[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Ice Storm immortalized a romanticized interpretation of 1970s
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 1455104888183.jpg (934 KB, 5184x3456) Image search: [Google]
1455104888183.jpg
934 KB, 5184x3456
The Ice Storm immortalized a romanticized interpretation of 1970s America that won't soon be divorced from our minds as what we'd like to think that time and place looked like. There's plenty of similar films that wield that kind of hard hitting imagery and nostalgia for other periods, like Barry Lyndon for 18th-century England, Chinatown for 1930s Los Angeles, any of John Hughes movies for the 1980s, and Wayne's World for 1990s suburban America.
Now, I wonder, what will be the films from the 2000s, and the 2010s (so far) that truly capture our era? What will be looked back upon as time capsules in the form of film and digital video?

Pic unrelated, and stolen from /p/
>>
>what will be the films from the 2000s, and the 2010s (so far) that truly capture our era?
We live in globalised capitalism, where everything looks, sounds and feels the same no matter where you go. What movies properly capture that?
>>
>>69233719
this might sound retarded, but from the time i spent in america, paranormal activity looks like every suburban 00/10s house i've seen
>>
>>69233719
thumbsucker
>>
>>69234162
>my small town in north east midlands england looks the same USA cities
>my bed looks and smells the same as a hammock in the austrailian outback
>the food in my hometown tastes the same as food in france/germany/spain/italy/czech republic
your stupid jade view is just that
>>
>>69233719
Maybe Noah baumboch or whatever movies Frances ha and mistress America
>>
>>69234365
You ok there Pajeet?
>>
>>69234445
i have no idea what pajeet is, but you appear to be on the wrong website, tripfag
>>
The Comedy?
>>
>>69234365
>>69234487
Wew, friendo, besides being shameless new you should just chill
>>
>>69234365

This douchebag with the bad english needs to spend less time fucking his goat or his mother its hard to tell they look the same.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.