[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think of the Magnificent Seven reboot coming soon?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: seven.jpg (81 KB, 620x465) Image search: [Google]
seven.jpg
81 KB, 620x465
What do you think of the Magnificent Seven reboot coming soon?
>>
>>69268163
Pointless
>>
I hope it revitalizes Westerns. You can never have enough Westerns.
>>
>>69268247
I've never been a huge fan of westerns. Not that they're bad or anything I like a few, like the man with no name trilogy, the original magnificent seven, the wild bunch, and true grit, I've just never liked watching them above most other genres.
>>
WE
>>
>>69268163
I haven't seen the original movie, or the movie the original was based on.

I'll have to watch those before I can give an informed opinion.
>>
>>69268163
denzel washington is the only one that looks cool
>>
Can't wait to see Ethan Hawke
>>
>>69268247
yeah u can have enough Westerns why do you think Cannes banned Westerns from their festival
>>
>>69268163
Looking forward to it, loved the original, but don't mind a reboot if it's good, like true grit
>>
>>69268163
Needs more Blacks and women
>>
I'm going to watch it because I like Haley Bennett and the Hawkeman but I don't think it will be very good. Hopefully hearing about this one makes people watch the original inspirations.
>>
File: Britt.jpg (141 KB, 1600x680) Image search: [Google]
Britt.jpg
141 KB, 1600x680
>>69268163
I'm actually really excited. Magnificent Seven is one of the first westerns I saw, and Seven Samurai is my favorite Kurosawa kino.

And, weirdly enough, I think this is one of the few movies that actually can potentially benefit from the forced diversity that has been shoved down our throats. I'm just slightly concerned about the casting: the original had such iconic faces (McQueen, Brynner, Coburn) and outside of Washington, I don't see that. I hope I'm pleasantly surprised.

Anyway, who was your favorite in the original? Britt a best.
>>
>>69269644
Also, how is the TV series? I accidentally picked it up a while back, but never bothered to return it.
>>
>>69269644
I like Ethan Hawke and Denzel as casting choices. I gotta go with Coburn in the the original
>And Mifune in Seven Samurai
>>
File: 1461160511528.jpg (865 KB, 1717x1145) Image search: [Google]
1461160511528.jpg
865 KB, 1717x1145
>>69268163
>nigger
>Pratt
>a bunch of literally who's™

Looks pleb as shit. Guessing you and reddishit are looking forward to some nigger and le dancing galaxy movie meme man
>>
>>69270034
Sorry that we're not talking about capeshit friend :^)
>>
>>69268163
NOT ENOUGH DIVERSITY I THINK I SEE A WHITE GUY
>>
>>69271971
>implying le westerns aren't the original meme genre like capeshit is now

Here's your ™you™, for you.
>>
>>69268644
IS
>>
>>69268235
like you
>>
>>69268163
I wish Charles Bronson was still alive to cameo.
And I hope they put the emphasis on the team building, training, and general suspense leading up to the final battle, instead of just being an excuse to have a variety of Western actions scenes.

And who are they casting as the knife thrower?
>>
>>69268163
I don't know if I appreciate all that cultural diversity.
>>
I don't think it's diverse enough. Needs a tranny and a muslim
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.