[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Batman v Superman Analysis/Discussions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 214
Thread images: 39
File: 1.jpg (158 KB, 1271x612) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
158 KB, 1271x612
Batman v Superman Analysis/Discussions
>>
File: 1.jpg (218 KB, 792x2319) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
218 KB, 792x2319
*Discussion
>>
File: 2.jpg (200 KB, 1695x612) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
200 KB, 1695x612
>>
Another possible allusion?
>>69251433
>>
File: 1462690192217[1].jpg (11 KB, 261x382) Image search: [Google]
1462690192217[1].jpg
11 KB, 261x382
Last thread was very productive
>>69235093
>>69235459
>>69235502
The piss bottle isn't only a reference to Serrano Andres' Piss Christis, but also a child's unconscious expression of power.
>>
>>69251408
The movie was shit, the end. There's your discussion
>>
File: 1.jpg (55 KB, 1280x768) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
55 KB, 1280x768
>>69251564
>>69251743
One thing I can't understand is this.

It's obviously a reference to king Kong, but how does it connect with doomsday
>>
>>69251408
You mind if I bring some world-building discussion to the table, too?
>>
>>69251914
Found this.

According to scientist/theologian Emanuel Swedenborg, the entire human race has a connate knowledge of objective truth. This cosmic knowledge is a function of a higher level of the human mind that is trying to make contact with our everyday consciousness. Movies like King Kong are a result of this temporary contact, which produces a profound symbolic representation of humankind’s spiritual predicament.

So let’s break down some of the elements in this famous movie and see if we can translate them into their spiritual analogies (correspondences).

First of all, the movie starts off in a center of modern civilization—New York City. An expedition is formed to seek out something unusual on a far off island. Symbolically speaking, New York City represents the modern, or western intellect. A far off island represents something obscure in the human psyche. Traveling by ocean means that to get to this desolate island one must go to the far boundaries of one’s memory.

The island they are seeking represents a forgotten, but important part of the human psyche. The human intellect, represented by the exploratory party and expedition, believes it will discover something important for the modern world to see.

King Kong symbolizes a gigantic part of the human psyche, which has failed to take part of the current trajectory of human development. Removed from this development it has grown into something immensely savage and primitive (which is symbolized by living among dinosaurs). King Kong represents what happens in a modern society that neglects the importance of developing one’s emotional world properly.
>>
>>69252332
That King Kong becomes attracted to a female of the human race symbolizes an intention of this improperly developed world of human emotions to conjoin with the more intellectual world of knowledge.

This conjunction is doomed to failure because the knowledge and progress of the modern intellect is artificial and therefore does not reach or affect the human heart in any spiritually helpful way. This neglect of cosmic responsibility brings the fabricated human intellect into conflict with real human feelings (which represent the reality of our inner world and our true being). This conflict plays out in the ultimate setting of King Kong climbing to the top of the Empire State Building—the pinnacle of modern, manufactured knowledge. But the “beast” is killed by the highest ideas of the fabricated human intellect (airplanes) because the modern world doesn’t want to deal with reality or its true responsibility of addressing its inner ugliness.

https://thegodguy.wordpress.com/2012/02/01/the-symbolism-of-king-kong/

It ties pretty well with the Apollonian/Dionysian conflict if you ask me. Note that Doomsday instead of falling in love with a female like King Kong does, his emotions are distinctly the opposite. He has a deep hatred for Clark, mirroring Zod's sentiment. So Doomsday represents another facet of man's primitive, forgotten side, not one that can be found looking into the past, but one looking into the future, represented by Krypton's failed society, and its over-dependence in technology, rigid mindset, and disregard for morality and human life for the sake of progress.
>>68992181
>>69128743
>>
>>69252332
Just a thought here, but could King Kong be tapping into some sort of archetype representative of "the savage triumphant/ascendant?" In other words, could it be playing on an unconscious fear of our animal nature and instincts usurping the higher mind?
>>
>>69251516
This image sums up pretty well the thesis of the film.

Same as the image of Archangel Michael has been reinterpreted (it's also a callback to older images of Horus and Apollo), Superman is a modern myth. As such it has also been reinterpreted to represent the struggles of each generation, including our own: marriage of high-art and low-art, and as Armond said, "resolving the conflict between commerce and art".
>>
Love how pretentious it is. Everyone I know is like "turn your brain off it's just a dumb action flick." Then everyone trying so hard to defend it says it's deep because Snyder can put some shallow symbolism in there.
>>
>>69252550
Absolutely, and it ties in well with the theme of conquering oneself in order to ascend from child to man.
Our animal nature can't be denied, and repressing it leads to destructive paths. Instead, this internal dichotomy has to be reconciled in order to ascend. Very Nietzschean too.
>>
File: 1.jpg (970 KB, 1500x3000) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
970 KB, 1500x3000
>>69252237
Bring everything you've got.
>>
On Frankenstein's monster and electricity, here's the passage in the novel that depicts its birth:
>It was on a dreary night of November that I beheld the accomplishment of my toils. With an anxiety that almost amounted to agony, I collected the instruments of life around me, that I might infuse a spark of being into the lifeless thing that lay at my feet. It was already one in the morning; the rain pattered dismally against the panes, and my candle was nearly burnt out, when, by the glimmer of the half-extinguished light, I saw the dull yellow eye of the creature open; it breathed hard, and a convulsive motion agitated its limbs.

Today, we mostly read that phrase "spark of being" as electricity, because, as it turns out, electricity really is what makes the human heart run. In 1771, a guy named Luigi Galvani discovered that electricity could make a frog's legs twitch.

great fuel for a long-standing debate: are we just bodies, or are we something more? Is the spark of being that makes us run really just electricity, or is it something non-material and non-scientific, like a soul? Can a "spark" really give life back to the dead—or does true life require something beyond the material?

In Doomsday's case, his soul is twisted by Lex and Zod's hatred.
>>
http://www.thegekdom.com/home/2016/4/30/a-thesis-on-batman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice
>>
>>69252781
It will be mostly textual, but here's what I think.

They might be giving us a world where Earth really has become the spiritual heir of Krypton. That is to say, where the Kryptonians' expansion out into the cosmos was abandoned out of fear, a fear born of what's waiting out there "in the dark among the stars." The Kryptonians could be a resource that Darkseid actively seeks out. In an old story arc in the "Legion of Superheroes," a comic set in the far future of the DC universe, Darkseid enthralls the entire planet Daxam, a planet also orbiting a red sun and itself an old Kryptonian colony where Kryptonians intermingled with the biologically compatible native population, in effect creating an entire planet of potential "supermen." He then moves the planet(by "thinking" it into another location) into an orbit around a star like our own, creating a population of mind-slaves just as powerful as Superman himself. On earth, we have the Kryptonian scout ship with its ramp deployed and its empty hibernation chamber.

In short, Earth has become a self-contained stand-in for Daxam, where Kryptonian genetics are represented in the metahuman genetic strain.

The outposts we saw in Zod's flashbacks depicted Kryptonians that appeared to have died violently. The one we see in the most detail lay dead, still clutching a rifle. I'm starting to believe that Krypton's expansion brought them into contact with Darkseid, and depending on how they handle him, he could be presented as something akin to a memetic virus, essentially infecting minds that come into knowledge of him. This could have been what prompted the Kryptonians to not only abandon their outposts but to perhaps also kill them off, sort of like amputating a diseased limb. That would make the history that both Zod and Jor-El allude to a false, revisionist history implemented as a measure intended to quarantine the infection.
>>
>>69251408
What's the middle picture from?
>>
>>69253678
Wew lad, thanks. I'll read it later.
>>
>>69253850
Stained-glass window inside the Wayne mausoleum seen in Bruce's dream.
>>
>>69253901
>a tomb has a picture of an angel
What's the significance?
>>
>>69252781
You can tell a 15 year old made that picture
>>
File: 1.jpg (337 KB, 1680x1680) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
337 KB, 1680x1680
>Kennedy was the hero America needed
>Snyder is the hero films need

They look eerily similar too
>>
>>69254081
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prosopagnosia
>>
>>69253782
Continuing,

In light of those suppositions, what all the religious imagery is there to represent(mankind's unconscious deification of Clark) would be something else that Darkseid craves. There's an old trope in comics where "god's" powers wax and wane dependent upon the amount of worship they're receiving. That idea would serve as a very handy way to place a limitation on Darkseid and Apokolips. His method of transporting Apokolips could depend on having a cult of "believers" at the destination point to serve as his "beacon," and only once his "gospel" is sufficiently spread does he have enough power to "think" Apokolips into a new location.
>>
>>69253678
Thanks for the link!
>>
>>69254114
"The bell's already been rung."
>>
>>69254114
>>69253782

Good catch.
Will be contributing more soon
>>
>>69251408
>>69251451
>>69251516
I actually laughed so hard
>>
The main theme of Snyder's "Batman v Superman" on spiritual dematerialism is not eschatological, but a phenomenological ontology. Thus he implies that we have to choose between predialectic construction and deconstructivist neodialectic theory, essentially Heideggerian as seen in the concept of Dasein. The subject is interpolated then into a cinematic dematerialism that includes spirituality as a whole. But if the Kierkegaardian worldview holds, we have to choose between the cultural paradigm of expression and atomism. In Snyder's own "Man of Steel" he has a character says that "the world's too big”. Inherent in this is how the function of Lebenswelt (cinematically translated by Snyder as "world of life") operates in all his films, chiefly in "Sucker Punch" and "300". We see a phenomenological approach to the world showing a cinematic logic that presupposes a strucutral constraint in rootedness, another intentionality central to his filmography and philosophy. Because "metaphysical comfort" is not an object of temporality per se, but rather an aspect of automatic condition, as suggested by Cavell. Hermeneutic interpretations are also apparent in his post-"Watchmen" movies; in fact the interchangeable subjectivities are but another representation of Husserl's and Wittgenstein's "form of life". As his academic hero Heidegger succintly noted, "freedom is the ‘abyss’ of Dasein, its groundless or absent ground". This is essentially the thesis operating in Snyder's films.
>>
File: 1459038311268.jpg (120 KB, 1205x1285) Image search: [Google]
1459038311268.jpg
120 KB, 1205x1285
>>69251408
>>
>>69255053
love these discussions, but this post is trying to troll way too hard
>>
>>69255289
Can you refute any of those points?
>>
>>69255359
Not him, but I can't. Also, I still need to see "Sucker Punch" at some point.
>>
File: image.jpg (18 KB, 249x192) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18 KB, 249x192
I think you guys are just over-analyzing
this.
>>
>>69255634
I'm not prepared to take it to such extremes, but there's definitely more depth and creativity here than is apparent at just a cursory glance.
>>
>>69255634
>marvelcuck
>>
>>69253782
>>69254114

Very interesting.
>>
ITT: https://youtu.be/eMcx81zK2_A
>>
>>69255883
anon's jealous we can find more to talk about other than "so and so was cool!"
>>
File: 1459496189229.jpg (111 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
1459496189229.jpg
111 KB, 1600x900
I noticed this on my 5th viewing

Thoughts ?
>>
Next week I'll post an analysis with the links with Umberto Eco's The Myth of Superman.

Probably Friday or Saturday.
>>
>>69254034
you can tell a 16 yr old wrote that reply
>>
>>69257523
Don't be upset anon, you can always ask your English teacher for a free proofread.
>>
Watched it yesterday. What an incoherent babbling mess of a film. Someone needs to smack Snyder upside his stupid head.
>>
>>69258093
But references brah
So many references
>>
File: 1408419396354.jpg (51 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
1408419396354.jpg
51 KB, 512x384
>>69258093
is a shit movie but DCucks think that symbolism and allegories makes a movie good

I can find symbolism in The Room and it doesnt make it good
>>
>>69252781
What ideals are Batman and Superman fighting over in the film?
>>
>>69253974

We discussed this last thread
>>69229439
>>69228058
>>69228891
>>
>>69258093
YOU JUST LE DIDN'T GEDDIT!!! LE DUMB MARVELKEK!! XD
>>
>>69251408
Is there more of this stuff this is fucking amazing!
>>
>>69258783
>Superman is the Archangel
>so the reason it's on Batman's parents tomb is because Batman hates Superman
?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL1FlJ9TFUWz1XBrWGyzD7oaOGvP_yOcmb
>>
>>69258710
Superman doesnt like Batman cause he kills criminals to protect people but Superman has also killed before to protect people
>>
>>69258212
Is not about references when it's the theme of the movie, a reference would be Tony's Black Sabbath T-shirt.

References to Mary Shelley's "Frankenstein; or, The Modern Prometheus" are part of the plot when Lex talks about Knowledge as promethean fire when talking about books in the party. The Electricity (in a world where Shazam Exists) and the Kryptonian ship are literally the fire of the gods, and Doomsday is ADAM. Is not a small insignificant reference for geeks to catch up, it's part of the plot and story. Just as the bat dream at the start of the movie established that Bruce elevated himself into being the Übermensch.

You can THINK for yourself instead of just waiting to be told what stuff means.
>>
>>69259075
>Superman doesnt like Batman cause he kills criminals to protect people but Superman has also killed before to protect people

Superman believes Batman is a feral vigilante that has no regard for the innocent and only cares about rekting bad guys.
>>
>>69259838
Superman should tell that to Zod's snapped neck
>>
>>69259648
Can you write a Freudian analysis of Freddie Got Fingered next? Make sure to not ignore the homages to Czech New Wave the auteur invoked in his masterpiece.
>>
File: 1406947816584.jpg (155 KB, 600x397) Image search: [Google]
1406947816584.jpg
155 KB, 600x397
>>69259838
>a feral vigilante that has no regard for the innocent and only cares about rekting bad guys
That IS Superman in Man of Steel

he really should be called Super Hypocrite
>>
>>69255500
I thoroughly recommend it.
Very misunderstood work.
>>
>>69259838
>>69260092

What I thought about Clark's "obsession" with the Batman is that because of Superman's reveal things like Batman were being sidelined to focus on him, that Batman's war on crime, and even its escalation to where he's branding criminals is just old news, it was something that he felt responsible for, which is kind of crazy but again he's been saving people for a year and half and all he sees on TV is WHEN IS THIS GODLIKE BEING GOING TO MURDER US ALL, WHY WON'T HE INTERVENE IN POLITICAL CONFLICTS, WHEN WILL HE INTERVENE IN POLITICAL CONFLICTS IS HE RAPING HUMAN WOMEN TO BUILD A NEW ARMY OF SOLDIERS TO CONQUER THE PLANET?!

Join you in the sun my ass, the Daily Sun maybe.
>>
>>69259025
It's explained in the posts, read them again.
>>
>>69260092
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8EydFeuPK8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZZIEkFk_NQ
>>
So, does every other superhero in the Justice League claim their mothers' name is Martha not to upset Batman's autism?
>>
What was the metaphorical significance of Turkish Airlines in this movie?
>>
>>69260770
Batman also saves people

those videos just illustrate my point that Clark is Man of Hypocrisy and he is just as bad as Batman except Clark is an asshole "THE BAT IS DEAD BURY IT CONSIDER THIS MERCY"
>>
>>69252781
I did it my way would be a better Sinatra song for lex

Regrets
I've had a few
>>
>>69260853
it makes the movie feel "real" and "cool" according to Zacky boy
>>
>hurr christian imagery durr so deep and mature

Literally behaving like Evafags, the absolute worst shit-tier fandom. These threads are even worse than the stale baneposting shit, because some people are actually buying into all this drivel to validate liking BvS.

No, I dont' give a shit about Marvel flicks and their idiot fans, but at least they don't pretend to be intellectual titans while watching movies about musclemen in funny costumes punching each other.
>>
>>69260712
No, it still doesn't make sense.
St. Michael is a guardian angel. His image being found in a tomb is not strange.
How do you know that's Bruce tampering with his own memory, thinking that St. Michael is Superman and therefore sullying his mother's memory (even though it's a memory of both his parents and that too of their graves), instead of a guardian angel being in a tomb for no reason apart from the fact that that's what usually happens?
>>
>>69260853
Turkish Airlines comes from Turkey. Airlines use planes and these planes can fly. Superman can also fly and so can Batman in his plane. Turks were responsibel
Turks were nomads from Central Asia known for their prowess on horseback.
Before the Turks, Antaloia was home to Indo-European peoples, in whose culture horses played a significant role as well. Indo-Europeans also used the chariot in their invasions.
Snyder uses the horse imagery many times in the kino, most notably when Bruce is in the ruins of Metropolis and in the background painting when Clark and Bruce meet for the first time. The horse is intrinsically linked the chariot, just like Bruce/Batman is intrinsically linked to his gadgets/Jeep/Batmobile. Batman uses the horsepower in his modern chariot to invade the criminals hideouts and also to invade Luthor's headquarters.
Superman is like the airlines, soaring majestically in the skies.
Batman is like the Turks, raining destruction from his horses.
Turkish. Airlines.
>>
>>69260853
The studio forces product placement, whether Zack wants it or not. So they use it to their advantage and integrate it into the narrative.
>>
>>69260092
Superman had to kill a man who could single handedly end all life on earth

Batman beats the crap out of regular humans on a regular basis

Nice meme though
>>
>>69262003
Superman also killed the negro in the beginning
>>
>>69260043
>Freudian analysis

Lex talks about Prometheus at his party.
Lex uses his blood, and "fire of the gods" aka Knowledge to create Doomsday

How is that a freudian analysis? Snyder isnt shy about it, the problem is that most of you only catch jesus references since it's the only thing you guys are familiar with.

The title is "Frankenstein; or, The Modern Prometheus". Is not about a monster, is about a SCIENTIST that defies natural law and creates a creature using the fire of the gods in that story: Lightning and names him ADAM. If you failed to see that while watching the movie it means that you didnt heard anything while Lex was talking, and that you thought the Electricity Lex was using was just a cool CGI effect with no motive. You missed half of the movie and then complain when people call you a retard.
>>
>>69262311
>Superman also killed the negro in the beginning

He didnt
>>
File: 4317328-avengers+leviathan.png (251 KB, 500x346) Image search: [Google]
4317328-avengers+leviathan.png
251 KB, 500x346
>>69262311

No he didn't. They said he didn't kill anyone.

Now you'll say I know what I saw, but it's comic book logic man. I mean in the first Avengers only 74 people died despite pic related.

You just have to go along with what they said sometimes
>>
>>69261071
The colors of the angel's garment are the same as Superman's costume. He also looks with contempt at the image, same way how he glares with hate at Superman during the Metropolis scene in the opening.
>>
>>69262727
>>69262752
Oh right, he just flew him at extremely high speed through 4 brick walls
>>
>>69262918

But they said he didn't kill anyone. Therefore he didn't
>>
>>69262613
I didn't ask you to do a Freudian analysis about BvS, idiot. I asked you if you can give a similar in-depth analysis highligting all the references to CNW that Green makes in Freddie Got Fingered, which I think is an underrated piece of absolute kinography
>>
>>69262972
>But they said he didn't kill anyone.
No, they held him responsible for a lot of deaths that day.
>>
>>69263110

Cos his presence indirectly destabilised the region
>>
>>69263164
So you agree that they said that he was responsible for deaths that but never was it said that he didn't kill anyone?
>>
>>69251408
This whole thread is just elaborate bait, right?
>>
>>69263200
You are a massive retard, and I'm not even the guy arguing with you
>>
File: 1458004062652.jpg (47 KB, 592x592) Image search: [Google]
1458004062652.jpg
47 KB, 592x592
Approved seal of approval for thread quality

On another note, which days and at what times is it better to post these threads?
>>
>>69264222
>"they said he didn't kill anyone"
>"no, they held him responsible for deaths there"
>"that's right, that means he didn't kill anyone"
?
>>
>>69258360
go find it, and explain in several sentences how you believe it affects either the narrative or allows for a seperate one to form from its use.
>>
>>69261046
but the christian imagery was on base-line, if you think thats all there was you're a fool
>>
>>69262918
>Rural Africa
>Brick
Kek
>>
>>69262003
Batman also kills to save people, Superman is a hypocrite and the writers were too lazy to put a good reason for Superman to be against Batman

they are doing the same thing
>>
>>69264418
The spoon imagery in the background of various shots in The Room constitutes two thematic functions: the domesticity of the setting, namely the title location, as well as the distorted reflection of the cinematic dimension Wiseau has constructed. Both these allusions have an obvious interplay between themselves as well - the abstract concept of space with both the subtextual interpretations pointing to the surreal reality of the interior that Wiseau grapples with. In effect, the spoon is a totem in the film, channeling the Deleuzian concept of the smooth in cinematic space, more so than the obvious football or the underwears.
>>
>>69264981
fuck I wish I could write like Armond too, I'm jealous for real
>>
>>69264981
nice try anon but what are you actually trying to say with this?
>>
http://www.thegekdom.com/home/2016/4/30/a-thesis-on-batman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice
>>
>>69263110
Yes because Lex baited it
Why are you a retard
>>
File: kinoroom.jpg (534 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
kinoroom.jpg
534 KB, 1920x1080
have you notice that the sky in the background is artificial (green screened) and according to "The disaster artist" Wiseu wanted the sky to be artificial or "fake" which illustrates Mark's friendship towards Tommy and his real intentions
>>
>>69265100
That the semiotic purpose of the spoons is not just accidental but a deliberate act of introducing greater depth to the visuals. Seeing the world through the spoon, both as the tool that is (the domestic life portrayed in the film) as well as literally seeing through the distorted reflection of its shiny non-Euclidean surface (how the strange and surreal microcosm of Wiseau's cinematic space "pops" out of its dimensional constraints) allows one a greater appreciation of the thesis pushing the narrative of The Room.
>>
File: 1446127374253.jpg (138 KB, 428x280) Image search: [Google]
1446127374253.jpg
138 KB, 428x280
>>69265427
stop it anon you are killing me
>>
File: stfu.jpg (169 KB, 799x1226) Image search: [Google]
stfu.jpg
169 KB, 799x1226
GUYS!!!!
>>
>>69265408
>green screened
Mark was also green with envy at Lisa and Tommy's happy relationship
>>
>>69251516
add the pose from the man of steel poster in one of the last threads
>>
>>69265537
Literally "you didnt get it"
>>
>>69265408
Greg looking down on Tommy wearing red symbolising his fury and anger, Tommy looking up in the sky wearing black symbolising his hurt soul and longing to leave it all behind an obvious to the ending of the movie which I wont spoil for you guys
>>
File: 1295064887806.jpg (139 KB, 737x464) Image search: [Google]
1295064887806.jpg
139 KB, 737x464
>What a story, Mark!
Note that Johnny isn't just referring to Mark's story but also giving a meta-summary of the absurdity of the film itself. He is literally telling the audience that the narrative is fantastical beyond belief and so their conventional notions of story logic, continuity, character development or good dialogue should be thrown out the window, much like the TV that Johnny throws out later in the film.
>>
>>69265691
>this was literally the last time they spoke as friends
Is Tommy the poet laureate of our generation?
>>
>>69265839

this is also Wiseu's masterfully subtle commentary on our current lack of sensibility towards violence
>>
>>69265537
it's okay to not get something anon, we're all friends here newfriend
>>
>>69266247
It was really a comment on domestic violence (once again tying to the title) and how misogynists like Johnny and Mark think of women. But what happens to them at the end? Johnny is dead and Mark loses his best friend.
>>
File: 1462604318813.jpg (50 KB, 432x526) Image search: [Google]
1462604318813.jpg
50 KB, 432x526
>>69260874
>clearly didnt watch the videos
>>
File: r - football mid.png (341 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
r - football mid.png
341 KB, 720x480
what does the football means?
>>
>>69266404
it's okay not being able to understand a movie completely and realize it's shit anon, we're all friends here newfriend
>>
File: andre-bazin.jpg (96 KB, 780x558) Image search: [Google]
andre-bazin.jpg
96 KB, 780x558
>>69266548
The football is an Americanism tying the higher abstraction of Wiseau's strange world to reality. An immigrant like Wiseau is proud of being an American, more so than his non-naturalized counterparts because he has worked hard to realize his dreams in the greatest meritocratic capitalist society of the world, much like his successful banker character of Johnny. The football also recalls the nuclear football, thus acting as a symbol of destruction which is casually passed around by the friends. This shows the fragile nature of the cinematic illusion crafted by Wiseau and also points to the teamwork that is works behind that illusion to create it from scratch. The introduction of the men all wearing tuxedos while throwing the football around suggests a formalist approach to even everyday commonalities like sport, showing that the partners at work on and behind the scenes still adhere to certain well defined principles in their creation of art. The tuxedo is formal wear that is not worn in an outdoor setting; by juxtaposing these disparate elements, Wiseau resorts to classic surrealism in the tradition of Dali and Magritte as objects out of place in order to recontextualize their form and function. The football thus becomes purely a symbol, not constrained to an actual object on screen but existing as an abstract entity representing the flow of conceptual elements in the blatantly artificial and constructed Wiesauan space.
>>
>>69266959
Wiseu is probably the most misunderstood european director of the last 20 years
>>
File: 1382220472091.jpg (85 KB, 600x478) Image search: [Google]
1382220472091.jpg
85 KB, 600x478
>>69267466
He is very much a trans-Atlantic director of the likes of Kubrick - able to fuse European aesthetics with American technicality.
>>
>>69264285
Anytime baby.
>>
>>69265839
You might be into something here anon.
>>
File: KinoGod.jpg (390 KB, 1680x1680) Image search: [Google]
KinoGod.jpg
390 KB, 1680x1680
Is this accurate?
>>
>>69269204
replace old superman with freddy got fingered (also features heavy superhero imagery in the main character's drawings)
>>
>>69269204
>archive
>>
>>69269204
If you're trying to bait, yeah it's pretty accurate.
>>
>>69269204

Best Capeshit movies: Watchmen, BvR, TDK, Batman Returns, X2, Unbreakable, Blade 2, Hellboy 2, The Crow, Batman, Superman: The Movie, Captain America: Winter Soldier*, Guardians of the Galaxy*

*These were the logical conclusion to the babied down Disney style. No need for anything else in that style, desu. It's time for capeshit to get more daring and more intellectual. If you want to turn off of your brain and be placated by garbage, by a roll of tin foil and stare away, ya fucking pleb.
>>
>>69269204

true kino

no objections from here.
>>
>>69269204
Anon, this is fucking splendid

My only criticism would be to find a poster of BvS without the hashtag, and maybe a more artsy poster for Batman returns

But otherwise, that is the finest capekino in existence
>>
File: 1460390794996.jpg (1 MB, 1712x2639) Image search: [Google]
1460390794996.jpg
1 MB, 1712x2639
>>69269625
>>
Why do you imbeciles think your endless, contradictory analogies (Superman is Jesus, and the angel Gabriel as well; Batman is mankind, no, wait, he's the devil, no, wait, he's the apostle Paul too; Doomsday is the devil, no, wait, that's Batman, he is just a CGI monster; Lex Luthor is... he's the real devil) make up for the fact that this movie is a senseless, poorly-edited mess of a superhero flick aimed at THE EXACT SAME TARGET AUDIENCE as the MCU movies (remember, regular people aren't autists who swear allegiance to companies. If they like Marvel superhero movies, they are also going to watch DC ones)?
>>
>>69270025
Dude you just don't get it
Read some Nieztszcse and the Bible
>>
>>69270025
It's okay to be confused and not get it.

It's 2016 now, you folks are allowed to get married too.
>>
>>69269204
>It's all DC

HAHAHA Marvelcucks BTFO
>>
File: 2deep4u.jpg (124 KB, 666x884) Image search: [Google]
2deep4u.jpg
124 KB, 666x884
>>69270025
You've got it wrong anon, it's clear I'll explain

>Superman is Jesus
>Batman represents mankind
>Lex Luther represents the eternal Jew
>Doomsday is the golem summoned by the Jew

It's all very obvious I'm suprised nobody has noted it. If you look at it through a /pol/ackian lens you can clearly see the elements shining through Snyder's vision. The eternal Jew [played by Eisenberg (a Jew himself)] characterizes the hatred that the Yiddish people feel towards the son of God, represented in the film by Superman.

Batman clearly is the personification of humankind, a flawed individual who through manipulation, by the eternal Jew is drives him to pursue the destruction of Superman. Not only does Bruce Wayne's observation of the destruction of Metropolis push him to doubt the goodness of God, but it parallels mankind's own doubts when observing great personal tragedies, much like Job from the Bible.
>>
>>69271003
I liked that part in the Bible when the Golem killed Jesus
>>
File: Super Jesus.jpg (21 KB, 472x356) Image search: [Google]
Super Jesus.jpg
21 KB, 472x356
>>69271261
You have to look at it from a post modernist narrative, the Doomsday is the representation of the Jewish push towards secularization, the Golem is just a tool (i.e. media, film, art) to get to that end. In a figurative sense, it is killing Jesus.
>>
>>69271403
So you just did what >>69270025 said.
>>
>>69271456
No anon, can't you read, what contradicts?
>>
>>69271691
The fact that a Jewish golem did not kill Jesus.
>>
>>69271725
>Who is satan
>>
>>69270025
I'm 99% sure they're bored and trolling.
>>
>>69271806
Now Doomsday is Satan too?
>>
>>69271725
did I say literally dude, no I said figuratively
>>
>>69271691
people expect direct equivalences even when no one is making that claim
in fact, the contrasts presented in the movie are just as important as the similarities. personally, i was drawn by how doomsday and clark kill each other, they *cancel* each other out as doomsday pieces clark's symbol

i guess the problem here is that people don't understand that to invoke certain meanings and symbols isn't the end itself, bvs actually takes from the broader messianic hero death/resurrection recurring myths anyway
>>
File: capeshitters.jpg (471 KB, 2000x1134) Image search: [Google]
capeshitters.jpg
471 KB, 2000x1134
>>69271831
Some of them legitimately believe in it though
>>
>>69271912
I think Doomsday is also figuratively Bane because he's a big guy bravo Nolan
>>
File: Sheik Bin-Pepe.jpg (139 KB, 640x639) Image search: [Google]
Sheik Bin-Pepe.jpg
139 KB, 640x639
>>69272034
Yeah, I'm just joking about all the Jew stuff, I'm just trying to practice my skills at analyzing stuff and defending my position and I might as well go with something /pol/ackian in vision to combat degeneracy.

>>69272308
Indeed he is for you
>>
>>69272408
well people don't know what they're talking about when they talk about "contradictions" anyway, both in regards to the movie and in it's allusions
>>
>>69272408
If Doomsday is Bane then Superman is Batman.
Does that make Batman CIA?
And Lex Talia?
Snyder is so progressive.
>>
>>69272690
>he doesn't know that Gollum killed Jesus
Heretic
>>
>>69272123
>read watchman before the movie
>still liked the movie
How the fuck?
>>
>>69272769
so was jesus a martyr? or did he spill his blood as a form of transaction, or was he a sacrificial lamb, or was his death meant totally as a victory of satan and death
>>
>>69269918

I'd agree with this. Not huge on the Hulk or MoS but the rest are my favorite superhero movies.
>>
>>69272927
Those aren't conflicting nor are they allusions
Try again
>>
>>69269918
When did superman get arrested in MoS? I do not remember that.
>>
>>69251408
You fucking faggots need to be gassed

It makes me ashamed of being a dc fan
>>
>>69273086
>Those aren't conflicting nor are they allusions
i wasn't talking about the movie
either way, in general i'm just saying that the movie doesn't contradict itself
>>
File: miny.jpg (421 KB, 1440x619) Image search: [Google]
miny.jpg
421 KB, 1440x619
>>69258875
>>69258360
>>69258093
>>69255083
>>69261046
pls go disney
>>
>>69273233
>the movie doesn't contradict itself
Neither does The Room
>>
>>69269204
include iron man
a film about the downfall of a billinionare playboy, and his rise to the top with his newfound agenda to stop the weapons he created
>>
>>69273311
i haven't seen the room. i get the feeling you're trying to make up a conflict, at least with me
>>
>>69273389
>i haven't seen the room
You'd enjoy it, people have already posted some good non-contradictiory analyses in this thread. It's a kino on the level of BvS.
>>
>>69273432
as someone part of the first generation bvs pasta, i can't tell if you're serious lol
i'll check it out
>>
>>69273432
>You'd enjoy it, people have already posted some good non-contradictiory analyses in this thread.

The diffetence is one is producty of butthurt and the other is the actual movie.
>>
>>69273689
Why are you doubting the discussion generated by a genuine masterpiece like The Room? Just look at the posts above for some great interpretations of the themes and symbolism present in Wiseau's magnum opus.
>>
>>69251743
Off yourself.
>>
>>69251743
Yeah. Batman V Superman is about as mature and intelligent and complex a work of art as Piss Christ.
>>
File: 1458694443792.jpg (56 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
1458694443792.jpg
56 KB, 600x400
>>69273731
Which one's which?
>>
>>69254108
>>69254081
also
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apophenia
>>
>>69264902
Superman stops natural disasters
Batman beats up mentally ill /deformed people

So
Try
Again
M8
>>
>>69273933
Superman kills
Batman doesn't
>>
>>69258948
There are heaping tons of it. I don't agree with all the interpretations, but they're all fascinating.
>>
>>69273141
When surrenders to the military.
>>
>>69265637
I'll do it when I finish downloading the quality rip that just came out.
>>
https://youtu.be/w-T_kMAeFfk <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
>>
>>69275404
kino
>>
File: Disappointed.gif (720 KB, 267x200) Image search: [Google]
Disappointed.gif
720 KB, 267x200
>>69264314
>Show someone their husband or wife is cheating on them
>they overreact and kill their spouse
>you are partly to blame even though you didn't directly kill the person
Is that a hard concept of you to understand? Your actions can directly or indirectly affect people around you and what they do, while not entirely your fault, is the effect of your actions. Superman has affected a lot of lives for better or worse, and he is being held accountable for his actions. That doesn't mean he actually killed someone. I would like to remind you this is an 18+ site, so if you don't get it by now I would suggest you stay off this site until your brain can comprehend what is being discussed here.
>>
>>69276373
The point is that nowhere do they mention that negro survived, you massive tardino. All we're shown is that Superman threw him through four walls at high speed.
>>
What's the point of these threads?
>guy makes ''analysis'' thread
>some guy posts copypasta that's been spammed for weeks now
>it's all empty symbolism that ads nothing to the flick anyway
>Evansposters
What's the point of this?
>>
>>69276822
2deep4u
>>
>>69256546
No you can't.
Every ''thesis'' is spam.
People just repost these ''thesis'' about Snyder's laughable symbolism and repeat discussions and plot points over and over again.
>>
>>69276887
>I can't read books
>>
>>69276887
His laughable symbolism is about to come to the forefront. It directly ties into how the Big Bad functions. Among other things, he's sort of like a "mind virus" that converts people into "believers."

That's what the symbolism is there for - to represent the people around Superman unconsciously deifying him. Someone's coming that actually benefits from worship, and it's even possible he's first going to get it by using Superman as a conduit.
>>
>>69251914
>>69252332
>>69252474
>>69252550
>>69252749
This is why King Kong is my favorite cinema.
>>
>>69276455
Walls he could have been flying through first, dragging that guy along behind him. On top of that, he flat-out says he didn't kill anyone while he was there.
>>
10/10
>>
Just realized something that might support this guy's theory that Lex wanted to "recruit" metahumans. >>69236184
Some speculation coming. Could take screenshots but can't be bothered right now.

During the scene where he takes the crippled man to a house, the first time we see Lex he's sitting on the wheelchair with his back turned on the crippled man. Then he slowly turns to face him, and tells him that he wants to "help him stand for something."

This scene is a double reference. In the first place it's referencing Professor X (note how that the outside of the house is also reminiscent of the X-Men mansion). This mirrors Professor X's motivation of looking to gather a team of exceptional mutants to do good.
The second reference is to Ernst Stavros Blofeld, the Bond villain, and how he has the trope of slowly revealing himself when he faces Bond.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BT00WU7Iss

The Blofeld reference reveals that Lex's intentions to form his personal X-Men team is rooted in villanous/selfish motivations.
>>
File: 250px-Queenie_Chicken.png (124 KB, 250x188) Image search: [Google]
250px-Queenie_Chicken.png
124 KB, 250x188
>>69273933
So Superman is allowed to kill whoever he wants as long as he saves people right?

thats exactly what Batman is already doing it
>>
>>69269918

>including x2 in a list of absolute kino

before destroying the list pls kill yourself so i can destroy the list for you
>>
File: super-dog.jpg (194 KB, 600x892) Image search: [Google]
super-dog.jpg
194 KB, 600x892
>>69251408
>Batman v Superman
where was Super Dog™ when all this shit was going down???
>>
>>69279501
Nice one.
>>
>>69280369
>Oversimplification: the post.
>>
File: fk him.jpg (90 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
fk him.jpg
90 KB, 500x500
>>69265537
No one is writing thesis's on any marvel movies, nor do they discuss them years after release. Or even months after.

Man of Steel discussions have only halted because Batman V Superman is out.
>>
>>69282265
no one is writing thesis on BvS either, is just trolling and if you believed any word of it you are a fucking retard and a loser
>>
>>69282265
I'm 99% sure Avengers and Winter Soldier are constantly included in "best of" lists.
>>
>>69282265
>No one is writing thesis's on any marvel movies, nor do they discuss them years after release. Or even months after.
Neither are people on Batman v Superman, this is all fanfiction written on top of the movie itself. Adding a bunch of religious imagery at random isn't food for thought, it's throwing shit at the wall to see if it sticks.
>>
>>69282624
All that religious imagery is a continuation of the "First Contact" scenario that was built into MoS from the very first Pa Kent scene. It's about people seeing a man as a god, not about a god.
>>
File: apollo.jpg (113 KB, 860x670) Image search: [Google]
apollo.jpg
113 KB, 860x670
>>69282832
It kills me that more people don't get that a "man in the sky with a sun halo" isn't automatically synonymous with Jesus, but that's the state of education, I suppose.

I mean fucking hell, Lex even mentions three others, but that's just going to be more coincidence, right?
>>
>>69283522
this movie has made me wonder if all those dudes and even jesus are the capeshit of those times
>>
>>69283999

You're only now realizing that?
>>
>>69254081
>the American conscience died with Robert, Martin and John
>>
>>69284109
no but i mean that there is no difference between these movies, particularly bvs, and those stories. none at all. furthermore, i can take other thoughts i've had about the movie seriously as well which leads to some weird ideas that i have to read up about
>>
File: 3.jpg (333 KB, 2119x612) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
333 KB, 2119x612
>>69265637
done
>>
>>69284453
Thanks!
>>
>>69284518
boys share too

going to use it as desktop background
>>
>>69284568
Who are you?

Where have you been?
>>
File: who are these people.jpg (49 KB, 1600x711) Image search: [Google]
who are these people.jpg
49 KB, 1600x711
who are these people?
>>
>>69286187
>Lane-Penny Lane
>Rigby-Eleanor Rigby
>Hendrix
>Klaff-Possibly Heinrich Klaff (photographer from the 60's music scene, pic related)
>...melstein-Possibly Brian Epstein (Beatles manager)

But what does it mean?
>>
File: 4395446961_6081220af4_o[1].jpg (77 KB, 1908x1221) Image search: [Google]
4395446961_6081220af4_o[1].jpg
77 KB, 1908x1221
>>69286446
forgot pic
>>
>>69286187
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tORjDIasjAE

>...melstein
>"Miss Marmelstein" is a song composed by Harold Rome, first introduced in the musical I Can Get It for You Wholesale by Barbra Streisand in the minor role of secretary Miss Marmelstein. In the number Miss Marmelstein laments that no one calls her by her first or second name.

All last names

Rigby
>Eleanor Rigby

Lane
>Penny Lane
>Lois Lane

>Klaff
>Heinrich Klaffs?

>Hendrix
>Jimi Hendrix

Does this make sense?
>>
>>69284207
The Kennedys and Luther King obviously.
>>
>>69262752
>this was the closest we'll ever get to Fin Fang Foom in MCU
>>
>>69265537
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>69273356
>>69269204
*iron man 2
>>
>>69287130
AAAAHH LOOK AT ALL THE LONELY PEOPLE.
>>
>>69277870
this actually fits into other aspects of those old stories the movie draws from
what if darkseid is not a physical entity at all, something that while able to manifest physically cannot be perceived in it's totality
Thread replies: 214
Thread images: 39

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.