[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>preferring outdated "practical" effects to cutting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: 1413064315180.jpg (59 KB, 600x663) Image search: [Google]
1413064315180.jpg
59 KB, 600x663
>preferring outdated "practical" effects to cutting edge CGI
>>
>>69255357
>outdated practical effects

well that's the point, practical effects are much less likely to look outdated 20-30 years down the road than CGI, which often looks really bad just 5 years later.
>>
>>69255357
>>>/v/
>>
All the practical stuff from the original The Thing look infinitely better than the CG shit show that was the 2013(?) one. And are you actually going to defend any CG blood effect?
>>
>>69255357
>wanting all actors to react to thin air and green screens
>wanting there to be no physical memorabilia of a film's production
>wanting to have your movie look dated as hell by the week after it comes out

Son, I think you should stick to Pixar movies.
>>
ITT: people who fear progress
>>
>>69255599
change =/= progress
>>
>>69255599
Don't get me wrong, I'm all for CG in the right hands. Jurassic Park actually used it brilliantly, but the reason that CG stuck while Jurassic World looked like a load of hot garbage is the fact that they actually used practicals as well, and used them more than the CG.

It should be used to enhance practicals, not replace them.
>>
>>69255420
practical cgi effects, by using composition techniques.
>>
>>69255491
the fucked up part, is they used practical effects for the thing 2013, but then covered it up with CGI.
>>
>>69255974
>tfw saw the practicals
>tfw they looked amazing
WHYYYY
>>
File: hitler tips.jpg (159 KB, 700x609) Image search: [Google]
hitler tips.jpg
159 KB, 700x609
>preferring outdated trains to cutting edge airplanes
>>
File: image.jpg (180 KB, 1024x577) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
180 KB, 1024x577
>>69255786 #
>It should be used to enhance practicals, not replace them.
This is the right answer. Hollywood won't survive a lack of Craftsmen. Imagine if everyone's watching Avengers 57 years from now...
https://youtu.be/sQ-sPXgSWCs
>>
>>69256000
Where did you see the practicals? Is there a site with all the pics?
>>
>>69256167
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBzpT7VmSaU

Prepare to be disappointed by the studios ineptitude.
>>
>>69256225
>all that time
>all that money
>all that effort
>all for nothing

BAKA senpai.
>>
>>69255420
>well that's the point, practical effects are much less likely to look outdated 20-30 years down the road than CGI, which often looks really bad just 5 years later.

lol, nice meme

you already can't differenciate CGI from real life in movies, unless it's human / organic cgi
>>
>>69255357
Good practical effects can look good for decades. Cgi can look bad after 2 or so years. Movies like Alien, Little Shop of Horrors still hold up in terms of practical effects. Meanwhile shit like the Matrix has aged like milk.
>>
>>69256797
are you over the age of 30?
>>
File: RULE 2.png (41 KB, 744x220) Image search: [Google]
RULE 2.png
41 KB, 744x220
>>69256928
Are you under the age of 18?
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.