[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this film any good? Midnight in Paris was a really bad film
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: Vicky_cristina_barcelona.jpg (23 KB, 295x436) Image search: [Google]
Vicky_cristina_barcelona.jpg
23 KB, 295x436
Is this film any good? Midnight in Paris was a really bad film and I couldn't finish it. Is this more of the same from Woody Allen?
>>
once you've seen one woody allen film you've seen them al
>>
>>69214519
Ah
>>
>>69214363

ScarJo is actually hot in this one. worth it to see this rare event.
>>
>>69214948
I'm 15 minutes into the filmiddle and I want to shoot myself.
>>
>>69214363
>MIP
>bad
Objectively wrong.

Just watch Manhattan though its Allen's best.
>>
Worst Allen film in decades
Worst Oscar to a Supporting Actress
Worst in general

IT
FUCKING
SUCKS
>>
>>69216011
Midnight in Paris was, like this film, rampantly self-indulgent and pretentious. In past Allen films the charmingly neurotic characters diffuse the pretense, but in these two films the characters are gratingly modern and offensive to anyone with good taste. The scene in MIP where Owen Wilson'said character smugly triumphs over the out of touch, conservative father makes one physically ill with its naked self satisfaction.

Both films milk the settings in, as I said, a very indulgent way. The films draw you in but to a place replete with cliche (the love circle in VCB, the free spirit and structured one) and nothing interesting to say.

In both films Allen cleaves to the same kind of listless bohemian tortured soul cliche. Only people equally as shallow as the characters could empathize with them, and all their contemptible frivolity and complacency.

Woody Allen seems to make a new film every year, perhaps to take his mind off his degenerate life and how many people are disgusted by him. In the end, a more careful and subtle filmmaker like Whit Stillman produces a much better film with a similar subject matter.
>>
>>69216813
Forgot pic
>>
>>69214363
>not liking mip
fuck off

also
>contemporary woody allen>classic woody allen
>>
>>69218420
Nice meme
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.