[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've never given this show a try, is it any good? How does
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: 534354654.jpg (37 KB, 630x355) Image search: [Google]
534354654.jpg
37 KB, 630x355
I've never given this show a try, is it any good? How does it compare to other animated adult comedy series?
>>
>>69255579
It's pretty great for the first few series. It's Space Ghost Coast to Coast levels of good.
>>
>>69255579
it's probably my favorite animated series. i can watch it over and over.
>>
>>69255579
It's good for maybe one half hearted chuckle an episode. It pretty much falls flat on its face. Every joke is just a normal guy reacting to crazy shit. kind of like every time the camera pans to jim halpert in the office, but its the basis of every joke on the show. it's pretty bad. I stopped after the first season didn't make me laugh hardly once.
>>
solid show. don't fall for the only the first few seasons are good meme
>>
>>69256008
>saying that while Archer Vice exists

Thankfully we're through that nadir now, the last two seasons have been reasonable if not quite up with 1. Nothing reaches the heights of episodes like Skytanic.
>>
Its themes are geared more toward adults than all the others animated mature series. The characters are very formulaic though. The jokes are the same and the series tries to outdo the previous episode with lewdness.

Despite all this, it's pretty good for some chuckles. IT has a continuing plot, a lot of inside jokes and there's even a whole season that shakes things up a bit from the normal episode-to-episode mundane series.
>>
>>69256127
It's the worst season and it's still pretty good.
>>
>>69256002

Yeah, it's a one chuckle per ep. show for me too. Even Rick and Morty is like 3 chuckles per ep.
>>
>>69256270
more watchable than good
>>
>>69256002
>Every joke is just a normal guy reacting to crazy shit. kind of like every time the camera pans to jim halpert in the office, but its the basis of every joke on the show
can you even find a clip that's more tahn 30 seconds that demonstrates this? because it kind of seems like you have barely seen any of the show and are for some reason trying to describe what "every joke" is
>>
>>69256740
I think he's referring to when Archer is wiping out like dozens of people on the boat while talking about his insurance. He has seemingly forgotten that Archer is supposed to be borderline autistic with a savant like gift for violence. In the newest series the ridiculousness of him slaughtering people so effortlessly is commented on as a normal civilian shits herself when she sees him.
>>
>>69256740
I am watching an episode on netflix, and evey comedic staple is someone saying something ridiculous and Archer just saying "ugh okay" I haven't seen anything else comedy wise other than this.
>>
>>69257197
just because you dont get jokes doesnt mean they arent there
>>
The best characters in the show are

Sterling Archer
Malory
Ray
>>
>>69257263
Well then I am just a moron who doesn't get the show and my opinion shouldn't matter. Enjoy your show dude. I am just giving the OP my take on the show.
>>
>>69256008

>defending season 5 and 6

I love archer but the quality dropped so hard in those two seasons that it was painful. 5 recycled the exact same two jokes about pam and carol an entire fucking season long. And lana's character took a nosedive the second she had a kid.

Season 7 has been pretty good so far though.
>>
>>69256466
Rick and morty I laughed pretty hard at least 2 times an ep. I much prefer it to Archer but I am not a huge fan of RandM either,
If this is a real response and you aren't trying to get me to admit to liking RandM to expose me as Reddit
>>
>>69257402
bad compared to other season, still really good for adult cartoons.

season 7 is much better, I noticed they went ambiguous with the time setting again. everyone had giant phones in the last episode.
>>
Well how about you give it a try and see for yourselves you stupid fuck.

Fuck you people make mad with your idiocy. Actually don't give it a try, just kill yourself.
>>
>>69257595
CAPTAIN AUTIST to the rescue!
>>
>>69257595
chill the fuck out you bitter little bitch
>>
Starts off a little slow but still gives sensible chuckles but in later seasons, shit gets wild. Also I'm not usually into 2D but Cheryl/Cherlene makes me diamonds.
>>
>>69255579
I think it's pretty funny
>>
s1-3 god tier
s4 okay
s5 not very good
s6 better than 5 but worse than 4, although the finale made me laugh really hard when the guy exploded
havent seen s7
>>
>>69255579

Just watch the first episode. If you don't like it you probably won't like the rest of the series. It's not one of those shows you need a lot of investment in to enjoy.
>>
>>69258094
>havent seen s7
s4 tier as in... it's ok but i wouldn't recommend it to people that never watched it before
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.