[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm not crazy, right? This is one of the weakest Marvel
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: guardians.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
guardians.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1080
I'm not crazy, right?
This is one of the weakest Marvel Movies and basically on par with Thor: The Dark World.
>>
>>69245801
oh god, no, but not far. i wouldn't say par, only because the movie was at least coherent and had better cast line up.
>>
>>69245801
this is honestly one of the worst movie's i have ever seen
>>
>>69245838
watch more movies....???
>>
>>69245825
>better cast lineup

>le silly aggressive raccoon man
>le goofy kind tree man
>shitty WWE actor
>tsundere green alien with pink highlights
>fat ginger quiplord
>>
Awe, you fit in here! I think you know that and you just want that sweet sweet le karma!

But in reality it's arguably their best along with Ant-Man. The laughs trigger you guys, but it has terrific world building, action, direction in general. inb4 the ridiculously overrated Winter Soldier.
>>
>>69245941
it's time for bed, kiddo.
you've got school in the morning.
>>
>>69245977
this, kids like that didnt get that TWS was actually a timely political thriller without quips
>>
>>69245801
I agree with you OP
>>
>>69245941
>terrific world building
My reddit sense is tingling
>>
>>69246139
lol
>>
>>69245801
No it's actually one of the better ones.
>>
>>69246464
Thats not what my bros on /tv/ said. I asked if I liked it after I saw it and they made it very clear I didnt.
>>
>>69245801
Nah, its great film making and funny.
Meme some more.
>>
>>69245801
It was pretty enjoyable but really the Marvel Tie in shit was awful (who cares about evil eggplant man floating in space)
And while I enjoyed the light hearted jokes of the film it does detract from the seriousness of the plot and main villain in the long run
Pretty good overall though . Not as well made as Winter Solider but more memorable and enjoyable . Winter Solider being a well constructed film but fairly bland
>>
>>69246139
World Building is more of a /v/ meme as it applies to video games more than film
>>
>>69246748
>the seriousness of the plot and main villain

It wasn't serious and the main villain was just a straight man foil for the comic proceedings.

>>69246773
It's applicable. Nova Corps and a lot more.
>>
File: 317.png (90 KB, 500x501) Image search: [Google]
317.png
90 KB, 500x501
>>69245801

>>Edgy Shitpost
>>
This movie is incredibly average to me. It's not as great as literally everyone would try and have me believe. The humor and characters all seemed like they were trying to appeal to children. Not even teenagers, but actual children:

>I am groot
>dance off!
>CGI talking raccoon
>Big wrestler guy who can only speak literally

The entire thing felt like a children's movie that was forced to be linked in the MCU.

on its own, without the MCU , I think the GotG could have been it's own little successful series of movies. Shame that everything Marvel HAS to be linked now.
>>
>>69246927
Bingo
That's why it detracts from the film. The plot has no weight to it
>>
>>69246972
>I'm far too mature and pretentious for your silly children's' jokes!

Also, please convince me that the Pollock joke was aimed towards children.
>>
>>69246972
Its link to the MCU is the only reason to actually watch it if youre following the mcu storyline as a whole.
It wasnt a bad movie at all, just a generic ensemble adventure movie
>>
>>69245801
I actually liked Thor 2 (mostly for its Loki scenes), and I think this is unwatchable shit.
>>
The movie was by-the-beats the most generic Marvel movie ever made, and comes across like a warmup round for Star Wars while also being a victory lap for the MCU as a whole.

It does nothing new or exciting. It's shot through with generic shit, from le quirky jokey main character dude, the hard and serious female character, the big dumb brute bruiser, the offensive rat sidekick and the nice and silent big bruiser.

The main villain was forgettable. The setting was forgettable. It had schlocky action sequences.

It was well-executed generic trash, but still generic.
>>
>>69245801
Yeah, I didn't like it either, was very disappointed.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.