[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can the popularity of superhero movies be explained by Nietzche
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: 20hiz28.png (101 KB, 540x403) Image search: [Google]
20hiz28.png
101 KB, 540x403
Seriously, with the death of god, and the death of religion, humans look for something to replace this.

And superheros are this - they have a veneer of lipservice to modern reality (i.e "science" making Tony stark a superhero, or batman) or do away with it all together (Superman and radiation) or scientific research (red skull)

They replace the mythological status God has, this is why they are so captivating.

Tl;dr we will never see the end of capeshit
>>
File: 1451353577516.jpg (155 KB, 500x492) Image search: [Google]
1451353577516.jpg
155 KB, 500x492
>>
>>69238740
U havent even read nietse

> People seek deities
Literally said nowhere in his oeuvre
>>
but what about kino?
>>
>>69238740
Too slow.

>>68992181
>>69128743
>>
>>69238740

>Death of religion
>Two of the biggest wars in living memory either started or have it as a major component and rationale, one of which is continuing today
>>
people like capeshit because of religion.
the more western religions usually depict a savior will rescue them
eastern religions are more about self help and demons being the cause of everything. So they relate more to being inside giant robots fighting giant monsters
>>
>>69238740

Most shitheads who go watch capeshit was brought up by parents who told them "you are so special", "you can be anything you want" etc.

When reality hits you in the head its a comfort to see a protagonist who can actually live up to that kind of idiotic praise. It's just self-consolation and has nothing to do with deities.

The fact that there are so many movies is just business/production mechanics: More people will go watch something they already know what is, you can spare a ton on script writing, no 'creative-genious-director' who costs a shitload and don't deliver on time is required to produce a new movie etc.
>>
>>69238740
As a film student of film history and criticism, I've become very well versed in the trends of cinema since it's infancy in the early 1890s when they started off as X-rated peepshows in arcades. I don't like to generalize movie genres and say all "super hero" films are going to be bad but I am very tired of hearing someone ask me about a new one being released every weekend during the summer blockbuster months. I simply tell them, I am not interested at the time being. Perhaps in 20 years, I can review some of them and figure out which ones ended up really becoming an interesting moment in film history, whether that be records being broken, a storyline that wasn't conventional, or a proto style that set a new look that lasted several years. I don't fit the general movie audience though. I am not male between the ages of 18-34. I'm female between the ages 18-34 and I'm a giant film history buff who could probably make a list of her top 100 silent films (yes there are more than 100 silent films floating out there). Anyway, seems like everyone wants to be a dick to you in here, most likely the audience Hollywood aims to take money from. Don't let them make you feel like an odd duck for tiring of the super hero genre. These action films have existed since the silent film era. After all, Douglas Fairbanks first wore the face mask and did the "hero stance" in his silent films of the 1920s
>>
>death of god
>death of religion

Explain 9/11 and Islam nigger

Inb4 here in the west
US is still 70% christian tards
>>
File: the fuck am i reading.jpg (31 KB, 226x283) Image search: [Google]
the fuck am i reading.jpg
31 KB, 226x283
>>69238740
>modern capeshit invented fantasy and myths
>>
>>69239188
>WAAAAA MOMMY NEVER LOVED ME
>>
>>69239255
The death of God occured in the West

If americans were really christian they wouldn't tolerate 99% of whats shown on TV or movies
>>
>>69238740
Religion isnt dead at all, some customs of it are, eg: muslims drinking alcohol eating pork, less Christian attendance to church on sunday
>>
>>69239663
>overzealous religious leaders ban things to do with basic human instinct so this represents the majority of normal religious people
>>
>>69239668
Religion is dead because there isn't fundamental belief present in it anymore, it's people going through motions
>>
>>69238740
That has absolutely nothing to do with Nietzsche you dumb nigger.
>>
>>69238740
just a lil note for you op but i.e. essentially means specifically not for example. You should have used e.g.
>>
>>69239736
>The death of god has nothing to do with nietzche

ebic

>>69239696
>ignoring and picking and choosing from the bible and religious text

Nice """religion"""
>>
File: 218025.jpg (50 KB, 500x482) Image search: [Google]
218025.jpg
50 KB, 500x482
Their just dumb cape shit movies nig
I don't think anyone whorrships these things
>>
>>69240097
>Their just dumb cape shit movies nig
>I don't think anyone whorrships these things

have you seen the mania surrounding "comic book culture"?

It's replacement of religion
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.