[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jim Carrey recounts first time meeting Tommy Lee Jones: >"I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: 1414544277182.jpg (29 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
1414544277182.jpg
29 KB, 600x300
Jim Carrey recounts first time meeting Tommy Lee Jones:

>"I walked into a restaurant the night before our big scene in The Riddler's lair and [Tommy was there]. I went up to say hi and the blood drained from his face, in such a way that I realized that I had become the face of his pain. He got up, kind of shaking, hugged me and said 'I hate you. I really don't like you.' And I was like 'Wow, ok. Well, what's going on man?' And he said, 'I cannot sanction your buffoonery.' He did not want to work with me."

Why is Tommy so based?
>>
>>69244474
Tommy Lee Jones is one of the grumpiest celebrities in the world. He strikes me as a guy who visibly groans and rolls his eyes whenever a fan asks him for his autograph because they loved him in MIB.
>>
File: men-in-black.jpg (622 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
men-in-black.jpg
622 KB, 1920x1080
Will Smith recounts first time meeting Tommy Lee Jones:

>"I walked into a restaurant the night before our big scene in M.I.B. headquarters and [Tommy was there]. I went up to say hi and the blood drained from his face, in such a way that I realized that I had become the face of his pain. He got up, kind of shaking, hugged me and said 'I hate you. I really don't like you.' And I was like 'Wow, ok. Well, what's going on man?' And he said, 'I cannot sanction your coonery.' He did not want to work with me."

Why is Tommy so based?
>>
Apparently hated Jim Carrey but tried to outdo him by giving an over the top performance. Based my ass.
>>
>>69244660
>He did not want to work with me
>not "Why did he not want me man"
4/10
>>
>>69244474
Is this true? I can't imagine someone hating Jim Carrey that fucking much.
>>
>>69244870
TLJ is a huge grouch. He seems to hate over the top acting despite doing it in 2 movies that i know of. i guess ever since he did the fugitive he thinks he's above such silly antics.
>>
>>69244870
Of course it's true. Don't you remember when he could not sanction Tina Fey and Amy Pohler's buffoonery at the Golden Globes?
>>
>>69244914
What's bizarre is that he acts just as cartoonish if not more so than The Riddler in Forever. He won't sanction Jim's buffoonery, yet portrays Two-Face as a buffoon.
>>
>>69245020
He also seems to enjoy playing grabass with Riddler in the movie
>>
>>69244919
I believe that was Will Ferrell and Kristin Wiig. And TLJ's reaction was golden.
>>
>>69245020
he acted that way because that's how he was told to act. he probably got a huge paycheck like Carrey did so he played it the way they wanted him to no questions asked.
>>
>>69245020
I doubt he was referring to the character. He probably just doesn't want to put up with any shit and expects people to be professional.
>>
>>69245094
> he probably got a huge paycheck like Carrey
Not likely. I don't recall what it was, but I remember that he got some kind of record pay
>>
>>69245248
Jim Carrey that is
>>
http://www.texasmonthly.com/articles/tommy-lee-jones-is-not-acting/
>>
>>69245248
i'm sure the money TLJ received was substantial anyway.
>>
>>69245268
>But Jones clearly didn’t care what I thought. He headed toward the woman at the cash register and handed her some money. She glanced at his famously rutted face and those hooded black eyes.

>Oh,” the cashier said.

>Jones stood there, unsmiling, waiting for his change.

>“Oh,” the cashier said again, passing over the money. “Are you . . . ?”

>Instead of offering a nice illustration of a movie star generously reaching out to a fan, Jones said nothing, headed out the door, and walked back across the parking lot. He did not even turn his head when the cashier came outside, a pen and paper in hand, and shouted, “Hey, Mr. Jones!” He got back in the car, and while Wes drove us west on Texas Highway 71, Jones stared straight ahead, answering only those questions that appealed to him, and popped open one can of Miller Lite after another.

the fuck. is this real life? kek
>>
>>69245268
based tbqh
>>
File: tommy lee crab-ass.jpg (37 KB, 742x427) Image search: [Google]
tommy lee crab-ass.jpg
37 KB, 742x427
>>69245084
>>
>>69245268
>Once, during a studio-organized press gathering to promote the sci-fi comedy Men in Black, he was asked if he believed in aliens. Jones got up and walked out of the room
>walked out the the room

what does he know?
>>
>>69244804
He's not supposed to be here for you. He's supposed to be here for Jeffrey.
>>
>>69245926
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dS5N8EAOtVE
>>
>>69247933
I want to see him as the primary antagonist in a Sakamoto Desu Ga live action film.
>>
>>69247933
Is this kino?
>>
>>69244561
going by what an interviewer said while he was following him for a story , he doesn't so much as groan as just looks at them with no emotion and just ignores what they said and continues on doing his business.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.