[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This week i graduate film school. Now i hate movies. help.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: hand in head.jpg (6 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
hand in head.jpg
6 KB, 275x183
This week i graduate film school.

Now i hate movies.

help.
>>
>>69223647
>film school
yes I do want fries with that
>>
>>69223686
nice meme
>>
>>69223696
where are his fries and my burguer?
>>
>>69223686
fuck who am i kidding you're right

at least i tried to follow my passions anon
>>
>>69223647
You should probably not browse /tv/ if you want to love films.
>>
>>69223647
What do you hate about them?
>>
>>69223746
college hasn't been about following your passions for about 15 years
>>
>>69223647
Should've just went to films instead.
>>
>>69223647
>not going to films instead
pleb
>>
Just make flicks like Bay and roll in the dosh.
>>
>>69223903
No that's literally all it is now.
>take useless course
>cant get a job in the real real
>debt
>feel da burn
>>
>>69223746
Yeah, I went to film school too.

Let's be real here - jobs are somewhat hard to come by, and those that are in film are fairly poorly paid with not a lot of good conditions.

Use your qualification, skills learned and other qualities to study something else. But before you do, actually figure out what the salaries and conditions are like for the area you are getting into.

Hope this helps.
>>
File: image.jpg (251 KB, 736x736) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
251 KB, 736x736
>>69223915
>>
You need to relearn what made film a passion of yours. Dissecting films in every conceivable way is very interesting, but it can become opressing to the point where you can only see the elements which constitute the film and if it gets even worse, grow inhibited by a notion of what a film must be like, killing in the end all possibility of authentic experience.

Though it may be in vain, i just want to remind you that the analysis of film is not an end in itself, but merely wishes to explain how the film affects the viewer and why it does so (and how it was created to do that and so on). What matters first and foremost, for your personal private viewing, is the connection between the film and you. Now that you are an expert on film theory you can trascend the intellectual stuff to get again to the core of the experience
>>
>>69223647

someone post that video where that guy talks about how directors got into the industry by making great films
>>
>>69223647
Take a break from them. You are in kino overload. I know those feels.

Also, only watch films that interest you. Don't watch so-and-so film just because some hipster friend recommended it. You will stop hating films if you don't watch films you aren't into just because you want to fit in with the film critique crowd.
>>
File: 1462399005298.jpg (137 KB, 1439x1079) Image search: [Google]
1462399005298.jpg
137 KB, 1439x1079
You're about to learn that it's who you know
>>
go to films
>>
Don't bother going to film school if you don't have a cousin, brother, etc who is a major actor or director.
>>
>>69224082
This interests me.
>>
>>69223647
anon, is what you're feeling hate or fear? If it's hate, then allow yourself to walk away from it for a while, and return refreshed from any doubt. Also know that at least you feel an emotion for movies rather than indifference.

Im talking to you as a man who loves his hobby, not as someone who's gonna make money from his passion, like you probably planned initially.
>>
>>69224209

This, get your ass to networking.
>>
Film schools only worked in the late '60s/early '70s because there were so few of them. If you were a graduate, you were like some wizard to Hollywood and they just threw money at you.

Now a film degree is utterly worthless. The best film school now is to watch a ton of films and go out and make about 5 short films. At that point, either you will be pretty good or you will suck. If you suck, just give up and go do something else.
>>
>>69223647
Become a film critic
>>
How much money did you was- spend?
>>
File: pepe folder b image 034.png (87 KB, 285x285) Image search: [Google]
pepe folder b image 034.png
87 KB, 285x285
>>69223647
>>69223686
>>69223746
i did three years studying film and just got a job as a trolley collector at my local supermarket
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.