[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It still hasn't been topped.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 10
It still hasn't been topped.
>>
>>69217240
I doubt it ever will
>>
File: 1304376955947.png (457 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1304376955947.png
457 KB, 600x450
>>69217240
ITT: Overrated shit

It's a mediocre action flick, with a not that great story when you think about it.
>>
File: 8zWl891.jpg (95 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
8zWl891.jpg
95 KB, 1920x1080
You don't even need to go that high
>>
>>69217240
Watchmen
>>
>>69217295
This

Everything just went right
>>
File: 1421489516773.jpg (9 KB, 212x195) Image search: [Google]
1421489516773.jpg
9 KB, 212x195
>>69217295
this tbhfam
>>
>>69217240
I have a question regarding the Dark knight film. It is shown in the film, that the police managed for 8 years to completely suppress the Gotham criminal world by using the Dent Act.

The question is - what is this act about? I mean, what kind of law improvement did it make so that the crime would cease to exist for such a long period? This question has two aspects:

The main obstacle in fighting the crime is the need for the Police itself to obey the Law and not to violate the Rights of the criminals. You cannot torture people under suspicion, these people have a right for lawyer and etc. How could Dent Act violate that? After all, Gotham is just a city, not even a state. Therefore it cannot introduce laws that contradict state laws and federal laws (although I am not an US citizen and not sure about that).
The economical basis. Organized crime exists due to the nature of the market trade economy. If it is profitable to sell drugs, there always will be someone who sells them. If prostitution is profitable, someone will always practice that. In order to defeat the basis of the crime world you have to change drastically the economy basis. Could the Dent act do that?
>>
>>69217434
>Hello beautiful

No it didn't
>>
File: 1404743668287-1.jpg (19 KB, 300x279) Image search: [Google]
1404743668287-1.jpg
19 KB, 300x279
>Snyder’s thrillingly intelligent use of interior conflict and political antagonism vastly outclasses Christopher Nolan’s Batman trilogy: Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, and The Dark Knight Rises — all noxious — which were bellwethers of our culture’s decline.
>It takes just such dreamlike moral clarity to reprove the Nolan trilogy’s chaos.
>Fanboys prefer the Nolan films for their “darkness,” which emphasized the sophomoric, pseudo-tragic elements of the Batman graphic novels. But Snyder’s more adult treatment finds the material’s emotional core. This displeases the fanboy/hipster whose adolescent embarrassment about feelings was exploited through Nolan’s emotionless violence and post–9/11 nihilism. Snyder counters that cultural crisis and (through the script by Chris Terrio and David S. Goyer) visualizes the millennial moral struggle as pop myth. His essential subject is mankind’s struggle to discover compassion as well as common obligation — or dare I use the non-political term: brotherhood?
>The pain of post–9/11 as reflected in Nolan’s Batman films was a paradigm shift. But fantasy cannot conscientiously be enjoyed Nolan’s way, without any sense of social, historical, or moral consequence. Snyder manipulates this new paradigm so that mankind’s sense of mortality is embodied by Batman, Superman, and their arch-nemesis, Lex Luthor. (All three characterization performances are, well, perfect.)
>>
>>69217461
Joker tells jokes m8
>>
>>69217240
Big /mu/tant here, obviously for many people going to see your favourite band live is quite a memorable and exciting experience. As is eagerly anticpating a new release or whatever. But I can legitimatly remember what an "event" going to see this in the cinema with all my friends was. Not much else I can say that about, except possibly LOTR trilogy. It comes close to some of the best gigs I've seen.
>>
>>69217566
This. If you didn't get it, no wonder you'd think it's overrated.
>>
>>69217240
I thoroughly enjoyed Civil War but this is true.
>>
>>69217534
i hate this man so much
>>
>>69217458
>KIll all niggers
There you have it
>>
>>69217240
>in mexico for business
>walking around the city
>stumble upon a mask shop
>they have the Bane mask
>180 fucking Pesos
>I probably won't be here ever again
What the fuck do I do, /tv/
>>
>>69220011
Make love to an unclean woman
>>
>>69220060
I already did
>>
>>69217240
But it has. Didn't you watch the new movie?
Acting and cinematography was vastly superior.
>>
>>69217240
>>69217295
>
>>
>>69217458
I assume some sort of super RICO laws, secret police tier stuff
>>
>>69220192

Jessie Eisenberg was vastly superior?
>>
>>69217240
>Ledger death helping ratings

even with that, Spiderman 2 has a higher critics only rating on RT, and Iron Man is tied with it.

if we're going based on just disregarding critics and aggregates completely, Civil War is literally, without a doubt, the best superhero movie of all time.
>>
>>69220390
well, his acting was nice, but he was an utter failure in the role as lex.
>>
>>69220321
nothing happens: the movie
>>
>>69220478
It had good cinematography. But for everything that wasn't a action scene it was all close up and there were no establishing shots.
>>
>>69220615
>He didn't watch the movie
>>
>>69220615
LITERALLY didn't watch the movie
>>
>>69217240
I wonder if this was part of the plan
>>
No one will top Ledger's performance in a comic book film, but personally The Dark Knight isn't that great. Bale's Batman voice and suit is awful, and the action is uninspired.
>>
File: Spider-Man_2_Poster.jpg (408 KB, 1021x1400) Image search: [Google]
Spider-Man_2_Poster.jpg
408 KB, 1021x1400
>>69217240
Sorry OP, but that's not even the true capekino
>>
>>69217240
Rises was a better film in every possible way. Truly one of the biggest since the silent era.
>>
>>69220321
It's goat when you compare it with today's capeshit.
It's just good and nothing more, the same with TWS.
>>
And it never will be.
>>
>>69217240
Simply put, you have a low cinematic IQ, or some sort of Stockholm syndrome, from overexposure to bland, safe, PC and souless mass-produced blockbusters, which has conditioned you into accepting the absolute lowest-common denominator standards in filmmaking, writing and cinematography as somehow acceptable, when you should in fact feel nothing but contempt or disgust for any Kevin Feige-conveiced product.

Even strictly in the field of capeshit entertainment, where the bar has always been pretty low, since they're primarly a children media, the level of genuine quality and creative abilities (which comes from studios giving freedom to an auteur with a strong personality and vision towards the material) has kept dropping since the 90's.

When Raimi's Darkman/Spider-Man, Del Toro's Blade 2/Hellboy, Burton's Batman 2 or Bird's The Incredibles offered innovative and playful set pieces, meaningful and relevant themes, each with a very distinct, appropriate tone and truly cinematic aesthetics (simply compare the lighting or editing to today's equivalents), none of these qualities are to be found in Civil War or any of the previous MCU entries. This is why Edgar Wright got fired from Ant-Man. This is why Feige keeps hiring visionless point-and-shoot directors who come from TV or comedy, colorblind cinematographers and art/set design teams who seem to be in love with grey, sterile hangers for some unexplainable reason. Action scenes are now being conceived by CGI teams months before the movie begins shooting and all follow the exact same formula.

Even as a child, I couldn't imagine being dazzled or amused by those turds, as they're utterly devoid of any charm, colors, magic or imagination.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1rCjmdbi8g
>>
>>69217240

Heat Legend's performance is the only thing that propels it to something greater.

It's bloated as fuck. Seriously. I feels every bit of it's runtime and then some.

Look at Rises. Same Nolan formula and ends up being far less than the sum of its parts. Overly grandiose. The Dark Knight is every bit of that as well but we didn't have a plane scene meme about.

Just a pencil scene for normies to meme about.
>>
>>69222960
Fedora kid: the post.
>>
>>69217452
dumb ghettoposter
>>
File: 1381778444374.jpg (19 KB, 346x346) Image search: [Google]
1381778444374.jpg
19 KB, 346x346
>>69220011

>triple doubles

Okay, I'll assume Lord Kek has given you a real line of advice here.

Buy the mask. Fuck some hookers with it on and take a selfie saying you're a big guy.

You're on business though, don't compromise yourself obviously. Put it here some time from now.

May Lord Kek protect you my son.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.