[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>rewatching game of thrones season 1 >tfw the Starks will
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 8
File: 1462731687616.png (37 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1462731687616.png
37 KB, 400x400
>rewatching game of thrones season 1
>tfw the Starks will never be comfy again
>>
>rewatching game of thrones season 1
>tfw the show will never be good again
>>
>he finally got to the fairy island
>miura will take 10 years off to play idolmaster

nuke japan forever
>>
>rereading Berserk
>its way more interesting than GoT and I wish normies would just die or end that gaynigger show already
>>
>>69284756

they will never animate those fights against Wyald or the more controversial shit.

Kill this world forever.
>>
>>69284539
Think you meant >>69284578

>>69285146
Berserk was probably created too late to get a 100% faithful high-budget adaption but the one we got (the 26 episode tv show) did a pretty damn good job. The colours that they went with looked good, the story retained all of the core themes despite the minor cuts and we got most of the story's best content covered. Also, I'm very fond of the English dub. Griffith in particular is absolutely perfect.
>>
>>69285739

I agree with you completely, but I feel a bit sore since the series and the OVA skipped the whole Wyald part, and as brief as it was, it was brutal in a way that I feel skipping it does the whole Berserk continuity no service. It'd be like skipping that whole arc with the princess whose father is an apostle, it really adds to the story.
>>
File: FGMultipleShotsFired.gif (2 MB, 480x260) Image search: [Google]
FGMultipleShotsFired.gif
2 MB, 480x260
>>69284539
>OP wants to talk about GoT season 1
>posts dank berzerk feel guy with it
>thread derailed the moment it was born
>>
>>69285812
Who doesn't love Berserk though? Game of Thrones is just an incredibly expensive car-crash at this point. Miura might have lost focus but he never even came close to D&D levels of 'what the fuck are you doing?'

>>69285799
Wyald was cool, but I don't mind losing him since he works as kind of a sneak-peak of the Eclipse before he gets foiled. Without him the re-introduction of the supernatural elements gets to be all about Griffith without the giant monster attack that happened a day ago hanging over it.
>>
File: papafranku.jpg (9 KB, 150x200) Image search: [Google]
papafranku.jpg
9 KB, 150x200
>>69284680
>tfw you're essentially paid to play idolmaster
>>
>>69285902
>Wyald was cool, but I don't mind losing him since he works as kind of a sneak-peak of the Eclipse before he gets foile

I guess there's a certain brutality about that encounter that I feel segways properly into the eclipse, but it works with what you're saying too.

I think that encounter with Wyald shows, for a brief moment, if just a few panels, where Griffin is still concerned with Gatts, when he is being overwhelmed by Wyald, Grifffin reacts in a way where he shows concern over his old friend, and it makes the eclipse a more meaningful experience.
>>
File: 1451912461070.jpg (39 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1451912461070.jpg
39 KB, 640x640
>>69286151
>Griffin
>Gatts
Why?

Anyway, fair enough. I don't remember the details of the scene since I read Berserk years ago.
>>
>>69284756
>It's way more interesting than GoT
No. Golden age is a glorified Naruto for adults. The rest gets boring as fuck.
>>
The Berserk anime was hot fucking garbage. Maybe if you watched it as a child it would be cool, but as an adult it was horrible. Absolutely butchered the source material.
>>
File: gfe.png (32 KB, 525x174) Image search: [Google]
gfe.png
32 KB, 525x174
>>69285812

That's Eddard Stark when he comes back to life, you retard.
>>
>>69288757
THIS.
>>
>>69288727
>Golden age is a glorified naruto for adults
What? That has less meaning than me saying GoT is a Mexican soap-opera for Americans.
>>
File: 1461304903760.jpg (254 KB, 1298x1316) Image search: [Google]
1461304903760.jpg
254 KB, 1298x1316
>>69289073
>Less meaning
>GRIFFIIIIIIIIIITH

My fucking ass it has less meaning. After Guts joins the White Hawks he goes gay for Griffith, then gets betrayed and saved by deus ex machina demons. That's all there is to it. Just like Narutu.
>>
File: thief.jpg (90 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
thief.jpg
90 KB, 1280x720
>>69289206
I've always seen Berserk as more like Michael Mann's movie Thief than anything else, but I've never read/watched Naruto so who knows.

To me it wasn't so much about who Guts was with specifically, more just that he was with people and that didn't suit him. Like he says, everyone else was dedicated to Griffith and would die for him, but Guts felt more like he was just kind of tagging along for the ride and didn't share their feelings.

Guts can't get attached to people because he's spent most of his life surviving by being alone and constantly moving and fighting only for himself. And whenever he does start to become attached to people he feels threatened/scared and leaves. It's not a story about friendship, or being the best, or war, or politics, at its heart it's about survival and loneliness.

Even after The Golden Age Miura kept hammering at this with the Blacksmith Guy and a few other points, Casca was the best thing that ever happened to Guts and he ran away from her and now, even though the story's certainly lost focus, it's still along these lines. Guts is learning to let other people into his life, but he's still not 100% committed to it and it's also slowly killing him.
>>
>rewatching walking dead,breaking bad, house md, dexter, prison break,homeland,spartacus season 1
>tfw the show will never be good again
>>
>>69289342
It's a fighting manga, of course it has more parallels with Naruto or vice versa. lol
>at its heart it's about survival and loneliness
True during the golden arc, not so true anymore with all the power ups and what not.

Also Gutts was never trully alone becaudse of his side kick fairie cunt.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.