[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
imgur.com/a/DIdY8 Why was this so hard to understand? Why
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 15
File: bruce-crypt.jpg (69 KB, 1000x407) Image search: [Google]
bruce-crypt.jpg
69 KB, 1000x407
imgur.com/a/DIdY8

Why was this so hard to
understand? Why are modern audiences so fucking dumb?
>>
suck my cock bruh
>>
They don't have autism.
>>
>>69304352

/thread
>>
I understand it. It's still retarded. Fuck off snyder
>>
Snyder is the new pottery-man
>>
That doesn't excuse a shitty flick being a shitty flick.
>>
>>69304300
The problem with it was that it was all contrived for future films, in the cinema, I WANT IT NOW, NOT TOMORROW, NOT 2 YEARS FROM NOW, I WANT TO SEE IT NOW.

Batman Vs Superman was like watching one enormously long trailer with a cameo from Superman.
>>
>>69304300
I understand, it's nice and all that, but that pic is pretty fucking cringey.
>>
File: 1342384299232734.jpg (482 KB, 1408x3332) Image search: [Google]
1342384299232734.jpg
482 KB, 1408x3332
>>69304300

Your link sums it up pretty well. People want to be spoonfed.
>>
I know what he was trying to do, but I don't like it.

There, I said it.
Your cinematic IQ must be shot to shit if you think we should applaud gimmicky writing and terrible execution.
>>
>Why was this so hard to understand?

The problem here is you think that people who didn't like it didn't get it.
>>
>>69304659
>More petty company wars shit
I'd love to know the IQ of the person who made this image
>>
Capeshit films are not the vehicle for fucking deep shit.

if you need to look that deep to find coherency in the fucking bullshit that was BvS then it isn't a good film. 2deep4u? Maybe (HAH) but it isn't a GOOD film.
>>
The scene also works at a tragic level, even Nietzsche would agree.
>>69128743

> I wanted to really dig into everything from ideas about American power to the structure of revenge tragedies to the huge canon of DC Comics to Amazon mythology.

http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2016/03/11/inside-chris-terrios-vision-for-batman-superman-and-justice-league/
>>
>>69305119
>IT'S DEEP YOU JUST DON'T GET IT

Why doesn't he write something original instead of taking something which has about as much depth as a puddle and trying to make it a lake?
>>
>I bet your parents said you were here for a reason. My parents told a different lesson, the world only makes sense if you force it to.
>WOW! Your mommy is named Martha? That changes everything!
>>
Okay. Sure. Whatever.

Why did Supes say his mom's name?

Who does that?
>>
>>69304964
Well if you had a higher IQ you would deduct it
>>
>>69304300
this movie fucking sucked.

Marvel is king, DC will never catch up
>>
>>69305445
Well I though that
He should have said save my mom
but he though he was going to die
SO he should have said 'Save Martha Kent' to leave more clues
>>
File: 1462736903328[1].jpg (294 KB, 1500x938) Image search: [Google]
1462736903328[1].jpg
294 KB, 1500x938
http://www.thegekdom.com/home/2016/4/30/a-thesis-on-batman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice

>Zack Snyder and WB fully knew they are going to alienate some moviegoers and critics by having a subtle narrative disguised as a superhero action movie because there will be some plot elements which might fly over the heads of some people and as a result they might not understand the story in its entirety (The Martha moment being the best example) .

>Secondly, this movie has a postmodern (deconstructive) narrative and this kind of narrative is meant to challenge our preconceived notions, beliefs, ideas and way of thinking. So, automatically a postmodern movie tends to be controversial by its nature but they took the risks and this shows their commitment towards the DC property.
>>
File: peach tea.jpg (58 KB, 640x326) Image search: [Google]
peach tea.jpg
58 KB, 640x326
None of the plebs in this thread seem to understand the amazing satanic/pagan undertones of Luthors scenes.

Most obviously he constantly talks about biblical events as if they are happening right now. Gods/Demons he speaks that as if they are interchangeable. He even calls Supermans mom a Witch. His monologue their was great.

The part I first realized this was his blood ritual with Zods body. The scene was shown as some super space tech that changes zod but it was truly a horrific ritual basically taking ones soul.

He literally does a sci fi style Séance in the deleted scene communinicating with a demon like general from apocolpyes https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-MUzvASr8s

I love this mess of a movie. It’s Faustian in so many ways and the demonic imagery reminds me of Childhood's End a wonderful novel if you don't know of it. The aliens in it are depicted as what western society views Devils, they even use a Ouija board to communicate. Creepy great stuff.
>>
>>69304877
Fucking this, no more shitty godawful BvS "discussion", we're done here. /thread
>>
File: flat,800x800,075,f.jpg (99 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
flat,800x800,075,f.jpg
99 KB, 600x800
>>69305502
Deduce mine
>>
Can't wait to watch this again when the blu-ray is out.
>>
>>69305584
>fully knew
>some moviegoers and critics

27%
>>
>>69305618
I admire your copy and paste skills, but any film can be analysed like this, whether it's shit or not. Why don't you direct your analytical skills towards something that's actually worth it?
>>
>>69305743

batman will always be worth it
>>
>>69304300
>modern audiences
Audiences have always been dumb.

Here's a great thought for you OP - the people on 4chan are literally amongst the best educated people on the planet, and I'm guessing that 4chin gets people who are at least close to average up through to above average intelligence. (Basically, we lose out the people who say 'what, you mean I have to type sentences?)

In that context, look at /tv/ on any given night, and imagine what the rest of the people in the world must be like.
>>
>all these truisms
Everyone understood that.

Still silly
Still badly written
Still schlock.
>>
>>69305844
>In that context, look at /tv/ on any given night, and imagine what the rest of the people in the world must be like.
We're even more fucked than I thought.
>>
>>69304300
You can understand the plot and understand the "lol so deep metaphors" and still think a movie is shit. Especially when it tries so fucking hard to be edgy like that. It's a fucking comic book movie, it doesn't need to be taken so seriously. Snyder just wants to pull a Nolan but even Nolan's movies weren't trying to be deep, they were just action movies.
>>
>>69305844
There are a lot retards on 4chan anon. Lots of smart people, but plenty of dumbasses too. I have no doubt about that.
>>
>>69305844
Well now I wanna shoot myself.
Thanks anon.
>>
File: 1361623564104.jpg (3 KB, 124x127) Image search: [Google]
1361623564104.jpg
3 KB, 124x127
>>69305844
shit
>>
>>69305844
Not true.

We are all retarded.
Just because someone doesn't want to waste his time typing sentences doesn't mean they are not smarter than this shithole.
>>
>>69305445
>>69305574
He did say Martha Kent

>Left foot on Superman's throat
>Batman going for a kill, leans back, rises the spear, his weight shifts to his right foot
>Close up of Superman with boot to throat "You're letting him kill Martha-"
>Change to Batman lowering the spear, the weight of the left boot goes back to crushing Superman's throat."-K-f, kff-"
>Change to Superman "-ent".

Barely audible and ends with a grunt.
>>
>>69304749
>affleck gives the best performance in capeshit
>terrible execution
>>
>IT'S ACTALLY REALLY DEEP UG UISE

Any film. Literally ANY FILM. Can be analysed like people are doing to BvS. Just cause you can mash together some vague shit and try and drag out the "genius" behind it, does not make the film good.

Just because it's 'deep' does not make it good.
>>
>>69304300
Can you not post this reddit link?
>>
>>69306684
It's not deep, they literally slapped a flashback in your face.
Do you have the IQ of negative digit?
>>
>>69306743
Did you take my humour chevron sentence seriously? Do you not know what quotation marks are?
>>
>>69304300
that's awfully contrived

I miss movies like Die Hard 1 where the plot's simple to understand so that the audience can focus on the action, fun, quips and tension.

Modern superhero movies are just awful because while they still have the action and shit, they just drown it out with non-important stuff that most people don't actually care about.
>>
>>69304300
I understood it. It was extremely stupid and on the nose. Not to mention that the fight wouldn't have even happened if Clark had just swallowed his pride and told Bruce what was going on. Hell, he could have done that in the middle of the fight.

And who calls their mom by their first name anyway? Just say
>Lex Luthor has my mother
Or
>Lex has my mom
Or
>Lex got my momma
>>
File: White Portuguese.png (598 KB, 1280x532) Image search: [Google]
White Portuguese.png
598 KB, 1280x532
What did they mean by that?
>>
>>69307040
>>69306295
>>
>>69307048
shieeet
>>
>>69307127
That's also forced as fuck. Tell him he's got your mom.
>>
>>69307040
>And who calls their mom by their first name anyway
I have a pair of cousins who do that - it's really fucking odd.
>>
>>69307048
It's the Noah's ship. Lex sees it as a ship of salvation that would keep all the people on earth alive by carrying a Kryptonite in it to kill Superman.
>>
>>69307198
People who do normally hate their moms.
>>
File: 1450179119403[1].png (357 KB, 397x402) Image search: [Google]
1450179119403[1].png
357 KB, 397x402
>>69307209
good
>>
>>69307209
Great, whatever. You're pulling these out of your ass.
>>
>>69307219
Shitty - she's a nice aunt
>>
>>69307311
Your cousins are probably just being edgelords, don't worry about it.
>>
File: spurdo thumbs up.png (68 KB, 800x750) Image search: [Google]
spurdo thumbs up.png
68 KB, 800x750
>NOTHING IN THIS MOVIE MAKES SENSE
>actually it does, here's an explanation
>WOW YOU THINK IT'S DEEP OR SOMETHING WHAT A RETARD
>>
>>69304352
>>69304420
>>69304454
>>
>>69305844
>Japanese cartoon discussion forum
>Smartest people in the world

No
>>
>>69307350
But it doesn't. You could explain ANY 'doesn't make sense' film with convoluted explanations referencing theology and philosophy in order to make it seem deeper or more complex.

It's just poorly done and even if it wasn't, you don't do it in a fucking capeshit film. I don't want that in capeshit films. Especially when there is only 15 mins of actual BvS fighting.
>>
>>69307350
It's not deep though. It's a movie I might have written when I was fifteen being made by supposed adults.
>>
>>69307177
And then what? How would it play out according to you? Why would Batman want to help save somebody whom he would assume to be another alien being?

>I bet your parents taught you, that you mean something. That you're here for a reason.
>>
File: 1394817637867.png (1002 KB, 655x745) Image search: [Google]
1394817637867.png
1002 KB, 655x745
>>69304300
>Why are modern audiences so fucking dumb?
I agree fellow scholar and gentle-sir!
>>
>>69307495
>he would assume to be another alien being
How the fuck would Lex Luthor manage to kidnap a Kryptonian? And even if he could, why would he kidnap her instead of killing her? And why would he go after her at all? What the fuck has she done? Superman is the threat.

How stupid do you think Batman is?
>>
What is it with DCucks and defending trash?

A real fanbase would be demanding Snyder's firing.
>>
>>69307481
>a good portion of the viewerbase watch the film and love it
>manchild reviewers used to marel shit watch it and get mad
>retard masses watch it and can't follow the plot so they claim it doesn't make sense
>people who understood it explain it
>retard masses say their explanation seems like projecting and wasn't really in the film
>people then go out of their way to show it was in the film and is actually symbolically linked and serving as a grand metaphor
>retard masses say its horribly contrived and pretentious for pretending something so overt was deep - with no irony

Just admit you're an idiot
>>
>>69304300
did it have to have all that slow motion though?
>>
>>69307481
>>69307483
My point is that yes, it's not deep, the themes are blindingly obvious. There is indeed some contrived stuff and it's not some masterpiece of the medium, but I think it's a very interesting film and engaged me much more than any other capeshit.

>I don't want that in capeshit films. Especially when there is only 15 mins of actual BvS fighting.
I think this is exemplative of the huge divide in opinions. People who like superheroes hated this film almost unanimously. But as someone who generally dislikes superheroes I thought it was great.
>>
>>69307040
>And who calls their mom by their first name anyway?

I have a friend who does that. When asked, he said "since I was young, that's what I heard everyone else around me call her, I guess that's why I just picked it up".

You'd think this would much more common.
>>
File: file.png (432 KB, 985x489) Image search: [Google]
file.png
432 KB, 985x489
Did he? Really?!
>>
>>69308213
>Granny's peach tea
Sounds like a strain of weed desu senpai
>>
>>69304300
Because it's not spelled out through quips and expositions.

You can't ask modern audiences to think on their own. Gotta spell it out.
>>
>>69307732
Nowhere, in that post, did I say I disliked the film. I just said it's not the place to do shit on theology and philosphy when 99% of the fucking viewerbase isn't going to get shit. Those that do, have "SEE SEE LOOK THIS IS SUPERMAN IN A CHURCH AND THE WHOLE LEFT SIDE OF THE SCREEN HAS JESUS PRAYING TO GOD FOR STRENGTH/REDEMPTION!!! THIS IS A METAPHOR FOR SUPERMAN XD"

Fuck off. Either do it properly or don't do it at all.

Look at Captain America. There is a scene of Red Skull in his evil lair. For 2 seconds, you have a scene looking out his viewport window. In the background, you see a mountain + clouds which together combine to form a skull.

This can be missed first time. Or 2nd time. It isn't some big metaphor, but it's how it's 'detail' and not rubbed in my face.

Marvel creation films (as in, both FOX owned and MCU) aren't deep, but there is lots of small bits and bobs which add to the scene if you care to look for them. BvS felt like Synder went "I want these themes in, but if people miss them, they'll be shit or won't make sense". Maybe the 4 hour BluRay cut will fix the problem.

But BvS was a film where they're trying to set up 4 upcoming films in. While MCU did Iron Man, Iron Man 2, Thor, Hulk and Captain American BEFORE Avengers Assemble AND gave both Black Widow (Hulk or Iron Man 2, forget which) and Not!GreenArrow (Thor) before hand. Setting it up so you know them. Fury was in Iron Man as well.

they took t heir time. Perhaps, as I said, the 4 hour cut will make it better, but to me, it was rushed and felt like the suits demanded X Y Z to be mentioned making Synders attempts are complexity or depth look pathetic.
>>
>>69308213
And the same people who say BvS is a work of art think that GoT went to shit when Pycelle farts.
>>
>>69308280
You're right, it's literally impossible for a film to establish more than two characters.
>>
>>69308488
Never said that. BvS did it pathetically instead of actually giving them more than 5 mins screen time.
>>
>>69304300
Everybody understands what it's supposed to mean you retard. It's just that it was executed in such a haphazardly stupid way. Whoever took the time to make that image thinking they were being informative or insightful is truly a retarded autist.
>>
>>69307040
>the fight

I hate this meme so much. There is no such thing as a "fight" between Batman and Superman. This isnt some comic book where Batman pulls out kryptonite boxing gloves and they duke it out or some shit.

The fight could have been avoided???? What the hell are you talking about!! To Superman, the idea of a "fight" with a normal human like Batman is so completely outside the range of possibility that the idea should be from Krypton. There is NOTHING Batman could do that would threaten Superman.

Superman did not instigate any fight because no fight could be had without kryptonite, which Superman had no knowledge of. Him pushing around Batman is NOT starting a fight. As soon as the kryptonite broke out, it was literally a battle for survival by Superman. On Batman's end, this was no fucking FIGHT like out your juvenile fucking comic book! He was going to ASSASSINATE Superman not fucking fight him! Oh why didn't Superman explain his side of things and try to calm down Barman in the middle of his own fucking battle for self-defense against a goddamn assassin making him feel powerless for the first time in his life.

Why cant we just we get muh comic Supes who smiles as Batman tries to murder him
>>
>>69308488
This

Capeshit is its own genre after all. Those spiderman movies sucked because they had too many villains, not because they were awfully written! An ensemble film, what the hell are you talking about!

Good thing Disney is.making that Han solo movie, now I can finally watch Star Wars without being confused!
>>
>>69309085
>not because they were awfully written
but anon, ASM 1 and 2 were both awfully written
>>
>>69308573
back to marvel general you faggot
>>
>>69309479

>muh dc safe space

HAHAAHAAHAHAHAHA
>>
Having the anti-life equation, alt-universe stuff, and time travel in the very first Justice League movie, was pretty goddamn ballsy.

I hope it lives long enough to pay off.
>>
File: file.png (838 KB, 1245x526) Image search: [Google]
file.png
838 KB, 1245x526
Martha was gang raped by Lex's goons.
>>
>>69304300
>imgur.com/a/DIdY8
Nobody doesn't get your reddit maymay. The thing that's baffling to people is how they thought that was the best way to tell the story.
>>
>>69309162
Lrn2read
>>
>69304300
the execution was fucking shit.
>>
File: 1442897505331.png (309 KB, 504x398) Image search: [Google]
1442897505331.png
309 KB, 504x398
>>69304300
>someone took the time to make this
>someone thought they had to explain this easily understandable shit
>someone thinks the explanation makes bvs good

dcucks need to be gassed
>>
File: 1462829105423[1].jpg (1 MB, 3293x2618) Image search: [Google]
1462829105423[1].jpg
1 MB, 3293x2618
true kino
>>
>>69311892
pretty good
>>
>>69311892
Is this the age of pisskino?
Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.