[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>John Goodman seems like a weird, but good guy >Oh wait
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: dmCjcazR.jpg (32 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
dmCjcazR.jpg
32 KB, 400x400
>John Goodman seems like a weird, but good guy
>Oh wait no, he's a bad guy
>No wait, never mind he seems ok enough
>John Goodman is bad again, and crazy
>And now Ayy lmaos

What the fuck.
>>
>>69214307
fuck off reddit

Saged
>>
Is there a screener out there? I don't want a shitty camrip but it seems like this is a good kino
>>
>>69214525
HDrip.
>>
>>69214525
There's a decent webrip, Korean I think but no subtitles so all's good.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (15 KB, 1446x23) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
15 KB, 1446x23
>>
File: 2400d5_3186440.jpg (17 KB, 229x220) Image search: [Google]
2400d5_3186440.jpg
17 KB, 229x220
>that montage with the happy music and puzzles
>>
>>69214307
>John Goodman is presented as an insane conspiracy theorist
>also a child rapist/murder
>looks like he kidnaps MEW
>talks shit about the air being poison and ayy lmaos attacking Earth
>MEW proceeds to escape resulting in the death of Goodman and the other guy
>burns down the bunker
>turns out ayyyliums really were attacking
>Goodman was right all along
>she killed them for nothing
>doesn't die in the end
>soloes a fucking alien battleship

Fuck this SWJ Mary Sue shit.
>>
File: ha.png (8 KB, 679x427) Image search: [Google]
ha.png
8 KB, 679x427
>>69214924
>that moment when she sees the alien ship and realizes she should have stayed in the goddamn bunker
>>
This movie was seriously boring and the addition of the Aliens when she escapes was cringey at best. Only good parts were Goodman and the end scene when the mother ship lights up from the lightening.
>>
I felt like punching myself in the face during the ending.
>>
They were so blantant about some creepy shit actually happening outside and Goodman being crazy that I've actually expected for one of those things to be red herring and Emmet being the real bad guy
>>
>>69214924
She killed him because he was a crazy murderer. She knew the threat outside was real from the end of the first act onwards.

She's also not a Sue because her entire character arc is about being a coward who stands idly by, until the finale.

Last 1/4 of the movie was definitely rushed and sloppy, tho.
>>
>>69214924
goodmans character deserved death
>>
Why aliens never checked for survivors inside of very obvious bunker? Don't say they lack numbers, because they had ship patrolling just outside the bunker at exact moment when she escaped
>>
So what the fuck caused the weird infection? The green gas or the weird dog aliens?
>>
>>69215195
The green gas, obviously.
>>
I didn't understand anything about murdered girl, did Goodman kill his daughter too or just that one girl he showed photo of? And what was the point of even showing fake photo to MEW?
>>
>>69215283
Well Jesus, there's no point fighting these fucking things then if they have bio-weapons.
>>
I didnt enjoy the kidnapped/murdered girl subplot much. It removed any sort of complexity from the conflict. It turned Howard from a well meaning but kinda crazy guy into just an unambiguously evil nutcase
>>
>>69215356
If they didn't do that there would be no conflict. They could just keep living peacefullynin the bunker.
>>
>>69215767
They could have introduced an ideological conflict, that pits their mindsets against each other.
Then have Howard go too far in order to assert his idea of order.
>>
>>69215294
The story about his wife taking his daughter away was true. He then kidnapped the other girl to replace her, and eventually murdered her.
>>
>>69215817
I would have loved for them to switch brains and have Howard have to go outside in order to save them and ends up getting sick or killed by the ayys which forces her to escape.
>>
>>69215767
There was conflict long before. Howard's possessiveness and need for order. It would have been a nice quandary where MEW would decide whether it was better to live under Howard's thumb or take her chances outside. With him being a child murderer its pretty obvious staying in the bunker is a definite death sentence
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.