[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just rewatched this flick. It's actually really quite
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: Batman_Returns_Poster.jpg (81 KB, 508x755) Image search: [Google]
Batman_Returns_Poster.jpg
81 KB, 508x755
Just rewatched this flick.

It's actually really quite awful in many ways, worse than Spiderman 3, X-men 3 in fact it might even be worse than Man of Steel.

There is way too many villains for one thing and the plot is a clusterfuck of awful.
>>
>>69271535
But it is far more interesting and weird than those three movies
>>
>>69271535
Pitch-perfect tone. There's a lot to be said for that.
>>
>>69271535
Michelle Piefer was hot as sin
>>
I always thought Catwoman's characterization and costume was really stupid in this movie.
Yes it was hot (of fucking course '90s Michelle Pfeiffer in skintight latex is going to be hot) but the patchwork stitching looked dumb.
>>
>>69271535

Sometimes I forget what a pleb looks like. Then I saw OP.
>>
>>69271535
18+
>>
ITT: millennial opinions
>>
>>69273109
I've honestly lost count of how many times I've beat off to her
>>
File: image.jpg (41 KB, 396x458) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41 KB, 396x458
>>69271535

How'd you like Civil War, kid?
>>
File: m2zkVJJ.jpg (275 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
m2zkVJJ.jpg
275 KB, 1920x1080
>>69271535
It's a Tim Burton flick of course it's weird as fuck, but it still has more artistic merit than the other ones you listed.

Shit like Catwoman cartwheeling in and out of every scene showed it knew exactly what it was.
>>
>>69271535

>Perfect balance of darker themes and high camp
>Keaton, Pfeiffer, DeVito, and Walken all suit their roles perfectly
>No manchild power fantasy shit. Batman is portrayed as a mentally unstable individual who is ultimately as damaged as his villains, the four main characters are all mirrors of each other in one way or another
>Burton's set design is fantastic, and the winter setting makes for the best live action Gotham ever
>The Batman/Catwoman relationship is the best romantic subplot in any comic book movie
>That ballroom scene
>One of Danny Elfman's best scores
>Based Siouxsie & the Banshees

It's the best capeshit movie of all time, and a great movie in its own right. Fight me.
>>
>>69274156
>camp

Stopped reading there. Camp is awful and always has been. Thankfully Nolan's Batman trilogy got rid of it and comic movies are all the better for it.
>>
>>69275442
Even if you think that's true, they're unquestionably more generic and less memorable now.
>>
>>69271535
i can't get over how hot michelle pfeiffer was on this
>>
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 300x400
>>69275442

>Children's picture books about people in ridiculous costumes fighting evil bad guys with magic powers are serious business and must be treated with the dignity and respect they deserve
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.