[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Frame rate of actions scenes in Civil War
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (35 KB, 500x417) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35 KB, 500x417
Did anyone else think the frame rate of the first action sequence in Lagos was a bit weird?
>>
it wasnt the framerate, but the lack of motion blur, giving it that choppy look.

24 frames per seconds only works because of motion blur, without it, it's like having a strobelight in your eyes.

Saving Private Ryan used it through the entire movie to give it more edge, but not to the same degree.
>>
>>69269257
>it wasnt the framerate, but the lack of motion blur, giving it that choppy look.
This.

>>69269023
Not really, The Force Awakes had some terrible frame rate stuff. The did some in 30 and some in 23.976 and it made the set pieces look kinda jittery.
>>
>>69269257
Why though?
>>
>>69269491
Maybe they thought it'd add to the frantic nature of trying to secure that bioweapon?
>>
>>69269023
Fuck off back to
>>>/v/
>>
Fuck. I was sitting unusually close to the screen when I saw the movie too.

Lagos scene felt like it was made by one group, then the rest of the movie by others, and then the queens scene +airport by a whole other group or maybe two.
>>
>>69269491
because do you expect downey junior to be able to perform combat choreography on stilts?

They needed some added energy to Downeys phones in performance.
>>
>>69269690
That's probably what happened.
>>
>>69269023
I was more distracted by the terrible CGI and special effects. The entire Lagos scene looked like it was from a B Movie for some reason.
>>
if you have motion blur during fast high action scenes it looks blurry as fucking shit

you remove that to make everything stay sharp

this is why we need high framerate to take over
>>
>>69269023
You can't just change the framerate on the fly on a movie projector, stupid.
Fucking stupid idiot.
>>
>>69269675
>>
>>69269257
>24 frames per second only works because of motion blur
24 FPS is WHY the motion blur happens, you fat, ugly moron.
>>
>>69269023

It was explained here by people in the business.

>>69161535
>>
>>69271534
Grow up.
>>
>>69271699
What the fuck are you talking about? I was talking about the framerate of the movie itself. I never even mentioned a movie projector once.
>>
>>69269023

I thought it was a technique they use to make cams look choppy.
>>
>>69271757
Motion blur is an effect of shutter degree, not frame rate.
>>
>>69274764
How can one person get stupider per post? What do you think was used to play the movie, poindexter?
>>
>>69277347
This is a common misconception, the effect known as motion blur is caused by the framerate.
>>
>>69277530
Are you saying this movie used multiple frame rates?
>>
>>69277530
It seems it's all about the shutter. I'm no expert, btw.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9-Jum6TrC1o
>>
>>69270152
If you watch the b-roll footage, you can see the action in the movie is sped up quite a bit for things like Stark vs WS escape.
>>
>>69269257
it looks better without motion blur you autist
>>
>shitty capeshit that has no effort put into is shit
wow great job Watson
>>
>>69271757
you're a fucking idiot des
>>
24fps playing back on a 60hz display is what generates the film judder effect.

Combined with shakey cam and you get that Saving Private Ryan/Jason Bourne motion sickness inducing stuff.

Russos called in the action choreographers/directors from John Wick to help with the airport fight. Less shakey cam, much more tolerable action. Should have them handle all of the fights in the next movie.
>>
You guys are all fucking retards. The framerate looks strange because its green screened and when you film something on greenscreen, you cant have any motion blur so you have to change the cameras shutter angle to 45 and makes a frame look like a photograph and this way you can easily key out the greenscreen since you dont deal with blur merging with the greenscreen rather than the naturalistic lookig 180 in which youd get that natural blur effect
>>
>>69277530
>>69278800

It's both guys. Traditionally movies are shot at 24 fps, with a shuttr angle of 180 degrees which is the equivalent of 1/48 sec. at that framerate.

If you shot something at, say, 1000 fps you get 2 options:
- slow it down to 24 thus achieving slomo
- play it that fast and thus eliminate motion blur

But you can also change motion blur by changing the shutter angle/speed if you want to maintain a comstant framerate for your film, which is usually the case. Thus if you shoot at a 90 degree angle or 1/100sec speed you will get sharper images. This is often done for CGI and greenscreen stuff because motion blur ruins one s ability to get a key off the green so you get muddy textures. So they shoot sharper and add motion blur in post
>>
>>69285934
The opening action sequence was shot on set with a low amount of greenscreens
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.