[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So there I was, watching the Tonight Show with Johnny Carson,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: lih.jpg (13 KB, 498x289) Image search: [Google]
lih.jpg
13 KB, 498x289
So there I was, watching the Tonight Show with Johnny Carson, from May 4, 1977 on TV. The guests were Chevy Chase and Richard Pryor. I don't remember it, but I strongly suspect that 39 years and 5 days ago, I was sitting here in this same room, doing exactly the same thing.

Is this hell?
>>
>>69284654
Why?
>>
>>69284654
Fucking loser
>>
>>69284654

Eh, I never saw this more as anything but his mediocre first-work which he was attached to for personal reasons even if in reality it was never anything beyond mediocre.
>>
>>69284783
WHY DONT YOU REPEAT THE QUESTION XD
>>
>>69284698
I inherited the house, and living here is cheaper than buying a new place or renting. I was 25 the first time around, and since then I've been around the world (S. Korea, Japan, Ireland, anyway), been a Tech, a Sysadmin, a CFO, rich and a bum. But somehow, it all led back to the same old place, watching the same old shows. It's the damnedest thing. I think this is what happened to Jack Kerouac.
>>
Now I am watching Alfred Hitchcock Presents. Probably saw it before, too. In this same room. Consider me your ghost story for tonight, because you never know how things will turn out.
>>
>>69285382
Have you considered being treated for schizophrenia? The doctors just want to help, anon.
>>
>>69284654

just a little dejavu calm down
though this is really more /x/ related
>>
>>69284963
so it was a deja vu feeling that you were watching an old show?
>>
>>69285444
Too old for schizophrenia.
>>
>>69285583
Not really. I didn't have a panic attack or anyhting. I just thought "How fucking ridic is it that I was probably watching this live the first time it was on, and here I am again, 39 years later watching the same thing and probably thinking the same stupid thoughts?" It didn't really scare me. But it did make me reflect on how my life could end up this way, you know?
>>
>>69284654
nope, 4chan is hell.
im sorry you had to find out this way.
>>
>>69285453
There's really nothing /x/ about it. It is the same me, the same room, the same show. I thought it was more interesting as a /tv/ thing. Maybe if I was watching Twilight Zone or something, it would be more of an /x/ thing. Oh, and when I was like 8 years old, I used to watch Twilight Zone on Friday nights alone, on the big black and white TV. I can tell you, it was fucking scary. That one where the little girl falls into the place between the walls? Just fucking kill me. THAT was /x/ related.

Nah, I'm just fucking with ya because I am old and have been watching TV all my life and now it is coming back to bite me in the ass and I always heard these stories about Kerouac getting old and watching TV in his mother's trailer and I kind of worried I would end up that way. Then I did!
>>
Maybe it was more of a /lit/ thing,
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.