[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone excited about Star Trek?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: star-trek-1400-1.jpg (372 KB, 1400x751) Image search: [Google]
star-trek-1400-1.jpg
372 KB, 1400x751
Anyone excited about Star Trek?
>>
>>69238725
What's the difference between Star Trek and Star Wars? It takes place in the same lore? Legit question.
>>
>>69239081
One is a series of movies made for cucks and children and one is a tv show for alphas
>>
>>69239081
It's weird because Star Trek has a lot of wars in it and Star Wars contains many journeys. It's super confusing.
>>
>>69239081
Star Wars is two trilogies, one of which is generic space fantasy, and the other of which is a study of philosophy and humanity.

Star Trek is a 28 season TV series accompanied by 10 films about the moral, ethical, and philosophical dilemmas that men face, from the Socratic perspective of interesting human characters in a vast galaxy.
>>
I am excited about Star Trek, it'll be nice to see it. Into Darkness was good.
>>
>>69239081
Star Trek is more exploration and sci-fi

Star Wars is sci-fi but infused with more fantasy elements
>>
>>69239081
>Legit question
tch, doubt it
>>
>>69239186
But these modern Star Trek films lack any of that and is just a generic action film.in space with the Star Trek name attached.
>>
>>69239267
Yeah I call it Star Trek: the Force Awakens.
>>
File: 1412565447935.jpg (53 KB, 480x380) Image search: [Google]
1412565447935.jpg
53 KB, 480x380
>>69239221
Paramount pls go
>>
>>69238725
Yes. Into Darkness was an 8/10 flick.
I cant wait for Beyond
>>
Doing a movie more in the style of an away mission episode seems interesting. Blowing up the enterprise was a hell of a fucking spoiler for the first trailer.

>beastie boys sabotage
It worked for setting the tone of the reboot, but what the fuck, it's like the new theme for trek?

Seeing someone emulate JJ Abrams is the most meta shit ever.

Idk cautiously optimistic I guess.

Looking forward to something tangible from the new TV series.
>>
>>69238725
>Anyone excited about Star Trek?
No, movie looks terrible, never liked the new movies in the first place.
>>
Beyond strikes me as something that will either be a huge disaster that kills off the reboot franchise, or surprise hit that everyone will love. I doubt they'll be any in between.
>>
>>69238725
No, even Simon Pegg knows it's going to be shit.
You just have to look at him in the interviews.
>>
It seems like they didn't even have the foresight to maybe plan a cool series that would have been the modern re-telling of the five year mission. Robocop was cool in Darkness, and that was about it. Rehashing all the cool shit from Trek '09 and pointless shit from Wrath of Khan.

They had 7 years to get a leg up on Star Wars and maybe make a cool series of escapades, and work in some scifi moral tales to give back a little of the Roddenberry flavor. Just seems aimless right now.
>>
>>69239081
One has the force (space magic)
>>
The trailer seemed nice enough. At least the concept hasn't been done to death.
>>
File: kekledoodledoo.jpg (28 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
kekledoodledoo.jpg
28 KB, 499x499
i actually think the new one MIGHT be decent
>>
So are they trying anything new or is this a rehash of another film?

I genuinely did not think they'd do another one
>>
>>69242100
After stopping off at a Starbase on the fringes of Federation Space, the USS Enterprise is destroyed by a powerful, unstoppable wave of unknown aliens, leaving the crew stranded on a new planet where they find themselves in conflict with a new ruthless enemy.
>>
I'm not looking forward to 2 Trek 2 Furious or Star Trek 3: Vulcan Drift.
>>
>>69242327
>When I read the script, my emotional impression was that it felt very much like the best of the original series. It felt like the series felt to me. And the first films that we made didn’t entirely feel like that to me.

>Justin Lin cared about the mythology, he cared about the world, he cared about getting it right, he cared about moving the characters forward. I think we all had question marks; it’s tough to be told that the guy you made two successful movies with isn’t going to be helming the third one. But we were all just really pleasantly surprised as we eased into working with him.
-Hikaru Sulu, actor in Star Trek Beyond
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.