[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Batman v Superman: >There was a time above... a time before...
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 6
File: 3000.jpg (56 KB, 619x372) Image search: [Google]
3000.jpg
56 KB, 619x372
Batman v Superman:

>There was a time above... a time before... there were perfect things... diamond absolutes. But things fall... things on earth. And what falls... is fallen.

>In the dream, it took me to the light. A beautiful lie.

Marvel:

>Avengers, I'm going to show you the end of the world. Boom!

How can marvel compete?
>>
>>69230245
Bvs had some great dialogue. I don't know why people say it was cringe worthy
>>
>>69230245
>But things fall... things on earth. And what falls... is fallen.

Who wrote this movie? Jaden Smith?
>>
>>69230245
>>There was a time above... a time before... there were perfect things... diamond absolutes. But things fall... things on earth. And what falls... is fallen.
This is completely meaningless garbage
>>
>he thinks walls of text equate to better writing
>>
>>69230354
>>69230385
people complain that bvs had infantile symbolism that an infant would get yet here we have two examples of idiots who simply didn't.

Shall I spoon feed it to you cucks?
>>
>>69230449
We get it Jaden. Our eyes aren't even real.
Now go to bed.
>>
>>69230351
It was comic book dialog which I guess people don't expect that kind of earnestness in mindless blockbuster
>>
>>69230351
BvS

>tell me...... do you bleed....... you will......
>MARTHA???
>god vs man. day vs night.
>thought she was with you!
>oh remind me, do I own that one? xD

Civil War

>Longing. Rusted. Seventeen. Daybreak. Furnace. Nine. Benign. Homecoming. One. Freight Car. Soldier

>In my culture, death is not the end. it's more of a stepping off point. You reach out with both hands and Bast and Sekhmed, they lead you into the greater elsewhere. Forever.

>Our people's blood is spilled on foreign soil. Not only because of the actions of criminals, but the indifference of those who pledged to step them. Victory at the expense of an innocent, is no victory at all.

>I'm saying there may be a causality. Our very strength invites challenge. Challenge incites conflict. And conflict breeds catastrophe. "Oversight"... Oversight is not an idea that can be dismissed out of hand.
>>
File: 1462320465424.png (255 KB, 770x711) Image search: [Google]
1462320465424.png
255 KB, 770x711
>>69230351
>>69230449
>>69230507
>28%
>>
>>69230354
>But things fall... things on earth. And what falls... is fallen.

>Why do we fall? So we can learn to pick ourselves up.

Which one is it, DC?
>>
>>69230245
You can choose other quotes from the same movie:
>This church was built in the middle of the city, so everyone could be equally close to God. I like that, the symmetry, the geometry of belief.
>They're gods, and they need someone to keep them down to Earth.
>>
>>69230540
laughable
>>
>>69230540
Sounds like it was written on 4chan, famtasm
>>
>Do you see the beauty of it? The inevitability? You rise, only to fall. You, Avengers, you are my meteor. My swift and terrible sword and the Earth will crack with the weight of your failure. Purge me from your computers; turn my own flesh against me, it means nothing! When the dust settles, the only thing living in this world, will be metal.
BvS literally doesn't have any lines better than this.
>>
>America, ready for another lesson? In 1864, in Sand Creek, Colorado, the U.S. Military waited until the friendly Cheyenne Braves had all gone hunting. Waited to attack and slaughter the families left behind. And claim their land. Thirty-nine hours ago, the Ali al-Salam Air Base in Kuwait was attacked. I, I, I did that. A quaint military church, filled with wives and children, of course. The soldiers were out on maneuvers. The 'Braves' were away. President Ellis, you continue to resist my attempts to educate you, sir. And now, you've missed me again. You don't know who I am. You don't know where I am. And you'll NEVER see me cumming.
>>
>>69230656
>>69230688
sorry you lost.

>>69230753
>>69230790
how can DC POSSIBLY compete
>>
>>69230245
Literally sounds like something someone wrote in a freshman poetry class. Absolutely horrid. "What falls is fallen." Are you fucking joking?
>>
Holy shit. Marvelfags are actually taking time to type out these subpar, fanfiction-tier speeches like they're Shakespeare.

Kill yourselves.
>>
>>69231176
>mad DCuck backpeddaling
>>
>Are you a God-fearing man, Senator? That is such a strange phrase. I've always thought of God as a teacher; a bringer of light, wisdom, and understanding. You see, I think what you really fear is me. Me and my kind. The Brotherhood of Mutants. Oh, it's not so surprising really. Mankind has always feared what it doesn't understand. Well, don't fear God, Senator, and certainly don't fear me. Not any more.
>It's not their pain you're afraid of. It's yours, Charles. And as frightening as it can be, that pain will make you stronger. If you allow yourself to feel it, embrace it, .it will make you more powerful than you ever imagined. It's the greatest gift we have: to bear their pain without breaking. And it comes from the most human part of us: hope. Charles, we need you to hope again.
>You built these weapons to destroy us. Why? Because you are afraid of our gifts. Because we are different. Humanity has always feared that which is different. Well, I'm here to tell you, to tell the world, you're right to fear us! We are the future! We are the ones who will inherit this earth! And anyone who stands in our way will suffer the same fate as these men you see before you! Today was meant to be a display of your power. Instead, I give you a glimpse of the devastation my race can unleash upon yours! Let this be a warning to the world. And to my mutant brothers and sisters out there, I say this: no more hiding. No more suffering. You have lived in the shadows in shame and fear for too long. Come out. Join me. Fight together in a brotherhood of our kind! A new tomorrow, that starts today!
There, i stumped both of you.
>>
>>69232277
It's funny, because people would rip X-Men for talking so much.... but it was some good talking!
>>
>>69232277
Xmen doesn't count. By Marvel, most people mean Disney
>>
>>69232277
>Do you know what happens to a toad when it's struck by lightning? The same thing that happens to everything else.
>>
>>69232886
K I N O
I
N
O
>>
File: 1342187587406.jpg (8 KB, 216x214) Image search: [Google]
1342187587406.jpg
8 KB, 216x214
>>69230385
>This is completely meaningless garbage

Its about idealism, struggle, setbacks and disillusionment, moron.
>>
>>69230245

by not being pretentious

also why is the most widely circulated photo from BvS a split second where supes is putting his hand on batmans chest as if they are lovers about to make out? bravo DC
>>
>>69230245
Get in here

>>69227738
>>
>>69232277
why would any of the cucksmen still side with humans after this?
>>
>>69232914
>There was a time above...
Above where? Heaven?

>a time before...
Before when? Dinosaurs?

>there were perfect things...
Such as?

>diamond absolutes.
Such as what? Mathematics?

>But things fall... things on earth.
Yeah, it's called gravity.

>And what falls... is fallen.
So if something falls once, it can never be redeemed? There is no forgiveness, or absolution? One chance is all you get?
>>
>>69233049

This has got to be trolling, right?

>There was a time above...
Studying a problem (e.g. crime in Gotham) from "above", outside the situation.

>a time before...
Before reality sets in.

>there were perfect things...
>diamond absolutes.
Solutions seem simple: stick to your ideals, results will be positive and predictable.

>But things fall... things on earth.
Human affairs are never so simple. Evil has an advantage, in that it has no limits. Good men relax their limits and ideals to compete.

>And what falls... is fallen.
Not necessarily, but this is being spoken by a bitter, jaded, older man.
>>
File: gal-gadot-tweet.jpg (83 KB, 216x320) Image search: [Google]
gal-gadot-tweet.jpg
83 KB, 216x320
>>69233305

Fun observation, btw...

Wonder Woman has an identical attitude to Wayne's...shattered ideals, with an obvious tragedy in her past (Steve Trevor, to be revealed in her own movie), but still compelled to spy on a troubling situation. She finally relents, practically on the way out of Gotham when she witnesses Doomsday unleashed.

She's a mirror of Wayne. But...

Gal Gadot is a fiercely proud Israeli. Affleck famously defended Muslims on TV. Not just opposite genders, but politically divided. Yet united onscreen.

BRAVO SNYDER
>>
>There was a time above... a time before... there were perfect things... diamond absolutes. But things fall... things on earth. And what falls... is fallen.

>In the dream, it took me to the light. A beautiful lie.

If you think this is good you need to grow the fuck up.
>>
>>69234238

Do you browse threads before you impulsively post in them, dipshit?
>>
>>69234363
I'll slit your fucking throat if you ever talk to me like that again.
>>
>console war bullshit and fanboyism
>on /tv/
Man, I left /v/ to get away from this shit.

Before I go there, is there any of this kind of garbage on /lit/?
>>
>>69230540
>Bast and Sekhmed

If Black Panther says this I'm mad as fuck.
>>
>>69234499

Pynchon vs. Salinger or Joyce, but that's just a guess...
>>
>>69230790
>>69230753
>>69230540

This dialog still has no gravity because of Marvel's bland presentation.
>>
>all these Elliot Rodger screenwriting tier shit

BvS had the upper hand due to Bruce's brief discussion of his ancestors and how killing Supergay will be his legacy
>>
>>69234652
The mandarin one does though. Shane Black rocked that shit.
>>
File: reddit gang.jpg (40 KB, 500x295) Image search: [Google]
reddit gang.jpg
40 KB, 500x295
>>69233049
>>
File: Justice League of Abraham.jpg (242 KB, 800x736) Image search: [Google]
Justice League of Abraham.jpg
242 KB, 800x736
>>69234070
>>
>>69234567
He does
>>
>>69230540
Don't forget:

>Hatred has consumed you. It has consumed them. It will not consume me.
>>
>>69234687

Kind of undermined it with the twist though didn't they?
>>
>>69234759

WE
>>
>>69230540
Reading the marvel dialogue I can picture the boring as fuck delivery even without having seen the movie
>>
>>69230590
This is the point you idiot.

This Bruce Wayne has fallen and can't pick himself up again.

He's completely lost and broken. The bats bringing to the light is a beautiful lie.

He's lost all faith in his own beliefs.
>>
>>69234775
No, it still makes a point. It went over capebabbies heads however
>>
>>69234807
Just admit you can't make your mind yourself

Its ok to be a mouth breathing ass hole. The world needs ditch diggers to function
>>
>>69230245
>I RANG BELLS
>HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Worst Joker in any media.
>>
>>69230245
i didnt remember this line of dialogue but then i remembered i watched it while i was in mexico so it was in spanish
DIME? TAMBIEN SANGRAS?
SANGRARAS
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.