[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will DC ever make a good movie?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5
File: ChtxKiBU4AAHMEh.jpg (74 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
ChtxKiBU4AAHMEh.jpg
74 KB, 600x600
Will DC ever make a good movie?
>>
>The Dark Knight trilogy doesn't count because Maxwell Lord didn't show up after the credits to tell Bruce about the Justice League Initiative.
>>
>>69224172
As long as they put Zach Snyder in charge, DC movies will be shit.

Marvel went out and found the Russo brothers instead of just hiring Bret Ratner or whatever action director is available. Marvel is smart. DC needs to do what Marvel is doing.
>>
>Batman has black makeup around his eyes
>every time his mask gets removed its suddenly gone

why does every adaptation of Batman do this.
>>
>>69224306
You have it wrong, the Russos aren't in charge of shit. Kevin Feige is the one who controls the entire MCU.

But its smart, he's the central producer and is the one who holds the entire story of the universe together. DC doesn't have a producer running the show which is why everything is so fucked.
>>
>>69224200

They can have 2 cinematic universe. All they have to do is introduce a new Superman to Nolan's universe and carry on Batman with Joseph Gordon Levitt as nightwing or something.
>>
File: Batman.jpg (22 KB, 267x280) Image search: [Google]
Batman.jpg
22 KB, 267x280
>Suicide Squad and Wonder Woman will both under perform and destroy the DCCU
>>
>>69224172
your pic nigga
>>
>>69224518
Suicide Squad will be a hit just like guardians.
>>
File: based evans.jpg (133 KB, 700x398) Image search: [Google]
based evans.jpg
133 KB, 700x398
>>69224366
Pretty much this. Nice sixes

>>69224790
We\ll see

I'm more hyped for Xmen Apocalypse and Warcraft
>>
>>69221100

>>69224901
Who is the fat guy on the left? I don't remember in any marvel shit. Also that sign seems mean spirited.
>>
>>69225034
>Who is the fat guy on the left? I don't remember in any marvel shit.
No one important He just wanted to dance

>Also that sign seems mean spirited.

A kid drew it though
>>
>>69224172
>movie
DC makes kinĂ³s, you filthy pleb.
>>
>>69227112
Kys
>>
>>69227241
Wow, that was unnecessarily rude.
>>
File: MarvelFilmmakers.jpg (543 KB, 780x1524) Image search: [Google]
MarvelFilmmakers.jpg
543 KB, 780x1524
Notice how the good/interesting capeshit filmmakers come from deeply visual genres (Raimi, Del Toro from horror, Burton and Bird from animation). They also seem to have a genuine love for the material, as it was part of the counter-culture when they grew up.

People like Nolan or Singer who come from solid neo-noir thrillers; while not visionary or creative have at the very least an elegant style of filmmaking and try to tell thematically meaningful stories, treat their characters/universes seriously and the audiences with respect. Marvel's directors come from television or shitty Apatow-tier comedy, which are really the bottom of the barrel.

If DC weren't retards as well, they'd just let Miller do JL and give him complete freedom, or hire people like Brad Bird, the Wachowskis for Superman or James Gray for Batman (although Affleck isn't a bad choice).
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.