[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: fuqq you, I liked it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (543 KB, 1679x2500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
543 KB, 1679x2500
ITT: fuqq you, I liked it
>>
>>69233760
No, fuck you, you have bad taste
>>
>>69233760
prometheus director cut/deleted scenes make the movie 10x better
>>
>>69233789
I have no idea why anything was cut from the movie. it was 2h movie that needed 15 minutes of extra content to make sense.

I honestly do not understand why or what happened.
>>
File: 51lMNRiakqL._SY445_.jpg (34 KB, 304x445) Image search: [Google]
51lMNRiakqL._SY445_.jpg
34 KB, 304x445
>>
My favorite part was when the android walked into the Boss Battle arena, then turned off his surveillance camera, and what's-her-name leaned forward and said out loud, to nobody in particular, "Damnit David, you cut me off!"

That was a really deep scene.
>>
File: King Kong 2005.jpg (569 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
King Kong 2005.jpg
569 KB, 1024x768
>But it's so long and boring!

Long movies are great.

Cunts who don't know the difference between duration and pacing however. . . .
>>
It's a beautiful movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmJOO6D5RvA

ebin.
>>
>>69233760
Im sure you also love cape movies.
Its is your taste op.
>>
File: noice.jpg (154 KB, 406x489) Image search: [Google]
noice.jpg
154 KB, 406x489
>>69233992

that alien alarm from Alien's trailer gave me chills noice.
>>
>>69234131
You know Ridley Scott has 2 movies in the library of congress. He's probably one of the most influential directors of the century.
>>
>>69233789
>>69233816
But the theatrical cut makes sense.
>>
>>69234232
And when he dies his memory will be lost, like seats on the train.
>>
>>69233947

good fucking movie.
>>
>>69234232
According to /tv/'s team of top revisionist and a panel of fun-judges, Ridley Scott is a hack, his entire filmography is bad and anyone who sees value in his works is a pretentious contrarian.
>>
>>69234232
you are fucking retarded and not older than 18.
>>
The engineers plan was a suicidal mission?

Why was that if they were so intelligent?
>>
>>69234578
Consider this post an example of the awful attitude that pervades /tv/.
>>
>>69234663
I wont get into why are retarded but you should seriously reconsider your taste in movies.
>>
>suicide fluid ingested by guy
>DNS starts to break down, he fucks his barren wife
>She somehow gives birth to a huge tentacle alien
>Tentacle alien eats/fucks Engineer
>Tentacle alien dies
>A literal "Alien" From the movies "Alien" and "Alien vs Predator" gets born

What the fuck... How? That part ruined the movie for me.
>>
>>69234388
No it didn't
>>
>>69233789
there's no cut of the movie with the deleted scenes is there
>>
>>69234578
Close, 30, but I think Blade Runner and Alien are 2 of the most influential movies for the atmosphere and the style. Alien is pretty much the prototype for the modern slasher movies, which in the 80's was a bigger thing, but Blade Runner even more so because of the 'gritty' style that is used in almost everything now from Tv shows, Movies, and Video Games. It's pretty much a staple of many mediums.
>>
>>69233760
I agree anon. Anyone who doesn't like this film just didn't "get" it.
>>
>>69234757
How does the Xenomorph morph into alien?

you never saw the Alien movies? They adapt from whatever they come into contact with. Like the Ox/Dog alien in Alien3 or the Predalien from the end of AvP.

So the weirdest part is the Sperm Alien...
>>
>>69234838
>BACK TO REDIT!
>>
>>69234774
I suppose it depends on whether you value storytelling in the medium of film, or obsessively demand in-plot explanations for everything that occurs even though that has never been the point of stories.
>>
>>69234757

The fluid carried the weapon anon, it was a mutating kind of micro virus that would become alien and then extinguish every life around. They intended to send it to earth.
>>
>>69235004
The mutations weren't connected in any clear way making it extremely random. I looked the idea but there wasn't a theme that connected any of it.
>>
>>69233760
fuck you i went to see it in a wheelchaor for free and hated it want my money back
>>
>>69233947
>>69234440
I've never seen this, is it anything like the hobbit movies (pacing wise)?
>>
>>69235189
>The mutations weren't connected in any clear way making it extremely random.
- Fifield has body modifications and a suit customised for his specific needs, he ends up having his suit literally meld with him and transforms (into a werewolf reference, cause he's got a wolf motif, and his transformation takes place at night on a moon)
- Milburn is a biologist so the goo manifests an animal, the snake's sexual imagery refers to the latent homosexual tension between Milburn and Fifield (such as their unintentional helmet bump that is replicated as a 'kiss' by other characters)
- Charlie craves tangible experiences. He isn't satisfied with observing, he wants to land immediatly so he can walk on alien soil, he wants to take off his helmet to breathe alien air, then when he's disappointed he obsessively fondles billiard balls. He has to touch and feel things all the time, but then he's infected with the goo and it makes him sick and experience horrible pain, prompting him to wish to die so he can't feel anything.
- Shaw laments her infertility, and is cursed with an unwanted pregnancy, a horrible mutant abomination

It's consistent in that it reflects each victim's character.
>>
>>69235425
It's pretty slow to get going, like it's over an hour before you even get to see King Kong.

If you have an appreciation for old-school culture then you won't mind that, I like the slow build up. The biggest let down is how some of the action scenes drag on waaaay too long but oh well.

There's a lot going for this movie, most noticeably Prime Naomi Watts running around in a skimpy white dress for a lot of the movie
>>
>>69235474
>latent homosexual tension between Milburn and Fifield
The captain even tells them not to bugger each other.
>>
>>69234943
That's a pretty passive aggressive sentence anon.
>>
>>69234472
hes actually my third favorite director of all time for a lot of the wrong reasons.. and i can say he definitely is a fucking hack.

that isnt automatically terrible or even bad though. just usually, for most directors.
>>
>>69235474
I suppose you're right. It's so nuanced I'm going to go write a dissertation on it like you.
>>
>>69233760
KEK

The only thing which makes this movie "okay" is the extended fanedit cut.

idk why Ridley has made an extended cut for every other movie yet never did one for this which cut so much out.

>>69233789
yes it does. a shame that silly ridley didn't bother making a director's cut
>>
The reaction to this film is why nerds should be the next holocaust.
>>
File: 15 minutes poster.jpg (33 KB, 295x438) Image search: [Google]
15 minutes poster.jpg
33 KB, 295x438
Don't understand the hate desu

>Late 90's/early 2000's grunge vibe
>Crazy Russians fucking up NYC with Di Nero and Ed Burns chasing after them
>Kelsey Grammer
>Vera Farmiga
>Charlize Theron

What's not to like?
>>
File: rrc6viif.jpg (76 KB, 500x714) Image search: [Google]
rrc6viif.jpg
76 KB, 500x714
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.