[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Not really into capeshit, but they're showing some of these
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: joker.jpg (112 KB, 535x422) Image search: [Google]
joker.jpg
112 KB, 535x422
Not really into capeshit, but they're showing some of these animated Batman movies On Demand. I watched Under the Red Hood and really liked it, but Year One and Dark Knight Returns look good too. I'm guessing this is all because of BvS (zero interest) and in anticipation of The Killing Joke, which I'm actually looking forward to.

What does /tv/ think about these animated Batman movies?
>>
>>69295637

I think they're Batman movies.

And animated.
>>
>>69295637
I know some people at WB that went to an early screening of Killing Joke and apparently it's pretty garbagey/edgy
>>
>>69295637

the DC animated universe is fucking great man.

The Dark Knight Returns part 1 and 2 is everything BvS should have been, it's honestly a much better movie.
>>
All the DC animated moives are good. (except the justice league gods and monsters)
>>
>>69295637
>BvS (zero interest)
You're missing one of the best postmodern takes on the genre.

http://www.thegekdom.com/home/2016/4/30/a-thesis-on-batman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice

>Zack Snyder and WB fully knew they are going to alienate some moviegoers and critics by having a subtle narrative disguised as a superhero action movie because there will be some plot elements which might fly over the heads of some people and as a result they might not understand the story in it's entirety (The Martha moment being the best example)

>Secondly, this movie has a post modern (deconstructive) narrative and this kind of narrative is meant to challenge our preconceived notions, beliefs, ideas and way of thinking. So, automatically a post modern movie tends to be controversial by it's nature but they took the risks and this shows their commitment towards the DC property.
>>
>>69295637
Under the Red Hood is better than source material.

TDKR 1 and 2 are much, much worse than the source material, but still much better than BvS.

>>69295696
All Star Superman was unfortunately kind of crappy. The rest is pretty good, though.
>>
>>69295637
Dark Knight Returns is literally the only Batman movie that didn't disappoint me.
>>
>>69295696
The latest ones have been pretty bad, particularly the Batman ones with Damnian Wayne
>>
>>69295637
DC vs. Marvel animated movies are the exact opposite of their live action movies. That is, DC animated movies are awesome and Marvel animated movies suck ass.

Almost every DC animated movie is good to great.
>>
>>69295685
>DKR
>good
choose one
>>
>>69295696
>except the justice league gods and monsters
Bitch, what
>>
Dark Knight Returns Part two > Dark Knight Returns Part one

Fight me.
>>
All their movies look so cheap and shitty.
>>
File: dat batman film ranking.png (2 MB, 906x2166) Image search: [Google]
dat batman film ranking.png
2 MB, 906x2166
>>69297157
>>
>>69296487
superman fanboy spotted
>>
>>69297229
Switch TDK and Begins
>>
>>69297229
I'd say Tim Burton's Batman is Meh more than Good, and I'd switch Batman Begins with TDK
I agree with the rest, though.
>>
>>69295714
holy shit is this a satire blog or something? this stuff is too funny

http://www.thegekdom.com/home/2016/4/5/heres-why-marthamoment-from-batman-v-superman-is-the-greatest-batman-and-superman-moment-ever
>>
>>69295714
Muh movie is too deep for you pea brains. Only the intelligent and bright will understand my movie about a super powered Boy Scout and a rich boy with daddy issues.
Come on, no one asked for it to be a philosophical bench mark. They just wanted a cool story to be adapted in live action. The fight itself is like 7 fucking minutes before ogre boy shows up for the rest of the action shlock.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.