[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Almost finished Seinfeld, so I plan to watch this next. What's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
Almost finished Seinfeld, so I plan to watch this next.

What's /tv/'s opinion on Curb Your Enthusiasm. Is it any good?
>>
>>69218345

Its good
>>
>>69218345
based leon
based jeff
based susan
basedest larry

Cheryl might not be the funniest character (she's a selfish mean spirited spoiled bitch) but the show loses a lot when she leaves, she was really good at bringing stories together and being the force of inescapable consequences for Larry.
>>
>>69218345
It's good, just not as good.
>>
H Y S T E R I I I I I I C A A A L
>>
>>69218345
Blasphemous opinion warning: it's terrible. It's a non-comedian poorly improving his way through some rough scripts (I know it's called retro scripting, but whatever). A majority of the show feels like actors waiting for something funny to happen, and when it finally does, it's not even that funny. This is coming from a huge Seinfeld fan, and this show was a major disappointment. That all being said, most people love it, so give it a shot. I'm not gonna tell someone not to like something just because I don't.
>>
>>69218345
Curb > Seinfeld

Holds up much better too.
>>
>>69218345
pretty funny but misses a costanza character sorely
>>
>>69219128
I suppose HIMYM is more your cup of tea.

Fag.
>>
Curb is more aggressive, but not as well crafted as Seinfeld.
>>
>>69219178
Larry IS Costanza you moron.
>>
>>69219178
This is bait right?
>>
>>69218345
I personally feel it's much better than Seinfeld
>>
There's an episode s01e00. Should I start with that one? Or s01e01?
>>
One of the best comedy series I've ever watched tbqh. This thread is making me want to rewatch the whole thing.

>car wash cunt
>>
>>69218345
It's pretttttty pretttttttty pretttttty good
>>
>>69219495
kek
>>
>>69219273
Thats the pilot, you can start with it if you want, the episodes are mostly self contained if I remember right
>>
>>69219193
Dude, chill the fuck out. I don't like HIMYM, or Curb. Sorry that I don't love exactly what you do. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
>out with friends
>say something that upsets someone
>dig myself a hole trying to talk my way out of it
>bom bom bom starts playing in my head
>>
>>69219901
That tune plays in my head every time I finish jerking it
>>
File: zuzzy.gif (771 KB, 245x184) Image search: [Google]
zuzzy.gif
771 KB, 245x184
GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY HOUSE YOU BALD FUCKKKKKK
>>
It's better. And it gets major points for not having a laughtrack,
>>
>>69220109
>Yeah, you only say those things cause you love me.
>>
>>69219741
What do you like aside from Seinfeld ?
>>
>>69219901
I call it the Jew music.
>>
>>69219178
?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
>>
Literally my life.
>>
Love it. I actually don't think Seinfeld is as funny, but everyone's entitled to their own opinion.

My only qualm is that, while most episodes revolve around Larry's lack of tact, some entirely hinge on a character who feels fucking stupid and unrealistic; all of the side characters start saying shit you wouldn't expect them to in order to conform to this new cartoon fucking everything up; and without being able to relate to those situations, they no longer seem as funny. Instead of thinking, "Oh, Larry, you deserve this," you start thinking, "What fucking world did he just get dropped into?"
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.