[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this Fincher's best movie? Just watched it last night,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
Is this Fincher's best movie? Just watched it last night, and I can't think of a movie he's made that's better made than Zodiac.
>>
>>69210829
I love Ted Cruz's appearance. Very subtle.
>>
fight club
>>
you are now aware that the poster looks like a chest
>>
>>69210953
I have the poster framed on my wall

Now I will have to take it down.

I am trying to unsee but I can't.
>>
in order

zodiac
gone girl
fight club
se7en
the girl with the dragon tattoo
the social network
the game
the curious case of benjamin button
alien 3
panic room
>>
I think it's debatable between this and Se7en.
>>
>>69210990
alien 3 is underrated
>>
>>69210990

Not the worst list I've seen but there is no fucking way Gone Girl and Fight Club are above Se7en
>>
>>69211021
it is, if that was personal preference id serious have it above the next three. not even joking. social network is highly overrated and just not really interesting. alien 3 is a mess but fascinating and fincher still bleeds thru, despite his hatred and disowning of it.

>>69211043
those three are all very close. i should probably have fight club at 2 and a coin flip between gone girl and se7en... but nah.
>>
>>69210829
I also watched it last night and it was too much of a buddy cop movie to be really good, there are some good scenes but overall it's a pretty mediocre procedural. Perhaps it's because I can't stand Downey's 'charm'.
>>
Zodiac >
>>
I rewatched it the other day, it loses a lot of tension the second time around. It's still a huge accomplishment that it was so intense the first time around when the crime is infamously unsolved, but seeing it again it's not as hugely compelling. Still very good though

I think his best might be Gone Girl. It's the perfect pulp-y story for his sensibilities, the way Hitchcock did some of his best work with ridiculous spy and murder stories.
>>
File: rosssu12.jpg (132 KB, 800x490) Image search: [Google]
rosssu12.jpg
132 KB, 800x490
Good movie but Arthur Allen wasn't the Zodiac.
>>
>>69210829
Yes.
>>
>>69210990

gone girl is shit
>>
>>69210999
Seven is a really good movie, but I feel like Zodiac is where Fincher really started to come into his own distinct style.
>>
>>69211211
Downey's hardly in it though, and I don't think the buddy cop movie really applies at all.
>>
>>69210990
Zodiac>Social Network>Se7en>Gone Girl>Fight Club>The Game>Girl With the Dragon Tattoo>Curious Case of Benjamin Button>Panic Room> Alien 3
>>
>>69211725
Not a bad list, but I would put Gone Girl above Seven
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.