[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/action/ general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (224 KB, 1050x799) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
224 KB, 1050x799
Let's take a break from capeshit and talk about some our personal favorite Action movies, 80s, 90s, whatever

Pic related is probably my second favorite Van damme after Bloodsport, and while John woo was probably under a lot of studio interference, the action is top notch
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GrlUWh2ZlHo
>>
>>69269617
Now THIS is a thread I can get behind.

I'm a pleb when it comes to the action genre, and I really want to see some real highlights of the gun-fu genre.

I know John Woo's a fucking master, but who else has done really effective gun-fu?
>>
I want to watch that Van Damme movie where a hockey stadium gets hijacked and he's a security a guard, it was like Die Hard on ice.

Also that movie with Dennis Leary where some guy takes a wrong turn off the freeway and is in some apocalyptic ghetto.
>>
File: equilibrium.jpg (562 KB, 800x1200) Image search: [Google]
equilibrium.jpg
562 KB, 800x1200
Could never decide whether I loved or hated this movie. /Schlockino/ general?
>>
>>69269870
Desperado and John Wick
>>
>>69270015
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U02E2sjwlLM

lol
>>
Hard Target is actually a good movie with a lot of interesting visuals and one of the best villains in an action movie. Bloodsport is mainly loved for its cult status and nostalgia
>>
>>69270087
Bloodsport honestly has a pretty good balance of action and 80s cheese, but it's actually really impressive in that they got a bunch of different styles of fighting in the competition, and not just like karate or kung fu, even wierd shit like monkey fighting

Hard Target is probably actionkino simply because of John Woo, he really put many other competing action movies at the time to shame with this. Theres just somwtting about him
>>
>>69269617
Bump
>>
>>69270061
John Wick I absolutely adored, and I respect the hell out of El Mariachi, but I really need to watch Desperado.

Anything else? The Gun-Kata shit in >>69270015 was cool as fuck.
>>
>>69269617

Besides the usual Hollywood Jew studio horse shit, Woo and Van Damme were also arguing quite a bit, because Jean-Claude was behaving like a spoiled little faggot, wanting Hard Target to be yet another 'JCVD film'

Don't forget, Henriksen and Vosloo also help make Hard Target what it is

'Randle...I come back here...I cut me a steak'
>>
>>69270315
i don't like Woo's other movies all that much. I think what Hard Target has going for it is the right level of camp. with others there isn't enough, and with Face/Off there's too much
>>
File: 5647.jpg (29 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
5647.jpg
29 KB, 512x384
>There is a general for a genre as broad as "action" but two capeshit movies are allowed to occupy 70% of the board space
>>
>>69271758
Emile's gun was was by far one of the best villian weapons of all time

Was surprised to learn it's an actual thing. John Woo's films really got me into guns for awhile
>>
>/___/
>general
fuck off
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.