[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT Last movie you've watched
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 14
File: large_filth_ver8.jpg (55 KB, 400x593) Image search: [Google]
large_filth_ver8.jpg
55 KB, 400x593
A friend recommended this to me and i loved every second of it.
McAvoy was fucking brilliant
>>
The novel vs the movie

[s]Robertson was a depraved and malicious individual who possibly molested his daughter, and forced his wife to engage in swinging and similar practices leading to the break-up of their marriage. The murder victim was a black man who cucked (MEMES LOL) Robertson, who later stalked him in his female persona intending to "talk to him". The man was beaten up by the thugs, but it was Robertson who finished him off.

There is a sub-plot involving Robertson's membership in the Freemasons, at the climax his superior in the force, an inferior in the Lodge, covers up the murder.

Unknown to anyone except the reader, the tapeworm is presented as sentient (it's narration are presented as "infesting" the pages and overwritten Bruce's), towards the climax it exposits Bruce's unhappy childhood, the cause of his repulsive personality. Bruce was the product of rape by a serial sex-offender known as "The Beast", for this reason he was looked down on by his step-father and a cruel teacher, but was very close to his maternal grandmother and half-brother. When his brother died young in a prank gone wrong Bruce was blamed and further alienated from his family.

In the final scene Robertson invites his wife to visit him, intending to hang himself in front of her whilst wearing a t-shirt printed with the message "You made me do this". Unfortunately he realises too late his wife brought their daughter with her, he dies knowing he has further hurt her [/s]
>>
>>69261296
>can't substitute initials in tags

This imageboard sucks
>>
>>69261073
Fedora: the movie
>>
>>69261073
I love Filth, most aptly-named film I've ever seen.

Eye In The Sky was like a low-budget TV drama stretched out into feature length, and very hamfisted, I was shocked when my friends said it was really good.

To list the dumb shit
>The "good muslim" character who's secretly teaching his daughter maths in a jihadist area (update of the "good German" WW2 cliche)
>Super moral military personnel who object to killing people and cry when they have to
>Remote controlled robot animal cameras
>Bad guys who conveniently wait around doing nothing until the next plot development
>Diarrhoea jokes

>>69261346
Someone's new
>>
>>69261073
>comedy with no jokes
>>
>>69261696
>What is black comedy
>>
>>69261768
something staring ice cube, kevin hart or chris rock
>>
>>69261768

Barbershop.
>>
>>69261421

>Fedora: the post
>>
>>69261073
>>
File: junglebooktriptych2.jpg (600 KB, 800x1185) Image search: [Google]
junglebooktriptych2.jpg
600 KB, 800x1185
The music scenes could have used a lot more character movement, they were shot like dialogue and it felt like it had one foot in the genre door as a result.

Mowgli was a bit annoying, but the kid wasn't a bad actor.

I was bored throughout most of the second half, but the credits sequence was adorable and completely turned my mood around.
>>
>>69261073
>Guy who has a fear of getting cucked by a black man
No wonder 4channers like it.
>>
File: Burnt_Poster_Updated (1).jpg (48 KB, 256x380) Image search: [Google]
Burnt_Poster_Updated (1).jpg
48 KB, 256x380
good place to vent about this fucking movie. it was every neckbeard's fantasy. "what if I was so good at something that I never had to improve my social skills and could treat everyone like shit and have them all sucking my dick anyway"

Bradley Cooper's supposed to be like Gordon Ramsey but he's like an unintentional parody of him. He does two things: has over the top temper tantrums over nothing, and bloviates like a teenager (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uY7nuWSzwX8). more importantly though the movie still wants you to be rooting for him despite this. because he's just such a genius at something you have no evidence of

meanwhile everyone wants to sleep with him and everything works out his way. at one point he's talking to a minor character and out of nowhere she mentions that she's a lesbian but made an exception for him once. there's a male gay character whose main motivation is that he's in love with him. he treats Sienna Miller like complete shit but of course they get together

the climax is that he self-destructs and tries to kill himself (being a tortured artist) but the main antagonist of the movie - a rival chef who despises him - saves his life. he admits Bradley Cooper is truly the greatest chef ever who inspires him to be better. and of course it turns out the thing he tried to kill himself over was just a big misunderstanding and in the end he gets everything he wants. you're supposed to see this as his big redemption but he's learned nothing and doesn't deserve any of it. worst movie I've seen in a long time.
>>
File: Choke Scam.jpg (85 KB, 500x253) Image search: [Google]
Choke Scam.jpg
85 KB, 500x253
>>69261073
If you loved Filth you'd probably also enjoy Choke.
>>
File: 810Fw8dOh4L._SL1500_.jpg (237 KB, 1065x1500) Image search: [Google]
810Fw8dOh4L._SL1500_.jpg
237 KB, 1065x1500
Like any intelligent, forward thinking citizens of the 21st century, my wife and I are feminists. And like any feminists we were shocked and disgusted by this movie.

Both the main character (Jiro) AND the narrator are male! If alarms aren't going off in your head so far you're probably a bigot. Things became more and more repulsive as the movie played on. All of the supporting characters are male! And even worse, almost every single character in the movie is male!

I don't care if this is a documentary. My wife left the room in tears at the end of the first hour during a particularly sickening scene where Jiro serves a room full of customers. He says (not an exact quote) "I made the meals smaller for the women and larger for the men so that everyone would finish at the same time." Things like this would be expected in a film about Adolf Hitler or Winston Churchill (both disgusting sexist pigs)but in a movie about food it was just chilling. And that wasn't even the worst part! The women in the room appeared (probably special effects or movie magic of some type) TO APPROVE OF THIS. Can you believe that?

My wife won't talk about it and I'm not sure I could if I wanted to. I finished the movie with tears in my bloodshot eyes. I can't believe we've advanced so far as a society and women are still seen as being gutter scum.

Anyone forward thinking enough to simply be on the internet, to find this movie, to read this review, will be disgusted by the brutally sexist assault on your senses and common decency this movie has gotten away with.
>>
>>69263239
whoever wrote this was trying way too hard, but there are people who will actually fall for it so I guess you can't blame him
>>
>>69263326
Or maybe it's just satire and meant to be humorous rather than b8
>>
File: Black_Rain.jpg (25 KB, 220x326) Image search: [Google]
Black_Rain.jpg
25 KB, 220x326
>>69261073
Fuck the anon who recommended this piece of shit to me. I'm surprised Michael Douglas ever showed his face in public again after his performance in this movie. The only good part was Ken Takakura and Andy Garcia singing Ray Charles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWSQHj0DkLI

I wish I had just rewatched the Yakuza instead. That was a much better film.
>>
File: henry-v-poster.jpg (489 KB, 1400x2100) Image search: [Google]
henry-v-poster.jpg
489 KB, 1400x2100
Probably one of my new favorite movies
>>
File: 1388730676871.gif (904 KB, 427x240) Image search: [Google]
1388730676871.gif
904 KB, 427x240
>>69263239

>someone typed all this out and thought it was funny

I mean fuck, at least say you were offended because you identify as tunakin or something, this was just bad.
>>
>>69263642
Good God, this is the best Shakespeare film adaption to date. I love every bit of this movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-yZNMWFqvM
>>
Knight of Cups

didnt understand it at all
>>
really really liked it.
>>
>>69261073
If you liked Filth, this might interest you:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kill_Your_Friends_%28film%29

It has the same sort of British asshole gets ahead elements.
>>
>>69263756
Fucking GOAT
>>
>>69261296
Legit almost all of your details about the novel are wrong. Are you fucking high?
>>
I liked it
It was very well directed. If anything I wish the plot was a bit more focused.
>>
>>69263239
kek
>>
File: 7f1e45d4125d.jpg (96 KB, 461x627) Image search: [Google]
7f1e45d4125d.jpg
96 KB, 461x627
Immensely comfy and atmospheric with great production design, although the very Japanese self-sacrifice (not just selflessness, full-on dying for a cause) message was a bit jarring.
>>
>>69263451
if that's true it's even more of a failure
>>
>>69263874
>Legit almost all of your details about the novel are wrong. Are you fucking high?

Bollocks to you mate, literally everything I said is correct.

>His daughter told "silly wee lies" about him

From the context the lies were clearly very serious, as opposed to "Dad ate the last cornetto"

>He went to swinger clubs with Carol

>The murder victim was a black man who cucked (MEMES LOL) Robertson, who later stalked him in his female persona intending to "talk to him". The man was beaten up by the thugs, but it was Robertson who finished him off.

This is all correct and exposited in the climax. Toal, his superior in the force and subordinate in the lodge clearly knows about Bruce committing the murder in their discussion.

>Bruce was the product of rape by a serial sex-offender known as "The Beast", for this reason he was looked down on by his step-father and a cruel teacher, but was very close to his maternal grandmother and half-brother. When his brother died young in a prank gone wrong Bruce was blamed and further alienated from his family.

Also exposited at the end.Protip: the "Beast" Robertson threatened Ockie (the informant) with is in fact Robertson's father who attacked his mother as she tended a grave.

>In the final scene Robertson invites his wife to visit him, intending to hang himself in front of her whilst wearing a t-shirt printed with the message "You made me do this". Unfortunately he realises too late his wife brought their daughter with her, he dies knowing he has further hurt her

An accurate recounting of the last scene.

To be honest I think you should stop reading books, you have no ability to read between the lines, I think you're the literary equivalent of the target audience for Nolan's Batman movies
>>
>>69264213
>you have no ability to read between the lines,

with further consideration you are even dumber than I thought, not only can you not read between the lines or do basic extrapolation, you can't even follow a narrative from different POVs - did you even realise the Carol scenes were Robertson's delusions? LOL
>>
>>69263764
There's nothing to get
>the scene where Bale rocks back and forth on a skateboard while his brother hacks at a TV with a machete in the backroom of a sweatshop
>the scene where it's just a bunch of slowmo replays of a dog in a Hawaiian shirt catching a tennis ball
>"You're like a 1975 housewife who takes steroids and fucks girls during the day"
Malick has lost it
>>
>>69263824

I can't believe you just compared that filth to Filth.
>>
File: Gojira_1954_Japanese_poster.jpg (3 MB, 2135x3000) Image search: [Google]
Gojira_1954_Japanese_poster.jpg
3 MB, 2135x3000
It must have been really fun being the guy in the rubber suit
>>
>>69262541
He did kill the man.
That's a big difference between a 4chan guy and bruce, ledditor.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.