[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how fucking hyped were you when you saw this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 167
Thread images: 16
File: LostFinale[1].jpg (108 KB, 1024x566) Image search: [Google]
LostFinale[1].jpg
108 KB, 1024x566
how fucking hyped were you when you saw this?
>>
>>69298173
Very.

I think it's pretty great that ultimately it turned out it was where Jacob was living all this time.
>>
I will keep saying this until this day there's no show better than lost hands down
>>
File: 2x01-JackLockeHatch.jpg (87 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
2x01-JackLockeHatch.jpg
87 KB, 1280x720
>>69298173

I was much more hyped when I saw this to be honest

I'm just so fucking beside myself with anger for how they ended that show, fuck Damon Lindelof, that cunt deserves to burn in hell for all of eternity
>>
Lost was great at building up the mystery, dropping it for 3 seasons, then giving some half assed explanation to tie it up.
>>
>>69298596
>>69298625
the thing was the show was so good that there was no ending that would please everyone, I just see people complaining about the ending but never saying how would have been a good ending, they did what they could and for me it was pretty good and unexpected
>>
>>69298625

Damon Lindelof in 2004: "Everything on the show has a scientific explanation"

Damon Lindelof in 2010: "Nothing on the show has a scientific explanation"
>>
I remember how hyped everyone was for the Jacob/MIB origins episode, and then it turned out to be one of the worst episodes of the series lol
>>
>>69298804

There ABSOLUTELY was a way to end it sensibly, they were just too fucking LAZY to do it

- The black monster could have been a cloud of nanobots
- The magnetism and strange phenomenon on the island could easily have been explained by scientific experiments (like, initially, they were)

Literally THE ENTIRE POINT OF THE SHOW was "okay there's all this weird shit happening on the island, but you will find out that there is actually a proper scientifically valid explanation for all of it". And they did that well for a few seasons. Then I guess ratings dropped or something and they were like "FUCK IT, EVERYTHING IS MAGIC, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA YOU GULLIBLE CUNTS"
>>
>>69298804

It was complete garbage. The last season kept introducing new shit characters and pretty much killing the old cast one a time in more and more nonsensical way.

The flash sideways bullshit was the worst of all. It's just a weird pergatory where the Losties don't remember each other until some magic moment happens.
>>
the ending made me lose faith in all TV. it will never return.
>>
>>69298173
Is that you Quentin?
>>
>>69298928
This. The ending is actually the best episode of a very shitty final season
>>
I wasn't on /tv/ when this aired, but I was on IMDB.

I remember after every episode there would be hundreds of threads of people talking about theories and clues in each episode. They would spend day and fucking night discussing this show.

But in the end it all turned out to be shit. Season 1 was great, but it went downhill from there very fast.
>>
>>69298971
same
>>
>>69298819
>>69298923

The turning point IMHO was "The Mirror of Erised". Up to that point you could just about fanwank a rational explanation for all the weirdness on the island (exotic matter, electromagnetism etc). But then you just got slapped in the face with a full-on, Disney cartoon tier, literal magic mirror that reflected your wishes. There's no coming back from that shit.
>>
This show jumped for me when they never really explain what button pushing in the hatch did.

So you stop pushing it and some magnet stuff happens, which would destroy the world? Ok..., but then there's this key that no one mentioned until that episode which stops it all and turns the sky purple for a minute?

They spent a season on that hatch and another season inside of it with the shittiest payoff ever.
>>
I'm glad I've never watched Lost, looks like silly shit and the precursor to crap like Game of Thrones & The DC Television Universe.
>>
>>69298923
Fuck your nanobots, and fuck science.

A bunch of tv writers attempting science, no thanks
>>
>>69299208
Are you fucking stupid?
>>
>>69299221

It's shit, but it's really annoying shit.

They would build stuff up and the creators were always things like "everything can be explained scientifically" and "there won't be any time travel". Both of these statements turned out to be complete lies.
>>
>>69298923
back in season 1 the fans already theorized that it was a nanobot and it was immediately denied by the writers

it was possible that they were actually supposed to be nanobots but the writers had to come up with something else because the fans figured it out so fast
>>
>>69299268

Explain. What exactly did pushing the buttons in the hatch do? What would have happened if they DIDN'T push the buttons? If the failsafe key solved everything, why not just use it from the beginning?
>>
>>69298819
>>69299294
Please stop.
http://www.slashfilm.com/leaked-lost-document-outlines-a-different-vision-of-the-show-for-a-devious-purpose/

Those were lies to ABC to get the show picked up.
>>
>>69298460
It's by far the most influential show in history. Every popular show takes huge amounts of influence from it.
>>
>>69299109
I don't remember this mirror at all?
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (133 KB, 1260x697) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
133 KB, 1260x697
H Y P E
>>
>>69299377

Uh, if they were lies to ABC, why were they spouting them during ComiCon promoting later seasons and mentioning it on talk shows.

Don't be so butthurt that your favorite show is complete garbage.
>>
>>69299344
>failsafe key solving everything
>apart from blowing up the entire structure, causing an EM explosion that wipes out all electronic equipment on the island

again, are you stupid?

the button would release electromagnetic energy to prevent it from building up,. Not pushing it would just have the energy build up infinitely.

But all of this is literally explained in the show. The fact that you picked this out of all the bullshit in the show shows that you're fucking retarded
>>
I didn't watch L O S T because I thought it would get cancelled and never end or have a shit ending

I was right
>>
>shows you are genuinely glad you never watched
I feel like I really dodged a bullet with this one.
>>
>>69299486

it's literally the greatest television show of all time. even if you don't like the ending it's well worth the ride
>>
>>69298173

Very.
>>
>>69299457
>Not pushing it would just have the energy build up infinitely.

Ok, but what would have happened if it "build up infinitely" (if such a thing is even possible)?

>But all of this is literally explained in the show.
No it wasn't. They just mention generic "save the world" bullshit.

I'll ask again. What would have happened if they DIDN'T push the buttons? Why not just use the failsafe key from the beginning? Why were there Egyptian symbols when the 108 minutes ran out?

If this mission is so important to the world, why let 2 guys do it and not have an entire team studying and monitoring this phenomenon?
>>
File: 68[1].jpg (17 KB, 400x224) Image search: [Google]
68[1].jpg
17 KB, 400x224
fucking so many hype moments
>>
Season 1 was near perfection. S2 and 3 we're very good.

It loses all cohesion after that, leaving autists to defend what it became.

Episode to episode became misguided filler with cheap cliffhangers. Character arcs met their completion leaving a lot of characters stagnated. Thematically it became a clusterfuck. There was no narrative thrust, no overarching plot points, that S1 did so well. Production values plummeted.

It was a very shit final few seasons to what was initially a great show.
>>
>>69299539
>it's literally the greatest television show of all time

2008 pleb tier quote right here.
>>
>>69299457
not that anon but i remember watching LOST up until the hatch and then i dropped the show for being the dumbest piece of shit i ever saw
fuck you for defending it you dumb motherfucker
>>
>>69299586
>Ok, but what would have happened if it "build up infinitely"

The Incident happens
>>
>>69299629

say that to my face fucker not online and see what happens
>>
>>69298173
This is my favorite reveal of the show. I love it how early on they hinted at it, and how it only started to make sens in S5.

Lost did this a lot. Fucking loved this show. People crying about science need to off themselves. Id say actually most things were explained by science (and even the "heart of the island" is just a huge pocket of EM, as confirmed by Desmond) but the fact some of you actually would have preferred the smoke monster to be a bunch of nanomachines makes me depressed. No wonder nothing has come close to Lost since it ended, everything is focus tested to hell.
>>
>>69299660

And what was the Incident. They went drilling, hit the electromagnetism underground, SOMETHING bad happened, they called it the Incident, and then built the hatch.
>>
>>69299711

ANYBODY SEEN RICHIE!
>>
>>69299377
>>69299456
Exactly, they were even saying to fans "everything will have a scientific explanation" when the show was running

Anyway, I found a comment on that page that sums up my feelings about Lost pretty damn well, pic related.
>>
File: enhanced-31164-1417952451-1.jpg (106 KB, 450x916) Image search: [Google]
enhanced-31164-1417952451-1.jpg
106 KB, 450x916
Everything Lindelof has ever been associated with has been terrible, including Leftovers.
>>
>>69299739
Literally the only way this show would have made sense / been good is if the monster was a nanobot cloud. Or at least SOME sort of physically possible, technological thing. Like, a network of very advanced smoke machines or something.

The whole PREMISE of the show was that everything had an explanation. And then that idea just flew out the window as they went further and further on. The whole supernatural element literally DIDN'T EXIST in the first few seasons. They made it up out of thin air to get out of situations that they couldn't be fucked to explain any other way.
>>
>>69299744
the incident was the hydrogen bomb
>>
Lost really took advantage of the early social media platforms to spread the word, theorize, etc. Compared to what we do with shows now. Something about discussing TV shows the same way we did with Lost feels kind of phony in a way, maybe because Lost was one of a kind and truly special and it feels like current shows are trying to emulate the success.
>>
>>69299956

Ok, so if they didn't put the button it would be the equivalent of a hydrogen bomb explosion? And that would destroy the world how?

The show ended 5 years ago and retarded fanboys like you still can't give me a good answer. And if I ask someone else they will tell me something completely different.
>>
>>69299949
maybe it was a nanobot cloud, thay never deny it, and so with the other science theories you have. fans assume that if they don't confirm something, that it's the entire opposite for sure
>>
The show has far more problems than a lack of scientific explanations.

It's a weird complaint to have when S1 makes use of lots of fantastical elements.
>>
>>69300086
They literally did deny it was a nanobot cloud

But anyway that's the whole point, the whole softly-softly approach, the whole ambiguity, the whole supernatural element, "OH LOOK GUISE ITS JUST A METAPHOR FOR THE FIGHT BETWEEN LIGHT AND SHADE, GOOD AND EVIL"

Fuck the writers

Fuck all of them
>>
I've never watched Lost. I never want to. But I kind of want to know what all the hubbub is about.

Can someone give me a tl;dw?
>>
>>69300052
>if I ask someone else they will tell me something completely different.

This is how you know the show is actually nonsense. Every fanboy says the same shit about how it all makes sense and is coherent. But they all have totally different answers as to what the same events mean.

LOST was like a Rorschach test for gullible dimwits.
>>
>>69300109
Like what?
>>
>>69300052
look the swan was built to contain and study all the electromagnetic energy of that part of the island, they would not actually need the button but the hydrogen bomb made them have to put the button and push it every 108 minutes because the bomb broke the electromagnetic contain
>>
>>69300192
>contain and study all the electromagnetic energy of that part of the island
you know this is gibberish right?
>>
>>69300192

Ok, but back to my original question which fandrones like you avoid.

WHAT WOULD HAVE HAPPENED IF THEY DIDN'T PUSH THE BUTTON?!
>>
>>69300157
They were all in purgatory.
>>
File: 1451305399420.jpg (43 KB, 371x500) Image search: [Google]
1451305399420.jpg
43 KB, 371x500
>>69298173

https://i.4cdn.org/wsg/1462706103863.webm

not as hyped like when i saw this webm
>>
>>69300166
Dead people wondering around the island, Locke being able to walk again, whispers in the jungle ect.
>>
>>69300121
you science guys always want the complete explanation, and the truth is we loved the mystery. I'm not denying they took advantage of that for lazy writing but why they would release a book with every science thing explained at detail if they could leave the theories so we could talk about it years later?
>>
>>69300295
wow i already hate it
>>
>>69300157
a bunch of people crash land on an island where a bunch of weird inexplicable shit happens
a few seasons of gibberish pass by before you learn that they all died in the initial crash and they are all really in purgatory or it was a dream whatever fuck you
>>
File: 1x03_Kate.png (1 MB, 1276x704) Image search: [Google]
1x03_Kate.png
1 MB, 1276x704
>mfw I'll never be LOST again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iggE4ImYwyc
>>
>>69298804
Thats total horseshit
>>
>>69300284
the island would become a giant magnet and swallow the entire planet along with the entire solar system in one big black hole you dumb
>>
>>69300157
In the pilot episode a plane crashes on an island in the middle of nowhere

Immediately strange things happen e.g. a guy who was paraplegic and in a wheelchair can suddenly walk again

The survivors have to figure out how they're going to survive on this island, whether they can contact the outside world

They discover a radio signal being broadcast on the island but it's in French if I remember correctly, anyway they go and investigate at some point

Other weird shit happens

The eventually discover a metal hatch with a glass window buried in the ground (the finale of Season 1 is when they finally get the hatch door open and you see them looking down the shaft: >>69298596). Then in Season 2 they go down that shaft and discover stuff down there. I won't spoil it for you

Anyway yeah just watch it.
>>
>>69300301
kek
>>
>>69300362
>they are all really in purgatory or it was a dream whatever fuck you
Yup that's pretty much it
>>
>>69300387

LOL, and how would the failsafe key prevent this? And if this was to really happen, why would they have 2 dummies handling this project.

Jesus Christ do you really believe what you just wrote?
>>
>>69299109
>literally stealing from Harry Potter

fucking Lindelof, the eternal hack. LOST is trash and faggot tier. Whatever promise it held at the beginning is washed away by the shit tier seasons at the end.
>>
>>69298923
This is why episodic TV is the inferior format compared to feature film.
>>
>>69300478
the dharma initiative was a thing no goverment believed

the failsafe create a electromagnetic pulse that destroys the black hole before its created
>>
File: 1453569202250.jpg (133 KB, 640x853) Image search: [Google]
1453569202250.jpg
133 KB, 640x853
Despite the quality of the later seasons Lost was probably the most invested I've ever been with a show, I used to stay up until sunrise because I wanted to see what happened next.
>>
>>69299897
>Lindelof

Literally all I need to see to know not to even bother wasting my time on a show. The dude is a fucking hack like no other

>appears on the Talking Dead to shill The Walking Dead as the best show ever
>>
>>69300306
>Dead people wondering around the island
Was that like Boone and Shannon? I can't remember exactly. But anyway, they were basically just visions weren't they? So that's a scientific explanation.
>Locke being able to walk again
That can easily have a scientific explanation. Things like that have happened in real life where a paraplegic has been able to walk again.
>whispers in the jungle
Again they were just visions / hallucinations weren't they? Because they don't discover The Others until later. And we could have discovered that there were loudspeakers around the island, installed by Dharma, that played sounds.

All of those things had possible scientific explanations and we were promised that we would get them. And then NOPE, FUCK YOU

>>69300329
>i love it when there's no conclusion
You're a complete and utter c.u.c.k
>>
>We have to go back Kate.
>>
>>69300478
they have qualified people but then the others kills the entire dharma initiative have you ever seen the show?
>>
>>69300494
I guess you're right. Every TV show changes over its run, for better or worse
>>
>>69300598

>the dharma initiative was a thing no goverment believed
Then why didn't DHARMA, a group with seemingly endless resources send more than a few guys to monitor this?

>the failsafe create a electromagnetic pulse that destroys the black hole before its created
This is NEVER mentioned in the show, you're pulling this retarded shit out of your ass.

Please stop, you're embarrassing yourself.
>>
File: image.jpg (494 KB, 1103x2500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
494 KB, 1103x2500
Should have focused on science and the dharma initiative

No flashes forwards or sideways

I accept time travel
>>
>>69300653
if we have all the explanations, we wouldn't be talking about it now, when you accept that, reply to me with another question to entretain yourself
>>
>>69300702

They only have 2 guys in the hatch. And why wouldn't DHARMA send some more guys after Ben and the Others attacked? Why wouldn't Ben and the Others be REALLY REALLY concerned that the fate of the fucking world rests in the hands of 2 retards pushing some buttons.

Shit makes no sense, and you're a retard for defending it.
>>
>>69300734
its implicit you dumb fuck, or you want desmond saying "ooh the key creates a EMP of 1.5/843828 intensity that is equivalent to fuck you
>>
>>69300745
>Should have focused on science and the dharma initiative
Yup
>No flashes forwards or sideways
Flashes forwards are fine as long as the timeline is consistent
>I accept time travel
I don't
>>
>>69300734
>>69300702
>>
>>69300849
>its implicit you dumb fuck

No it isn't. You're just a delusional fanboy who is looking for answers that aren't there.

I would think some scientist would have told Clancy Brown that "if you don't push the button the entire fucking universe will be sucked into nothing".

Stop making up stupid shit, moron.
>>
>>69300760
Yes we would, we would say "boy I can't believe the monster turned out to be a nanobot cloud", "boy I can't believe DHARMA was really a government project established by the US in the cold war years to carry out loads of experiments surrounding electromagnetism", etc

You are really a dumb cunt aren't you
>>
>>69300915

>>69300799
>>
>>69300799
they didn't know the damage that potentially could the swan station done to the world, they had a lot of people killed on the island, so they didn't bother enough on that because they thought they had bigger problems at that time
>>
>>69298923
Wow!

I've never seen someone not 'get' a show this much before.
>>
>>69298173
How did Lost end?
>>
>>69300598
>the failsafe create a electromagnetic pulse that destroys the black hole before its created

Then why didn't they do that from the beginning? Why risk the entire known universe on 2 guys pushing button every 108 minutes?
>>
>>69301096

with thunderous applause
>>
>>69301096
Everyone goes to heaven.
>>
>>69301043

You're so fucking sad.

They had all the documents, watched all the home movies, Ben lived there for like 10 years. They knew. Stop being a complete moron.
>>
>>69301106
Because they didn't know shit about the island, they were in the dark, it was all theory they didn't know what would really happen but they would try that if things went out of control
>>
>>69301055
Wow I've never seen someone who's such a dumb fucking cunt before

>>69301096
Badly
>>
>>69301209
>Because they didn't know shit about the island, they were in the dark, it was all theory they didn't know what would really happen but they would try that if things went out of control

You're just completely making shit up. NONE of what your saying is in the show. The writers were just so vague and lazy because they knew autists like you would fill in the blanks with retarded nonsense like this.
>>
>>69301186
I could say to you then that in the dharma initiative they just didn't give a fuck about the hatch and that's it, they were a bad corporation, still not fault of the plot
>>
>>69301296
lmao
>>
>>69301302

Again, you're just making excuses for bad writing. DHARMA must have dropped a few billion on that island installation and you think they're just gonna let it go because a few locals released some poison gas? Fucking seriously? Stop being a retard.
>>
>>69301296
not making it up, desmond was a dharma trained employee and he didn't knew what the key did
>>
>>69301406

Desmond wasn't DHARMA trained, retard. Clancy Brown was and he found Desmond outside.

And you're telling me that DHARMA put people in charge of the failsafe key without telling them what it did? Why even give it to them then? What if there was a situation where they had to use it because shit was going down but didn't because DHARMA was too cheap to print a how-to pamphlet.

Bro, you're bordering on extreme autism right now.
>>
>>69301513
clancy should have told desmond what the key does, but he doesn't, because they never did it so they don't know what it does, but it may fix it
>>
>>69301597

It's time to stop posting. It's time to start killing yourself.
>>
I wasted years of my life to this shitty show. I listened to all of Cuse & Lindelof podcasts which were full of lies. I made and read some wild fan theories. In the end nothing made sense and season 6 of LOST has to be one of the most disappointing experiences of my life.

It was fun while it was on, but looking back later it's just a steaming pile of shit.
>>
The problem is the show got way too grandiose. It would have been great if it was just about this unknown island with a mysterious history, menacing inhabitants, and a shady research organization. That's cool as fuck, and there's plenty of fuel there for mysteries and mindfucks galore, but they had to go bigger and better and make it ALL SO PROFOUND. It just got ridiculous and cheesy. Should have stayed more down to earth.
>>
>>69301597
>>69301513

Was Desmond Clancy Brown's successor as the Creature of Darkness?
>>
>>69301740
You are exactly correct.

I think basically what happened is that they couldn't afford the series anymore. It was basically the most expensive TV series ever made because it was all shot on location and had a massive cast. So ABC said "okay guys we need to wrap this up". And they must have thought about the scientific explanations and thought "we can't do what we want to do with this in the time we have left". So they thought "fuck it we'll just make it all supernatural".

Cunts.
>>
>>69301513

> Kelvin Inman, drunk and looking for an escape from pushing the button, revealed the fail-safe to Desmond, saying that it was the only other way out, and that turning the key would make it "all go away"

that's all Desmond knew but if he wasn't a retard he could imply that it's a last ditch suicide option in case shit hits the fan
>>
File: Damon-Lindelof.jpg (39 KB, 480x298) Image search: [Google]
Damon-Lindelof.jpg
39 KB, 480x298
Lindelof is maybe the biggest hack there is in entertainment. Prometheus was full of shit and followed the same formula as Lost did: Throw in some mysteries and then wrap shit up without explaining shit.
>>
>>69301740
A perfect example of something they handled well was the polar bear. That was one of the original hooks of the show, "what the fuck is a polar bear doing on a tropical island, there's more to this place than meets the eye" It was mysterious and cool and we wanted to find out more. Then down the line they gave us the explanation: they were part of a research facility. There we go, mystery solved, makes total sense. Maybe a little underwhelming, but it gave us a nice transition into the Dharma storyline and all the cool mysteries contained therein, and overall it was satisfying. If the show had been handled this way throughout, it would have been amazing.
>>
>>69301656
when you're out of arguments you start saying that kind of shit I understand
>>
>>69301969

Too bad they never explained what they could make "all go away". Nor did they explain how the fail safe worked, what it actually did, etc.

Such shit writing. And retards still gobble it up. It's unreal to me.
>>
>>69301969
so they just never tell us what it does, because if they do we would start questioning it about scientific accuracy and shit
>>
How come Lindelof gets mocked by normies for being a hack but Nolan is praised as a God of cinema by them?
>>
>>69302038

You're arguments are just you making up complete bullshit out of thin air. Nowhere else did I ever read that not pushing the button would create some black hole that would destroy the universe. No where else did I read that the failsafe create some electromagnetic effect that stops the black hole. Etc, etc.

You're just a complete fucking autist that is literally filling in the plotholes in your head and convincing yourself that this is what the writers had in mind all long.

So. Fucking. Sad.
>>
>>69300871
>I accept time travel
>I don't
Go to hell
>>
>>69302116
you are the one who is sad
I'm rising
>>
>>69302048

>2 men are stuck in a hatch pressing a button indefinatley with no sign of relief
>one starts cracking up and leans over a key hole that has warning markers on it and says "this will make it all go away" but stops himself when he comes together

you're a fucking tard if you can't put that together to mean it's something like a self destruct/suicide option.
>>
>>69302169
>I'm rising

What? Bro, it's spring. If it's nice where you are, go the fuck outside.
>>
File: 1353111336253.gif (2 MB, 328x188) Image search: [Google]
1353111336253.gif
2 MB, 328x188
>>69299539
>>69299539
>it's literally the greatest television show of all time
>>
>>69302122
Time travel isn't scientifically possible therefore it has no place in a show that promised its viewers scientifically plausible explanations
>>
>>69302193

Too bad the writers never told us what pushing the button stopped or what the failsafe key actually did.

And how fucking convenient that the failsafe key worked so well that it stopped the need for the button being pressed and didn't destroy the fucking universe like you're claiming.

If you believe this shit, there's not much I can do for you.
>>
>>69299624
in their defense, i bet what happened was that the show becamse so huge the network demanded more seasons, and they only had enough material to fill maybe 3 or 4, so they had to start making shit up as they went along to fill up the space, hence why season 3 1/2 throguh 6 were complete and absolute boring and meaningless.
>>
>>69300333
only in the last season, and he isn't talking about the island
>>
>>69298173
I don't remember, it happened 10 years ago.
>>
>>69300653
Mate, it was made clear from S1 that the island was mystical and had magical and spiritual properties. Locke could walk again and Rose's illness disappeared.

The show being somewhat fantastical from the start doesn't excuse what it became, but it would be silly to pretend it wasn't there. Especially considering the science/faith schism was one of the clearly defined themes from season 1.
>>
>>69302263
Pro tip: You're time traveling right now.
>>
"Only fools are enslaved by time and space"

That was the last time i was hyped by this show
>>
>>69302300

some people can enjoy a story without being spoonfed every fucking detail
>>
>>69298923
Wow. Lets kill the mystery and turn this into a sci-fi. The big reason why this was so big is because your constantly questioning yourself. "What the fuck are these hack writers fucking doing?!"
>>69299109
Agreed. Though my opinion still stands
>>
>>69302300
I'm pretty sure the failsafe was connected to the orchid station, keeping the electromagnetism in check on the island.

So as long as that button was pushed, there could be no mishaps with "time" and that wheel wouldn't have worked either. When they push it there's nothing holding that stuff back and that is how they fuck the entire timespace continuum up.
>>
>>69299043
Thank you!
>>
>wanting more hurr durr poo in loo religion disguised as science.
>>
>>69302647

I liked that they had both. It went from a survival show, to a mystery, to a sci fi, to a biblical epic
>>
>>69302300
>And how fucking convenient
that's how stories happen you idiot, it was so convenient that your mother and father fucked, and from the millions of sperm, you won! what are the chances!
>>
>>69301393
Ok, let me take a crack at this: LOST FOR MORONS !

The Dharma initiative found the Island and realised its power. They were scientists with such knowledge of the crazy ass stuff happening on the Island, most governments wouldn't believe them.

So they funded a team and pretty much put all their eggs in the same basket. Amongst other experiments, the Swan was to study electromagnetism on one "hot spot" of the Island. The Island is sitting on a huge ass amount of energy and is pretty much the "cork" of the world (or universe ?). The hydrogen bomb during the "incident" damaged the "cork" and they had to built the Swan station to control the energy leak or it would build up and turn into a black hole. The key was to set ANOTHER EM explosion, as an hail mary to reset the "cork" as it should be (it worked).

Dharma left 2 idiots at the Swan because they were wiped out by the Others. The Others pretty much took control of the Dharma assets and used it as a ghost company, their orders still in place (that's why there's still shipments for the stations) but with no leaders, no decision makings, only the Others leeching on what's left.
>>
>>69300745
Where do i find this photo shoot
>>
It's like you people had never watched a jj. Abrams show before. He doesn't plan out his stories, so he always writes himself into a corner and then says LOL IGNORE ALL THAT SHIT and basically scraps it with some bullshit hand wave. Remember Alias and the rambaldi artifacts?
>>
>>69302449
>Locke could walk again and Rose's illness disappeared.
As I JUST EXPLAINED they could EASILY have had scientific explanations YOU DUMB CUNT
>>69302538
IT WAS MEANT TO BE SCIENTIFICALLY ACCURATE YOU DUMB CUNT
>>
>>69303106
mystical = unproven scientific
on the other hand, feel free to suck a cock
>>
>>69303106
>>Locke could walk again and Rose's illness disappeared.
>As I JUST EXPLAINED they could EASILY have had scientific explanations YOU DUMB CUNT

has tehre ever been a scientificlly prooven case of someone with a completely broken spine, walking again? remember Locke had his spine torn in half on that 3 stories fall when his "dad" pushed him.

There wasnt any room for "its all in his brain, its psychological"
>>
>>69299043
I would agree with this. I somehow paradoxically enjoy the finale. I hate the final seasons and I hate the afterlife ending. But it still manages to be successful at being an emotional send-off. Seeing them all remember, even removed from the bullshit heaven shit, is still touching.

Jack dying in the same spot from the pilot and seeing his friends fly home is one of the best deaths on the show, and I get goosebumps every time I watch that part. It's beautifully executed.
>>
Haven't watched in a while and am due to have a marathon.

Did they explain whose bones "Adam and Eve" were in season 1?
>>
>>69302538
>Lets kill the mystery and turn this into a sci-fi.
Pretty sure that was the original intention of the writers. Remember the mechanical, robotic noises the smoke monster made before they revealed it?
>>
>>69303106
You're very angry. And wrong.
>>
>>69303295
>remember Locke had his spine torn in half on that 3 stories fall when his "dad" pushed him.
Isn't that shown in like Season 5? So like I said they were initially going to have scientific explanations then they ran out of steam and stopped giving a fuck because they're cunts

>>69304919
Nope
>>
>>69299486
This is what an autist looks like
>>
>>69305041

>MUH SCIENTIFICK EKPLANSHUNS

fuck off would you really rather them make up some star trek style quasi scientific gibberish for every fucking thing?
>>
File: Lost-307.jpg (13 KB, 405x270) Image search: [Google]
Lost-307.jpg
13 KB, 405x270
>>69304905
remember ben talking to a goddamn empty rocking chair?
>>
>>69305150
I can't believe how you're defending a series for completely losing its way and writing a terrible fucking ending just to get it over and done with

Lmao
>>
>>69305214
Remember the number sequence that appeared everywhere on the island, was broadcast (I believe) and helped/fucked over Hurley with his lottery?
>>
>>69305224

bro the whole theme of the show is science vs. the supernatural. if it was all science it would be going against it's core theme.
>>
>>69305295
>the whole theme of the show is science vs. the supernatural
In Season 4 and onwards it is yes, clearly that's when you started watching it you fucking nonce
>>
>>69305705
dude, faith vs science has been a thing from day fucking one.

Jack and Locke arguing about that was the core of the show for the first 3 seasons.
>>
>>69299629
>neo /tv/ plebs
>>
>>69305705

season fucking one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPpvyv27SQo
>>
File: Brainwash2.png (356 KB, 588x480) Image search: [Google]
Brainwash2.png
356 KB, 588x480
>>69305282
that was all just coincidences.
>>
>>69305705
You are completely fucking retarded.
>>
>>69302032
in another scene Walt is reading a comic book which shows a polar bear, and then it seems that the others want to capture him because he's special.

it could have been that walt was making shit happen with his mind... it would fit with the whole cold war vibe they had going, and the fact that they'd experiment with mind control and huge LSD doses in programs like MKUltra.

i would've have minded some twilight zone shit as the explanation, so long as the rest of the story was grounded in reality
>>
File: wire.jpg (203 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
wire.jpg
203 KB, 1280x720
>>69302032
Another example, that I'd argue is even better would be "The Looking Glass" seeing that beach wire in season 1, there were so many theories as to what that was and what it lead to. When they finally give an answer to it 2 seasons later, it was not only a satisfying and simple one but it played a big role in the finale.
>>
>>69298923
It cracks me up how mad people get about the ending

>WAAAHH it wasn't scientific
>during the show a guy can suddenly walk again, time travel, smoke monster etc...
>people expecting everything to be completely rational
>>
Even to this day I cant believe people fell for Lost.

It was obvious they were making it up as they went along from the first episode. Its how shows work.
>>
>>69308196
I don't know, man. If you didn't notice a massive shift in season 6 when it came to the all the mumbo-jumbo crap, you might not have been paying very close attention to the show.

Nobody is denying that the show dabbled with the supernatural, it absolutely did and it was fascinating when it did do that. But it always made a point to stay grounded, or focus on it from a human point of view. Locke for example being able to walk wasn't about the mystery of why he could, it became about how that impacted him. All we got was "this island is special" and that was good enough, to further put emphasis on that they instead showed the island having special properties rather than give away answers that relate to invisible magic, it just was.

5 seasons later and you have literal scales that are weighing the "soul" of a person to determine whether they're evil or not, magical mirrors and a myriad of other thoughtless magical things. It just isn't the same.
Thread replies: 167
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.