[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Hey, let me take a short and simple movie that only needs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: king-kong-poster-min.jpg (298 KB, 1027x1451) Image search: [Google]
king-kong-poster-min.jpg
298 KB, 1027x1451
>Hey, let me take a short and simple movie that only needs as little over 90 minutes to tell its story and expand it into a 3 hour CGI shitfest (three hours and twenty minutes for the extended cut) with terrible casting like Jack Black who is completely out of his depth and just out of place

What an extravagant piece of shit

BRAVA HACKSON

BRAVA
>>
>BRAVA
Peter Jackson is male, so the correct usage would be bravo.
>>
File: 39839.jpg (47 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
39839.jpg
47 KB, 600x300
>>69303080

>he didn't like the bug pit scene
>>
File: 1454899633279.jpg (57 KB, 948x711) Image search: [Google]
1454899633279.jpg
57 KB, 948x711
>>69303231
DON'T TALK ABOUT THAT
>>
>>69303080
I can see Jackson in his rooms writing:

>fighting of a Tyrannosaur? Not EPIC enough, make it three of them!
>And the fight just goes on, and on!
>And he keeps fighting back no matter how many bites and hits he takes!
>Godzilla ain't got shit on this chimp's endurance!
>People will love this with all that pure, unadulterated, badassness
>>
>>69303231
Dragged out

I can see why cooper cut it out of the original
>>
>>69303121
>Peter Jackson is male

For now
>>
>>69303080
>2 hours on a boat with Adrian Brody
>>
>>69303080
>Not liking PJ's King Kong
Shit opinions as usual nothing to see here
>>
>>69303080

Funny because the best parts of this film were actually all of the wonderfully executed action scenes.

Granted they don't belong in King Kong but they were incredibly well done physically.

I still consider your entire point dog shit.
>>
>MFW Jack Black was perfectly casted for that role.
>>
some parts are great but the movie overall is a complete mess

>boat ride takes fucking forever, even the individual scenes take fucking forever (S-K-U-L-L I-S-L-A-N-D)
>side characters are introduced and established with no payoff. kid on the boat loses surrogate dad captain, and the point is? The hollywood actor is an asshole, and he's a huge coward, except for his final appearance when he heroically swings into the bug canyon to save everyone?
>Jack Black
> stupid cgi scenes that go on forever

of course the complex tale about a giant monkey deserves the 3 hour treatment
>>
>>69305797
What ever happened to jimmy anyway?
>>
I like this movie, I've watched it plenty of times
>>
It was worth it for the videogame.
>>
>Not liking King Kong

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-f5iMDXvcA
>>
>>69305599
>wonderfully executed action scenes
They were dragged far too long, and this coming from someone who actually loves action scenes but, there's a point where it just loses all sense. If I can see King Kong or the Tyrannosaurs getting hit with fucking huge impacts but acting as if they reecived no damage at all, all tension is lost and the purpose of the action itslef vanishes because danger is the main part of action itself, but one never feels as if there's actual danger implied in the gives and takes of blows.
>>
>>69303321

He was right.
>>
>>69303576

I think he's already transitioning but won't come out until after the surgery. Have you seen that video of him after the third Hobbit flick? He looked absolutely disgusted with himself.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.