[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>has a season about the Underworld >all major and minor
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 10
File: onceuponacomfy.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
onceuponacomfy.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
>has a season about the Underworld
>all major and minor dead characters come back
>a character dies in the episode
>they show up in Blind Witch's diner confused

>time to kill Robin and they have to use a weapon that will literally make you not exist because death isn't the end anymore

I liked this season but they royally fucked themselves on this one.
Tonight's episode kind of missed it's mark imo, but this whole season has really brought the show back for me
>>
>>69274427
I enjoyed the first half of season one. I stopped watching for no real reason, but I'm glad I did now. I didn't get attached to the story before they added Frozen tie-ins and homosexuals.
>>
>mfw the only good part of the season was Ruby lezzing with Mulan and Dorothy.
>>
>hades for some reason is the bad guy just because this season needs a bad guy

awful
>>
ELSAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>69274499
that was literally the worst part
>>
Kinda feel the opposite. 5B lagged a lot and featured a lot of underwhelming stories/resolutions (Like the Regina/Zelena "we remember now" bullshit), but tonight's with the death was brutal and well done imo. Pretty excited to see how it plays out in the finale
>>
>>69274563
If you are a faggot...yeah, i guess.
>>
>>69274671
>lets put a woman character with a lesbian asian character on an adventure
>let's introduce them to a new woman
>woman likes new woman and it is true love out of nowhere
they were clearly building to lesbianism when Mulan and Ruby left, it makes no sense for them not to hook up
>>
>they have to use a weapon that will literally make you not exist because death isn't the end anymore

They did that to give Regina more angst. Because instead of recognizing that Regina is more than capable of growing over the last few seasons and would have been more likely to take Zelena, Robin baby, and Roland in hand and raise them as her new family because love and family, they want to recycle yet another REGINA GOES EEEEEEVIL QUEEEEEN plot line because... they suck at writing?

Also, fucking Zeus. Zelena makes the choice to kill Hades based on Regina's words and the knowledge that he killed Robin Hood and trapped the heroes, but oh let's reward Killian goddamn Jones, who has had what, 5 fakeout deaths.
>>
>>69274568
the whole remembering thing was acceptable for me because i was tired of Regina being an unrelenting bitch over her sister actually trying when only a couple years ago Regina was murdering people left and right. The fact that it ended that hamfisted hatred is why i liked it
Although the fact that it resparked, i didn't hate because it felt more organic and there was more of a motive behind it
>>
>>69274876
I don't know they have the best set ups imo.
>lets make the main character evil and the evil character have a heart of pure light
>last episode: nah jk lol
I hate that they do that

It would have made the majority of the women who watch the show kill themselves if all the men died in one episode
>>
>>69275018
Most fans of the show hate Killian at this point.
>>
>>69275160
I actually like him.
>>
Reminder that Cruella was the best thing about season 4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9CwsbheGdQ
>>
File: 1461858523387.jpg (3 KB, 125x122) Image search: [Google]
1461858523387.jpg
3 KB, 125x122
>>69275225
>they bring her back for season 5 out of popularity
>do nothing with her
>>
File: Cruella_520.png (877 KB, 1110x630) Image search: [Google]
Cruella_520.png
877 KB, 1110x630
>>69275225
and 5B
>>
>>69275225
>>69275352
>>69275365
Cruella spin off, when?
>>
>>69274793
Meh, its like the producers never even wanted to waste time on anybody not called Emma or Hook or Zelena this season.
>>
>>69275225
>not posting the best scene
faggot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnqRHLQjsFU
>>
I don't know why I keep watching. Every time they have something potentially interesting (Dark Emma arc) they shit all over it. Shit all over it good.
>>
>>69275467
I'm waiting for the autistic fan edit that is chronologically in order
>>
>>69275225
Cruella could have been Ruby's natural enemy...like Dorothy could have been used a lot better considering how important she is for Zelena's backstory.
The writing on this show is so...stupid.
>>
>>69275448
>not enjoying ANY Cruella scene

speaking of faggot...
>>
why are the majority of actors fucking horrible on this show?
I mean a lot of them aren't bad actors outside of this show
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQeVu_GDvu0
>>
Am I the only one that enjoyed the Frozen arc? The final scene with the Snow Queen was really good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Grp9iGqo90
>>
>>69275670
I hated Frozen so much but i really enjoyed this season. It was pretty great
>>
>>69275708
Looking at it in retrospect, that arc had the most cohesive writing. It introduced a plot line, resolved it, and ended it. Whereas now the storylines are all over the place and introduce things that get dropped left and right.
>>
>>69275670
I liked it too, i wanted Ingrid to win and have her blonde harem...i mean sisters back.
>>
>>69275666
because the writing is usually bad and quite honestly it's probably frustrating for the actors to have their characters never improve or change in any meaningful way, or to constantly be going through character arcs only for the writers to go LOL NEVERMIND for shits and giggles. I feel so bad for Robert Carlyle in particular because instead of letting Rumpelstiltskin have any sort of character growth or development, they have to have the character grow, change, sacrifice himself.... then "lolololol nevermind I'm the Dark One for now and always!" in cycles.
>>
>>69275781
What they're doing with 5 is rounding up all loose ends and resolving them, that's why the Chinese Dragon guy (from season 2) is in next weeks promo. I think they realized what they did and are trying to fix it. They scrapped a lot of the world building for Disney tie ins. We haven't seen the ogre wars since season 2 before a couple weeks ago
>>
File: 1411630911760.png (607 KB, 591x800) Image search: [Google]
1411630911760.png
607 KB, 591x800
literally perfect
>>
>>69275877
I was livid when he got his powers back. It ruined his whole arc because they didn't know where to go beyond that.
>>
>>69275892
>I think they realized what they did and are trying to fix it.

you're a more hopeful person than I.

Do you think we'll ever find out what the fuck happened to Cinderella's prince?
>>
>>69275934
It was so, so stupid. Instead of leaping on the opportunity to do something with the character beyond "muwahahahaha he's trying to gain some powerful object/spell/etc" they said "well, let's just... make him evil again, sound good? good."
>>
>>69275896
WHY WASN'T RUBY IN THAT ARC FOR SOME EPIC ELSA/RUBY LEZZING?!!
>>
>>69275936
wasn't that answered at the end of her first episode? didn't she find him in Storybrooke? Unless something happened afterwards that I'm forgetting, it's been years
>>
>>69276055
She found his Storybrooke version, but they had this unresolved plot in the Enchanted Forest where Rumpelstiltskin did something to the prince after she tricked him into signing that contract. And they never followed up on Cinderella in the Enchanted Forest so that never got touched on again.
>>
>>69275936
If they can get her back for an episode, maybe. They brought back Ruby just to explain where she went.
>>
>>69276173
A lot of things carried over, Belle was still captive when Storybrooke was created.
>>
>>69276055
Found the scene https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuVks3u3hW4
>>
>>69276173
I see. Yeah for some reason this show's unresolved plotlines bug me more than any others, like even though Arthur's gone now the other people in Camelot are still there and what about Guinevere? Is she still a mindless sex slave? That shit's disturbing
>>
>>69275970
I'm hoping they do that whole "doing good through darkness thing"
I doubt they will, but im hopeful
>>
File: Lancelot_OUAT_Season_5_Poster.jpg (1 MB, 1000x1500) Image search: [Google]
Lancelot_OUAT_Season_5_Poster.jpg
1 MB, 1000x1500
hi tumblr
>>
>>69276305
I think the next episode is going to be like the last two-parter they did
the first half is the finale and then the next hour's title implies that it will focus on what happened while they were gone
>>
>>69276055
Depends on what answer you're looking for. In the scene he says 'you'll never see him again, until I have that baby!' so them reuniting in Storybrooke (albeit cursed) can be the resolution of what happens to him. But we never find out exactly why he suddenly vanished in the Enchanted Forest. Presumably it was Rumple's magic, though. I doubt the writers will spend time on it since they don't even use Cinderella anymore.
>>
>>69276325
>in one episode
>dies off screen
>comes back years later
>actually dies
they killed the same nigger twice, how is it not based?
>>
>rewatching the first season

Man. This show used to be really fun and delightful to watch, almost like the 10th Kingdom in tone.
>>
>>69276422
he didn't die, he went off to go find something and was outside the range of the curse
>>
>>69275670
That scene was so powerful, when they get their memories back, it doesn't flashback, because you seen everything that is given back to them. you see it in Elsa and Emma's faces that they remembered someone that they cared about very much. I just realized that the memory curse Ingrid's sister used on her kingdom affected everyone but Gerda, so Ingrid remembered only the worst part of her sister, that she was trapped in the urn and forgot that her sister's loved her "all i wanted was to have my sister's love" i always thought she met Emma and Elsa, but she met her actual sisters.
;-;7
>>
I thought I was the only one who watched this show. Of all the Lostlikes out there, this one somehow fills the largest portion of the LOST sized void in my heart.

Happy to see it being discussed.
>>
I just want to know if SwanQueen is really endgame?
>>
>>69276791
No, of course its not.
They baited you faggots, anyways it doesn't matters Ruby/Anything Female is superior.
>>
>>69276625
It's one of the best scenes in the show, in my opinion. There's genuine emotion and acting going on there. [spoiler I felt almost nothing in this last episode with Emma was crying over Hook, whose relationship has been building for seasons, but I cried like a baby in that Snow Queen scene.[/spoiler]

I never thought about the memory curse like that before, but that makes sense.
>>
>>69276746
It has that same journey not the destination and flashback storytelling that Lost had, and writers and actors
>>
>>69276956
well I messed that tag up, I sure did
>>
>>69276956
neither did I. I think it was because last episode you say goodbye to Hook. There's no space between that and him hanging out with Arthur
>>
Why wont they bring Lily and Maleficent back???
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0HAYaGNZeI
>>
File: CQ--4puU8AASPmt.jpg (43 KB, 598x317) Image search: [Google]
CQ--4puU8AASPmt.jpg
43 KB, 598x317
>Mulan gets feelings for Philip
>they can't hook up because of Aurora
>Mulan gets feelings for Aurora
>they can't hook up because of Philip and a baby on the way
>Mulan meets Merida and it seems like they'll hook up
>nope
>Mulan meets Ruby and it seems like they'll hook up
>nope

Being Mulan is suffering, holy shit.
>>
>>69277165
>Mulan and Ruby don't hook up
i was kind of bummed we didn't see that.
>>
>>69277087

>There's an explanation, of course. You see, um... I'm a really terrible person and I left her in the woods to die.

God I love Cruella.
>>
>>69275666
I like it usually. I like when they ham it up
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrC0FgDrdGc
>>
I tried watching this show on Netflix, but stopped after a season or 2 when I realized they have no intention of ever resolving the plot. They will drag it out indefinitely. The day-to-day writing is not good either.

It really is a shame. So many of these shows have fantastic premises only to collapse in on themselves because the writers are afraid to progress the plot towards any significant conclusion.
>>
>>69277229
especially since it seems like they were teasing viewers with it.
>>
>>69277407
nah keep watching, most stuff is resolved, it's just season 2 is fucking terrible and goes nowhere. I mean even at it's worst, it is never as bad as season 2's best episode.
>>
File: fahk.png (92 KB, 254x251) Image search: [Google]
fahk.png
92 KB, 254x251
>>69277165
>Mulan has to watch while Red kisses Dorothy
>>
>>69277478
So they resolve the original plot arc? They escape from the trap of the magical town and return to their normal lives? It didn't seem like that was the direction they were going.
>>
>>69277559
Yes, actually. Although Snow white and Regina reset the curse because not everyone could go back home
>>
Do you think they'll ever bother with another spin-off series? I actually liked that Once Upon a Time in Wonderland was only one season. It works better as a contained story with an ending. (Well despite the business with the Knave's crossover into OUAT that I don't think they ever fully explained? or if they did I've long since forgotten)
>>
>>69277658
I may have seen that part. I just remember being continually frustrated because the central plot wasn't progressing for arbitrary reasons.
>>
>>69277482
JUST
U
S
T
But seriously, they need to ship her to Arendelle and just let the fanficfags do the work that needs to be done.
>>
>>69277766
if you want the resolution to be "everyone goes to the Enchanted Forest and everything goes on like it was before," you're not going to get that resolution.
>>
>>69277766
That was in season 3
>>
>>69277958
That's more of an ending tbqh
>>
>>69277754
>mfw i remember that the studio execs admit to destroying this show
It had a last minute change in scheduling. This was meant to take place during the midseason breaks and be an anthology series so the writers of the main show didn't feel obligated to keep going back to Wonderland and Oz. They then for no reason aired it on Thursdays at a different time and even during OUATs season 3a run.
>They were going to do OZ and Frozen seasons.
I will always be salty
>>
>Watching fanfiction: the TV show
>>
File: 1446935858479s.jpg (3 KB, 124x120) Image search: [Google]
1446935858479s.jpg
3 KB, 124x120
>>69278221
>watching tv
I bet you like movies and video games too you faggot
>>
>>69278214
Was it really? Damn that would have been really interesting.
>>
>cruella married a jew to have a nice life
>Cruella Feinberg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiGYVqVcsWE
>>
>>69275781
Season 4 all together was fantastic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAj9t08zaF4
>>
>>69278795
I miss maleficent
Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.