132627770.jpg (170 KB, 600x865) Image search: [Google]
1462132627770.jpg
170 KB, 600x865
>>69310877
just watched this

one of the best half hours I've spent in a long time

Holy shit do people not like this show?
>>
>>69324280
Normies hate all Mike Judge productions other than Beavis & Butthead. Normies need constant boner / poop jokes or a laugh track.
>>
Mr. Moleman, I'm server farm.
>>
>>69319960
That scene felt a bit forced for me.
>>
>>69325645
Kek
>>
>>69325507
It's more like normies don't want to watch strange people. They want shows about incredibly competent people who always get the job done and find love and make witty remarks
>>
>>69325996
t. le ebin tech fag
>>
>>69324008
This.

Some people are just asslickers
>>
>>69323592
>>69323680
>>69323840
dutchdameofficial on instagram
>>
>>69326037
Are you calling me a fag? I'm not a fag. You're the fag.
>>
File: 1462666195882.gif (1001 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1462666195882.gif
1001 KB, 640x480
>>69325645

I went to the kitchen to grab a drink when I heard his voice. Ran back in and lol'd that henry was in it
>>
Any one else here an engineer in silicon valley who can't enjoy this show because it hits to close to home? I only watched two episodes. Does it get more light hearted?
>>
>>69310934
>tfw genuinely wanted Carla back and got excited
Yeah I know you guys are gonna hate me but I like her.
>>69315872
Yeah this is what I'm thinking. What better way to get Jack to think they're not gonna try shit then to "get caught" with "plans" to try shit?
>>
>>69326518
Nah come on broski you know you have a Gilfoyle and a Dinesh at work and it's just so funny to watch them be on the screen. I'm so Gilfoyle
>>
>>69315559
Such a good episode, it's too bad Thomas Middleditch missed so much of it while he was out hunting turds
>>
Is episode 3 up somewhere?
>>
>>69327241
Yeah. It's on the internet.
>>
>>69327241
>>69327377
I got it onDemand
>>
>>69327241
Kat
>>
>>69326518
I am an engineer in san jose and this show is hilarious. Stop taking it so fucking seriously.
>>
I thought OP was memeing and was expecting the post to contain "Jesus christ Raimi", but then I remembered that actually happened in the episode
>>
>>
>>69328240
Erlich always has the most disgusting bong water
>>
>>69327120

Wish they had Zach Woods there.

This is a decent podcast of his. Cant find muhc of his on youtube

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fe-V-ztn_5s
>>
File: foreigners.png (508 KB, 683x383) Image search: [Google]
foreigners.png
508 KB, 683x383
>mfw he's half black and a foreigner

That explains the plothole of why he steals data.
>>
>>69328669

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jarTQclFkGw

Nother good little bit.
>>
>>69328477
>>69328240
Can you imagine if he had just one instead of like... four in that webm?
>>
>>69328693
i need to go back and count all the different ones through the episodes. I feel like it's atleast 8+
>>
>>69321477
worked at a server farm when I was much younger. A guy just like this worked there and this is the older version of him. I don't really get how they nail these personalities so well.
>>
>>69328869

Mike Judge use to work as an engineering in Silicon Valley when younger before witting TV. Plus he consults with people in that field about what it's like. Best example he said imo was the dick jerk algorithm in season 1. he had Standford math professors and doctors work on it.
>>
>>69328869
>>69328962
dude holy shit its like just at my work oh my god way too close to home
>>
>>69328869
Mike judge (and his collaborators) has an amazing eye for picking up on archetypes like these. In interviews even from the mid 90s it's clear that he has always been able to pinpoint the strangest quirks that people can have.

Combine that with a well rounded background and a few years of experience in the field it probably just comes naturally to him at this point
>>
>>69328962
>Best example he said
Link
>>
>>69329246
do you really care about things that Stanford did? Its a college full of rich and smart kids that think they're special snowflakes so they waste their time being complete faggots because they think its hilarious that they're wasting money to do it
>>
>>69329343
No I mean him talking about his show and cool behind the scenes stuff.
>>
>>69329343
Can you say that again but have it make sense?
>>
>>69329381
in that case I imagine he's mostly talking about the extra shorts and stuff that HBO gives

>>69329390
tl:dr stanford is old tumblr in the real world. not the new /pol/ boogeyman tumblr but the old haha XD randumm one
>>
>>69329488
I want to politely ask you to go to bed, not in a condescending way but I feel like you need to rest
>>
>>69329488
Are you OK?
>>
What's your favourite joke in the series? Mine is probably the threesome
>>
>>69325507
normies fucking love office space and KoTH what the fuck are you talking about. They love SV also you dumb fucking nerd.
>>
>>69329520
>>69329531
acting like idiots doesn't make my point any less valid. look up their band and all that shit. you guys get so defensive about this show that me making fun of a college has you so upset that you respond to me every time without delay.

they're largely known for being rich kids that fuck around and it pisses some people off because they would be taking more advantage of all that stanford has to offer. sorry you like them and you can't take criticism.
>>
>>69329677
I don't give a shit about Stanford. Your weird quasi-stream of consciousness bout has me and the other guy concerned.
>>
>>69329757
so now you're talking for him? you seem like a huge faggot and I don't give a shit if you're concerned about me
>>
>>69328240
That paper in the top left of the board is the one that spills out of his handy haversack and gets brought to Yankton.
>>
>>69310877
suck my dick
>>
>>69329670
No laugh track for your post, how do you know it's funny or worthwhile?
>>
>>69315559
scott is amazing
>>
>>69329869
Epic
>>
>>69330091
so you have nothing left to do but downvote my post how cute. be sure to take the online test tomorrow of which character are you
>>
>>69330154
I'm joe mama
>>
does anybody else get erect when the show all the hardware these guys get to play with? gilfoyle has that setup at the office with like 8 dell ultrasharp panels all mounted together and last year when they built that platform server in the garage.
>>
>>69330432

Looks like my battlestation
>>
>>69330555
Does it get your dick hard
>>
>>69329561
this guy fucks
>>
Does anyone actually laugh at this show? Like, yeah, the premise is cool, and the characters are there, but the writing is just SO fucking bad.

It's just so fucking far from funny.
>>
>>69331154
yes
>>
>>69329966
Nice object recognition! We're all proud of you :)
>>
File: silicon valley jerk algorithm.png (1 MB, 1423x782) Image search: [Google]
silicon valley jerk algorithm.png
1 MB, 1423x782
>>69329561
jerk algorithm
Thread replies: 248
Thread images: 22

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.