[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what exactly did they do wrong that kate was so fannyflustered
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 8
File: sicario.jpg (210 KB, 630x1200) Image search: [Google]
sicario.jpg
210 KB, 630x1200
what exactly did they do wrong that kate was so fannyflustered about?

the only reprehensible things i saw were performed by del taco, mostly him killing silvio
>>
Well they broke the law and were violating other country's authority, and that's only to begin with.

If you finish the movie it also becomes clear that the so-called "good guys" stopped being that and just became "bad guys" #2.
>>
>>69223340
they are the law
>>
>>69223142
>muh morals
>muh protocol
she ruined the flick for me tbqh .. pointless
>>
>>69223142
They were actively helping one mob family take over another while breaking all the codes of conduct and using her along the way.
>>
>>69223410
She was needed there to remind most of the audience that they were doing something wrong, otherwise the audience would have just sat through it all without batting an eyelid.
>>
>>69223142
They didn't necessarily do anything wrong, the film does a decent job remaining unbiased in it's cinematography and editing, I never got any feeling that they wanted the audience to feel one way or another about what happened.

However they definitely meant to portray Kate as being incredibly naive about everything.
>>
>>69223340
>they broke the law
Is it true that CIA can't operate inside US country ?
>>
>>69223483
Yes. Officially. But they literally don't give a fuck.

Hard to when you have that much power. Basically US just becomes another country to them.
>>
>>69223142
pretty much everything they did was illegal.

>going into another country to abduct someone
>torturing him
>killing Mexican police officers
>torturing drug mules
>outright assassinating a person in cold blood, along with his family

we have laws in place against this sort of shit to avoid killing innocent people.
>>
>be big bad cartel boss
>only hire like 6 guards for your mansion
>>
>>69223483

Yes and it's a really fucking big deal if they do.
>>
>>69223545
thats weird, plenty of others countries have no problem with that. But i guess it make sens in the US considering the tons of agency you got + the fear of too much federal power.
>>
>>69223593
no one in Mexico is innocent
>>
File: 1378410044979.jpg (20 KB, 208x200) Image search: [Google]
1378410044979.jpg
20 KB, 208x200
>>69223593
>>outright assassinating a person in cold blood, along with his family
>a person

The guy was a piece of shit
>>
>>69223654
Trump pls go
>>
>>69223598
What a stupid ass complaint. Only a handful of people knew who this guy was let alone where he lived. He shouldn't need any guards at all.

Did you even watch the fucking movie? Because his reclusiveness was kind of what they were trying to break.
>>
>>69223593
>the government can't assassinate foreigners

oh lawdy
>>
>>69223340
>the law = becoming the bad guys
>giving a shit about a country's authority when you have the ability to fix issues that affect your people
>giving a shit about a country's authority when almost every inch of the country is infested with cartel or corrupt people on their payroll
>>
File: 1450218835465.jpg (55 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1450218835465.jpg
55 KB, 400x400
>>69223758
>>
>>69223725
I'm not saying they can't, I'm saying it's illegal.

Drone strikes kill innocent civilians every day. But people say "muh war!" so it's okay.
>>
>>69223142
Del toro is from colombian cartel hitman. The u.s government basically hired a hitman to help a cartel war and destabalise a country and used kate as a patsy for their "paperwork".

She had every right to be pissed , but what everyone forgets is that she is still just a talented rookie that knew fuck all about the mexican side of drug trade or what she was getting into.
>>
File: Trump loves Hispanics!.jpg (89 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
Trump loves Hispanics!.jpg
89 KB, 600x800
What are you talking about? Trump loves Hispanics!
>>
>>69223960
>>69223700

Damn it
>>
>>69223593
>innocents

Literally no one they fucked uo was innocent not even the druglords family
>>
She subconciously resented the idea that her presence there was only to grant U.S. access across the border, while she was there she got treated like an idiot, and when she tried to actually take some sort of action against the cartel she got told it didn't matter and made both Matt and Medellin think she was an even bigger idiot.
>>
Not only did they operate way outside their jurisdiction but they made a power vacuum on purpose so a more reliable cartel could take Juarez, and that fighting is going to have an innumerable human cost. Hardly any good was done, I think that's what you see with the soccer game at the end. The machine keeps turning.

They didn't kill Alarcon because he was a bad man, either, they killed him because he refused to comply with the United States, and just managed to find a man with a personal vendetta to do it.
>>
>>69223960
>I've met Trump because he was in one of my movies, Celebrity. He's very affable, and I run into him at basketball games and at Lincoln Center. And he is always very nice and pleasant — [which is] hard to put together with many of the things he has said in his campaign.
>>
>>69223951
>>69224009
these posts are right, if mexico wasn't fucked before it's even more fucked after the black ops. Upsetting the status quo doesn't mean progress is gonna be made.
>>
>>69223340

When they go crying to their boss about what's happening he explicitly tells them that everything has been authorised from the highest levels by elected officials and that they are not breaking the law. Kate was a silly bitch.

PAY ATTENTION.
>>
Are you serious?

They were literally operating way outside of their jurisdiction and violating another country sovereignty but it's not like the CIA gives a fuck cause they literally did that all throughout their existence when they spent their days toppling democratically elected governments. In fact what they did in the film was pretty much what they did in RL.
>>
>>69224119

That's the entire point, anon.

Medellin as Del Toro is called in the film is explained to refer to a time, not a person. A time when the CIA had some control over the drug trade and the ability to at least reign in the actions of the Colombian cartels when shit got out of hand. The Mexican cartels answered to no one but themselves and were constantly escalating the drug wars in both Mexico and the US.

So by disrupting the Mexican cartels and causing a cartel war in Mexico (the fireworks they listen to on the roof of the prison) and killing the cartel boss, the CIA are aiding the Colombian cartels--cartels that can be somewhat controlled.
>>
File: 1396249405768.jpg (28 KB, 380x250) Image search: [Google]
1396249405768.jpg
28 KB, 380x250
>>69224280
They were still breaking the law. The will of the higher up is irrelevant to the law.
>>
>>69224359

And that is why they used "Medellin" to do the dirty work.

>What is plausible deniability
>>
>>69224292
It was a classic CIA move. They removed someone in opposition to install a puppet of theirs. Isn't there a second film coming out? I wonder if it will go into the consequences of what happened. Could be interesting if they went that route.
>>
This movie kind of sucked. I was so hyped cause Prisoners and Enemy were great and /tv/ memed about this non-stop.

Then I watched it and all I got was nice cinematography, the most ugly CGI ever (in the night vision scene), one cool action sequence shown in its entirety in the trailer and Emily Blunt on her period.
>>
File: 1408138003078.png (124 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
1408138003078.png
124 KB, 500x333
>>69224401
Oh gee I wonder why a moral law-abiding character would have a problem with that?
>>
>>69224413
Watch it again pleb. It's really better on a second viewing.
>>
>>69224413
I liked Sicario but yeah, it is his weakest film.
>>
>>69224413

You and I did not watch the same movie apparently.

>>69224442

I'm not saying it was moral in the textbook sense but rather in a lions before lambs sense. War is hell. The only reason why, as Westerners, we get to live in relative peace and harmony is because of the foul, odious, morally reprehensible shit that dark elements of our governments are willing to do to maintain the status quo.
>>
>>69224527
just stop posting
>>
>>69224552

NO U!
>>
File: they have to go back kate.jpg (26 KB, 650x366) Image search: [Google]
they have to go back kate.jpg
26 KB, 650x366
if you hated this character you didn't understand the movie
>>
>>69226866
>emily blunt will NEVER step on your balls
just die in my sleep already
( ._.) ( ;_;)
>>
>>69223630
>+ the fear of too much federal power.
lol
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.