[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does George Lucas have autism? No, seriously, it would expla
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6
File: images.jpg (6 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6 KB, 259x194
Does George Lucas have autism? No, seriously, it would explain a lot. Just watch this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxf1c3fzDOU

and read this

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2015/04/04/fall-of-the-empire-how-inner-turmoil-brought-down-a-legendary-studio.aspx?PostPageIndex=2

And then tell me honestly that he's not at least mildly autistic.
>>
>>69229531

Probably. I mean, he's probably never been diagnosed, since only the most severe autistics were labeled such in his day, but if he were a child today, he'd most likely be identified as such.
>>
>>69229601
This.

>>69229531
>reading game informer
Kill yourself.
>>
Probably. If you read any details about his directing "style" is sure seems like it. He doesn't like interacting with people, and likes doing everything in post so he can control every variable and obsess over little details.
>>
Lucas is based. Please neck yourself.
>>
>>69229531
holy fucking lol! Jake Lloyd was a total tard compared to the other kids and Lucas that autistc ideas guy took literally the least talented of the bunch.
>>
>>69229652
I don't read game informer, I saw that link someplace else and found that it really captured the autism of Lucas

>>69229727
please leave this board, pleb

>>69229746
corooskant?
>>
>>69229774
t. reddit
>>
>>69229774
>I don't read game informer, I saw that link someplace else and found that it really captured the autism of Lucas
Then you're forgiven.
Don't let it happen again or your mother and I will have a talk with your father.
>>
File: image.jpg (18 KB, 261x193) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18 KB, 261x193
>>69229774
>Hating on based Lucas.
Spotted the cuck
>>
File: 8.jpg (41 KB, 363x476) Image search: [Google]
8.jpg
41 KB, 363x476
>>69229798
>>
>>69229531
>starts drawing all over the storyboards they spent months on and could have been sold in collectors edition books
>>
>>69229892
>defending him after he sold the franchise

I love George as much as you but that genuinely hurt. A small piece of my life died when I found out.
The closest i could come to describing the pain is that of losing a family member.
>>
File: meingott.png (191 KB, 337x279) Image search: [Google]
meingott.png
191 KB, 337x279
>>69229946
>tfw
>>
File: image.jpg (136 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
136 KB, 1000x1000
>>69229951

>yw never watch George's over the top neo-Shakespearean theatrical version of episode VIII that has such autistic attention to detail only true patricians can apprentice the pottery

Why live famalam ?
>>
>>69230080
*appreciate
Fucken mobile phone
>>
>>69229946
>>69229987

...theyre photocopies
>>
>>69229531
all creatives are mildly autistic
>normies thinking they're good for anything with a creative element
>>
Autism breeds genius.
>>
>>69230164
kek, fuck off, those are savants, not autistics. Being autistic makes you inferior to normal people in literally every way.
>>
>>69230209

Even non-savant high-functioning autists can be superior to normal people in some select areas. Sadly, in most cases these areas are irrelevant.
>>
>>69229531
kid of reminds me of the Steve o movie, where he's ruining his life and filming every mistake.

>jar jar is the key to all this

probably taken out of context but lamo
>>
>>69230269
What are you talking about, like knowing about trains? A normal person who spent all of their time studying and learning about trains, or any topic obsessed over by an autistic, would easily surpass the autist intellectually in the topic. The only reason they know a lot about a specific subject is because they spend all of their time focusing on that subject, not because of magical autism powers.
>>
Don't insult our lord George. He's one of the only geniuses left from old Hollywood.
>>
>>69229531
Yeah an autistic person could run a multi billion dollar company for 40 years. Yeah.
>>
>>69230541
>implying that Lucas himself was PERSONALLY handling the day-to-day affairs of his company

are you retarded?
>>
>>69230384

http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v479/n7371/full/479033a.html

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14728920

etc.
>>
>>69230080
It would be funny if he made his own 7-9 trilogy in secret then unleash it on a torrent after he died. Alas, rumor is his private hobby movies will be destroyed after he dies.
>>
>>69230777
Your first link is behind a paywall with no abstract, and your second link merely posits that some autistic children may have better spatial memory in a vacuum with no application in the real world.

Bravo
>>
please post the webm of him being accidentally caught on camera
>>
>>69229531
I don't really understand why people can't seem to contradict him. Can't anybody ever say, "uh no, that's not a good idea, George."
>>
>>69230874
>if he made his own 7-9 trilogy
Explains why John Williams score in TFA was weaker. Was holding back material for the other version.
>>
he's socially awkward but he doesn't seem autistic. he's willing to put his face out there, take charge in situations, he's had a full romantic life, etc. he seems very uncomfortable doing these things but he does them and has achieved success

gives me hope desu
>>
>>69230959
You think Kasdan ever said "uh no, that's not a good idea, JJ." for the Force Awakens?
>>
anyone got a webm of him doing the jar-jar arm thing?
>>
>>69230959
He got rid of everyone that did. There's a reason Gary Kurtz was fired before ROTJ started production. After Star Wars became one of the biggest hits of all time, Lucas started believing all the hype and got weirdly narcissistic about things.
>>
>>69231145
>There's a reason Gary Kurtz was fired before ROTJ started production
That's not the reason.
>>
>>69230384
ass damaged norm
>>
>>69231035
Not enough, obviously.
>>
>>69229531
Nothing about that made him seem autistic. I agree that he probably is, but I don't see what you're getting at with that youtube clip.
>>
>>69231204
It basically is, though. Lucas started getting to focused on money and merchandizing, and Kurtz wanting him to focus more on storytelling. Lucas was also still nursing butthurt over Kurtz letting ESB go over budget against George's wishes to cut things and make the movie as cheaply as possible. He kept challenging Lucas and ended up "quitting" because of how unhappy he was with Lucas becoming driven by profit instead of storytelling.
>>
>>69231240
excellent refutation. Your autism has clearly given you superior debating skills over us normals
>>
>>69230884

Here is a free summary:

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2011/11/111102161045.htm

>have better spatial memory in a vacuum with no application in the real world

That's exactly what I said in the original post: they are technically better at some tasks, but in most cases it's irrelevant because of their other deficits. It all depends on the severity of their autistic traits, of course.
>>
>>69229652
Wait, what's wrong with Game Informer?
>>
>>69229531
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.