[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lost in Translation is the comfiest movie
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6
This movie is the comfiest of all

tell me why i'm wrong

hint - you can't
>>
Reply to this if you've fantasised about the "Rip my stocking" scene.

i wish i lived in a society where sending rape-fantasy prostitutes to a business-associates room was a normal thing.
>>
>>69224510
Literally the only arguement that anyone has to explain why this movie is good is that its comfy.
Explain why it is a good movie, faghot.
>>
>>69226157
Comfy
>>
>>69226157
most atmospheric (mainstream not some art film or some shit) movie i've ever seen that manages to convey the feelings it was going for perfectly.

i mean what do you want me to tell you? if you're looking for explosions or people dramatically crying about how hard their lives are you won't get it here but i don't think those are necessary to enjoy a movie.
>>
>>69226312
>i mean what do you want me to tell you?
A valid reason, you buzzword spouting tard.
>>
>>69227407
>waaah i can't enjoy movies unless it shows a strong minority womyn overcoming society's prejudice and will win at least 5 oscars
>>
File: assburger.jpg (357 KB, 2011x3000) Image search: [Google]
assburger.jpg
357 KB, 2011x3000
>>69227606
>if you don't like this "comfy" movie you're from tumblr
>>
It makes me wanna kill myself, not taht comfy imo
>>
File: pr15.png (539 KB, 1022x432) Image search: [Google]
pr15.png
539 KB, 1022x432
>>69224510

youre wrong
>>
>>69227689
no, if you won't accept simple explanations for why people like a movie you're either a dumb faggot who wants more action and quips or a dumb faggot who wants some faggy tearjerker narrative about some 'disadvantaged' person overcoming hardship
>>
I want a scarjo gf.
>>
>>69227821
>simple explanations
That's exactly what it is, simple with nothing of substance to the argument. You'll notice, oh wait you didn't, that that guy basically gave the same response ("atmospheric" instead of comfy) while tacking on a generic statement (a film conveys a feeling? Stop the fucking presses) at the end of his exceedingly simple explanation.

>IF YOU DON'T LIKE THIS FILM YOU LIKE MICHAEL BAY AND OSCAR BAIT
Holy shit, keep going. Your mental age decreases with every post you make.
>>
>>69227976
>i'm not a retard who confuses depth with oscar bait
>but i'm still unwilling to accept that you can like a movie for simple visceral reasons and pretend that two hour products made for profit have real depth
go read some wittgenstein instead of circlejerking about how intriguing you found the latest european art film you pretentious faggot

>Your mental age decreases with every post you make.
This coming from the fucktard who literally can't conceive that people derive enjoyment from different things.
>>
CLOSE MY EYES

FEEL ME NOW
>>
>>69228116
>go read some wittgenstein instead of circlejerking about how intriguing you found the latest european art film you pretentious faggot
This is the state of /tv/.

>This coming from the fucktard who literally can't conceive that people derive enjoyment from different things.
I have no problem with people enjoying different things but I feel an obligation to shit on children like you who can't give a single nuanced argument to the simple question of why you enjoyed that thing, never mind the anti-intellectualism and knee jerk dichotomies you always appeal to.
>>
>>69228216
you have to be an intellectual for people shitting on you to be anti-intellectual. most intellectuals aren't so retarded they think there's some complex axiomatic chain of reasoning justifying why people like things.
>>
>>69228385
>why did you like this thing
>I JUST LIKED IT OK DON'T MAKE ME THINK THAT'S FOR NERDS
I want to congratulate you for destroying this board though. It took some time but you did a great job.
>>
>>69228484
>i'm going to pretend to understand how logic and reasoning work even though i'm some retarded redditor who only throws the words around to pretend my arbitrary feelings are more valid than everyone else's arbitrary feelings
newsflash, dipshit: the things you like are based on arbitrary feelings too and trying to insert more degrees of separation doesn't actually change that
>>
>>69228618
>it's all arbitrary
Amazing how you rationalize that to make up for you having nothing to say at all. This is the literal thinking of a child. Makes sense coming from a manchild who likes to namedrop Wittgenstein in an attempt to shame reasoned arguments.
>>
>>69228743
i mean technically it's all ultimately due to evolution but modulo that yes, it's all arbitrary

so i'm glad we've established that anyone why hates on lost in translation is a pseudointellectual retard who doesn't understand that a longer chain of implication from simple cause/effect relationships doesn't make their feelings more valuable or interesting
>>
>>69228963
I feel Freddie Got Fingered is the greatest film of all time
I feel it therefore it is true, no reasoning can explain the flaws because it's all arbitrary from a priori evolution ipso facto
Anyone who disagrees is a pseudointellectual ergo QED
>>
>>69229043
you're misunderstanding. anyone who believes that their dumbass art film opinions have more inherent value than your freddie opinion because they say more words about their emotional reaction it is a pseudointellectual moron. it's not just anyone who doesn't share your opinion.
>>
>>69229161
I agree, it's all arbitrary, arguments should be done on feelings and not logic
Everyone's feelings should matter equally because of modular evolution, anyone who disagrees with this feeling of mine is a pseudointellectual from reddit who reads Wittgenstein
>>
>>69224510
I want to have sexual relations with scarjo.
>>
>>69229209
i wasn't mocking wittgenstein. i was suggesting you actually read some philosophy because it might make you less of an idiot who thinks dressing up your feelings about movies is 'depth' because you're too big an idiot to reason about anything objective but want to feel smart by pretending to 'reason' about art.
>>
>>69229372
I'm now agreeing with you, everything is arbitrary from evolution even Wittgenstein because he wrote on logic but logic is not necessary because feelings are random and art is feelings so by post hoc argot proctor hoc we should avoid using rationality since we live in an arbitrary world caused by evolution
I hope you felt my argument instead of rationalizing it, I had a strong feeling it was comfy and atmospheric
>>
>>69229481
nah, we should just avoid pretending our feelings are rationality and not demand they be supported by some kind of logical arguement because that would be nonsensical and demanding such would make us stupid
>>
>>69229690
But everything is arbitrary and feelings are arbitrary so rationality has no use, I feel that your feelings aren't getting through to my chakras right now, are you being logical in your argument, how can you do that when the world is random and emotions are arbitrary, to use reasoning is to be a pseudointellectual like Wittgnestein or analyzing art films, your feelings are not on my wavelength right now please stop your linear mode of thinking and open your mind the world is love and love is the world everyone is equal and opinions are just feelings
>>
>>69229043
Freddie got fingered is a good movie
>>
>>69229807
sorry man, you'll have to actually grow a brain to feel intellectually superior to people instead of just knowing that you hold the correct feelings about various movies
>>
>prove me wrong

Hugo
>>
File: 1457995232451.webm (3 MB, 1458x996) Image search: [Google]
1457995232451.webm
3 MB, 1458x996
one thing is for sure, charlotte is the best waifu ever
>>
File: 1457994683564.webm (439 KB, 1920x1040) Image search: [Google]
1457994683564.webm
439 KB, 1920x1040
i want to bury my face in her ass
>>
>>69230018
You can't prove me wrong, these are my feelings and the only thing that matter in this arbitrary world, I see that you yourself are prone to logical rationalizations that is the domain of condescending intellectuals, I feel you are a stupid person and you can feel the same about me but you can't prove it because of modal evolution logic as felt by Kripkenstein
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.