[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You know you're in trouble when Adam Driver is giving the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
You know you're in trouble when Adam Driver is giving the most impassioned performance.

Everyone seemed incredibly sedated in this movie. Joel Edgerton is a black hole of charisma, and Michael Shannon is uncharacteristically mellow. I don't think Jeff Nichols knows quite how to get that Spielberg touch right.
>>
I take it no one saw this.
>>
>>69245872

Nope.
>>
>>69245950
Why come?
>>
Well first I'd say you're off comparing him to Spielberg, Nichols is clearly going for more realism than wonder.

My big problem with this was that the family seemed like they'd never actually met before. They're all very awkward around each other and it made their dedication to helping (saving? following? I still don't know what their exact motivation was) a bit hard to buy. I've seen a ton of other people with the same complaints so it's not just my weird first impression
>>
>>69246471
But I got incredibly strong Close Encounters vibes from it.
>>
Every time they bring up something small like the comic book and never bring it up again.

Shit like this infuriates me. It's on the poster, its mentioned one time and never expanded upon
>>
Havent seen this yet but I thought the script was great. The fact that Edgarton is in it makes me not want to see it as much though.
>>
>>69246753
He's so fucking bland I don't know why they keep casting him.
>>
>>69245419
>Everyone seemed incredibly sedated in this movie.
God forbid actors be allowed to give understated and subtle performances.
>>
>>69245419
the whole movie was a borefest and felt like a remake of that one movie with autistic kid and Bruce Willis
>>
I really didn't like the conclusion. I hate a messianic type story that ends without a big impact on humanity.
>>
>>69247039
There's subtle and then there's bored. Sam Shepard shows up for five minutes and leaves. Paul Sparks shows up for five minutes and leaves. Kristen Dunst is there I guess. Joel Edgerton is horrible.
>>
>>69247039
I wouldn't call anyone in this subtle, it's a very thin story that feels like it's playing out at .80 speed. It really needed either a bigger story or have the characters expanded more.

The one part I loved though was when Michael Shannon's stoneface finally broke into that smile when he sees his son go for the last time. Broke my heart
>>
>>69245872
I saw it, didn't think it was very good and a bit contrived. I much prefered Take Shelter and Mud.
>>
the end felt like a ripoff of TOmorrowland t b h
>>
>>69247699
>Paul Sparks shows up for five minutes and leaves
I do like that with this and Shea Wigham in Take Shelter that Shannon seems to be getting his BE pals gigs with him
>>
>>69249003
Paul Sparks is also in Mud as the villain's son.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.