[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What did Joan Crawford have against the wire hangers?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: wire hangers.jpg (85 KB, 736x778) Image search: [Google]
wire hangers.jpg
85 KB, 736x778
What did Joan Crawford have against the wire hangers?
>>
abortions
>>
>>69281204
they fuck up your clothes
>>
>>69281519
>>69281519
How? Don't Dry Cleaners use them?
>>
>>69281204
Ever hear of "hang ups."
>>
>>69281552
You're not supposed to keep those hangers. They mess up the shoulders of your shirts
>>
>>69281658
>>69281658
Why don't the dry cleaners tell you that or have a warning label?
>>
>>69281819
WARNING TO ALL CUSTOMERS: DO NOT USE OUR WIRE HANGERS

THEY WHILE VERY SLIGHTLY AND ALMOST UNNOTICEABLEY FUCK UP THE SOLDERS OF YOUR CLOTHES

THANK YOU, THIS HAS BEEN A PSA FROM YOUR LOCAL DRY CLEANERS WHO'S OWNERS KNOW 9 WORDS IN ENGLISH
>>
Joan Crawford grew up dirt poor and wire hangers were a reminder of poverty and growing up poor. Especially since, as a rich mega actress, she could afford fancy ass coat hangers.

The John Waters commentary on the Mommy Dearest DVD goes into details about this: Joan internalized her poverty growing up with shit like obsessive compulsive cleaning (also seen in the movie) and losing her shit over wire hangers and her daughter using her make-up. She went from a poor fag to a rich fag overnight and it fucked her up.
>>
>>69282157
I've seen people with all their clothes on wire hangers and their clothes look fine to me...
>>
>>69282449
Wouldn't wire hangers be a symbol of wealth since not everyone can afford the dry cleaners and some are reduced to using the laundromat.
>>
>>69281204
She's pro-life.
>>
They hung her entire family('s clothes on them). It drove her insane.
>>
>>69284348
Doubtful. Also I don't think abortion was an issue back then?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.